Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lonely Hearts Club; Open!
Topic Started: Apr 1 2013, 03:18 PM (2,606 Views)
tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Ding dong

Megan drew back her hand and took a moment to take a deep breath. One nice, continuous breath, with one nice, continuous expelling of air to release all of the tension. After all, no one can be a classy lassy by being full of tension.

Megan was a little surprised to get that rather formal invitation from Bella. Despite being a good person to talk to about books or teaming up for group assignments, they really didn't do anything outside of a school setting. But there she was, getting an invitation to a fancy birthday party for one of her few female friends. Megan figured she sent out a lot of them anyway, but it made her feel good to be considered.

Although Megan hasn't had an opportunity to hang out with Bella outside of school, she figured today would be a nice change of pace. Twelve hours was probably pushing it a little, but she figured it would be fine if she left a little early. At least she would find out more stuff like how Bella lives in such a pimped out house.

Megan took one last look in the green gift bag, making sure everything was there. She really wished that Bella would find the humor in her gift of literature of Snooky's A Shore Thing or wished she even noticed the $20 Barnes & Noble gift card taped on the back of the front cover. Hopefully Bella wouldn't think Megan as being unoriginal with giving a gift card, but it was honestly the only thing she could think of.

Megan didn't really spend a lot of time to prepare besides the time to wait for the book to arrive from Amazon.com. She had picked out an old dress, but on her own birthday just the day before, she got a nice black dress with little white polka-dots and a black sashe. It was rather monochromatic, but who needs colors when you have fanciness?

Another deep breath...and okay. Time to be a fancy young lady for a fancy birthday party.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Megan took a step inside the door, getting a better view of the room inside. Whoever was the interior decorator certainly had some taste, as there was no kitsch to be seen. Maybe it was just one of the parents' "things", like someone who keeps a clean house except turned up to 11. Megan herself couldn't imagine living somewhere so spotless, but it was always interesting to see how other people's homes were.

"I could go for some coffee, actually...oh, and happy birthday, Bella!" Megan presented the present to Bella. She looked for a place to set her gift bag down; upon seeing the other bag on the table, she set her gift beside it, taking care not to spill the coffee mug that also sat on the table.

It was then that she really noticed the other girl sitting down. Rachael Langdon. Although Megan never talked to her, she thought Rachael was a rather nice girl. Megan always pegged her to be one of those quiet people who put up walls around people they don't really know, kind of like Megan herself now that she thought about it. Anyway, it looked like Bella was able to chip away at the wall.

Deciding to not say anything for now, Megan made her way to the snack layout. It was quite a fancy spread for a fancy party, but she decided to save the food for later. Since this was the earliest she has been up on a day off for quite some time, a cup of coffee sounded really good. She poured some out from the depleting supply, and after being satisfied with the amount in the cup, went back into the living room to join the other girls.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Megan sat on the empty couch, coffee in hand. "...Oh, I know...I just didn't want to barge in without saying anything...hehe." Megan's eyes darted around as she quickly took her first sip of the coffee. Did she really not know it wasn't Bella's birthday today? Just blame it on only being awake for like an hour, or being nervous or something...yeah, it's just nerves.

Maybe everyone was nervous; at least Bella seemed so, almost trailing off into some sort of self-deprecating rant about being prepared. Megan took a drink and chimed in, "I think you should wait to open presents, or at least until more people get here...not that I'm trying to dictate how you run your party or anything...just saying..."

Megan's eyes met with Rachel's as Megan took another quick sip; hopefully the "please agree with me unless you want 'A Very Neurotic Birthday' to go down" message would reach across the wall.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
"...I could go for some Mouse Trap. I haven't played that shi-." Megan cleared her throat as she set the coffee cup down. "I mean, I haven't played that since I was like eight." Geez, how what she going to be a fancy lady if she can't catch herself from dropping swear words casually?

At least it seemed like Bella was calming down...well, kind of. Poor girl; she was always so anxious. But if today was going to be all about her, it would help if she weren't such a nervous Nellie.

"Anyway, don't worry about the formal dress code or anything. I think it's pretty unique." Megan gave a reassuring smile. "So, yeah, some Mouse Trap sounds good right now, but really anything other than Monopoly is fine with me."
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Megan shrugged her shoulders. "I'm fine with playing it in here. But, if you're missing the marble, what are we gonna use? It's kind of a key thing in Mouse Trap, unless I'm not remembering it right."

Honestly, Megan didn't remember much about the game; just that you had to build a Rube Goldberg machine and that you work together to stab each other in the back in the end. A lesson on life from a pessimist view, except with more cheese.

"Just a warning, though...I can get a little competitive sometimes."
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
As soon as Bella left to get the game set, Megan joined Rachael on the carpet. At first she tried to emulate the other girl's sitting position, but as soon as the pain started to shoot up in her lower legs, Megan knew that wasn't going to happen. Instead, Megan opted to sit Indian-style, and luckily the bottom of her dress was long enough and had enough flow to not pose any problems.

And now they were alone, two girls who were practically strangers. Deciding that just sitting there in silence would make it more awkward than it already was, Megan tried to strike up a conversation. "...So, Rachael, I take it that you're a yoga person? You look like you could sit like that all day."

After some time passed, Bella came back in with the box. Judging by the amount of dust, it presumably took her several minutes to find the thing. However, Bella's hair caught the attention of Megan. Did she have a hairband a few minutes ago? Then again, Megan didn't really have an amazing attention to detail, so it could have slipped by her. Oh well.

Ah, yes. The age-old question of who goes first. Usually with these games, it was always some sort of gimmick about either the youngest or the leftmost person being the first to go. Or was it the highest roller? Oh, right, there's no dice in Mouse Trap.

Just to be on the safe side, Megan asked the first question in her head, "Do you still have the instructions? If not, maybe you should go first. Out of the three of us, you probably know most about how to play. Besides, it is your birthday...or rather, was..." She shook her head. "...You know what I mean."
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Megan shook her head while digging through the Chernobyl disaster. Almost all of the dusty game pieces were warped, not to mention how the game board looked like it's seen some shit; they couldn't possibly fix the pieces by themselves. "I'm sorry, girl, but I think this horse needs to be put out to pasture," Megan said as she put the pieces back in the box and closed the lid.

"Besides, Mouse Trap has some pretty questionable morals," she added, hoping to make Bella feel better, "considering we all work together until the end where we backstab each other since 'there can be only one'."

"But yeah," Megan shrugged, "I'm fine with watching a movie if Rachael is, too. What do you-"

Ding dong

Looks like someone else finally showed up.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
And then there were four.

Megan didn't know anything about Venice Pennington-Johannes besides the fact that she was on several sports teams. She was just "that girl" who was on the swim and volleyball teams; no more, no less.

Jaws wasn't exactly the best kind of movie to watch at a birthday party, but whatever; Megan would even be fine with something like the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club movie since it was just something to do. She could go for some Spielberg, anyway.

She shrugged her shoulders. "I could watch Jaws; I haven't seen it in years."

Oh, wait; what were they going to do with this ruined game board? Megan picked up the old box and stood up. "Uh...what should we do with this?" she said while facing Bella.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Megan set the board game down and out of the way of foot traffic.

She didn't even notice the hoard of movies until Bella mentioned it. Just one quick look at the thing, and Megan knew there was no way she would be able to pick something out without having to second guess herself. She decided to just wait on what Venice or the other girls would suggest, or else today would be a longer day than it was starting to turn out to be.

Then Megan caught Bella eying the growing group of gift bags. She couldn't blame her, though; they were all for her, after all. "Sure; if you wanna open one, go ahead. It's you're birthday, after all."
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Hearing the disappointment in Mirabella's voice started to work on Megan's mind. Even though she thanked Venice for the money, there was just...something off with the way she said it. Megan bit her bottom lip, growing anxious about how her own gift would be received. If not, hopefully whatever Rachael brought Bella would save the day.

And then, with beautiful timing, one of the DVDs smacked Venice right on the head. Oh boy, if there was one thing Megan wouldn't regret about the party, it would be seeing that split-second of a fall and Venice's reaction. Megan could feel her bite getting tighter as she tried to keep the snickering to herself. She didn't notice what DVD fell, but if it had been Jaws or something, her diaphragm might've exploded. Or imploded. Whatever.

At any rate, she was focusing too much on trying to not laugh to answer Mirabella's suggestion. She herself wasn't much of a fan of really old cartoon movies, but it was something to do.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
((Sorry about the hold up, folks.))

Another knock came from the front door, piercing through both the opening score of Snow White and the awkwardness that hovered in the air.

Megan sat in silence and delicately reached for the popcorn, resisting the urge to just grope around the bowl and grab a handful like she would normally do when it was just herself or with one of her guy friends; that always seemed to tick Gavin off especially, but if she was going to enjoy popcorn she was going to enjoy it. Seeing him get mad at something so silly was also a pretty fine bonus.

Whoever this next person was, hopefully they would be able to turn this series of unfortunate events around.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

tetsucabra
Member Avatar
yeah
[ *  *  * ]
Megan smiled and nodded at Rosemary, reaching for another bite of the popcorn. She seemed cool enough, though it was another person Megan never really got a chance to speak to.

Oh well; time to get this Snow White business on the road.
The Past

V7

V7 Relationship Planning

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Memories (The Past) · Next Topic »
Add Reply