Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
(◡‿◡✿) Friends?
Topic Started: May 16 2013, 02:39 PM (566 Views)
Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay so apparently I already had a thread going like a year ago but I skipped out on Pregame completely and I disliked my previous concepts so I threw them all out and made one with a last minute spark of inspiration so that's why I only have one character now. Plus, Dolores would never get accepted in a million years so it's just as well.

I am so so sorry, I'd love to give you guys all of the pregame planning but I have to limit myself, I am on a relationship diet. I seriously wasn't planning on playing in V5 at all, so this works doesn't it? Doesn't it...?

Ami Flynn is a sweet girl. She's lived in Seattle all her life and her family has been a fixture in the community for generations. She's a quiet, thoughtful girl, though she has a habit of thinking a tad too far into things. She's a very logical girl and she doesn't do so well with gut instinct. She is incredibly smart, she's bilingual (Ukrainian!) and she's really good at Mathematics and English. Ami is also a poet, loves classical music and hates exercising...

She's a perfectly normal girl. She just happened to grow up in a funeral home. The Flynn Funeral Home to be exac. It didn't make her into a weirdo, though she's super paranoid about telling people because gosh what will people think? The worst thing that it's made her slightly numb to death since, well, Funeral Home, you see dead people all the time.

The young Flynn is a quiet girl but she isn't a loner! She knows lots of people and of course she has a few friends. She tends to worry about whether she's the weakest link so she tends to invite herself to parties. She's a Catholic, not as devote as her parents but a few of their conservative values have rubbed off on her.

Ami need lots of friends cuz she's a super awkward social butterfly! A crush would be okay but a non-pursued/unrequited crush would be preferable. She's way too worried about other things to think about getting a boyfriend (or girlfriend but don't tell her parents, shhhh....) and she's more the type to trip over her own feet and flush violently than to, you know, confess.

Ami isn't a very hateful person so she wouldn't have too many enemies. Her quiet nature will surely make people think that she's uppidy, so if you want to go that route you can! Bonus points if your character thinks she's very weird simply because her parents run a funeral parlor.

What I want specifically is like a couple characters, not too many, who had to attend services held at her family's Funeral Home, so they've at least seen Ami in her element. If it's someone she aught to know from school, like your character's sibling/cousin/best friend, that would be great too. I really think that would be a interesting relationship to play out but it's more of a 'want' than a 'need'. The funeral parlor is only one facet of her character after all.

so this is why you should totally make frands with Ami, so go make frands with her or I'll find you (ʘ ‿ ʘ✿)
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Naft: Awesome! Brandon sounds like the type of guy Ami would get along with! I think she would find his bully act in bad taste but she'd likely just shrug it off. His habit of getting very emotional is bound to clash with Ami's logical demeanor, so I would love to see what comes of this!

Unfortunately, I don't see any way she could be friends with Hansel. His bullheadedness will clash with Ami's demeanor and not in a very "friendly" sort of way. She'll probably stay far away from him... So let's play that out and see where that goes!
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This post has been sitting on my desktop for a day or two, sorry guys. D:

Medic: Mallory would find a very good friend in Ami! It would definitely work, from what I've read of Mallory (yes I did check out a few of her pregame threads, ha ha). There aught to be an Odd Couple situation between them, since they are awfully different, with Mallory coming from a home with money problems, while Ami has been given plenty of opportunity. I don't think that they would clash though, Ami's agreeable enough. Unless Mallory goes and does something really dumb then Ami will be really mad because she worries about her friends! :(

Ami could also know Joe, but like you said it'll only be in passing. Ami's sociable enough but I can't see her sticking her neck out too far.

Sansa: Maynard would definitely be close friends with her. Ami is a sucker for poetry, so I'm think they could have met through a reading? Something along those lines. Anyway, Ami will have a lot to talk about with Maynard. She might even help him with his math homework! She gets kinda smug about it actually.

Also, Ami has no one to talk to about Ukrainian, apart from her mom, so she would be all too willing to gab about it! If Bella shows an interest, Ami will stick to her like glue.

CondorTalon: Yukiko's concise way of speaking won't put Ami off from making friends with her. Ami will be curious about the japanese culture at the very least so she would certainly pry her about that.

Pippin: Amy can call Ami Flynn. Ami will be confused at first but she'll get used to it. Names are confusing sometimes!

Owen, I'm interested in him. Ami isn't going around telling people about the business, she's more likely just to keep quiet about that. Maybe we could plan something around that? Also feel free to have Francis feel nervous around Ami, she's the gravedigger's daughter after all.

Boogie: Daniel would be the type that Ami would hang out with, I think. His interest in literature will certainly give them something to talk about! As for Michael, well, they could certainly know each other off-handedly? Maybe wave to each other in the hallway? That would work I think.
V6

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply