Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lonely Hearts Club; Open!
Topic Started: Apr 1 2013, 03:18 PM (2,521 Views)
Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Venice Pennington-Johannes -Memories- continued from Knotted hair and lazy lonely people))

Wearing a light periwinkle turtleneck and bright white jeans and matching new shoes, Venice walked up to the large house, admiring the architecture and it's height. She thought about the overly formal invitation again, and how it gave her a case of Deja Vu, seeing as her own invites were eerily similar. It seemed overly 1% percent and formal, even with Mirabella being as polite as Venice knew she was.

"Bella's parents and mine are probably friends" she thought as she knocked on the door, and then rang the doorbell for extra assurance for someone to open it.

As she waited, Venice looked down at the little back box wrapped in a green bow. It was a rather eye-catching present, despite the actual gift being very unassuming, which was actually just fifty dollars made entirely of ones. She figure that if you don't know what to get somebody, just give them money so they can buy it themselves. Well, that's what Venice preferred anyway. She sighed, and hoped that Mirabella wouldn't be upset.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
When Bella opened the door, Venice tried to say a friendly hello before being bombarded by a flurry of words, leaving her mouth rather empty of further sentences.

"Water, movies, and a...trap? Something or other."

Venice walked in as Mirabella continued to explain that the current group was about to enjoy a cinema feature. She put her present next to where all the other ones were, and thought about watching a movie. That was always fun, but more stuff you wait to do at the end of the night. She mind-shrugged and didn't think much of it. As for preferences, Venice didn't really have any, but some key words helped her make a decision.

"I've always wanted to see Jaws, everyone keeps telling me it's so good. I've only seen bits and parts of it on TV, but I've yet to see the whole thing. But that's just an idea, I'm fine with any movie as it is."

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Venice only glanced at the movie collection, but she could tell that the thing was massive. Who knew what kinds of movies were hidden in that monster?

"Geez, that sure is a lot. I'm not very picky about what kind of movies to watch, so anything is fine by me."

Venice stepped towards the cabinet, looking at all the titles. She saw some Oscar winners, some kids movies from her childhood, and a bunch of other movies that she had no idea of.

"Lessee..."

Mirabella had said something else, but Venice was off trying to guess some of the titles of the foreign films, so she gave an agreement to whatever she said.

"Hm? Oh, that sounds great." She said with a quick look back, to seem like she was paying attention.

"Two years of french class, don't fail me now."

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Venice once again glanced over her shoulder, hearing her name with some contempt and disappointment attached to it. She saw the green ribbon from her present, and put two and two together rather quickly.

"Is it that bad? Maybe I could have pulled for a few dollars more? Ugh, so dumb."

Mirabella, deciding that she didn't want to open any more gifts, abruptly changed the subject to movie watching.

"Ya-huh, it was that bad."

She lightly leaned her head against the collection, but that was just enough to make a dvd case to fall and bounce off the top of her head.

"Owwwww-ah" she whined inside her head while rubbing one hand on it.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Oooooooowwwwwww" Venice continued to cry in her head.

Bella had come to help Venice, picking up the DVD that had smacked the crown of her head. It was a rather blunt feeling, and the pain was dull, but it still hurt. Mirabella asked the usual, if she was okay, is she could do anything. It was the third thing that hurt the most. That pretty much confirmed that Venice was a horrible gift giver.

"But no one even said anything about the present but you!"

Patting her own head, Venice assured Mirabella that she was fine. She sat down to the table that had the bowl full of popcorn, took one, and fed herself. Snow white seemed an odd choice, but she wasn't one to judge. Besides, she figured that she hadn't seen this movie in forever, so it might be worth it.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
At the familiar tones of every Disney movie opening, the one with the castle forming on a light blue background, someone else had arrived. Venice popped another piece of popcorn into her mouth. She could never begin to understand how the others were doing this, and not just grabbing pieces of the snack by the two arm-fulls. Maybe that's why it was better to only watch a movie with one other person or get a lot more popcorn. Or maybe Venice was just greedy like her parents told her every movie night.

When Bella opened the door, Venice grabbed a quick amount of popcorn into her hand, small enough that no pieces would fall out, and rushed into her mouth. Seeing who it was at the door, Rosemary from the swim team, Venice tried to welcome her in as well as Bella did.

"Herrarahzbrrry!"

Realizing her lack of tact, Venice covered her lips with the tips of her fingers and gave a coy look to her fellow party goers.

"Oh, my...that was rude of me."

This time she gave a proper greeting with a giggle and a hand raise.

"Hello Rosemary!"

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK, WE'VE BEEN HERE FOR holy crap almost a year)

Venice ended up lying on the floor, the others deciding to sit on the couch. No room to squirm meant having to bundle up against one another and try not to knock against each other's limbs trying their damnedest to act like they were perfectly fine.

"No thank you."

The movie itself wasn't too bad actually. Snow White was always one of those movies she said she liked when people asked because it was considered a classic, but she ended up enjoying it for real, giving it was just a kiddie movie. At least it was pretty looking.

As the credits rolled, Venice grabbed her brush and began combing her hair, just waiting till the next event of the evening was brought up.

And then Rosemary's stomach let out a roar and an idea popped into Venice's head.

"We should cut the cake!" Venice said, pointing to the table that held the pastry with her brush.

Might as well, right?

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pouring the purple drink into her fancy glass, Venice heard Rosemary's comments about singing Bella a song. She wandered over to the table, wine cup now held in her

"Of course we'll sing for you! Do the song, blow out your candles, open the rest of the presents, that whole jazz!"

Who didn't want to have the birthday song at their birthday party? That's half the fun/embarrassment! Venice reached back and lowered the lights setting.

"Oh, candles, who knows where the candles are?

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Venice raised her glass with the others, laughing softly and smiling as she did so. If Bella wanted to have something as cheesy as a toast at her own birthday, who was anybody to argue?

Ah, and perfect, Bella's parents had put the candles on the cake. 18 little candles, placed in a strategically aesthetic way. Once she had spotted the lighter on the table right next to the cake, she remembered the next thing to do. A few flicks of the thumb, Venice lit the candles for her friend with the lighter.

Waving the last of the fire away and hiding the slight scorch on her thumb, Venice began to sing.

"Haaaaappppy biiirrrrthdaaaaayyy toooo yoooouuuu..."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Memories (The Past) · Next Topic »
Add Reply