Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOTF Survivor (Recap and Interest)
Topic Started: Nov 18 2013, 09:09 AM (992 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here is the Cursed Islands recap, transplanted from the Mini thread:

ROUND 1 Who Does Not Want To Be First Out? GAME START, 21 PEOPLE PARTICIPATING

ROUND 2 F***ing Curse! 20 PEOPLE REMAINING

ROUND 3 Strength and Passion, 19 PEOPLE REMAINING

ROUND 4 Jeff Probst is a Goddamn Sadist 17 PEOPLE REMAINING

ROUND 5 Too Far Gone, 16 PEOPLE REMAINING

ROUND 6 Will I Ever Have A Home? 14 PEOPLE REMAINING

ROUND 7 Starvation Has Its Advantages, 13 PEOPLE REMAINING

And here is the second half:

Round 8 Its Not Over Yet, 12 PEOPLE REMAINING

Round 9 Our Security is our Downfall, 12 PEOPLE REMAINING

Round 10 The $50,000 Question, 11 PEOPLE REMAINING

Round 11 Im Screwing Myself Over For a Win, 9 PEOPLE REMAINING

Round 12 Waste Not Want Not 8 PEOPLE REMAINING

Round 13 Theres Never A Straight Vote, is There? 7 PEOPLE REMAINING

Round 14 Any Which Way But Here 6 PEOPLE REMAINING

Round 15 Damn You, Common Sense, 5 PEOPLE REMAINING

• The episode titles are things that had something to do with the round either because of something that happened, or a quote that would have been in the episode.
  • Originally, the post-merge jury order would have been as follows: R.J., Virgil, Kat, Matt, Joachim, Owen, Cassidy, Venice, Zubin, Jaquilyn, with Cammy winning (through R.J., Kat, Joachim, Zubin, and an audience tiebreaker), Cassandra in second (Virgil, Owen, Venice, and Jaquilyn), and Lana in third (Matt and Cassidy) and then the penalty curse screwed it up. Simply put, it made no sense to take out Joachim when he couldnt vote, so I switched it up so that Cassandra was the one eliminated instead, which put the Cows in control.
  • Immunities and eliminations were initially done by roll when it didnt screw things up. The same is true of the auction and the curse challenge which derailed my original boot order.
  • For the final vote, I rolled eight of the ten jurors given their alignments in-game and out, I automatically had Matt vote for his girlfriend Cassidy, and Zubin vote for his best friend/borderline showmance Jaquilyn, and then I started rolling the votes.
  • I am considering having an All-Star version of this game, if we go to SOTF Survivor 4. It would be six people from each of the three versions, with one slot from each season being filled by the respective winner - so Jaquilyn would automatically be in.
Version 2 will be in Papua New Guinea, 22 players over 42 days, and a new host (Samir Kochhar, host of Survivor: India). If this is done, it will be on another Zetaboards site, since the style would be too involved to do it in "Other Roleplaying." Please show your interest here, or on the Mini Site thread.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wooo! One, Two finish!
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm interested in participating in Version 2.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, I just realized, Jaquilyn won a car and yet she still won the game. What happened to the car curse?
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In game, I am not utilizing the Car Curse, so winning the car has no bearing on winning the game.

In real life, the Car Curse is still technically in effect, as a car has not been offered as a reward since Survivor: Fiji. The two most probable reasons are:
  • to prevent another deal like the one between Dreamz and Yau-Man from occurring
  • because in even-numbered seasons, the recipient would have to pay taxes on the car in April in spite of not receiving any winnings until May, which could cause the car being repossessed, which is what happened with Dreamz.

Interest is looking good. Keep it up!

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, guys! Here is the vote table for "The Cursed Islands:"

Votes

(1) The first Tribal Council had a tie vote between Jake and Alice, neither of whom could vote. Nobody changed their votes in the tiebreaker, and Jake was the first eliminated with two votes.
(2) Matt was the first person eliminated from the Pipedream Challenge and eliminated as per the Curse.
(3) Douglas was medically evacuated. As such, there was no vote for his elimination.
(4) Lana played a Hidden Immunity Idol, thus canceling out the seven votes for her and eliminating the person with the next most votes - in this case, R.J., with six votes.
(5) There was a tie vote between Lana and Matt, both of whom had six votes. Because nobody changed their votes, a Purple Rock selection was made, with Kat (through immunity), Lana, and Matt being immune. Virgil drew the Purple Rock, and was eliminated with no votes.
(6) Kat left the game via the Bribery Curse.
(7) Owen played a Hidden Immunity Idol, thus canceling out the five votes for him, and eliminating the person with the next most votes - in this case, Matt, with five votes
(8) Due to the eleventh Immunity Challenge, Joachim and Cassandra each had a penalty vote against them.
(9) Due to the eleventh Immunity Challenge, Joachim had a penalty vote against him.
(10) There was a tie between Zubin and Cassidy, each of whom had two votes. A fire making contest was held between them, and Cassidy won, making Zubin the final member of the jury.

As for SOTF Survivor 2, I have seven characters so far, so I'm hoping to get a few more soon. Remember: you can have up to three, adoptions are okay, and it can be from any version of SOTF, Main or Mini. I have the first three challenges ready to go as well. Either PM me or post here if you're interested.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just want to update. Here are the characters I have so far:

MALES:

• Aria Samuels (jimmydalad UP FOR ADOPTION, v5)
  • Jordan Redfield (adopted by LocoBroJoe, v3)
  • Mark Tavarian (adopted by LocoBroJoe, v3)
  • Maxim Senders (jimmydalad, Program v2)
  • Mike Whaley (decoy73, v5)
  • Simon Telamon (decoy73, v4)
FEMALES:

• Anna Chase (KamiKaze, v4)
  • Bella Bianchi (KamiKaze, TV2)
  • Holly Chapman (KamiKaze, Evolution)
  • Rosemary Michaels (MrMissMrsRandom, v5)
  • Saachi Nidal (jimmydalad, TV2)
  • Charlene Norris Stephanie Reid (decoy73, v4)
I've still got quite a few spots for those interested. Just PM me or post here if you're interested. Three characters per person max, but I would really like to see an overflow.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply