Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nox Mirabilis
Topic Started: Oct 22 2012, 06:36 PM (924 Views)
BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[Continued from Nox Incipit]

Virgil and Cammy arrived at prom only a few minutes late. People were beginning to funnel in, and it looked to be a promising night. Virgil could hear Party Rock Anthem playing, a song that he enjoyed greatly.

Virgil was fairly calm at this point. Everything had gone well so far, and there seemed to be little that could fuck everything up. Maybe Virgil's terrible dancing would, but the reality was that the two of them were probably going to have an excellent night to close out their senior years. Fate seemed to be on Virgil's side.

"Well, we're here." Virgil said to Cammy. "Uh, care to dance?"
Edited by BROseidon, Oct 31 2012, 10:11 PM.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Cammy was being playful. Happy. Like Virgil, she was having fun. Good.

While Virgil's question regarding whether to dance had been a "I don't really know what I'm supposed to do here" moment, Cammy seemed enthusiastic about it. The truth of the matter was that, as much as Virgil had been overwhelmed initially by parties and alcohol, losing his virginity in a blacked-out state had forced him to calm down a bit. In getting less drunk, Virgil also danced less, which resulted in him never improving his terrible innate dancing ability. Maybe Cammy would be good enough to make them look not awkward.

Virgil looked over and saw another couple, Aileen and Cyrus. He hoped that they were having a good time, too. Prom should be a good experience for everyone, right?

"Yeah, let's go." Virgil took Cammy by the hand and led her to the dance floor, and begun dancing.

Dancing terribly. Virgil couldn't dance, and being sober made the problem worse.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, and being sober just makes me more aware of it," Virgil responded. He couldn't help but smile.

Cammy was taking his lack of moves well. She was being playful. Virgil couldn't help but laugh when she began imitating him. It didn't look like she would even try to save the couple by dancing well; they would be a sinking ship for everyone's mockery. Not that it really mattered. As long as they were having fun, it didn't matter what else was going on around them.

"You know, that's really good. I'd give it an A-, but it needs more cabbage patch." Virgil started doing the cabbage patch as he said this.
The Living:

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[Switching threads because this one has slowed down and I want to move prom along]

Cammy seemed to respond well to Virgil's jesting. Her shout was maybe a little louder than necessary but that was all right. Fun. Fun was what was important, not retaining one's hearing. But as soon as Cammy started doing the sprinkler, Virgil knew that any hope of retaining his dignity was over.

"Well played, Cammy. Well played."

The pair danced like that for a while. Goofy, certainly goofier than the bump-and-grind that much of the crowd around them was doing. Virgil lost track of time, losing himself in the music and their terrible dancing. After a bit, Virgil felt thirsty. The room was warm and moist, and it had only been a matter of time before Virgil needed a drink.

"Hey Cammy, I'm parched. I'm going to grab some punch. I'll bring you back a cup, too."

[Virgil Jefferson-Davis continued in Prom, Huh?]
The Living:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Prom · Next Topic »
Add Reply