Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MurderWeasel's Brutally Hardcore Realism Litmus Test; Because I finally got around to this
Topic Started: May 24 2013, 01:32 AM (2,659 Views)
Delroy
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
..... I did the test on myself.

I got 79. I am so unrealistic :<
V5 characters:

Travis Webster - Whistling party animal with a roguish smile, quick wit, and without a care in the world.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Pregame: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]

Island: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Back home: The Webster Household, and their reactions....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okie dokie, here are mine. Calculations taken, by and large, before V4, because going through SOTF ramps a character's score like you would not believe:

V4 Calculations

Totals:
Aaron: 18
Jennifer: 4
Everett: 1
Kimberly: 13
Me: 31

That said, in doing this I found boatloads of stuff I missed that I'll add in when I get time.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder drawn by Ryuki

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I feel like a real person isn't going to have a "small" number, but something in like the 20s or 30s. Here is what I got:

Matt: 23
Cassandra: 76
Virgil: 28
Me: 35

Interesting that I scored so much higher than Matt, given that I he is an SI of me in a lot of ways.

Cassandra is 16 without her mother's death. That is ridiculous.

I always get annoyed by the "physical development" question, though, since that question is just sort of... unfair? Matt and I both took a hit on that question despite being average in development for an Armenian, but that is still faster than most other ethnic groups.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As a note: I think a key thing to remember, and why real people score higher, is that real people are impossible to accurately condense into a three thousand word biography (and that's two or three times as long as most we see here). So, basically, in a very limited space, if the focus is primarily on unrealistic things, that tends to inform the track a character takes, often pushing them along towards less realistic destinations.

That said, I've had buddies who would've scored, like, a three. It's just not super common.
V7:
Library Vee

General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I got 31 for myself.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
When I went through the test, I definitely made some assumptions about my characters. For instance, while I never have a stated number of sexual partners in Virgil's bio, I do have an idea of how sexually active he's been. I tried to make my characters come alive with the questions more than they are actually alive from the bio.

Also, are we allowed to add points for authorial screw ups? I actually have one of those that I'm a bit annoyed by.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

TheDollBreaker
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
TurtleTyrant
May 27 2013, 09:52 AM
Sara-
Is your character usually pale (if it's because they stay inside all the time, that totally counts)? +1 point
Was your character routinely bullied at any point? +2 points
TOTAL: 3
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
V5 Characters:
Spoiler: click to toggle

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
TheDollBreaker
May 27 2013, 04:32 PM
TurtleTyrant
May 27 2013, 09:52 AM
Sara-
Is your character usually pale (if it's because they stay inside all the time, that totally counts)? +1 point
Was your character routinely bullied at any point? +2 points
TOTAL: 3
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
Turtle's Signature

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
BROseidon
May 27 2013, 03:25 PM
When I went through the test, I definitely made some assumptions about my characters. For instance, while I never have a stated number of sexual partners in Virgil's bio, I do have an idea of how sexually active he's been. I tried to make my characters come alive with the questions more than they are actually alive from the bio.
Actually, this is one of the other secret reasons for this: it makes you go, "Man, do they count?" It helps you think more about your character, figure out what applies and what doesn't (for example, I think complexion isn't even something we see in most bios).

As to adding your own, you're free to do whatever you want! I'm not gonna add adjustments, but since there's no scale and no oversight... ;)
V7:
Library Vee

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, I finally got around to doing this on a slow day at work, and I immediately love this much, much more than the other Litmus test.

I got 43 points, total. I'm catching up to you, Delroy!

Brandon Baxter got 30 points, which is totally understandable.

Hansel Williams got a whopping 59 points. Much improved from his -4 of the previous test, considering he's probably one of my more unrealistic concepts.

Thanks for this, MW! I had fun!
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't really feel like doing my kids, so I just did myself.

36 total. The reasons; Asperger, fear of the dark, being a premade player, went to a catholic school when I was younger.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ghost Of Ravenstar
Member Avatar
Armed and Unsafe
[ *  * ]
You know, I bet that there's a strong correlation between the points that handlers get from this test and points the characters they play get. That is to say, handlers who score high points on this test are likely to be playing characters who score high points as well.

Just something interesting that occured to me.
#B051: Gavin Hunter - Equipped with oh gosh a whole lot. "Well, we break for two months and I'm now suddenly in high definition..."

[08:46] Ghost of Ravenstar: I love the AF2011-A1 as it fits Gavin's perceived personality so damn well.
[08:47] Alex: Overcompensatory, unnecessary and appeals to what someone who watches anime obsessively would perceive as "cool?"
[08:47] Ghost of Ravenstar: BINGO!!!

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rosemary- 28
Big point inclusions for dead brother, though I thought getting hit by a car without wearing a helmet was kind of realistic so no points for abnormal death. Also included the bullying, trust issues, and fight in middle school.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
High School!Doc is sitting somewhere in the 90s, I lost track at one point and it's too depressing to go back and do the math again.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Decided to do it out of curiosity.

Kammy: 9
Becca: 11
Cho: 6
Me: 11

I really really thought Becca would get more than that, but I spose other than her basketball she's actually pretty regular.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply