Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Yearbook Scrawlings V5
Topic Started: May 20 2013, 06:29 PM (820 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here is where we take the time to remember the good stuff we liked about V5 pregame now that we are coming to a close. Use the form below to help you out

Code:

[big][u][b]The Basics[/b][/u][/big]

[b]Handler Name:[/b]

[b]Hey Guys! (Your trademark character):[/b]

[b]Where you at? (Current Status of Trademark Character): [/b]

[b]Most Popular (Your favorite character(s) ): [/b]

[b]Best School Hangout (Favorite thread):[/b]

[big][u][b]The Scrawlings[/b][/u][/big]

[b]Class Clown (those who tickled your funny bone):[/b]

[b]Class Sweetheart (Girl and/or Guy known for being a real nice guy/gal): [/b]

[b]Best Dressed: [/b]

[b] Most Likely to be President: [/b]

[b]Most Likely to End up in Jail: [/b]

[b]Most Likely to Succeed:[/b]

[b] Biggest Meanie:[/b]

[b]Class Flirt:[/b]

[b]Most Dramatic:[/b]

[b]Most Unorthodox/Original Character:[/b] Any character that strikes you as highly original or out of the ordinary.

[b]Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: [/b]A character who you feel that you can imagine existing in real life.

[b]Most-likely to win in a Battle Royal (Take an early shot. Who do you think will win?) :[/b]

[big][u][b]Yearbook Quotes[/b][/u][/big]

[b]Which character do you relate to the most?[/b]

[b]Which character do you feel the most for?[/b]

[b]Which character are you cheering on to win SOTF?[/b]

[b]Which character do you think has it coming?[/b]

[b]Quick; Final Four for V5 - who's it gonna be?[/b]

[big][u][b]Margin Scribbles[/b][/u][/big]

[b]Most Emotionally Moving Scene: [/b] Has anything brought a tear to your eyes?

[b]Most Humourous Scene: [/b]Which scene served as the best comic relief?

[b]Most Drama-filled Scene: [/b]Which scene had you on the edge of your seat in the way of conflict, suspense, and drama?

[b]Most Unexpected Scene: [/b] Was there anything that you just did NOT see coming in pregame?

[big][u][b]Talk About Yourself[/b][/u][/big]

[b]What has been your favorite thing to write in V5 Pregame?[/b]

[b]Which of your characters was your favorite to write?[/b]

[b]Which was your favorite thread to participate in?[/b]

[b]What are you proudest of in V5?[/b]

[b]What do you wish you could improve?[/b]

[b]What is your favorite OOC memory?[/b]

[b]What else would you like to share? Anything goes![/b]
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Basics

Handler Name: Espional "Espi/Spy/Esp/Spin"

Hey Guys! (Your trademark character): Uh, I dunno. Theo or Gwen, probably.

Where you at? (Current Status of Trademark Character): The Nether of not being in a thread.

Most Popular (Your favorite character(s) ): I like lots of them, but Steven Salazar and Andi Victorino stand out.

Best School Hangout (Favorite thread): No One Talks About It was really fun to read, too.

The Scrawlings

Class Clown (those who tickled your funny bone): Hmm...Aileen was funny, Andi had a really wry wit I enjoyed.

Class Sweetheart (Girl and/or Guy known for being a real nice guy/gal): Gray Emerson was pretty nice all-around, I feel.

Best Dressed: Miranda Millers.

Most Likely to be President: Paris Ardennes

Most Likely to End up in Jail: Paris Ardennes

Most Likely to Succeed: Well, they're all doomed, but I guess Cassandra Black.

Biggest Meanie: Cody Patton

Class Flirt: Stacy Mortedeskey

Most Dramatic: Aileen Aurora.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Madeleine Wilcox, I guess.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: I'm fond of Michelle Wexler.

Most-likely to win in a Battle Royal (Take an early shot. Who do you think will win?) : Tough to say, but I get a good feeling for Virgil Jefferson-Davis. Just a hunch

Yearbook Quotes

Which character do you relate to the most? Uh...Megan Emerson.

Which character do you feel the most for? Sara Corlett is so moe.

Which character are you cheering on to win SOTF? Andi Victorino or Sven Olsen; c'mon, let a parent go home for once!

Which character do you think has it coming? Hansel Williams, Cody Patton or Veronica Macdonald.

Quick; Final Four for V5 - who's it gonna be? Lana Torres, Summer Simms, Travis Webster, Steven Salazar.

Margin Scribbles

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Eh, not really.

Most Humourous Scene: Metal of Honor.

Most Drama-filled Scene: After the Battle.

Most Unexpected Scene: Uh, none, really. I guess Walk Slow, Talk Slow, Keep Your Head Low caught me off-guard.

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in V5 Pregame? Anything with Gwen in it, or the post in Joy where I summarize all of the Persona 4 game.

Which of your characters was your favorite to write? Gwen.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? Cat Planet x3

What are you proudest of in V5? My improved skill, and my solidification of my writing style.

What do you wish you could improve? I wish I wasn't so threadbare in my posts. They could probably be longer and with more content. I think it's getting better, though.

What is your favorite OOC memory? That'd be playing League with you guys, especially the game where Ricky got 52 kills and backdoored the enemy base.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! Looking forward to writing lots of fun stuff with lots of cool people. This site is like amazing and I hope I can stick around for a good while. Looking forward to V5!
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Basics

Handler Name: Un-Persona (Persy, Unpy, Upa, Upo, Un)

Hey Guys! (Your trademark character): Both

Where you at? (Current Status of Trademark Character): Moving on and watching a movie.

Most Popular (Your favorite character(s)): Naomi Bell

Best School Hangout (Favorite thread): After the Battle

The Scrawlings

Class Clown (those who tickled your funny bone): Joey Caputo & Travis Webster

Class Sweetheart (Girl and/or Guy known for being a real nice guy/gal):Matt Masters & Cassidy Kant

Best Dressed: Logan Cagadon

Most Likely to be President: Miles Strickland

Most Likely to End up in Jail: Adonis Alba

Most Likely to Succeed: Joe Carrasco

Biggest Meanie: Aileen Aurora Abdallah

Class Flirt: Stacy May-Mordetsky

Most Dramatic: Alex Ripley

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Any character that strikes you as highly original or out of the ordinary. Finn Grant

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: A character who you feel that you can imagine existing in real life. Paulo Abbate

Most-likely to win in a Battle Royal (Take an early shot. Who do you think will win?): Paris Ardennes

Yearbook Quotes

Which character do you relate to the most? Francis St. Ledger and Kyran Dean

Which character do you feel the most for? Joe Carrasco

Which character are you cheering on to win SOTF? Ruby Forrester

Which character do you think has it coming? Alda Abbate

Quick; Final Four for V5 - who's it gonna be? Travis Webster, Paris Ardennes, Ruby Forrester, Naomi Bell

Margin Scribbles

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Has anything brought a tear to your eyes? Not yet.

Most Humourous Scene: Which scene served as the best comic relief? ...And Then They Poked at Cushions.

Most Drama-filled Scene: Which scene had you on the edge of your seat in the way of conflict, suspense, and drama? A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks

Most Unexpected Scene: Was there anything that you just did NOT see coming in pregame? Whatever

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in V5 Pregame? I'm just glad I've been a part of this.

Which of your characters was your favorite to write? I haven't written much with either of them so it's hard to say.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? Mmm...either of the ones in the past were fun.

What are you proudest of in V5? Being a part of it.

What do you wish you could improve? Everything. But mostly trying not to forget to write words my hands and brain don't find important, like "the" or "his".

What is your favorite OOC memory? Mafia and Chat.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! I like writing a lot more because of you guys.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Basics

Handler Name: Laurels

Hey Guys! (Your trademark character): I think people tend to associate me with Claire Monaghan, so her.

Where you at? (Current Status of Trademark Character): She's watching the Newspaper Room cat fight that is No One Talks About It..

Most Popular (Your favorite character(s) ): Oh, this is hard. I don't think I can have one favorite of the whole bunch. My top picks would probably be Paris Ardennes, Adam Morgan, Gray Emerson, Paulo Abbate, Alex Ripley, and Naomi Bell

Best School Hangout (Favorite thread): Favorite thread I was in? Whatever. Favorite thread besides that? This. Means. War. No one should ever draw dicks on Naomi's work.

The Scrawlings

Class Clown (those who tickled your funny bone): I think just about every Paulo Abbate post had something for me to laugh at. Especially when they were things directed at Rachael.

Class Sweetheart (Girl and/or Guy known for being a real nice guy/gal): Cassidy Kant and Matt Masters are total sweethearts. They really belong together.

Best Dressed: Miranda Millers, as Kami's fashion research has created a pretty cute looking starting outfit.

Most Likely to be President: Naomi Bell could alter world history while sitting in the Oval Office in a Saks Fifth Avenue pantsuit.

Most Likely to End up in Jail: Several. Travis Webster should have probably been busted for possession by now. I feel like Aileen Abdallah is someone who would smash a beer bottle against someone's face in a bar fight and would have to be tazered by the cops.

Most Likely to Succeed: Probably Naomi Bell.

Biggest Meanie: Adonis Alba can go fuck himself. I would seriously loathe someone like him in high school.

Class Flirt: Well, Adonis Alba did flirt at one of my own characters, but I have to say Gavin Hunter. He flirted with so many women in his pregame that I should just envision him in all of his threads wearing an open silk shirt and gold chains.

Most Dramatic: Holy hell, Aileen Abdallah. Chill the fuck out.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Any character that strikes you as highly original or out of the ordinary. I don't believe I've ever met anyone like Paris Ardennes. But then again, I probably have, and just never realized it.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: A character who you feel that you can imagine existing in real life. Kyran Dean carried an attitude I definitely recognized.

Most-likely to win in a Battle Royale (Take an early shot. Who do you think will win?) : Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Michelle Wexler. I'm probably going to be very, very wrong.

Yearbook Quotes

Which character do you relate to the most? The closest I can think of would maybe be a bit of Kyran Dean and Gray Emerson. I'm not so sure.

Which character do you feel the most for? Probably Kam So'oialo, if only because her home life is something that breaks my heart.

Which character are you cheering on to win SOTF? I don't have any general character to win, but I would like the winner to be someone who does right by their fellow man and never loses their humanity in the process.

Which character do you think has it coming? Well, this feels sort of cruel considering most of my answers are just high school evil, but really any person who chooses to play and/or enjoys it too much.

Quick; Final Four for V5 - who's it gonna be? Paris Ardennes, Adam Morgan, Andi Victorino, and Amy Bachelor.

Margin Scribbles

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Has anything brought a tear to your eyes? No tears yet (I do want to be brought to tears though. I love being made to feel strongly for things).

Most Humourous Scene: Which scene served as the best comic relief? Most of Paulo's threads, along with any time Joe Carrasco got stoned or worried.

Most Drama-filled Scene: Which scene had you on the edge of your seat in the way of conflict, suspense, and drama? Whatever was such a fun thread to be in, and I really enjoyed what everyone did in that thread.

Most Unexpected Scene: Was there anything that you just did NOT see coming in pregame? I did not expect there to be such huge spats in the Newspaper Room, the Gazebos, and Runway. These kids need to chill out.

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in V5 Pregame? My closest guess would be The Short Filmography of Claire Emilia Monaghan, if only because I've taken the essence of that thread (Claire talks to her sister about ideas she has for a movie) and reworked it for a Spanish paper and a submission to my literary journal. It was something that felt very natural to write, and I just love writing with Claire. Plus, the conversation she has was something I could easily rewrite for different scenarios.

Which of your characters was your favorite to write? Claire was probably the easiest to write for, and I definitely thought her posts really made me think about all the things she could possibly say.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? I have to do this by character. For Rachael, it was probably Whatever. Claire's was probably Little Talks. I'd choose The Labyrinth for Sophie, if only because I had fun making her run into the walls.

What are you proudest of in V5? I guess any time I made someone happy with what I wrote. I love to write, and I love to see people feel something for what I write.

What do you wish you could improve? I wish I didn't have so many freshman mistakes when pregame started. Other than that, I feel like I should have tried to plan a lot more serious relationships and then tried to develop them.

What is your favorite OOC memory? Any type of chat shenanigans. We're all very strange people, and I love each and every one of you for it.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! V5 is approaching. Handlers, start your engines, and may the best student win!
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Basics

Handler Name:

Hey Guys! (Your trademark character): I'm going to say Joey. I think he's my most unique character.

Where you at? (Current Status of Trademark Character): He's bugging out at his own party in the past rubbing the fuzzy armchair to keep calm. I wrote that scene before seeing Get em to the Greek, I'll have you all know.

Most Popular (Your favorite character(s) ): I love reading Travis and Claire because they are fun, interesting, and I love the way their handlers write for them.

Best School Hangout (Favorite thread): Set Lasers to Fun is just fun. There's no storyline, it'st just good old fashioned improvised role playing, and the characters in it are great.

The Scrawlings

Class Clown: Because she is so realistically awkward and makes me feel bad for her while also making me smile, Mallory McCormick

Class Sweetheart: I do not know if you're familiar with Matt Masters

Best Dressed: Mara Montalvo

Most Likely to be President: Naomi Bell, or at least she'll die trying.

Most Likely to End up in Jail: Travis Webster, I believe he actually has a cell on hold.

Most Likely to Succeed: A personality like Claire Monoghan doesn't stay undiscovered for very long.

Biggest Meanie: Death to Adonis Alba

Class Flirt: Paris Ardennes knows how to charm.

Most Dramatic: I cannot, FOR MY LIFE, read Finn Grant without picturing him as a grown up Jimmy from Ed Edd and Eddy.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Mallory again. She embraces her awkward as a part of herself rather than trying to hide it or getting flustered by it. She's confident in her own way, and that is very unique.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Kyran Dean, and that really says something considering all of the SI's

Most-likely to win in a Battle Royal: Adam Morgan I mean, just look at his interests. "Self-taught grappling/backyard UFC, paintball, hard rock, psychology, gymnastics, smoking." He fights, he can shoot, he's got energy, he understands how people thinkg, he's a GYMNAST (people way underestimate the intensity of this sport) and he's a badass. He's the ideal killer, he just hasn't realized it yet.

Yearbook Quotes

Which character do you relate to the most? Honestly, none so far. If you put my characters in a blender, probably that.

Which character do you feel the most for? Bianca Howard, I am not going to make being Jaq's best friend an easy time for you.

Which character are you cheering on to win SOTF? I'll need to see motives first. I know those of my own characters, but I don't think I have connected deeply enough with enough other characters to find ones I want to win that I also think might try to win.

Which character do you think has it coming? Mara Montalvo

Quick; Final Four for V5 - who's it gonna be? Mallory McCormick always finds herself in uncomfortable situations, she'll be there and it'll be over before she realizes it's started. Adam Morgan will have realized his true potential at this point. Naomi Bell will have politic'd her way into having exhausted all of her human shields, and now have to fight for herself. Bianca Howard too, because somebody needs to be protected by her boyfriend, who dies, forcing her to take care of herself. And who better than the queen herself?

Margin Scribbles

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: A flash of a young, sad, even tender Travis can be seen ever so brieflyIf You Ain't Gettin' Drunk, Get the Fu- when he's upset by the mention of parents.

Most Humourous Scene: Probably the same. R.J. and Mallory.

Most Drama-filled Scene: INTRODUCING..... even though nothing exciting happens. It's just the great energy around Claire's character, which I envy of her.

Most Unexpected Scene: A long time ago, Life is like a Broken Record

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in V5 Pregame? I'm still adapting from independent writing to cooperative role play. I have files save on my computer of paragraphs I may include in game.

Which of your characters was your favorite to write? Joey's been fun. Jaq too because she's independent. Cassidy is very passive.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? I have several more threads planned, don't make me choose yet.

What are you proudest of in V5? Growth as a writer.

What do you wish you could improve? My old posts are awful. I wish I was more assertive in my story progression of threads, but was always too afraid to take it in a direction nobody else wanted. I now see that this is the whole idea of role playing.

What is your favorite OOC memory? Haven't been on chat much. Briefly popped in a few times after coming home drunk just cause I was bored. Lately, there haven't been many OOC SOTF moments on here, unfortunately.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! Flop.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hílo.

Sooooo, two things. Uno, I tried not to double up. It was hard, but I gave it my best shot.

Dos, none of these contain links. I shall remedy that when it is not 2:46 AM.

K? K. Letís do this.

The Basics

Handler Name: NotAFlyingToy

Hey Guys! (Your trademark character): Uhh... Hansel, I guess. Between my two characters, he seems to be the one who garners the most attention at this point.

Where you at? (Current Status of Trademark Character): Just finished a heated argument with Garrett Wilde in Walk slow, talk slow, keep yer head low.

Most Popular (Your favorite character(s) ): From where I sit, this is absolutely no contest. So Iím going to start by saying my two runner ups. The first runner-up would have to be Ruggahissyís Mara. Now, Maraís a character that I think a lot of people look at, write off as a Ďbitchí or as Ďmeaní, and then move onward. What I like most about her, though, is that sheís a high school student, through and through. She has people that she likes, and she has people that she doesnít like. Sheís definitely not two faced about how she feels about someone, and she sticks to her guns. Realistically portrayed, and absolutely awesomely written.

The second runner up would have to be Garrett Wilde, by DocBalance (<3). I know that he hasnít been in too many threads (at this writing, heís been in two, with a third currently in the works) but heís written with the assured confidence of a handler who knows his character. Garrett is almost apologetically intelligent and incredibly sympathetic, to the point of knowing that his intelligence and his ability to debate will debilitate, and still pushing onwards. He strikes me as a man who canít help but use long, big words in casual speech and knows it. Most refreshingly, he isnít doing it to one-up or show off that big olí brain of his. Heís simply incredibly intelligent.

But hands down my favourite character of Pregame is Andi Victorino, by our own lovely Mimi. Maybe itís my own experiences clouding my judgement, but I love many major things about Andi, and each of them have me rooting for her 100% in both pregame and V5 proper. The first, the teen pregnancy aspect. Now, weíre not going to talk a lot about this because there has been moms (and one soon-to-be mommy) on the island before. Where Andi differs is that it isnít just a sympathy plea, and sheís not a perfect parent. She has to deal with the fact that she canít have as much fun in public with Fiona, and she has to consciously balance the slightly immature teenager who complains loudly about her boyfriend with the forced maturity of a mother raising a child. There is absolutely nothing about Andi that feels off or fake to me, which is so hard to pull off with this concept. Go, Mimi!

Best School Hangout (Favorite thread): What Iíve done? Definitely ďWalk slow, talk slow, keep yer head lowĒ with the absolutely fantastic DocBalance. Iíll let you guys read it if youíre interested, wonít go into any detail.

Outside of my own involvements, Iíd say Three Peaches, largely because itís two awesome writers (you know that when Mimi and MurderWeasel get together, sparks) but you get to see a softer side of Andi, a slightly vulnerable one that Susan can support. Itís the meeting of a girl who is allowed to drop the somewhat leathery exterior sheís been carrying around to put herself above the barbs of her classmates and a genuinely supportive friend, who wants Andi to lean on her.

I also hate this thread because it isnít done yet and you two need to FINISH it! >:(

The Scrawlings

Class Clown (those who tickled your funny bone): Paulo Abbate. Outfoxd has a wonderful sense of humour, and you can just tell from Pauloís posts that he loved to display it openly and affectionately. I havenít read all of Pauloís stuff (and you can expect a longer paragraph when/if I do) but what I have read is aces.

Class Sweetheart (Girl and/or Guy known for being a real nice guy/gal): Ohhh snap. This oneís a toughie, but Iím going to give it to Madeline Wilcox by TurtleTyrant for having so many gentle bones in her body. She likes studying and having sweet conversations with people that just paint her as this careful, put together, cuddly character. I think Turtle did a fantastic job on this one.

Best Dressed: Michelle Wexlerís racing bathing suit, that she so proudly wears wherever she gets a chance. At a football game, to a gazebo. I like the choices Ruggahissy made in getting her in random places wearing odd outfits - C is for Cookie and the girl scouts outfit? A highlight.

Most Likely to be President: Definitely, definitely, Naomi Bell by Violent Medic. And now Iíll try to talk about her a little bit! Naomiís got the entire candidacy for school president locked up tight, but what I think shines most about her character is how sheís kind of a bitch behind closed doors. Her opinion on others shines through in her narrative, and Violent_Medic does a fantastic job of letting readers know whatís truly shining through in her actions and decisions. Sheís somewhat cold-hearted, very aware of her public standing, and shows signs of borderline ruthlessness that I think gets the job done well.

Most Likely to End up in Jail: Travis Webster, by Delroy, because the education system tells me that heíll eventually fall down a spiralling hole of scum and villainy. But no. Heíll probably be busted for posession at some point or another if he keeps on trucking the way he is. I havenít really read too far into Travis beyond seeing him now and again, but I will most definitely look into him as V5 approaches.

Most Likely to Succeed: Max Sawyer, by The Burned Handler. I know that he hasnít had any threads yet, but he pretty much has no choice but to succeed, considering heís headed to a good school and has rich parents whoíll back him. Heís also a bit of a snit, and Iím looking forward to expounding upon his relationship with my characters come V5.

Biggest Meanie: For this, Iím looking at BROseidonís character - none other than Cassandra Black. Like Travis, Iíve only read one real thread where Cassandra was a major factor - the fantastic After the Battle - but Cassandra comes across as vicious in it. BROSeidon has a wonderful working of the characterís thought patterns, and none of it felt forced, fake, or otherwise wrong upon reading. Iím going to keep a close eye on her when it comes for V5, because when Cassandra has an opportunity to feel vindictive, look out.

Class Flirt: Gavin fuckiní Hunter, by Ghost of Ravenstar. I love Gavin in a way that only I can love. Seeing Michelle Wexlerís reaction to him and Joe Carrascoís bailing from the situation in Itís Traditional To Sleep In Gazeboes was a fuckiní riot, as well as him pulling the same thing on Maddie Wilcox in A Breath of Fresh Air. It culminates with him Ďfixingí an iPod at the mall. All of it was fairly comedic, but from an ďoutside looking inĒ perspective.

Heís well written, and heís got some interesting stuff going on in his interior monologue, too, that often makes me chuckle. All around fun read.

Most Dramatic: Hmmm. This oneís somewhat of a toughy, because I donít want to constitute ďmost dramaticĒ as a bad trait by any sense of the imagination. As far as Ďmost likely to fly off the handle,í however, Iím going to have to sick to the safe vote and go Aileen Abdallah by Bikriki. I love Aileen because sheís a huge, in-your-face catty person and loves to explode all over people. Iíve regrettably not read too much of her - sheís actually next on my list after posting this - but what I have read strikes me as the high-flying dramatics that would nestle neatly into this category.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Hmm. Iím going with Michael Mitchellson on this one (played by dmboogie), and not solely because heís deaf. Itís what dmboogie takes from the fact that Michaelís deaf and what he chooses to run with. Rather than have the deafness be something that the audience can sympathise with and be an easy plea for attention, boogie instead works it so that Michael is incredibly optimistic, upbeat, spunky, and witty as all get out. The combination is a fascinating one, because while it doesnít avoid the issue of Michaelís deafness, it also doesnít slap you with the fact that he has a disability. The result is a well written, unusual character who I enjoy reading a lot.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Gah. Iím really trying not to do doubles, here. Fortunately, I can cop out and use my MurderWeasel card.

I call it that because all of MurderWeaselís characters are incredibly grounded and realistically played from where Iím sitting, and theyíve been that way since I read his V4 stuff. They all have a subtle niche in high school society, personalities that are tempered and smoothed by experiences, and ways of approaching situations that all add up to be a breathtakingly refreshing package. Of these, Iím going to say Steven is the standout for me.

Most-likely to win in a Battle Royal (Take an early shot. Who do you think will win?) : I can tell you who I hope will win, but I already answered most of this in the Favourite Character section. Most likely to win, if I were to take a shot, would probably be Mike Eastmund. Heís a heavyweight boxer, level headed, and is able to function without a lot of social stimulus. Heís also probably the one dude that I would never want to fuck with in a dark alleyway, due to his mean right hook. I see him as a survivor, but weíll have to see when the bell tolls.

Yearbook Quotes

Which character do you relate to the most? If my own have to be barred, then probably Joe Carrasco (Another Violent Medic kid!) to some degree. I like his awkward shyness and his hiding drug use from his parents. Cody Patton by MK Kilmarnock, too - I identify with the jerk-jock side of him more than I should probably admit.

Which character do you feel the most for? Ugh. Well, I almost made it through. I almost made it down the list without doubling. Hohwell.

Andi Victorino. Why? Because she has a lot going for her. I know that Mimi hasnít gone into too much explicit detail about the details of Fionaís life (instead sticking to subtler references of ostracism and impact on social life) but I canít help but picture her home life, the struggle sheís going to face as Fiona grows older, and the hardship of being forced to mature so quickly. And thatís BEFORE she gets to the island. So yeah, Andi by a mile on this one.

Which character are you cheering on to win SOTF? Fuck, man. I donít know. I want Summer Simms (Mimi) to win, because I donít want such an interesting girl - who just wants to be loved so badly - to die. But thatís also kind of wishing death upon her - or much worse - because of all the shit she has to go through to get there. Thatís as good an answer as Iím going to get at this point, though.

Which character do you think has it coming? I kind of hate this question. Partially because some of me is like ďthey all get the same punishmentĒ but mostly because itís forcing me to double up again. Iím going to say Aileen Abdallah, because that woman be cray-cray.

Quick; Final Four for V5 - who's it gonna be? Mike Eastlund (TBH has to win one of these days), Paris Ardennes, Lydia Robbins, and Cody Patton.

Margin Scribbles

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Ah, see. Nothing has really brought a tear to my eye as of pregame. I will edit the shit out of this during my readings if this changes, though.

Most Humourous Scene: Itís Traditional to sleep in Gazebos. BAR. NONE.

Most Drama-filled Scene: After the Battle, because it seemed like one or all of those characters were ready and waiting to snap at any moment.

Most Unexpected Scene: Sorry, copping out again, but Joe going WAY out of his way to escape the awkward zone in Itís Traditional.

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in V5 Pregame? Probably the aftermath of Hansel punching Garrett in Walk slow, talk slow. It allowed me to get into Hanselís head as more than just a shallow character who hates gay people and stuff.

Which of your characters was your favorite to write? Brandon Baxter. I resonate a lot clearer with him than Hansel, though Hanselís getting there. Baxterís childís play.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? Iím going to say Power, just for the sheer fact that Rugga, The Burned Handler, and MK Kilmarnock decided to join in. Seeing four different writing styles really sticks with me.

What are you proudest of in V5? Iím proudest of my relationship thread. Because a fair amount of work went into it, and seeing people eager to work out character development with me made me smile.

What do you wish you could improve? I know I tend to be way overly positive on the criticsm scale of things. Iíd like to find a way to state good and bad of situations and threads, and do it in a way that doesnít make me feel like a jerk for doing it.

What is your favorite OOC memory? Recently, Pyrce High games have been a blast. But if that doesnít count? Iíd say the first time I truly felt welcomed Ďinto the foldí as it were. People on chat and on the boards have been really nice and friendly to a rookie looking to make a name in the SotF game.

Also Mafia. Mafia and Pyrce High. Apparently I like murder.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! Guys, Iíve been reading SotF since V3 ended, off and on. Iíve watched from afar as Kimberly clawed her way to victory, Ivan mourned Tabi, and Maxwell got shot off of a cliff. And now that Iíve got two characters on the way to the island, Iím super, mega pumped and happy that Iím going to share in the ride.

Bye bye, Pregame. Let the real ride commence!
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Mimi
Member Avatar
are you upset?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Basics

Handler Name: Mimi!

Hey Guys! (Your trademark character): I try not to pick favorites, so all of them, I suppose?

Where you at? (Current Status of Trademark Character): Andi's getting personal, Sven is getting gay, and Summer's getting.. shoppy?

Most Popular (Your favorite character(s) ): Oh jeez, so many. I was super attached to both Susan Clarke and Chuck Soileau, but going into the island I'm really digging Paris Ardennes, Iselle Ovalle-Vandermeer, and Gray Emerson just to name a few!

Best School Hangout (Favorite thread): Vidal Sasson, because of how much of Mara's personality shines and how much it brings to light so many of her insecurities.

The Scrawlings

Class Clown (those who tickled your funny bone): Cooper Komorowski with his ill fated flirting and his loving relationship with future wife Scarlett Johansson.

Class Sweetheart (Girl and/or Guy known for being a real nice guy/gal): Michelle Wexler is the sweetest angel to walk the planet, even when faced with the creepiest of creeps.

Best Dressed: Phoebe Cho. I would be a happy girl if Fairy dressed me.

Most Likely to be President: Naomi Bell's already hit one stop on the destination to presidency.

Most Likely to End up in Jail: Probably Travis Webster, possibly for drug dealing or buying hookers. Or both.

Most Likely to Succeed: Probably Kyran Dean. He can afford success.

Biggest Meanie: Paulo Abbate's kind've a dick.

Class Flirt: BRANDON BAXTER: SLUT.

Most Dramatic: Oh dear, so many. I'll go with Cassandra Black, though, for her major breakdown.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Lana Torres, the big butchy burly girl who lifts weights with the guys! It's really interesting to see!

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Aww, my sweet Gwen O'Connors! I'd love to know her in real life!

Most-likely to win in a Battle Royal (Take an early shot. Who do you think will win?) : Paris Ardennes would manipulate his way to the end somehow.

Yearbook Quotes

Which character do you relate to the most? Susan Clarke in all her mischievous, fly by the seat of her pants glory. She doesn't really have a plan for her life and would rather enjoy it while she can!

Which character do you feel the most for? Joe Carrasco, I suppose. That boy can not pull it together.

Which character are you cheering on to win SOTF? I'm not sure, actually! I think a lot of storylines of the characters I enjoy would end better with them dying, but I might also just love a tragedy.

Which character do you think has it coming? Stacey May Mordetsky is sort've asking for it by being a bitch all over the place.

Quick; Final Four for V5 - who's it gonna be? Iselle Ovalle-Vandeermer, Kathryn Nguyen, Alda Abbate, Lauren Rower. SOFTBALL GIRL FINALE FOR THE DRAMAS.

Margin Scribbles

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Nothing has been terribly sad as of yet!

Most Humourous Scene: Oh, It's Traditional To Sleep in Gazebos with Gavin Hunter and Michelle Wexler for sure.

Most Drama-filled Scene: Walk Slow, Talk Slow, Keep Yer Head Low has been pretty intense. You can almost taste the anger from both Hansel and Garrett

Most Unexpected Scene: I'm not sure off the top of my head really! Pregame's always surprising me with threads that I personally wouldn't ever think of c:

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in V5 Pregame? Andi and Susan's park chit chat! I always love doing just chill threads that expose a characters friendships!

Which of your characters was your favorite to write? While I love Andi and she lets be be a dick sometimes, Summer makes me thing the most and challenges me the most, so probably her!

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? Three Peaches

What are you proudest of in V5? I suppose the reception Andi in particular is getting? I didn't expect people to be so verbal about liking her and it really warms my heart ;~;

What do you wish you could improve? Both my speed and consistency with posting, as well as my wording and character development!

What is your favorite OOC memory? RUPAUL DRAG RACE MOVIE NIGHT.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! I could not for the life of my tell you which presidents are on any of the U.S currencies.

Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image

I◄◄

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Basics

Handler Name: MurderWeasel

Hey Guys! (Your trademark character): Man, I'm just not feeling inspired enough to figure out if the jokes I was gonna put here are funny or obnoxious, so I'm gonna assume the latter and give a straight answer: I don't really have one.

Where you at? (Current Status of Trademark Character): All over the place, but mostly between threads. I think Steven's my only kid who's gonna end up in the game who is in a thread, and he's in the journalism room.

Most Popular (Your favorite character(s) ): Ooh, quite a few. I love Mimi's Andi a lot, and also Summer. I'm quite fond of Paris Ardennes, too, and Gray Emerson. Francis St. Ledger I consistently enjoy. There are more, but I'm gonna stop there to avoid rambling at too great length.

Best School Hangout (Favorite thread): No Waiting On Checkstand Three. I am very sad Laz does not plan to write Laz in V5. He's another character I like a lot, and man, now that I work in a grocery store too, I really feel this thread.

The Scrawlings

Class Clown (those who tickled your funny bone): Paulo and Cooper are both hilarious, but I'm gonna grab an underdog and say Chuck Soileau has been a blast and a half to read.

Class Sweetheart (Girl and/or Guy known for being a real nice guy/gal): Michelle is super nice. Summer tries really hard to make sure everyone likes her.

Best Dressed: Gavin Hunter. Leather trench coats are a beast to get to look good (trust me on this one), but can be quite striking. Plus I like trench coats in general.

Most Likely to be President: Miles Strickland. He's got the charisma, and unlike Naomi he often comes off as a lot more genuine in his dealings, which I think would help him get further in politics.

Most Likely to End up in Jail: Alba, I think. He's got temper issues, and while he can often hold himself in check, it only takes one screw-up in the real world to land you in hot water. Travis is in pretty good shape if he can avoid getting busted for like six months, since Washington has eased up restrictions on/partially legalized pot.

Most Likely to Succeed: Summer's got ambition and a way with people, while avoiding the sort of alienation so common to kids with an excess of drive.

Biggest Meanie: Veronica comes into every situation ready to make people's lives unpleasant.

Class Flirt: Gavin and Paris can duel for it.

Most Dramatic: Joe Carrasco. Between his overbearing father and his choice of friends, his life is a constant stream of disasters.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Leona Van Camp has some hobbies that we don't see often, and they've been well-represented thus far. She gets a nod for the good type of original.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Gray Emerson rings quite true to me, especially in his surprising depth of character.

Most-likely to win in a Battle Royal (Take an early shot. Who do you think will win?) : My sources say Rose Matheson.

Yearbook Quotes

Which character do you relate to the most? Hmm... I get Gray and Summer, where they're coming from. Summer especially reminds me a bit of me in high school, though manifested in different ways. I also can often relate to RJ.

Which character do you feel the most for? I'm quite sympathetic towards Maddie, because she's had a rough time in some ways but hasn't let it get her down too badly, but has some personal flaws all the same.

Which character are you cheering on to win SOTF? I'd love to see Andi take it, or maybe Iselle. That said, there are boatloads of characters who I've not gotten a feel for yet (mostly those with little to no pregame) so I'm excited to see who gets to shine on the island.

Which character do you think has it coming? Veronica and Aileen basically make their own trouble wherever they go; that's gonna bite 'em for sure.

Quick; Final Four for V5 - who's it gonna be? Mara Montalvo, Timothy Abrams, Aria Samuels, and RJ. The RNG has spoken.

Margin Scribbles

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: I'm going to cheat here and pick Rebecca Kiesling's profile. She's had some real challenges in her backstory, and that it's pretty mundane stuff actually increases my sympathy towards her.

Most Humourous Scene: Just three dudes, hanging out.

Most Drama-filled Scene: Oaris' and Naomi's disastrous date.

Most Unexpected Scene: Cassandra chilling out on Prom night. I always like getting a bit more depth to characters, and seeing another side of Cassandra took me by (pleasant) surprise.

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in V5 Pregame? No idea. It's all been a blast. Actually, I'm gonna say Adam's profile, since it's the most fun I've had writing a profile in a while.

Which of your characters was your favorite to write? Probably Susan. I've had fun with 'em all, though.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? I think After Practice, but I'm a sucker for quiet threads.

What are you proudest of in V5? A big, huge, ugly monster of a worry was that, after V4, things would be boring or samey or otherwise tough for me to engage with. Lots of handlers, especially those who have a big impact on a version, are left with this big "What next?" afterwards, because they've already done so much that anything else feels like a step back. I was really nervous that I just would not get into V5, but I'm actually having just as much fun of V4, and I don't hate my writing, so I'm pretty proud of that.

Either that, or actually picking songs for some of my characters before the end of V5, which puts me a good deal ahead of V4.

What do you wish you could improve? About eight, ten months ago, I hit a point where work and school applications and pregame and Mini and reading and staff stuff all sort of was bearing down on me, and I felt like I had to decide whether I'd keep up with staff responsibilities or being a really active pregame participant. I picked staff stuff. I wish I'd been able to cram in a little more pregame, though, especially since a lot of this has been personal/mental/focus issues rather than solely a lack of time.

What is your favorite OOC memory? Oh, far too many to pick just one. Whenever chat's actually talking SOTF, though, I totally love it. Also, meeting all the cool new people who've joined since the end of V4. I love watching the site grow in positive directions.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! I had a really good zinger thought up for this section, but now it's late and I can't remember it at all. Maybe I'll edit it in later if I figure out what it was.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder drawn by Ryuki

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I haven't read as much of pregame as I'd like, but I'm going to give this a try

The Basics

Handler Name: Ruggahissy

Hey Guys! (Your trademark character): I love all my children equally. (I don't care much for GOB)

Where you at? (Current Status of Trademark Character): Paris is being not-gay in a coffee shop, Michelle is hanging out in her bathing suit, Mara is yelling in the newspaper room.

Most Popular (Your favorite character(s) ): Daw, I can't pick cause they're all so different.

Best School Hangout (Favorite thread): Ummmmm hmmmm Three Peaches. So cute. It makes me feel really warm and fuzzy. Damn you for not entering Susan, Toben.

The Scrawlings

Class Clown (those who tickled your funny bone): It has to be Gavin Hunter. He makes me laugh.

Class Sweetheart (Girl and/or Guy known for being a real nice guy/gal): Yaz Carrol is pretty nice. She even seems to go along with whatever weirdness approaches.

Best Dressed: Miranda Millers. I like retro

Most Likely to be President: Naomi Bell

Most Likely to End up in Jail: ....Adonis Alba is not good with people.

Most Likely to Succeed: I'll say Summer because she wants it so badly.

Biggest Meanie: Veronica McDonald

Class Flirt: Run off between Stacy Mordetsky and Gavin Hunter. Never stop being you, bud.

Most Dramatic: Cassandra Black and Aileen Abdallah can fight for it.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Any character that strikes you as highly original or out of the ordinary. Michael Mitchellson. I must have a thing for kids who can't speak. However, he's got a personality that's really different too. It's like, he thinks he's the coolest cat in the world even when doing incredibly dorky things. He's like a much more likable Jimmy, who happens to not be able to speak. I love this kid, go read him.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: A character who you feel that you can imagine existing in real life. I'll say Gray Emerson. I read him and I smile because he says things that sound like what I'd say in the situation.

Most-likely to win in a Battle Royal (Take an early shot. Who do you think will win?) : I fail because I can't think who even though I made these questions : (

Yearbook Quotes

Which character do you relate to the most? Aw fuck. Kryan maybe. He's pretty relaxed about things.

Which character do you feel the most for? Paulo. His sister is a bitch and he has daddy issues and his mother resents him for being so much like his father and he acts like a jerk to deflect so people don't generally get along with him outside of fighting. Kid's got it rough.

Which character are you cheering on to win SOTF? Andi so that Fiona doesn't become girl Batman

Which character do you think has it coming? I don't like this question much because pretty much everyone's not done more than be a brat.

Quick; Final Four for V5 - who's it gonna be? Aileen, Andi, Michael Mitchlleson, Gwen O'Conner

Margin Scribbles

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Has anything brought a tear to your eyes? I think Three Peaches

Most Humourous Scene: Which scene served as the best comic relief? I generally don't say things that I'm in or helped write but I have to say It's Traditional to Nap in Gazeebos.

Most Drama-filled Scene: Which scene had you on the edge of your seat in the way of conflict, suspense, and drama? Walk Slow, Talk Slow, Keep Your Head Low. It was really tense, but it reminded me of people I know and the ending was equally uneasy, even with an apology. Second to After the Battle.

Most Unexpected Scene: Was there anything that you just did NOT see coming in pregame? Whatever (the thread, I'm not blowing this question off : ( )

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in V5 Pregame? That's really hard. I think my weird, confusing one shot from the perspective of NPC Beatrice. Sorry to whoever I confused by not revealing which of my characters that was about until the last sentence!

Which of your characters was your favorite to write? I hate to admit it, but Paris. He is the most morally bankrupt character I've ever written and yet, he's the most fun.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? Scarlet Darlings. Too bad it became a pileup, but it was fun while it was functional.

What are you proudest of in V5? Not being yelled at by anyone for subpar work I guess.

What do you wish you could improve? I refuse to proofread my own writing. I should learn to.

What is your favorite OOC memory? Spiderman meme with Dom and Drag race with the girls (and Laurels?)

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! That's all I've got.
things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply