Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Relationship and Planning Thread #Pi; How to kill your friends 101: Have some.
Topic Started: Jan 4 2013, 03:13 AM (916 Views)
VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Bumping this thread for Chase Rodriguez. See below)

Well, now that I've gotten a character approved I'd like to make the most of what's left of pregame. Specifically, Ian here needs some friends to kill him, eventually.

Ian Williams is a relatively recent transfer student, having been a homeschooler until a little over two years now. He's usually a bit quiet and reserved, but he's amiable with those who talk to him, and has a friendly sense of humor. He's not easily offended, and tends to be a fairly rational person. He's fairly competitive, and enjoys a friendly challenge, though he never takes the results of these too seriously. He has a broad range of interests, including literature, video games, some martial arts, as well as having a mild interest philosophy. He's part of the Book Club as well as Speech & Debate.

He takes friendship seriously and will often be willing to go outside his interests for friendship's sake. He's generally more comfortable hanging out with other introverts, but he's quite open to spending time with the more extroverted students, particularly if they're the ones to break the ice. He likely has a small circle of close friends, and a decent number of casual acquaintances.

Ian is a devout Catholic and tends to lean conservative, particularly on the social issues, either of which may turn some people off. He doesn't generally bring the subjects up himself, as he dislikes conflict, but he'll defend his views when challenged, and he enjoys the occasional friendly debate.

I'm mainly looking for a few friends and acquaintances, but I'm open to any suggestions. If you have any questions or ideas, please feel free to shoot me a PM. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ian's Relationships:

Nina Clarke (friend)
Juhan Levandi (friend - Likely met in the Book Club)
Cammy Davidson (friend)
Carlon Wheeler (friend - Met in the Book Club & share several common interests)
Maynard Hurst (friend - One of Ian's first friends. They met in the Book Club. (Anyone sense a theme?) Relevant threads: Bookworms)
Garrett Wilde (friend - They enjoy the occasional friendly debate)

Travis Webster (Mutual dislike)

Seeing as how Pippin has allowed me to adopt Chase Rodriguez, I'm hoping to get some relationships down for him. I'll try to honor any previous planning and/or relationships as best I can, so if you're interested, feel free to post here or send me a PM. I'll refrain from posting Pippin's list for now, as I'm not entirely sure who's still active and interested. For those interested, here's a brief description below, which I outright stole borrowed from Pippin.

Chase Rodriguez - Chase is a calm, friendly and trustworthy guy. Chase's family is very close, consisting of him, his parents, and his sister, Audrey. His family is also, unfortunately, doing rather poorly in the financial department. His father owns and works in a garage, which Chase helps with occasionally. In fact, Chase spends most of his time with his family, either helping his father, or helping and playing with Audrey. Audrey is dyslexic, so Chase helps her with her homework and things like that. At school, Chase is always calm and keeps a level head, and can often be seen sorting out arguments between his friends.

As stated, Chase spends most of his time with his family, as he has two major hobbies-the aforementioned mechanics, and art, especially pottery. Unfortunately, he isn't particularly good at either of these things, with his artistry ranging from passable to awful. In addition to this, Chase is rather clumsy, and several projects have been thrown out prematurely, due to him dropping them. Chase keeps at it, though, as he hopes that his skills will improve the more art he does. Chase also has a passing interest in reading and handheld video games, introduced by Audrey.

Chase is hispanic, and has blonde hair cropped short, with a goatee of the same colour. He can normally be found with a tired expression, due to working into the night on his art. Chase normally wears polo shirts and jeans.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chase's Relationships:

Miriam Castille (childhood friend & Prom date: didn't make the trip)
Yukiko Sakurai (childhood friend)

As with Ian, I'm mainly looking for a few friends and acquaintances, but I'm open to any suggestions. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to shoot me a PM. :)

Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds good to me! I'll go ahead and add her to the list as a casual friend, if that sounds right to you. Many thanks! :)
Edited by VysePresident, Jan 4 2013, 08:43 PM.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry I took so long to respond. My stupid computer decided to take some time off. Anyway, I'm fine with Juhan as a friend, Mara. He seems like someone Ian would get along with reasonably well.

I agree with you, Delroy, with the minor nitpick that Ian's in the book club, not chess. Anyway, I'm putting them down as having a mutual dislike.

Many thanks, guys!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've updated the list. Thanks again! :)

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry for the delay. Life's just been kind of overwhelming these last few weeks. Anyway, you mean Ian, right? ;) I think they'd get along pretty well too, after breaking the ice. As you say, the Book Club seems the most likely place for them to connect. I'd be happy to flesh this out via PM, if you're interested?

Oh, and depending on how friendly they are, I could see them enjoying playing video games together as well. Ian's also competitive enough that he'd probably be willing to try his hand at the board games too, occasionally, although he'd likely lose more often than not due to Carlon's experience.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bumping the thread now that I've adopted Chase Rodriguez. (see description in the second half of the OP) Any suggestions are welcome! Friends/Enemies/Acquaintances/Crushes/Etc, new or previously discussed with Pippin. As I said above, I'll try to honor any previous planning and/or relationships as best I can, so if you're interested, feel free to post here or send me a PM. I'll refrain from posting Pippin's list for now, as I'm not entirely sure who's still active and interested, so please let me know as you can.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks! I've gotten them both down. I'm not sure if you had any prior plans with Pippin that you'd like to continue, but if so, I'll be glad to discuss them via PM.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply