Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Guilty Gear Mafia: Game Thread
Topic Started: Nov 11 2012, 08:14 PM (14,982 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dingleberries.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

Lucas Brady - Believing in the Heart of the Cards - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Well, that was interesting. Now I am pretty much convinced that we have a Vigilante in our midst. I'm not too familiar with the rules, but I doubt that the SK would benefit much from killing off Mafia members and judging from the fact that fire has been frequently used for all of those deaths, I guess it's a reasonable conclusion that our Vigilante is Sol.

In any case, though I hate to say it, Laurels claiming as Doctor was what probably got him done in. While it was helpful during the day phase, it probably condemned him to death once the night phase begun. It is pretty clear that the mafia would aim to kill off those with powerful roles such as the Doctor and therefore, that doesn't really leave us much in who to find suspicious.

As for Slam's death, Murder has already stated the reasons for why he/she/it was suspicious. From what I can tell from Slam's history, Slam focused majorly on protecting Dom and Mara as well as arousing suspicion on Laurels and ultimately voting Flare because of inactivity. Since it was revealed that Dom was Mafia, we can assume that Slam could've also voted for Flare in order to try to shift votes onto him and to get him lynched. In my opinion, this alleviates some of the suspicion put on him.

However, my suspicion now shifts on over to Mara. He has already put up some suspicion on himself and his miller logic thing turned out to be completely wrong since we now definitively know that Bro was indeed the miller, as he claimed. The fact that Slam protected him also gives me reason to be suspicious and therefore I am going to VOTE: Maraoone in order to get him to speak and have his take on the situation at hand. Right now, he's the one I'm most suspicious of.
Version 5

Version 7

Artsy Stuff by Other People

Whirlpool531
Member Avatar
Lets play hide and Seaking!
[ *  *  * ]
Well, for those who are wondering and will bring it up if I don't answer it now, let me just say that evening a family emergency occured that ate up my time and when I remembered about mafia it was two hours past the deadline. Everything is fine now and everyone is ok but thats all I would like to say on that matter. Now then, with the doctor dead and three total killed last night I'd say we had a Jack since there is no way a Serial Killer/Vig/Mafia combo would leave us at such high numbers with only two deaths on most nights. MurderWeasel is still going to be interesting due to the fact that being the most talkative he should be killed by the mafia, however if he doesn't die tonight or the next phase I'll be looking at him a bit more since his elognated survival is going to be suspicious without protection saving him.

As for other suspicions, Maraoone sounds like a good person to put pressure on and so do Pippin and eventually Mimi if she doesn't speak up a bit this phase.

VOTE: Pippin

Would you like to say anything now Pippin?
V5 Characters

22:41 Caligulove (Ruggahissy) STOP SOLICITING STRANGERS FOR GAY TUBE SEX
23:50 Elena Ebay doesn't seem like it'd work. Ebay is for like, seocnd hand stuff and virginity can't really be second hand.
21:14 bacon THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T BRING YOUR PENIS INTO THE CHATROOM
16:07 Dom Sizzler is an american straight house
19:54 DomienSandow I'm gary oak
19:54 DomienSandow you can't ignore my girth
12:59 GeneralGoose MY NIPPLES ARE EXPLODING WITH DELIGHT

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Whirl, I do find your line of logic re: my continued play a bit suspicious, for the following reasons:

This game doesn't have a lack of high profile targets. We know CondorTalon is town. jimmydalad has also made a fairly solid roleclaim. My alignment and role are totally unknown. This means it's more beneficial for the mafia to whittle down out confirmed townies (as they did with Laure) than to go after someone they can attempt to pin blame on. Also, as I've mentioned, I'm a lot better at stirring up conversation than I am at catching out scum (I think yesterday showed that pretty nicely). The mafia doesn't want the game to stall out any more than anyone else, and while I wouldn't put myself as a non-target, there are a lot of things that make me comparatively unappealing when we've got uncontested pro-town claims going around.

Moving on: BRO's death strikes me as very unusual. If we had a JOAT or a vig, one of them seemingly decided to make some, um, rather questionable choices. I'd be all for taking a test shot at BRO later in the game, since his claim wasn't 100% certain, but this really wasn't the time for it. Similarly, Laure was basically beyond suspicion unless he survived two or three more nights. Taking them both out sees our confirmed townies halved, and it removes a power role. I'd almost be more inclined to suspect a scum member had a one-shot killing role, like Harry Tsai in V3 Mafia, because this was rather a perfect storm of badness.

Moving on, I agree with jimmy that Maraoone is suspicious. He pushed a wagon on BRO, hopped wagons without much real thought or analysis, etc. What makes me less suspicious is that his piling onto Dom was just as halfhearted and arbitrary as everything else he's done, but that doesn't convince me entirely. I'd like to hear more from him, so I'll VOTE: Maraoone in the hopes of coaxing some response.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder drawn by Ryuki

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
First of all, Toben, I think you may be confusing this game with Survivor mafia. I'm the innocent child this time, not CT.

Anyway, I really think that Maraoone is our biggest lead at the moment. Slamexo's defence of him doesn't really help his case.

VOTE: MARAOONE
Survival of the Fittest Version 5

Survival of the Fittest Version 7

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Whoops. You're absolutely right, Skraal. Apologies on that. Condor's not even in this game. I guess he just made an association in my mind with the role. I'll have to watch that if I'm ever in a game with him again.
V7:
Library Vee

Maraoone
Member Avatar
COMIN OUT OF MY CAGE AND I'VE BEEN DOIN JUST FINE
[ *  *  * ]
I hopped wagons without saying anything simply because everything about them was said. I don't really like repeating the same thing over and over again. Also, we kinda needed a lynch after 3 straight no-lynches.

That being said, I'll claim.

I am ZATO-1 - LYNCHER.

My target was TDS, but I never tried to lynch him simply because nothing showed up that I could exploit.

Since TDS is nightkilled now, I'm basically a survivor which means I just have to live to the end. It would be rather pointless night killing or lynching me since I don't really serve as an obstacle to either side.

Any more questions?
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Actually, yes. That claim sounds incredibly fishy to me.

Typically, if a lyncher's target dies any way other than through a lynch, they lose, flat out. Otherwise, it makes no sense for a lyncher to play as anything other than a survivor from the start (unless their target seems to be likely to stay alive as late game approaches). The role you describe is a much nicer form of lyncher than I've seen before, and that raises my skepticism a lot.

More than that, you've picked a pretty good thing to claim if you are scum. If we ignore you and take you for granted, then you could cause a lot of trouble.

I'd like to know a. why we should believe this claim in light of no evidence of it at all and b. what your thoughts are and why you're going to be useful enough to the town for us to not just lynch you/for the vig to not nightkill you just in case you are scum. Right now, that seems a safer bet to me, honestly. You may be on the level, but I'd like to see some benefit to the town for assuming that.
V7:
Library Vee

Rocky
Member Avatar
They see me walking, they hating
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm inclined to believe Maraoone's claim, since lore wise Millia being Zato-1's target does make some sense. that being said, I do find turning into a survivor upon a failed lynch a tad suspicious, though we do still have some time so I suggest we look elsewhere for the time being and if we don't find a suitable target before the phase ends we can always fall back on Maraoone if he's still pinging anyone's radar.
G068 Chan, Yuan Stephanie

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I am really confused by the Roleclaim and the way that you have explained it. Most of my issues are the same as the ones that have been said by Toben before me. It really comes off as out of the blue and it reeks of fishiness to me. Apart from the fact that there is no evidence to support this as Toben has already said, you could of just given us a bit more reasoning as to why you did those actions instead of "we needed a lynch". It's almost as if you've intentionally tried to stay under the radar.

Also, I asked for who you think is suspicious as well as how you feel about the situation we are in now. Both the Cop and the Doctor are dead, meaning powerful roles have been taken out already. If I am not mistaken, the Mafia are in a good situation right now as they've managed to cause a 3-day deadlock while slowly picking us off one by one.

My vote on Mara still stands until he gives us more. Right now, there is nothing that is causing me to shift my vote to anyone else anytime soon. Also, this might come off as annoying, but we should be trying to encourage a little more discussion here. We don't want to have another lynchless day and the only way we can do anything is if we work together.
Version 5

Version 7

Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MK Kilmarnock
Dec 17 2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah, sorry again fella. You were supposed to die on Night 4. I mean, you DID actually die on night 4 but... again, somehow fuckin' missed that. Thaaaaat was a bad one.
I blame the chairshots.

This is my bah post, by the way.
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Maraoone
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
@ Murder and Jimmy:

According to the role PM given to me, I'd lose if I died before TDS or if he was still alive and I was the last scummy person left.

That form of lyncher does exist in some games. I've used it before.

V6 Characters:
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

Maraoone
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
EBWOP:

I accidentally clicked 'Add Reply'. .-.

Continuing:

I realize that a wiki isn't exactly the most reliable source of info, but look here.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lyncher

It doesn't say that when a lynchee is nightkilled, they lose.

For your questions, Murder:
a.) Why? For one, I know nothing of Guilty Gear lore, so I don't think I could make up that PM. I wasn't lying when I said why I couldn't target TDS. Say you were a lyncher, with the exact same target, and the game otherwise progressing as it is now. What exactly could you have exploited to lynch TDS, aside from his quietness (there were many other silent people while he wasn't posting, so that wouldn't be a good reason)? That's why I never went for TDS.

b.) First of all, you'd be wasting a lynch on what's effectively a townie (with different win goals), when you have far bigger fish to fry. Same if the vigi tried to kill me. There's many other people who bring out suspicions. Yes I realize I fudged up by going against Bro when he was actually a miller, but I had my reasons, especially since Miller, like my role, also seemed like a perfect role to claim as mafia.

Second, I'd be perfectly willing to help out town. I can't see any way the mafia could exploit me, unless they're actually a cult and recruit me, which is only likelier than pigs flying.

@ Jimmy: I don't really have much choice. Plan A once TDS died, which was to stay off the radar, failed fantastically since I've been on everyone's radars since Day 1. Plan B was basically what's happening now; claim and hope for the best. It's incredibly risky for me to claim, but I can't convince everyone I'm just a normal VT with this much suspicion. That's why I randomly claimed.

I didn't have any other reason that the reasons why they were voting. I did try to stay under the radar since that's what survivors are usually supposed to do. Get by without getting much attention from both sides.

As for who is suspicious, I don't have much to go on since this board is completely new to me. I haven't had much time to read the previous games, so I basically don't really know how you guys usually act and therefore can't really tell who's acting fishy.

Murder and Jimmy come off as clean. Of course, who knows? I never guessed that Slamexo was goon.

There's a lot of people who I don't see posting much, so I can't say much about them. I'm looking at Pippin, Flare, and Mimi. They all randomly disappeared. If Flare posted more after Day... 2 or 3, please point it out since I can't really figure out how to get the posts made by one member in one topic on this board.

tl;dr: No one screams 'mafia' to me.

V6 Characters:

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I actually buy that explanation. It makes pretty good sense to me, and I'll accept a nonstandard lyncher given that we had a nonstandard miller in the mix (something I was also initially skeptical of).

UNVOTE
V7:
Library Vee

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I guess that is a reasonable explanation.

UNVOTE

Might as well

VOTE: Pippin to apply some pressure on him and get him to speak as we don't really have much else to go on. We need to get talking people. We're playing right into the mafia's hands.
Version 5

Version 7

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply