Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOTF Endurance
Topic Started: Jan 19 2013, 05:11 AM (1,525 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
I had an idea for an AU SOTF game. It's based on an old reality series called Endurance. Ten men and ten women will be camping out in a remote location, where they will compete in mixed gender teams of two. The object of the game is to receive all 14 pyramid pieces - somewhat complicated by the fact that each team starting out gets one piece by default. There are two types of missions - Endurance missions, for unclaimed pyramid pieces, and Temple missions, which allow the winning team to select two teams to go to the Temple of Fate, where one team will be eliminated. My rules will be as follows for characters:

• Maximum of two characters per handler
  • You may take any character from SOTF versions 1 through 5 (assuming realism).
  • Pregame only characters are allowed.
  • Name changes are allowed within reason (so if the character is mostly the same, I'll allow it), with the original name of the character clearly stated as well as a link to the original character.
  • You may use characters from other handlers with that handler's express permission.
  • Handlers may offer up their own characters for adoption in Endurance, which puts those characters into a reserve list where they may be selected by other handlers if so desired.
  • There will be some roleplay, but a much of it will likely be through personal inquiries and a chat room, so as to keep the game moving.
  • Adoption for Endurance is for ONLY the Endurance AU.
  • Characters will be from their schools, and will be in the same year that they were in their respective season of SOTF, selected to go on the show in the summer of 2012. SOTF will have occurred with other schools.
  • All relationships from the original version are in play.
  • Relationships from the original version will not affect eligibility.
  • Characters in "Survivor: The Cursed Islands" are eligible.
  • There will be a thread for confessionals, which I will explain further when the thread is made.
  • Nobody dies in this game.
Who would be interested in this?

Confirmed characters
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I definitely would be interested; I used to be huge on the show, and I'd enjoy getting to play it.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hiya! This is a minor thing, but the staff would just like to briefly comment on one thing:

"You may use characters from other handlers with either handler's express permission, or if that handler has had no activity within the past six months."

We're uncomfortable with this element, because it allows handlers to use other people's characters without permission. SOTF has a very long history for an RP site, and has the massive turnover that comes with that. The vast bulk of handlers from V1-3 have not been active in six months if you only count logging in as activity; if it's defined as posting, that number goes up even more. We also have a lot of character whose handlers are really hesitant to see them used. This came up a bit in the discussion of Second Chances, but many handlers have inserted themselves or friends into SOTF, and would be uncomfortable seeing them written by other people. There's a big difference between doing a fanfic (which has been established as fine because it's by definition a one-shot thing and is clearly derivative) and actually bringing old characters back for RPing again without permission.

As such, the staff would like to request that lengthy RPs involving past characters please mandate permission from the original handlers. We do know it's a pain in the neck to track them down, but not doing so is in enough of an uncomfortable grey area that we'd rather it not happen.

Apologies for the intrusion, and good luck with your game! :)
Posted Image

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Change made. Also, I have the list up for which characters are in so far, as well as the reserve list.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Y'know what, I remember watching Endurance back in the day, I'm gonna give this a shot.

Matt Masters and Jake Mordetsky are in!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nina Clarke and Theo Fletcher are in.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Names added.

Adding Simon Telamon and Stephanie Reid (formerly Charlene Norris - I was going to change the name for SC, but wasn't allowed to).

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay. If anyone would like, I will offer up Jimmy Robertson, Kat Tolstoff, and Mike Whaley on the Reserve List. If anybody's interested, post here or PM me, and I will give you the basics of the characters.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
I already got my girls in survivor. Let's get Joey in this. If there's space, Cassidy too.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
*shurgs* Might as well get Aria Samuels and Camilla "Cammy" Davidson in here.
Version 5

Version 7

Artsy Stuff by Other People

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Names added. I still need another ten characters - six women and four men. Remember: ANY character from the main SOTF universe is acceptable (assuming realism).

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Very well, I can throw Aileen Aurora Abdallah in.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Still need four men and five women to start the game. ALL CHARACTERS WELCOME.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
We can put Jaquilyn on the "reserve" list in case anybody's up for it. I'd actually like to see somebody else take a stab at writing her since i sometimes have difficulty getting i to her head.

And could we maybe up the character limit in a week or so? Not because I want to handle three characters, but because I am very excited to see this get underway.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay. Two things are happening, starting now:

• The minimum required characters is now sixteen, with a possibility of going to twenty contestants.
  • Should there be less than sixteen players by Thursday, the per-handler cap will go to three characters.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply