Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lonely Hearts Club; Open!
Topic Started: Apr 1 2013, 03:18 PM (2,610 Views)
MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rosemary gaped openly at the manse that was Mirabella Strong's house from her spot in the backseat of her mother's car. She knew from Bella's mannerisms and the few times she spotted Bella's mother and her own chatting after swim meets that she probably came from an affluent household, but actually seeing the dwelling that her team member resided it... was still a bit of a shock.

She looked down at the dark tights that covered her legs then to the side where her gift was, wrapped up in blue tissue paper and a cream-colored paper bag. The present was an un-cut edition of David Copperfield with the original illustrations inside; Rosemary chose it since from they're conversations both she and Bella shared a love of Dickens. She hoped her gift wasn't unoriginal, or worse, that Bella already had a much better version of the book already in her library. She had found her gift at a hardback sale in a used bookstore she frequented. It had a quote already written on the back of the front cover.

"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts." That was what it said; she didn't know how appropriate that was for a birthday greeting, more like something a wise old mentor would tell the hero before they set off on their journey, but scribbling it out would be almost like defiling the book, so she left it be. After taking a deep breath she moved to open the door, before being chastised by her mother to take off her hoodie, saying it would be impolite not to follow the instructions in the invitation.

I'm already wearing a skirt, what more do you want? She mentally groaned. Different from her usual casual clothes, Rosemary had dressed up in a black, knee-length skirt, with a lavender silk button-up blouse borrowed from her mother and black tights with silvery flats. Even with the tights covering her legs she still felt uncomfortable outside of the pool with bare arms. But she did as she was told and left the sweat shirt in the car, taking the present with her and walking up to the door.

Her mother, just like whenever she decided to go to a party like this, would wait on the driveway until someone answered the door before driving off- even asking to talk to the party throwers parents if she didn't know them. It was a bit annoying, but Rosemary never showed any open hostility towards it.

Rosemary took a deep exhale, before knocking on the door.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Hey, Bella." Rosemary used her free hand to give the girl a small wave. She seemed a bit out of breath, but that was probably to be expected when you're the host of a party. Her face turned a bit pink at the compliment paid to her dress. "Thank you, and you look as beautiful as always."

Rosemary turned around and gave a thumbs up at her mother who nodded from her seat and waved with a smile before heading out.

"Sorry, my mom likes to make sure I make it to the door safely." Her cheeks continued to be a bit pink, only now out of slight embarrassment. The girl entered when Bella welcomed her, and she looked around a bit. The house as a whole felt much more comfortable to her inside than the palatial outside.

"Should I take off my shoes?" Rosemary asked the birthday girl. She knew from tutoring sessions certain families were like that.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
(Post order skipping to get this moving again!)

Rosemary nodded with a small smile as the others welcomed her in. She maneuvered Bella's present and set it down where the others were, before walking to a free chair around the television.

"Sorry about pausing the movie." She apologized, hoping any good times that had been happening before she had shown up were not halted on her account.

As they began the movie once more, Rosemary saw it was Snow White. A classic Disney movie, but not one of her favorites. Thinking back, she had probably never watched the beginning of the movie all the way through before. The parts she remembered best always had the dwarves in them, maybe because they were the most entertaining to her when she was younger. Sure, a prince coming to wake an beautiful enchanted maiden with true love's first kiss was all well and good, but that story was told time after time.

It was obvious in every movie like it there would be a Happily Ever After waiting.

The watched the movie, and time passed until it was around a meal time. Rosemary stayed quiet of her growing appetite, but her stomach voiced her protests for her with an audible groaning sound.

"S-sorry." Rosemary said for probably the fifth time since she entered the house. The clothes, the magnificence of the room- it made her nervous.

Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rosemary got to her feet as Bella did prep work with the cake. "Uh, we could sing happy birthday to you?"

She did not know if that was still the norm after a certain age. The birthday girl was turning eighteen, maybe it was considered childish, or maybe not all families did that.

"If you want." She added quickly afterwards, showing that it was ultimately Bella's decision as she stood up with the others and walked to the table.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rosemary raised her glass. It felt a little embarrassing to toast, but this was a time of celebration. You only turned eighteen once, right?

"To friendship." She raised her glass like she had seen before in many a movie. Things like this would only happen more and more frequently from now on as they all got older, with a substitution of wine rather than grape juice, and the parties and occasions of them would just keep getting bigger.

She took a long sip from her glass after they all toasted, the bubbles made her stomach do flips all the way down.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · Memories (The Past) · Next Topic »
Add Reply