Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Place; A spiritual successor to a really neat idea, no living allowed!
Topic Started: Oct 2 2013, 08:45 PM (2,094 Views)
Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So there was an afterlife, huh?

Amy had been wandering the building labelled ‘Hereafter’ for some time after she had arrived, a rather dazed expression on her face. She’d been killed, that much she knew. It wasn’t something she particular wanted to focus on, though. So instead, she’d just drifted from room to room, trying to take it all in. She’d passed by the bar and the Jacuzzi, had a quick nap in her designated room. She’d briefly glanced at the corner of TV screens, searching for any of her friends that were still alive and trying to find out if they were okay. All that time, though, one thought had remained in her mind.

Where exactly was she? If this was heaven, it sure was a lot more modern than everything she’d ever read had said. She also doubted heaven was especially tailor made for the students of Aurora High, either. She also doubted that hell would be so, well, comfortable. There was a lot less fire and brimstone too. So what was this? Purgatory? Valhalla? That weird Ancient Greek place?

Amy had read somewhere about a theory that, after you died, you become somebody else, anybody else, at any place and at any point in history. It had been an intriguing idea, and she wasn’t sure how she felt seeing as it didn’t appear to have been true. Hell, she wasn’t sure how to feel about any of this. She was dead, after all. Her friends and classmates, those who were still alive, were still on the island. Maybe it would be best to just forget about all that, and just... be at peace.

As Amy made her way into the next room, however, forgetting about what had happened on the island was made a little trickier. For there, in the middle of the pool, was Venice, floating lazily along. For whatever reason, tears threatened to spring forth at the sight of her. Amy made her way towards the side of the pool, before sitting down cross legged, lightly brushing her finger tips along the surface of the water. Right now, it didn’t seem to scare her.

“Gotta say, this pool’s a lot nicer than the last one I was in.”
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Venice rose up in the pool slightly as she saw Amy come over. She driften on over to the edge of the pool as she saw Amy's fingers touch the pool. She listened to the little aside about the last pool. Was that dark comedy? Was it to suppose to be funny? Venice wasn't laughing.

Her eyes glazed over as she inspected Amy. She wasn't covered in muck or blood. She was just like she had been, and that was both unnerving and relieving all at once. Venice's fingers twitched as they grazed the pool walls, bounds of energy within them now. She pulled her hands together, trying to hold it all in.

"It feels nice. The water, that is. I still had some itchiness from the grass thanks to the island."
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Imehal
Member Avatar
The Captain America of alien fighting.
[ *  *  * ]
At that very moment it was like none of the tragedy had occurred. They were back at Aurora High, having a chat about something when Brandon Baxter, one of the most unpleasant people Carlon had ever had the misfortune to tolerate, had felt it was time to invade their world. The words had not been directed at them, but they had always been loud – an interruption to their otherwise happy existence in the world. At that moment Carlon felt himself again, and those angry, furious words that he wanted to throw at his best friend and Brandon caught in his throat, choking him as the awareness that they were not alone – that others could judge and observe their fight – and fell quiet.

He felt like a failure all over again as Baxter walked away, smug as all sin for causing a halt in their argument, for thinking that he had the moral high ground – a plateau he had probably never even glimpsed in his narrow-minded view of the world. It showed too; his posture wilted, and Carlon walked, without making eye contact, to sit back at the chess table silently.

He took a deep breath, tried to let the anger go and failed. It was a part of him now, but it felt like a burden – a cross that he now could not just throw off now that he had been freed of the red haze that had misted his vision and obfuscated all his anxiety did to hold him back from true expression.

“Baxter, for once, has got a point Garrett,” Carlon said quietly, gesturing to the other chair with a tight frown, “We shouldn’t be fighting.”

A sigh, and then he rubbed his hands over his face to hide the fact that he could feel tears threatening to fall. “It’s not you I’m angry at. I’m not even angry, I’m just reminded when I saw what you did that, in the end, no matter whether we believe in good or evil we are all helpless. I died to stop Alex becoming what you did, but all I did was add another body to Makatala’s count.”

He looked up, forlorn and exhausted, but there was no trace of the disappointment in Carlon now. Just acceptance. “You did your best, but it wasn’t enough. But you did better than me. You gave a group of people something to fight for. That’s not nothing.”
Edited by Imehal, Mar 21 2014, 11:21 PM.

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sophie McDowell looked at the TV, holding a remote tight in her hand. She was sitting in front of the TV marked with her name. She hit the rewind button, playing the tape backwards. This was the fifth time she had hit rewind in the last few minutes, and she had to keep watching it.

Sophie was frightened as she walked into the building. She saw all her classmates who had died before her, all going about their business. She was confused. This didn't look like Heaven. It certainly didn't look like Hell. But if this was where all the deceased were, then maybe she'd find her friends. Dave, Stacey, and so many others she knew from school had to be here.

She wandered around, hoping to find some of her friends, when she found the TV with her name. She sat in the seat, and pressed play. There she watched her story. She saw the moment Dave threw himself off the cliff, when she met Alex, when they met Gavin, when she ran from the group, and finally, to when they met Finn in the hotel. That's when she watched in shock as she saw exactly how her death occurred.

Dropping to the floor was meaningless. Summer had thrown a grenade, and it landed right by her. That must have been the small object she saw before the bright flash. What was worse was that Sophie saw that Alex had tried to help her. He was shot in the leg, but he ran over to her to help. That got him killed as well.

Sophie replayed the scene, over and over. She had to accept it. She had died. Alex had died as well. It looked like Amaranta Montalvo killed Summer, but that didn't matter. Sophie was no longer living, and she had to deal with it.

She turned around and noticed a bar nearby. She walked over to the bar, ignoring the guys nearby. She sat at the bar. She needed a drink. If this was in some weird in-between place, she could probably order anything. There probably weren't any laws restricting what she could order. She decided to order something she had read about in a magazine once. She turned to the bartender.

"E-excuse me, Mr. Bartender, " she said. "Could I have some opium tea, please?"

Sophie held her face in her hands. It was quite a risk to ask for it, but why not? It's not like she had anything to worry about.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"You can take mine, I didn't really touch it."

A blonde guy a few seats away from Sophie stood up and placed himself next to her, a cup of tea in hand. Carefully, he set the cup on the counter in front of Sophie.

"I wanted to try it out, but one spoonful was enough."

The boy rubbed his elbows. Obviously, they weren't damaged anymore. He realized that he was somehow healed completely. Nonetheless, some sort of phantom pain still cursed through his body from time to time, with varying places and intensities.

"So, I guess we have out happy end?"
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sophie took the tea from the boy. She wondered if she should be worried about accepting a drink from someone she wasn't familiar with. Then again, the worst possible option had already happened, so why not?

"Thank you," she said, taking the tea.

Sophie took a sip from the tea as the boy mentioned their happy ending.

"Well, I'm not sure what the happy part is, but I guess it's here somewhere."

Rachael was unsure of what was going on. She last remembered Marcus stabbing her with a sword, and now she was in a club of some kind. She began to slowly wander around. It looked like the club was populated with the students who had passed away.

She didn't know what to think right now. She was dead, and they were all in some strange space. Rachael shook her head. She felt exhausted, even though she hadn't been here long. She went to sit down in an empty booth in the bar area. She slid into the booth and leaned against the wall. She remained in place, sighing occasionally.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Corey, if you can hear this, I'm sorry I wasn't able to save you. I don't know what I could have done to help, but part of me wishes I found you earlier so I could treat you. I guess it's no use though. I couldn't be there for Chuck, Alex, Amy, Kyle, or Jack either. I just hope you're in a better place now. I hope you're hanging out with the others, drinking beer on a warm summer evening, just enjoying your peace. I'm sure the rest of us will be there soon. Thank you for being my friend, and rest in peace.

"Man... for someone complaining about me dying being cliche..." Corey muttered under his breath. He smiled, before looking around at his surroundings. This place was lavish, really. They'd spared absolutely no expenses... expense... huh. Guess there wasn't such a thing in the afterlife.

He headed to the bar area. He wanted a Coke. He smiled at the bartender, tapping the countertop, and asked for a can.

Then, he made his way over to his destination; his goal had been laid out for him as soon as he saw the girl.

"Hey," he said to the girl sitting in the booth.

"Um... sorry for leaving you behind."

A soft whimpering sound had made itself known in a previously hidden corner of the swimming pool. There Yukiko sat, knees curled up against her body, eyes wet. She didn't exactly know how long she'd been crying there. Time didn't make much sense here, anyway.

She was free to cry. She had the energy again.

What was she thinking? How could she have tried to kill her friends? The memories of that scene didn't leave her mind and yet... she couldn't recall her own intentions anymore.

She buried her head in her knees.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A wild pitch past the target, head injury on the outside.

R.J. watched as Kathryn threw the baseball right past Iselle's shoulders. Damn, these girls were really mad at each other. It was kinda like watching worldstar, or a reality show gone bad. Again, similar to those, he was watching, hoping one of them would just pop the other one in the mouth and be done with it. It was an ignorant kind of entertainment, like seeing a fight at school during finals. Friends being so brutal to themselves was cathartic, in a time where he was well aware that he was dead and eternal.

He grabbed his Blue Moon beer, sat down, turned on a TV, and complained to himself about the temperature. Like it was still summer for him. He hadn't talked to anyone. Not Joey, not Lauren, not Veronica, not anyone from the team, no one. He realized that, especially now, he didn't have people he could just talk with. He unzipped his jacket and pressed the bottle against his head.

Burning.

He breathed out softly. Then he blinked a few times. Then he wrapped a curl of hair around his fingers. Something else R.J. now realized, that despite him hating math, he liked numbers. In terms of money, uniforms, countdowns, tournaments, he was interested in numbers. Where anything existed, there was a number to it. Where there were numbers, there was someone who followed them and analyzed them, anticipating a change or a long streak. It was wrong, but it had always been wrong, and a return to normalcy wasn't something people complained about. Even a veiled, convoluted, forced return. He turned his head back, and called out sheepishly.

"...Anyone wanna bet?"

He also realized he may have just said something retarded.

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rosemary was walking around the area, still taking pauses to rub her neck to feel that yes, there was no longer a collar or fingers against it. It felt... odd. But she supposed that, despite being dead and everything, this place was much better than down on that island.

She wondered about what would happen afterwards- were they all stuck here for eternity, or until the last of them fell, leaving a winner? It was nice- with the pool and drinks and comfortable chairs, but it all felt so temporary. She didn't want to spend all of her afterlife here.

Rosemary continued to walk, trying to look for Joey, Paulo, and Meera. But, maybe they didn't want to see her... and that would be okay. They were all already dead, and nothing else was worse than that.

She passed by R.J, pausing at his words. She walked to the side of his chair, seeing the screen he was looking at, and paused. These girls were part of the reason she and Meera were even here in the first place. She shouldn't care what happened to them, whether they lived or died. And she didn't. But... betting?

"...No, R.J."
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
At first, she was gonna let it ride. She didn't recognize the guy and she didn't really care about what happened down there. She was satisfied with just watching Kathryn's precious moral high ground slip away, and seeing that crazy looking chick from the swim team stalk Ian while he had his little breakdown.

Then Rosemary spoke up.

Fuck it. If Rosemary thought it was a bad idea, she'd support it.

"I'm in."

Alda swung towards the stranger and sat down closer to him.

"What're we betting? And what're we betting on?"

Her eyes met Rosemary's over her shoulder, just waiting for her to speak up.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She heard it. She turned her face around (Without moving the rest of the body, of course. These chairs were just too comfortable). She pondered. And pondered. And then she grabbed her glass and moved.

"I'm in."

Aileen Aurora Abdallah was getting bored. And quite honestly, she found this very odd at first. The first few hours she had to deal with her worldview shattering, then she had the joy to take solace in the finest pieces of chocolate she ever tastes before alternating between Travis being beaten by a chair, again and again, and seeing what Owen was up to while drinking excellent wines. But well, this was just how she felt. Couldn't do anything but to accept it.

She took a sip from the Rosé. A glance over to Alda, Rosemary.

Variety is... was, after all, the spice of li- life thingy. Damnit.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Hell, why not."

Cassandra glanced up from her book. She had been surprised that she had ended up in this place. It must have been some sort of stopover on the way to Heaven. She saw her mother when she had died. She knew she was going up to meet her. There was not a major blemish on her record, after all.

"So, we gonna see who's in, and then split everyone up, or are we just taking single picks?"

Cassandra knew who she wanted to bet on. A certain large, athletic, uninjured guy with semi-automatic shotguns and a grudge looked like a very promising prospect.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
R.J. retreated a bit back into his seat when he was promptly answered no to. It was what he had expected to happen. By Rosemary. He thought, if they had ever met on the island, he'd have so many questions for her. Why she did what she did to Joey, how it happened...kust for clarity. But now...well, it didn't rightly matter. He just turned his head away from her, and went back to the TV.

But along with the no's came the yeses with interest. And one of them was Alda Abbate, a softball girl, maybe one of Lauren's friends, maybe not. Either she thought the same thing he did about Rosemary, or maybe it just never mattered to her. Maybe neither. Again, it didn't really matter. He took a quick glance at the other girls, Aileen somethin somethin and Cassomethin or other, before he went on with the explanation after a quick swig.

"Well...um, we can bet on a lot of things. I was just thinkin' of, like, who wins and gets off right? But we could also do, like, who dies when or something, and who dies before somebody else, if we really want. I dunno, I like to keep it simple and book the big pot, y'know?"

Swig and a shiver as the flavor settled in how throat.

"Ah...but if we're talking what to bet on, we can't really use money or just food either. But like...whoever bets and loses just does whatever the person who wins says or somethin'. Somethin' like that, I guess."

Didn't really matter what they bet on, to him. Pretty much anything was up on the table

After all, you only die once.

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Alda had made direct eye contact with her. She had killed Meera, but she died soon after. Yet she just decided... to bet, while watching her friend kill someone? What the hell?

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Rosemary replied. "Those are your friends on the screen, aren't they? Are you being pissy because you're dead and they aren't?"

Her face morphed into disgust, directed at Alda in particular, but she felt it towards everyone who said yes. Even after death, people still pull this kind of crap? R.J's words were meaningless. They were just betting to pass time, until... whatever this was, was over. Bu at the cost of demeaning the living.

"How petty can you get?" she snarled, letting out the anger that she had not let free on the island. Too little, too late.

Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Fuck off, kill-joy."

Alda was in no mood to put up with Rosemary's hypocritical bullshit. Not now. She finally had something to distract herself with, and Rosemary wasn't going to ruin it for her.

"My friends abandoned me. Just like you abandoned yours."

Her hand wrapped around her drink and lifted it to her face, letting her mutter into it as she sipped.

"Least I didn't kill any of mine."
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply