Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aurora Twitter feed?
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 10:49 PM (491 Views)
umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
A big thing that 2012 graduates were doing was "tweeting" their thoughts and feelings onto the internet. We have quite a few preppy and opinionated students who would (over)use the website and it's functions. But before I rant, let me just ask the question:

How would we feel about a twitter pregame thread? It would be open of course, and we could imagine that the viewer is just a person who follows every senior at the school. Of course, not every character would be involved, but it'd be a good place for random thoughts your character might have.

Including sigs in such posts would probably be discouraged for the sake of space.

This thought came to mind while reading the "Random Thoughts" thread, in case anybody was wondering.

#discuss
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
(from @username) This is what a sample post would look like

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel
Jan 3 2013, 10:53 PM
Also, remember that anything would have to be school-appropriate and that violating that could for sure carry bad consequences.
What exactly does this mean? People, in high school and college, post images and comments about being drunk or stoned frequently. When this is the case, the individual usually does not have their last name on the website, or they use a fake name (I do have a twitter and the name attached is an anagram of my real name.)

Sorry if I sound argumentative, but this is how it is for people my age, at least, and I have never seen anybody get in legal trouble for things they "tweeted" about. Except for one kid, but that's because he set up a fake account to make fun of somebody else and then bragged about it in school.

And will definitely PM staff!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel

No worries! I actually misunderstood this as an official, school-run thing with everyone using their names and posting for, like, parents and teachers to read. If it's just random kids on their personal twitters, then yeah...

THERE'S NO RULES
*runs in circle and draws crossbow*

MurderWeasel

...as long as it's not threatening it should be fine.

THERE'S ONE RULE
*tosses crossbow to the side, but continues running*

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
(just going to turn this into a "questions game" type thread. completely open, just put whatever your characters think. Since these will me short posts, I'd suggest removing sigs.)

(@LockeNLoad) @NapoleonStonaparte You good? #bored #letsburn

(@FluffyToro93) Scrubs at the gym #gtfo

(@CassidySays) Just booked my ticket for #Disneyland cant wait!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply