Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
New Official V5 Away Thread
Topic Started: Nov 14 2013, 02:00 AM (9,607 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello, everyone! For ease of bookkeeping, the imminent approach of V5 carries with it a new Away thread, with some notes and changes.

If you're going to be spending some time away from the site, this is the thread to let us know in. To keep things easy on the staff, and to make tracking inactivity simpler, we ask that everyone follow the template below when posting away. If you do not do so, your away post will not be counted, and you will not receive any extra time against inactivity.

This is not the thread to post that your activity will be reduced, as doing so clutters it up and makes it harder for staff to track. Instead, there is an entirely new thread for that.

Template:

Handler: Your name goes here. Use your forum handle, so we can easily find you in the list.
Dates Away: Post the dates you are away for here (January 5 2011-February 7 2011, say). Please spell out the months, so we can tell what you mean; dd/mm/yy is not the standard in every country. Do not leave this open-ended; if you have to, estimate high and return early or renew as required.
Days Away: The total number of days away goes here. This saves you from staff math errors late at night. DO NOT give a range. Pick a single, specific number. If in doubt, estimate high and then come back early if you are able. If you give a range, staff will give you the lowest number you put in.
Reason for Away: Here is where you say why you're gone.
Characters: List your characters here.

After this, feel free to put whatever you want, but you must have this template completely filled out to be counted as away.

Here's the code version:
Code:

Handler:
Dates Away:
Days Away:
Reason for Away:
Characters:

Next, a note on babysitting. While this trend is no longer so prevalent, the rules on it stand. Having someone babysit your characters has no effect at all on their inactivity. You post yourself away for however long you are away for, and your inactivity dates are adjusted based on that. If you have a babysitter, that's fine, but it is only to keep up your characters' momentum/keep things going with their threadmates. You are still responsible for posting with them by their adjusted inactivity date, and failure to do so will bear the usual results.

Finally, do not edit any away posts in this thread. Do not post edit posts to say you are back. Do not change your dates away. If there's any issue, repost, or we won't find your changes and you may run into inactivity troubles. If you need to extend your away for whatever reason, that is totally fine. Just repost to cover the new dates (and only the new dates) that you will be away.

Also, please note the following rules with regards to inactivity:

* If a handler has not posted 'away' for the entirety of one month, then they must post at least once per character in said month to be considered active.

* One day inactivity notices do not count towards the inactivity timer, as they are not considered to be significant enough to prevent posting.

* Any given handler cannot post as 'away' for more then four weeks of any six week period, barring severe real life extenuating circumstances (being in the hospital or another country without internet access, not being busy with schoolwork). Away notices exceeding this cap will be ignored and the inactivity timer will continue.

* Posting on the general boards, or spending a lot of time in chat, will be considered violation of an away notice and the timer will start again. If you have time to shoot the breeze in chat or mess around on the board, then you have time to dash off a post. We get that sometimes you only have fifteen minutes and want to stop in to say hello, and you won't be slammed for that, but if you're around the site for hours, staff will cancel Away notices. Abuse on this front was common and problematic in V4; therefore, for V5, this will not be a toothless threat.

*If you are Away but find yourself with time to dash off a post, feel free to do so! If you're still Away and the spare time is a one-time thing, just PM any staffer to let them know, and your Away notice will not be canceled. It would be absurd to punish handlers for being responsible above and beyond the call of duty, especially since it's something we love to see.

So, yeah. Start using this thread presently. Remember, no editing, no uncertain numbers of days away, and no not-really-Away-but-limited-access posts in this thread. We're going to be real taskmasters about this, because keeping track of activity for over a hundred and fifty characters is a huge headache even when everything is perfectly filled out; anything less than that wastes phenomenal amounts of time. If there are problematic posts, I'll try to note it through Help, but there's no guarantee of that happening, and failure to properly adhere to the rules of this thread will not be a thing in your favor if you have to appeal a staff decision, since everything's really clearly spelled out here.

Thread replaced for ease of reading. There were no current Aways in the old tread.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
Southern motherfuckin' democratic republicans.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: NotAFlyingToy
Dates Away: 16th-18th, November, 2013
Days Away: 3
Reason for Away: Lack of home computer
Characters: Hansel Williams

Doing this mainly for Mafia, but I'll be completely away these three days because I need a new home PC. Mine's fucked.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future
Offline Profile Goto Top

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
Southern motherfuckin' democratic republicans.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fixed it!
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: Psychedelic
Dates Away: November 25-30
Days Away: 5 or so
Reason for Away: Schooling/Holiday
Characters: Kyran Dean and Miles Strickland

Might post if time available, but I've been really stressin' with college work lately among other things.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
I guess it's appropriate to put it here...

Handler: leAloha
Dates Away: November 26th to December 4th
Days Away: 8 days
Reason for Away: Holidays, NaNoWriMo, moving and no internet in the new house
Characters: Veronica McDonald
Edited by Aloha, Nov 29 2013, 09:31 PM.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: Kalopsia
Dates Away: Sunday December 1 to Saturday December 7
Days Away: 8 days
Reason for Away: My school is holding mock exams for the next week.
Characters: Ray Gilbert, secret adoptee
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, I need to extend my away for another 8 days due to this major essay I need to complete ASAP. December 2-9.

I don't think I'm holding anyone up at the moment any way, though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rescinding my away due to the exams being pushed back a week. This carries with it the caveat that I will have to away again on the 8th.
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work
Offline Profile Goto Top

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Handler: SansaSaver
Dates Away: 7th December - 12th December
Days Away: 5 days
Reason for Away: Lack of computer
Characters: Maynard Hurst, Mirabella Strong

My iPad charger is completely kaput, and though I'm ordering a new one today it'll take a few days to arrive. There is a very slim chance that I'll be able to use my dad's computer, but the chances of that are quite unlikely. Sorry guys. :c Once I've got a new charger, though, expect no slacking from meeeee! c:
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rocky
Member Avatar
They see me walking, they hating
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: Rocky
Dates Away: December 5, 2013 - January 1, 2014
Days Away: 26 days (I think, my math could be off)
Reason for Away: The person who had the internet under their name decided to move without warning, and I currently don't have the funds to set up my own internet.
Characters: Stephanie Chan
G068 Chan, Yuan Stephanie
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shangela
Member Avatar
Glitter, Whiskey, and a hefty dose of Harlotry
[ *  * ]
Handler: Shangela
Dates Away: December 14- December 16
Days Away: Two
Reason for Away: Moving out of my dorm room and back home for the break. Apparently it's such an arduous task, that my parents have to come up.
Character: Brianna Battaglia

I'll probably be able to drum off a post sooner, but I'm writing this as a precaution. I'll try to be back as soon as possible~
Posted Image
-Credit goes to the lovely and talented Payouni of DeviantArt
Take another drag, turn me to ashes
Ready for another lie?
Says he's gonna teach me just what fast is,
Says it's gonna be alright

NOTE:I'm always looking for helpful critique on my roleplaying. If you see something you like (or don't like) feel free to PM me. I'll only get better with the more advice you all give me~

V5

V6
Offline Profile Goto Top

VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: VysePresident
Dates Away: December 18th - 21th
Days Away: 3
Reason for Away: I have a bunch of medical appointments, then my job is going to require basically a whole day helping with the end of year cleaning and repairs, then homework & tests, plus I'll be traveling briefly without computer access, all of which adds up to little to no free time.
Characters: Ian Williams, Chase Rodrigeuz.

So yeah, I'm a bit of a mess at the moment. My apologies to those of you I'm currently threading with - I'll be trying desperately to get posts up as soon as possible, but I can't promise anything.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Offline Profile Goto Top

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Name: jimmydalad
Dates Away: December 21st-January 2nd
Days Away: 10
Reason for Away: Going to be having a family vacation on a boat with limited/no internet connection and thus will be unable to post for said time
Characters: Cammy Davidson and Sharon Austin
Version 5

Version 7

Artsy Stuff by Other People
Offline Profile Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Name: MK Kilmarnock
Dates Away: December 22nd-January 4th
Days Away: 14? I think?
Reason for Away: Taking a plane to California to spend Christmas with Iktor's family. Also to see cool people like Michelle and Irene and my BROTHEEEEEEEER
Characters: Cody Patton, Jessica Sanders and Sean Mulcahy
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Offline Profile Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Terminate my away, as I have the capacity to write posts now.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic