Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New General SOTF Discussion Thread; Yep
Topic Started: Nov 20 2013, 11:42 AM (20,572 Views)
Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT SUMMER SIMMS.

Summer Simms is my favourite character because she makes me look like a total hypocrite. Mimi uses her to do all the gross shit I hate seeing in characters (EATING INTESTINES TO MAKE THE TERRORISTS LIKE HER MORE) but does it with such a genuine pathos behind it that you can't help but empathize with Summer as she descends further and further into utter madness. There's been a ton of characters I have enjoyed reading in V5, but Summer is the only one that I've really missed while the board has been down.

I just want her to catch a break at some point. :(
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ciel
Nov 21 2013, 01:59 PM
I really want to go on about how I actually prefer the most recent versions to the very first ones but... we all know about that. About how they are better. Right?
I am a V2 apologist.
V5:
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel
Nov 21 2013, 03:56 PM
but almost every handler has at least one character who's just forgettable, and in a game as ludicrously huge as V4 was that's a big issue.
This is the thing that in my eyes really held V4 back as a version and is generally why I'm in favour of smaller games. I'd wager that roughly 2/3 of all V4 characters were either totally forgettable filler or swap/hero fodder.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ghost Of Ravenstar
Nov 22 2013, 03:27 PM
Ciel
Nov 22 2013, 02:49 PM
Why you gotta be so technical? Me, I'm a hypocrite
It was a more socially-acceptable addiction than Lego.
Lego owns, man. Don't even front.

e: No one ever fire the punt gun.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel
Dec 18 2013, 08:03 PM
Staff has basically stopped giving bows out because of how unrealistically they've been handled.
as an archer myself, I HATE STAFF FOR THIS AND WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I implore everyone to bum rush the areas reserved in Random Thoughts threads on principle
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
has to happen organically. forcing it ooc usually makes it weird and awkward esp. when it forms on the island and characters have no pre-island connection at all
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply