Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Slasher RP take 2
Topic Started: Jan 15 2013, 11:57 PM (1,451 Views)
umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tried this before and had some people forget about it (missing 2 very central characters) sooo it ended quickly. Anyway I thought I was done with the concept until I watched "Cabin in the Woods" and my brain turned back into mush.

here is the original post

Same everything applies! Post your ideas for plot, and if there's a popular one, we go with it. We had some strange witchy thing last time, but didn't even get to a point where we could set it all up. Considerer everything scrapped from last time entirely.

Last time our starting plot (horror story aside) was college students taking a film class going on a camping trip where their eccentric teacher tells a horror story that inevitably ends up being true. Please post if you have a different idea for the setting, and if you have an idea for the campfire story itself. I also would not be oppossed to doing a "Cabin in the Woods" rp in which the characters would be able to escape based on clues.

Also character concepts are also welcome! Last time we kind of stuck to cliches (which in this genre is 100% acceptable) but don't feel limited to that! This is a just for fun rp, so there is no need to create complex characters. Not saying tropes are encouraged or discouraged, but they are acceptable.

The main five cliche characters are usually as follows (via Cabin in the Woods itself):

The Whore: Niki (Will)
---Also a bitch, also dating Curt.
The Athlete: Curt (Nuggets)
---Handsome, dumb, cocky.
The Fool: Logan (Nytie)
---Loves. the. weed.
The Scholar: Rory (LeAloha)
---Smart, Irish, and conservative.
The Virgin: Holly (Laurels)
---Messy appearance, very introverted, hates blood.

Additional and optional ones include:

The Follower: Holden (Nuggets)
---Ties to act like Curt, awkward otherwise. Friendly if Curt isn't around.
The Movie-buff: Damon (Daemon)
---Also a stoner, motorcross fan, and dare-enthusiast.
The Comedian (Always brightens mood, doesn't take anything seriously. Probably overweight.)
The Goth: Rachel (Aristeia)
---Selectively friendly, depressive, typical goth.
The Wannabe: Missy (Nuggets)
---Tries to be Niki's number 2, desperate for attention.

More Original Characters

The Biker Chick: Diz (Deamon)
---Tats, bald, attitude.
Angry Homosexual: Alec (Jimmydalad)
---Angry, smart, and hot for Curt.
"Positive" Girl: Erica (Will)
---Open minded good girl.
Rude guy who can''t get any: Luke (MrMissMrs Random)
---Meh grades. Occasional asssshole.

Other necessary characters will then be the killer(s) and one or more authority figures.
Edited by umop-ap!sdn, Jan 22 2013, 05:19 PM.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I wouldn't mind reusing the character I had from the other version:

Holly Thorwald: The Virgin

A girl with messy blonde hair and large glasses, Holly is an Art History major who is pretty shy around her classmates and can be a bit intimidated by loud people. Sometimes stutters and is a bit afraid of blood.

So yeah.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I wrote a slasher RP once.

Around here, we call it Bloodgarden.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll use Niki from last time again, the bitch or whore I guess. I would rewrite her little description thing again but it's too early in the morning fot that shit.
V6 Characters:

Posted Image------------------Posted Image
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------

V5

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm up for taking part in this again.

Elizabeth "Diz" Gray - A tough no-nonsense girl who enjoys Metal and Punk and doesn't take shit from anyone. She won't back down if someone if trying to intimidate her or starts an argument with her. Has a large number of tattoos and a shaved head and always seems to wear a pair of tatty boots.

Totally didn't copy and paste that character from the last thread. *shifty eyes.*

I'll save Damon in case we need to add some more characters later.
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

aristeia
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
This looks great, I can never resist a good horror movie. If you need people I would be delighted to play, but likewise if you want to keep the original cast feel free.

In an incredible show of unoriginality I was going to do a gothy character but if that is too close to deamon's character / you want the more central archetypes done first then I will edit this.

Rachel Venn (Goth archetype) dresses fairly typically of the stereotype, in black with some purple trim. She is selectively friendly with a moody outlook. She tends to see the worst in situations and people. Fairly calm, if depressive, personality but will has a low tolerance for people and will insult those that annoy or antagonise her.

In terms of plot I liked the witch idea mentioned before, specifically the idea of her giving people premonitions of their/ other people's deaths (mainly because I loved the Final Destination movies). It also allows allows for reincarnation and the like via 'magic' or supernatural forces. Magic is also a great excuse for plot holes.
Edited by aristeia, Jan 19 2013, 07:55 PM.

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I dibs my character Alec again. His dickery has yet to fully shine.

Alec Litwin - A gay boy who often gets bullied. Sarcastic and bitter and enjoys playing video games. One of the smartest kids in the year.

Depending on who else is taking part, this is subject to change.
Edited by jimmydalad, Jan 16 2013, 07:31 AM.
Version 5

Version 7

Artsy Stuff by Other People

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
This all sounds pretty interesting. I think I might join in.

Characters I'll start to brainstorm. Maybe a bratty younger sibling of one of the older main cast that is a Tagalong.

For ideas I always say the "Haunted House" is a classic, preferably with curses and both supernatural and mortal enemies.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ok, back from school now.

Niki Lopez- Bitch (maybe whore) archetype:
A hot, skinny, bitchy latina. She has brown eyes and black hair that reaches down to the middle of her back. Could be going out with a guy in the group. She's self centred, shallow and could be best friends with one of the girls in the group.

As well as Joe's list of archetypes, I had quite a big list on the previous topic that had a few extra types:

Archetypes

My original idea from the last thread is here:
Original Idea

Other ideas could be a haunted house, or something like the house from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Another interesting idea come from a film I watched a couple of months ago called Shrooms. Basically a group of friends go on a trip into the woods to find shrooms to get high on or whatever and when they're in this hallucinogenic state a killer comes along and they're all freaked and not sure what's real and what's not.

That's all I've got so far.
Edited by Will, Jan 17 2013, 02:20 PM.
V6 Characters:

----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------

V5

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
This looks fun. I'm going to try and go for the scholar:

Rory McTaggart: A somewhat plump Irish lad with a high IQ (one of the smartest kids in the year) and self-esteem (somewhat condescending). Despite his book smarts, he is the type of person to comically miss the point and cause an accident. Harry Potter geek, unfit and clumsy. Conservative and may or may not bash on Alec.

As for the idea, maybe they're all Freshman, and it's a prank pulled by the upperclassmen. They invite all of them to a party/bar/whatever, get them all drunk by giving them alcohol or spiking the drinks, and dump them on the side of some mountain road or national park. Of course, there's an escaped murderer about, and you can all guess what happens next.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
aristeia
Jan 16 2013, 06:34 AM
This looks great, I can never resist a good horror movie. If you need people I would be delighted to play, but likewise if you want to keep the original cast feel free.

In an incredible show of unoriginality I was going to do a gothy character but if that is too close to deamon's character / you want the more central archetypes done first then I will edit this.
We dont HAVE to match the archtypes, make what ever kind of character you want! Also, Goth and Biker aren't too similar, so don't worry about it!

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

Nytie
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Oooh this looks like a lot of fun. I'd like to play the Fool character if nobody else wants it.

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
First post has been updated, and looks like we're sticking to the plot of the last attempt. Feel free to add more details to characters, we are just waiting on a few to be named and briefly described.

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Do you think we should change the killer into a more menacing looking antagonist? I think the kids wouldn't be that scared if they saw some old witch lady hobbling towards them, but (using Texas Chainsaw Massacre reference again ;D) if they saw some huge deformed guy running towards them with a chainsaw and wearing one of their friends faces as a mask it would make them feel much more scared and in danger. Also, how does the killer kill people again? I forgot. XD
V6 Characters:

V5

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
It'll be menacing.

Also if we are sticking with the College class scenario, MrMissMrs Random 's character is going to need to change. I'll be handling the professor, I'll be handling the ghost lady, and if we are still missing any of the main cliche characters (right now I think we just need jock) I'll take that role as well.
Edited by umop-ap!sdn, Jan 17 2013, 01:49 PM.

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply