Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Giant Mecha battle!
Topic Started: Jul 19 2013, 07:51 PM (1,301 Views)
MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so, I spewed about this in chat for a bit.

For NaNoWriMo, I'm going to be (hopefully) writing a story concerning a bunch of mech pilots loosely based off of some of us that get into giant robot fights and are mercenary group members and other such things.

Oh, and the tentative title is "What Cowardice Feels Like".

Current planned characters:

Mercenary Squad A: Title pending. Protagonist squad, is hired to help dethrone a planetary government.

Current members are characters based on:

- Ruggahissy: Pilots the Madcat Abraxas. Best all-around infighter of the group, serves as its leader. Has something of a classy lesbian relationship with Mimi.
- Mimi: Pilots the Ryoken Luther. Serves up as a support role and a reliable second-in-command, tends to flank enemy mechs in firefights. Has a classy lesbian relationship with Rugga.
- Outfoxd: Pilots the Atlas Suplex, generally the largest mech on the field at any given point in time. Wades into fights and draws fire the best he can. His mech has known electrical issues but he powers through them best he can.
- Deamon: Pilots the Shadow Cat Pryde. As his mech is a holdover from his previous engagements (he ripped it from his previous clan), he had to repurpose it to fit his role in the group. Long range combatant.

Qualities: Something of a 'smaller-time' group, often with outdated or just plain defective equipment. Their only mech in the assault class is their Atlas, which suffers from a few electrical issues.

Mercenary Squad B: Title pending. Rival mercenary group hired to protect the government and its 'royal' family.

Current members are characters based on:

- MK Kilmarnock: Pilots the Daishi Slaughterhouse. Is a terrifying foe in combat with a mech that has some of the most terrific damage output, as well as ability to shrug off damage. Has a tendency to taunt enemies in combat, including hitting on Rugga. Is generally rebuffed.
- Kyle: Pilots the Awesome Painkiller. Serves as a competent, if somewhat hotheaded and unreliable lancer pilot. His mech reflects his fighting style; extremely offensive, pays little heed to defense.
-Turtle Tyrant: Pilots the Catapult Snapper. A full-fledged support mech that specializes in launching missiles from afar, often from cover.

Mech repair shop: A mechanics shop favored by Squad A. Consists of a repair bay, a large shop full of weaponry and chassis pieces, and a substantial junkyard. Supplier of more than a few parts to the squad.

Characters based on:

- Betaknight: The owner of the shop and skilled mechanic. Tends to be somewhat dry in nature and isn't willing to put up with a lot of bullshit. Still quite fond and protective of, if also critical of, the members of squad A.
- Dom: Mechanical engineer and assistant of the shop. Is a master at wiring and other internal hardware, basically pieced together the Atlas Suplex's workings from scrap. Also constructed his own mech using a small Flea chassis, christened the 'Dickshark'. Drives it around and irritates the fuck out of Tre.

Planetary government: Operates as something resembling a monarchy, including a king and queen. However, rather than bearing children (in fact, they are not allowed to have kids at all), the king and queen instead select two heirs from one of 14 royal families. In this way, the best candidates to rule are chosen, not those who simply happen to be born into the right (leading to piss-poor monarchs). Also features a parliament with regularly elected officials who acts as a system of checks and balances.

Characters based on:

- Murderweasel: The selected 'prince', from the 12th family of the quatturodecim. Is the one who hired squad B to aid in the defense of the government. Is the younger twin brother of the character based off Kilmarnock. Is also a capable mech pilot, preferring a secret model called the 'Black Knight'.
- Skraal: The selected 'princess', from the 4th family of the quatturodecim. Very suspicious of Toben and his practices, seeks resolution through a different discourse. Has backup plans to try and remove Toben from the picture altogether. A capable pilot in her own right, piloting a Thanatos she commissioned and named the 'Thorncrown'.

Other characters based off of:

- Jonny: A mysterious pilot of the Thor Iajutsu, a ridiculously powerful in-fighting mech. Current role unknown.
- Naft: Mission control for Squad A. Generally listens to their bickering and tries to keep them on track with the mission.
- Espi: Mission control for Squad B. Tries to do his best for the squad he commands, but is relentlessly hounded by Richard.
Edited by MK Kilmarnock, Jul 21 2013, 12:11 AM.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If you wanna be featured in here by the way, just drop me a note and I'll work you in somehow. Need more squad members and junk.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MECH INFORMATION

Madcat Abraxas

Ryoken Luther

Atlas Suplex

Shadow Cat Pryde

Flea Dickshark

Daishi Slaughterhouse

Awesome Painkiller

Catapult Snapper

Black Knight Regent

Thanatos Thorncrown

Thor Iajutsu
Edited by MK Kilmarnock, Jul 21 2013, 12:39 AM.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd be interested in being a character if you need filler/minor characters. I think it'd be cool if I was like a wild-card working alone for the highest bidder.

#generic
Edited by Espi, Jul 19 2013, 07:56 PM.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You can throw me in as a squad member I guess. I took a look at some of the mechs and took a liking to the Shadow Cat not sure if its called the same thing in the game though.

Edit: Appears Mimi wants to me join her squad/harem and rubies were offered.
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
Would it be okay if I was a royal family member who is a rival to Toben?
Survival of the Fittest Version 5

Survival of the Fittest Version 7

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would very much like to be a part of this. Giant robots are cool. Not sure how teenagers fit into this world, but here I am. Piloting one of these things would be really cool as well.

EDIT: Squad Member, Military, Whatever thing you can get me a pilot in would be nice.
Edited by Un-Persona, Jul 19 2013, 08:12 PM.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

aristeia
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
everlasting fame, how could I resist! Squad would be good but whatever you need.

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd be happy to be a part of this. Every squad needs a team kid to... be young and stuff.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd love to be featured, with no preference to role. Do with me what you feel is appropriate (or inappriopriate, this is your story after all).
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am always available for mechanical fodder duty.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Polibyss
Member Avatar
Water Type
[ *  * ]
I'd like to be part of this in some way. I don't care if it's a really minor role or anything.

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have expressed interest in this funness before and I have no qualms about doing so again!
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Suspect you might be getting a bit volunteer overloaded but I'd love to be a cameo or squaddie or team engineer or w/e in need if there's space.

Some kind of support role would be fun if it's non-cameo, really. That aforementioned engineer or anything else you might need would be cool.
Edited by Slam, Jul 20 2013, 05:48 AM.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
This sounds so coooooooool. : O

If you need any character based off of me I would love to be a part of this, and if not then please inform on the forum when chapters for this or anything comes out because I really want to read this, this sounds awesome.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply