Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Latest of all Relationship Threads; The thread that just keeps getting bigger
Topic Started: May 4 2013, 01:06 PM (1,756 Views)
NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, gang.

This is more or less just a spot for me to keep the relationships that I've begun with people in order. That said, feel free to post here if you desire a spot with either of my characters.

Hansel Williams
The Cowboy. Hansel is a right wing conservative Catholic who has extreme views on most any topic that has to do with homosexuality, infidelity, the death penalty. As a result, he tends to dislike and alienate a great many people. Surly and quiet due to a stutter that he hides behind an impression of John Wayne, he's a hard friend to make and a harder friend to keep.

The Good
Ian Williams --- Friends
"Ian's a breath of fresh air. Could use more bite in 'em, but it's nice t'find a like mind now and again."
Megan Emerson --- Friends
"It's nice ta find a kindred spirit in all o'this. Even if she's got... odd taste in friends."
Joe Carrasco --- Friends
"'E don't got a lot o'backbone 'bout his religion, but I reckon any o' God's friends is a friend o'mine."
Maynard Francis Hurst --- Liked
"Vegetarians. Hah. Ridiculous s'what they are. Despite turnin' his nose at a good steak, Maynard ain't bothered me, and he gets animals almost as much as yours truly."
Sophie McDowell --- Liked
"I'll never understand paintin' over a solid piece o' charcoal, but Sophie's alright. Good head on her shoulders."
Juhan Levandi --- Liked
"Seems a good sort. Could see me hangin' out with 'im more regular."
Summer Simms --- Liked
"Bit too energetic fer my tastes, but I reckon she's nice enough."
Sven Olson --- Liked
"Sven has a long way t'go before he's redeemed. But he's a good fella. I'll be a good influence, I think."
Cassidy Kant --- Liked
"I enjoy 'er company. She's a good pal."

The Bad
Garrett Wilde --- Enemy
"Fuckin' mess is what this guy is. Him an' his hippie lovin', thesis swingin' grandfather."
Travis Webster --- Hatred
"Devil's got a strong hold on 'im. Most I can pray for is a quick arrest an' a harsh lesson."
Makatala 'Kam' So'oialo --- Hatred
"Ain't bad enough she munches rugs; 'stead she has to go matchin' that with a shitty personality."
Aileen Abdallah --- Hatred
"Christ. If there were one person I could strangle happily, it'd be this bitch."
Lana Torres --- Hatred
"So full o' shit, her eyes are brown."
Theodore Fletcher --- Dislike
"It ain't right. Ain't proper. 'Least most fairies got the decency to pick a gender."
Rose Matheson --- Dislike
"She don't even know the meanin' of virtue. Might as well wear velcroe pants."
Andi Victorino --- Dislike
"Dumb slut got herself knocked up. Begins and ends there, I figure."
Matt Vartoogian -- Dislike
"'E ain't got a damn clue about the world an' how it's run. He's already damned, just don't know it yet."
Miranda Millers --- Dislike
"High-and-mighty uptight bitch. Less said th' better."
Alex Ripley --- Dislike
"Somethin' jus' rubs me th' wrong way 'bout her."
Max Sawyer --- Dislike
"Asshole. Uptight, no good asshole. He can take his city money and poor attitude an' sit down hard on a picket fence."
Katherine Ryan --- Dislike
"Another pair o' spread thighs in a city filled with 'em. At this rate, th' pharmacist probably owns two yachts."

The Very Good
Mirabella Strong --- Crush
"Wha' about her? Nothin'. I don' have an opinion. Why, is she askin'?"

Brandon Baxter
The Jock. Brandon is a big, boisterous young man who loves being the center of attention. Known for his impressions and comedic timing, Baxter loves nothing more than to hit a few guys wearing full football gear in the morning, then settle down to imitate his classmates in the evening. Behind that large funny-man schtick, however, lies a temper that's legendary and a very thin skin. Brandon's one of those people that you befriend, because having him as your enemy is much worse.

Stand Up Guys and Gals
Cody Patton --- O Captain, My Captain
"Ahhh, Cody. There's nobody better to unwind with and shoot the shit after a hard day's work.
Lana Torres --- Gym Buddies
"Lana? Lana's a blast! You need someone else in the gym to get the competition goin', you know?"
Joey Caputo --- Fellow Gym Prowler
"Aw, I love the big beefcake. He's one tough nugget to keep up with in the gym, though."
Mike Eastmund --- Makes Great Shakes
"What's not to like about Mike? Solid player in the backfield, and he, you know, punches dudes for fun."
Owen Kay --- Decent Sort
"British as hell, but great conversation starter. Also pretty funny!
Alex Ripley --- Casually Friendly
"Well, yeah, I guess we say what's up in the halls, but I doubt we'll get each other Christmas cards."
Megan Emerson --- She's Okay
"Uhh, I think we both didn't like Math. Can't say she's ever crossed paths with me."
Sven Olsen --- Fellow Skirt Chaser
"Sven, da? Da, is good friend of mine. We drink wodka togezzer and chase ze women!"

The Pricks and Bitches
Miranda Millers --- Nuisance
"Does she know how much like a duck she looks when she's scoffing at me?"
Max Sawyer --- Easy Target
"You know, I lay awake at night wondering how many times he's sodomized himself with that club he uses to get that colossal stick up his ass. Any sport where you can drink and play, old buddy, is not a sport.
Joe Carrasco --- Belongs in a locker
"I take personal exception to Skeletor's presence. It's not enough that he looks like a zombie; he has to have the brain of one, too."
Andi Victorino --- Someone Slept With That?
"I'm just surprised that the spawn of some bitchy slave driver didn't fall out of her oven when that cake was finished baking."
Theo Fletcher --- Little Shit
"Useless as tits on a bowl. I don't care about Shrimpy's sexual preference, just his general presence."
Garrett Wilde --- Weird Dude
"This is the type of motherfucker that rubs philosophy on his junk when alone."
Gwendolyn O'Connor --- Don't Get Me Started
"What is it with these 'pussy-fest' kids, anyway? They're all 'Fight the power!' and then don't do anything!"
Francis St. Ledger --- Needs to Chill The Fuck Out
"If there was anybody more on their rag than Franky-boy, I've certainly yet to meet them."

How You Doin'?
Michelle Wexler --- She Rocks a Swimsuit
"There's very few things I like in this green Earth more than a brunette in tight swimwear.
Summer Simms --- A Lady on the Streets
"I think that if I ever got Summer out of the spotlight and into more... private circumstances, she'd probably be a tigress. A man can dream."
Katherine Ryan --- Why Yes, I've Hit That
"Ahhh, Kathy, Kathy, Kathy. We had some good times. Call me soon!"
Jaquilyn Locke --- Requires A 'Hands On' Approach
"Heh. Jaq's got a lot of style. She's an awesome girl to hang out with, and I'm glad we met."
Amy Bachelor --- What a Voice
"Don't tell anyone, but I am absolutely crippled by a British accent."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Both Maynard and Mirabella are intellectuals, Mirabella being particularly adamant over the importance of academia, so there might be a source of contention on that front.

However, Maynard might take interest in Hansel's hobby of tending to animals, due to his vegetarianism, and he might be slightly more accepting of Hansel's radical political ideals due to his tendency to try and avoid conflict. Contrastingly, though, Maynard's a pretty boy who's rather weak and isn't very good at standing up for himself, which mightn't be looked upon too positively from Hansel's perspective.

Ugh. Rambly post is rambly.

Anyhow, those're mah points.
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not necessarily! Maynard's timid nature might be appealing to Hansel, depending on how it's introduced. Since Hansel feels alienated due to his beliefs, he'd appreciate someone who A) doesn't bite back about them, and B) has a common interest in animals.

Also the vegetarianism would be a point of interest. Hell, Hansel might even joke about it!

I'll read those profiles and shoot you a private message. :)
Edited by NotAFlyingToy, May 4 2013, 06:09 PM.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Maraoone
Member Avatar
COMIN OUT OF MY CAGE AND I'VE BEEN DOIN JUST FINE
[ *  *  * ]
You know, Hansel could use some friends. I'm not sure Juhan would act with him. At best, they'd be friends. At worst, Juhan would probably avoid Hansel but not HATE him since he prefers to be on everyone's good side.
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jaquilyn is probably going to ignore him for his insecurities. If he doesn't talk to her, she won't talk to him. If he has anything negative to say to her (and from his profile I see very few positives about him, so I would figure any words would be rude words) she'd put him in his place.

Joey isn't going to go near the kid. Hansel is socially repellent.

Cassidy has usually been my go to nice character, but I don't think she (or anybody else) will want to associate with Hansel. She's more judgmental than my other characters. While they will avoid him, she's more the type to strongly dislike him silently and feign indifference. Now, he might mistake this for friendship or something, but she will not be a fan in the slightest.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mararoone: Ooh. Hansel could always use friends! I'll add Juhan to the list under "Liked" and I'll send you a fancy PMthinger about the two of 'em.

Nuggets: Iiiiiiinteresting. I'll give your characters a look over and see if we can find any specific points of contention, though I think you're largely correct: they probably would more or less ignore each other.

I'm going to be adding Baxter to this thread as well.

V6
V5
Future

VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm trying to figure out how Ian and Hansel might view each other. On the one hand, they technically share a lot of views. Ian is a devout Catholic, and leans conservative, feeling most strongly about the social issues. However, Ian takes almost the opposite path when it comes to talking with people about his beliefs. He tries to take the route of least conflict, while still defending his views. Basically, he enjoys a friendly, logical debate, whereas Hansel seems insecure and belligerent.

In other words, I could easily see them disliking each other, as Ian would be extremely frustrated by Hansel's destructive approach towards sharing his faith, while perhaps Hansel may feel that Ian's too willing to compromise. (Just editing to clarify that Ian doesn't actually compromise his views to get along, but given how strongly Hansel feels, he may see Ian's attempts at diplomacy to be effectively compromising. Just a thought, if you're interested in going this route.)

On the other hand, Ian's generally friendly, and wouldn't actually look for conflict. Also, seeing as how he's a fellow Catholic he may help Hansel feel less alienated. There'd still likely be a little tension in this case, as Ian would probably feel a need to try talking to Hansel about tact, which I doubt Hansel is likely to appreciate. Of course, it's up to you, as you'd know your character better than me.

That's just my 0.2, if you're interested? I'd imagine we could work this out several ways, depending on how you feel. Oh, and I suppose they could also potentially bond a little over a shared last name, if we decide on them being friends.

I think Chase would probably avoid Hansel due to his tendency to cause conflicts, but I don't think he'd really feel too negatively about him either, so not much to say here.
Edited by VysePresident, May 5 2013, 06:07 PM.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks, Vyse! I really like the points you've brought forward.

I'd like to go with the fragile friendship route, because I feel like there could be a lot of growth there that we can explore, either from the past or in the present. From what I understand from what you've said, Ian's perspective of Hansel is that he has his heart in the right place and his faith is solid, but he could most definitely work on his interactions with other human beings. I think Hansel would take the stance of respecting Ian and what Ian did, but feeling like Ian could 'grow a pair'.

I'll send you a private message as well to elaborate, but if that sounds A-Okay to you, I'll toss Ian into the 'friends' category.

V6
V5
Future

VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks! I'm quite fine with you putting Ian down as a friend. :)

I'd say you're mostly right, but the biggest deference between the two is that Ian tries to understand others' point of view, and he doesn't look down on those who disagree. He just tries to change that if they're open to a friendly discussion, and he can easily be friends with those who disagree with him. Basically, they have roughly the same views, but they're worlds apart on how they see others who disagree. Anyway, I think this is good, otherwise. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Fair warning, my free time is a bit unpredictable right now, as I'm preferring for my Taekwondo black belt test on May 11th. I'll try to answer promptly, but I may wind up taking a couple of days if worst comes to worst. I just wanted to give you a polite heads up.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here we go:

Matt: HATRED ALL AROUND. Seriously, nothing here indicates that they would like each other, seeing as they are both pretty much antithetical to each other in terms of beliefs, worldview, etc.

Cassandra: Would find him dumb and backwards because she is like that. Would not like him and interact with him, and the feeling would probably be mutual.

Virgil: Virgil probably wouldn't dislike Hansel, although he'd have a hard time finding something to bond over. Not sure what Hansel would think of him.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hmmm, lessee. I don't think Hansel and Owen would be, like, super best friends at all, but I doubt Owen would see much wrong in Hansel, being fairly laid-back when it comes to beliefs and stuff. Hell, they have a mutual interest in art and PE, as well.

Amy probably wouldn't like him, on the other hand. Her unpredictability might also be a dealbreaker, seeing as Hansel wouldn't know her motives in the slightest, ever. At all.

I get the feeling Hansel wouldn't exactly be liked by the popular crowd, probably? If so, then he'll most likely not be on good terms with Francis, despite the fact that I think Francis would try and stay out of Hansel's way most of the time.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@BROSeidon: Yes, that's perfect! Added Matt to the "Dislike" column!

@Pippin: I like it! Just mild dislike and avoidance for the most part. Amazing.

I'll be adding Baxter to the above threads and listing his varying relationships, as well. If you guys want to plot with Brandon Baxter, his profile's contained within my signature.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Double post, but Baxter is le done.

V6
V5
Future

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
I'm really sorry I'm about to say this, but I can see Megan being a "pity friend" with Hansel (or at least in one of the ways where it started out as a pity friendship). They're both from the South, so they have the geography thing going on (albeit completely different sections of the South, but work with me here). Obviously with his extremely close-minded views, he has a really hard time making friends, which I think would rub Megan in a "I feel sorry for this guy" way, getting past her own tendency to put up walls to reach out to him. She knows how to keep her opinions to herself, so I can imagine she'd make a good outlet for him. However, I think she would appreciate his art skills as that would be something she wishes she had. Plus, who doesn't like animals? The only problem is that she's pretty good friends with Theo, but at the same time she's friends with Mirabella, so I don't know how that would go.

As for Brandon...hmm. He and Megan don't really have anything in common, and I'm a little sure that she'd find him to be a really loud and obnoxious person. His history of having a bad temper and using physical force to his advantage doesn't help, either.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How vocal is Hansel about things like his homophobia and such? The impression I get is that it comes up during conversations and such, but he won't go harassing students on a whim? Am I right in this? I'm thinking Alex doesn't like him too much if his behavior does go out of line, or at least she gets annoyed that he doesn't talk too much in group discussions and then starts saying inappropriate things when he's made to respond. As for Brandon, if he's taking his anger out on other students she's probably going to go "Hey! Stop that!". Alex herself can also be rather temperamental as well (though for her it's more because she tends to get passionate about things), so if they were to ever argue it would be glorious. I think she'd probably tolerate him otherwise, though, and perhaps even find some of his comedy routines funny.

Lana and Hansel: HAAAAAAAAAATE. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE. Lana is an activist-y sort, and I imagine he wouldn't approve of some of her more... liberal leanings (for example, if she were to say anything about LGBT rights or topics like birth control). Lana, meanwhile, would get pretty rage-y at him if he were to vocalize any of his beliefs directly in her presence. All around, he'd probably not like her, and depending on what sort of interactions they would have she'd probably not like him. With Brandon, she'd know of him, since she's one of the more athletic students at the school (though wrestling, not football). I'm thinking that they'd know each other if they were to, say, both practice in the weight gym at once, and have probably had a few conversations which probably went fairly pleasantly.

Miranda? Oh Hansel, what a bag of laughs. Miranda is a mean girl sort, and while she acts that way out of insecurity, she's probably been mean to Hansel before. He stutters, is all Texan-y, and thinks things that make people hate him. What more could you want in someone to be horrible to? I imagine some of his homophobia could strike close to home in some cases, seeing as Miranda's kind of a closet-case, but other than that... don't expect kindness out of Miranda. Brandon, if anything, would be more a friend of a friend. Miranda's one of the "popular crowd" students, and while I don't think Brandon applies, she'd probably be familiar with the football team members. She'd probably get annoyed at least at his temper, and roll her eyes at his jokester nature, though.

I'm sorry my girls hate your kids so much. D:
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply