Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nami-ships 2.0
Topic Started: May 5 2013, 07:50 AM (492 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's been something like a year since I posted my previous thread, which is a little bit embarrassing. I figured a fresher one (now that I actually have three characters, for one thing) would probably be the best course of action. In any case, looking for basically most kinds of relationships, you know the drill so far as this type of thread works. :3

--

Makatala So'oialo, aka Kammy or Kam is a member of the student council and gay-straight alliance. She often volunteers at the student centre and has aspirations of becoming an actress, both of which would likely be fairly common knowledge. Kam's also openly gay and in a relationship - she's not like Gaga-esque 'born this way!' telling anyone and everyone about her orientation, she just doesn't hide it.

* In general Kammy is probably pretty likeable as she's got a natural level of enthusiasm and is quite a bubbly person. On the other hand she also has some strong opinions and doesn't back down from arguments easily, so - particularly in terms of debate, she could easily be a headache.

* As miscellany, her dad used to be a professional american football player (he's now retired), so that could be of interest to any fans/players of the game. Kammy again, doesn't try and advertise it but I imagine it wouldn't be super privileged knowledge.

--

Rebecca 'Becca' Everett would be best known for being one of the two stars of the girl's basketball team, alongside the captain Kat Tolstoff. She's also made distinctive by - as might be inferred, being quite tall - 5'11". She's got an array of musical tastes and plays piano and drums herself, so musically inclined people would probably quite easily find some common ground.

* Surrounding sport - or at least her own sport, Becca's kind've arrogant. She knows she's good at basketball and doesn't hesitate to try and demonstrate it on the court. Raise it elsewhere and you're still likely to get plenty of pride showing through, and people who aren't fond of competitiveness are likely to be turned of.

* Under other circumstances though, asides from being kind've cocky, Becca is a playful type of person who's willing to be a little silly to have some fun. Basically not quite a joker, just someone that you shouldn't expect to be serious a majority of the time, and who's as likely to say hi by picking you up from behind as tapping you on the shoulder and hiding. Calling out is a distant third. She's kind've handsy - personal space is not her thing, and she wouldn't think anything of stuff like kissing for a dare.

--

Sunshine Cho Lee - who people are much more likely to know as 'Cho', or Sunny if they've known her since middle school is an excellent guitar player and performs on a regular basis with her best friend Gabriella Parker. It's hard to pick a fight with Cho because generally speaking her response to conflict is to make jokes at her own expense - she has a self-depreciating and quite 'british' sense of humour.

* Cho is a bit of an oddball in style and her general behaviour, so if a character is the type likely to pick on someone for being out of the ordinary, she could be that variety of target. In addition some people might think of her as a 'lackey' to Gabriella's not-always-pleasant demeanour.

* In general though, Sunny is laid back and ready with a quick joke most of the time. She might poke fun at people but it's normally gently and she's mostly good at making people laugh rather than wind them up, so if you can get past her slight eclecticness she's not hard to get along with at all.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Like I commented in chat, Naomi and Kam makes perfect sense to me, particularly because although Kammy would push the LGBT side of things a lot, I imagine she'd generally speaking be a useful and enthusiastic member of the council.

I think Becca and Mallory would get along well if Mallory has that level of tolerance to Becca being a goof, and if someone was admiring of her ability, then that'd certainly be enjoyed too. Not narcissisticly, but she would like it.

As we mentioned Cho and Joe probably know each other reasonably well and she would make an effort to include him if he was around when she was hanging out with Gabriella. Regarding Mallory, Cho would appreciate erm... appreciation of her music and if she was that into it, would probably demonstrate some of her 'comedy' songs. However, Cho really wouldn't like being defended because she prefers to avoid conflict and doesn't want to make it into an argument, even if she was getting picked on.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
BROseidon
May 9 2013, 02:38 PM
Kam - Matt would definitely know her b/c of GSA, and they would probably be able to bond a bit over their mutual love of cooking. Matt would also probably appreciate the occasional outbursts of bitterness as a contrast to her generally bubbly personality. Virgil would probably at least recognize her in passing, but they probably wouldn't know each other.

Becca - Could definitely see her and Virgil being friends because of both of them being athletes, or at least friendly acquaintances.

Cho - Virgil would probably know her, but probably would be more of an acquaintance than friend.
Kam and Matt makes a lot of sense, seenas most of her resentment stems from an unaccepting family. As you say, that's at least something Matt could identify with even if it wasn't through personal experience, and she'd always be willing to share recipes and the like.

Becca would appreciate someone else gunning for a sports scholarship. Mostly I think it depends on the other interactions though. He seems kind've serious and Becca, outside of playing basketball, really really isn't. So if you think they'd chime well regardless that's okay by me.

Yeah, I can't particularly see Cho and Virgil being close.

Quote:

Kam - Natali's friends with Michelle, so she'd probably get along well with Kam too, even though they don't have many common interests. They could be friends, if not particularly close ones.

Becca - Natali isn't very sporty aside from swimming as leisure, but she most definitely takes pictures at basketball games. She'd know who Becca is and probably be at least friendly.

Cho - I can see Natali and Cho getting along, hanging out once they get to know each other. How well they get on would probably depend on how often they see each other.

If someone is close to Michelle, then Kammy would make an effort to be nice to them. I can also see her and Natali being reasonably friendly.

In the case of Becca... Natali would be likely to bump up against the uber-competitive side of her personality. It's really dependent on whether she would put up with Becca always wanting to know if she got pictures of her doing cool things, cause I can see that getting irritating.

There isn't a heck of a lot of concurrence I can spot between Cho and Natali, so I imagine that they'd probably be on friendly terms at best.

Quote:

I can see both Owen and Amy being pretty good friends with all three, really. Owen would probably know Kam due to acting stuff, as well as holding a vague aspiration of being an actor and he'd be cool with Becca due to musical stuff and similarly having a pretty un-serious view on life. Due to her "British" sense of humour, I think Owen'd get on with Cho best, though, sharing a similar deadpan, self-deprecating style (at times, when he's not hamming it up).

Amy doesn't really have too much in common with any of them, but there's not much she'd dislike about any of them either, and like Becca is a proud member of Personal Space Ignorers.

As for Francis, I think he'd definitely get along fine with Becca. Possibly less so with Kam and Cho, although the latter is more likely to do with the popular crowd's views than his own. He might not like Kam's strong opinions and argumentative nature, though.

Kinda sleep deprived writing this, but just throwing a few thoughts out there!

If Owen's a theatre kid, then it would sort've depend on how seriously he took it. Kam isn't a snob about the acting, but she is kind've... intense about it, since it's an ambition of hers.

Becca does just like to jam, and they'd be able to connect over the piano and drums, definitely (although in Becca's case she was actually allowed to take up the drums). Since they probably wouldn't meet in a sporting setting, it's right that Owen would see mostly the chilled-out side of Becca.

I definitely agree that Owen and Cho would get along though, so that's neat.

-

Amy looks sort've middle ground to me, I can't see any reason any of the three WOULDN'T get along with her, I guess.

Francis and Becca, yeah, they'd connect over the musical thing I think.

Equally I doubt Cho and him would be exactly joined at the hip :P - she's just the sort of oddball that the 'popular crowd' wouldn't necessarily pick on, but likely wouldn't approve of, as it were.

-

Quote:

Kammy - Aria probably would be friendly with her, but would get very tired of her argumentative personality very easily. Due to him saying what is on his mind very frequently, he will probably get in arguments with her, and eventually get sick of her if she continues arguing with him. Cammy and Kammy are bubbly people and probably would get along well. There will probably be a few jokes between them about how their names are similar and thus, could find a common ground in there. Sharon and Kammy together could be like a bomb waiting to go off due to them being argumentative and headstrong. I can imagine Sharon starting an argument and then getting in a brutal shouting match with kammy. However, she may respect her behavior, so there may be a possibility of a friendship when they aren't shouting at each other.

Becca - Aria will probably get weirded out by her constantly breaching his personal space and would raise issue with it, calling her something rude like a rapist or something like that. However, since she is musical as well, Aria could form a friendship there based on their appreciation of music as long as he can get over the whole "lack of personal space" thing. I can imagine Becca and Cammy being very competitive with each other in a fun way and I feel that their personalities mesh well together. Cammy is a star sprinter in the school and thus, shares common ground with Becca in that regard and I can see them being very good friends. Sharon would probably have fun riling Becca up and tapping into her competitive spirit. I'm not sure if these two would be friends, but I can imagine Sharon egging Becca on sometimes with her cynical personality.

Cho - I see the potential for Cho and Aria to get on well with each other due to their shared appreciation with music. Aria will also appreciate her humor, unless it is addressed at him. It might take some time for Aria to get over Cho's jokes about him, but I can see the potential of them being friends with each other. Cammy will probably be familiar with Cho and thus would refer to her as "Sunny". She'll enjoy her laid-back attitude and would probably be friendly acquaintances. Sharon will most definitely bond with Cho due to their similar sense of humor. I can imagine Sharon getting along well with Cho due to her being scottish and would probably make light jokes back at Cho whenever she lightly insults her. I think they have the potential of being good friends.

* Kam is a little bristly, so yeah, if Aria was likely to push buttons - even unintentionally, the ball would probably start rolling downhill pretty quickly. She wouldn't be like "I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU", just probably wouldn't see eye to eye with him?
* I see no reason why Kam wouldn't get along with Cammy, as you observed, they have some similarities in personality.
* Really, I think it's most likely Kammy would kind've adopt a 'don't have time for that' type of attitude towards Sharon. Being on student council and such means that she has plenty enough arguing to get along with without trying to dip her toes into a landmine of someone who is known to have a fiery temper.

* Becca doesn't grapple with just anyone - she might at worst but an arm around someone's shoulders that she doesn't know too well, but otherwise, particularly if it's a new person (or she knows they wouldn't like it), she wouldn't be just like "Nice to meet you!" *bear hug*. I think she'd probably consider Aria to take himself too seriously.
* Since it's not basketball, Becca wouldn't view Cammy as direct competition and would probably think that her sprinting was impressive, don't see anything wrong with friendly, tongue-in-cheek rivalry.
* If Sharon would poke fun on purpose, Becca would probably just get a little bit self-important. Kind've a 'I'm one of the best athletes in the school, who are you?' type thing. She isn't particularly easy to annoy, but she would definitely get prideful.

* If Aria was likely to have some issues around Cho's sense of humour, she'd probably shy away from him to a degree - she likes it when people appreciate her music, but she puts so much care into not winding people up that if she saw someone reacting negatively she'd default to the other defence mechanism, which is avoidance. She dislikes, really, the prospect of walking on eggshells around people - finds it easier to just keep away.
* Having someone around who has known her long enough to call her Sunny would be cool.
* I don't see much of a problem with Cho/Sharon if you think Sharon would 'get' her. :3
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply