Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: The Cursed Islands - Gwe Tribe Camp
Topic Started: Oct 16 2012, 04:11 PM (1,915 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is the tribe thread for the GWE Tribe. As of the start of the game, the only characters authorized to be here are:

• Virgil Jefferson-Davis (BROtoro)
  • Matt Masters (Aura Master Fox)
  • Zubin Wadia (decoy73)
  • Douglas MacAllister (Skraal)
  • Venice Pennington-Johannes (Un-Persona)
This thread is for day-to-day tasks and talks ONLY. If it's meant to be secret, it doesn't belong here.

You approach the island shown on the map, and Doug is first to spot the site. The sandy beach currently has a white tribe flag. In a weighted bag underneath the flag are your camp supplies: two machetes, five canteens, a water jug, a bag of rice, a first-aid kit, and a map that leads you to a source of water (needs to be boiled) and a lake with a small waterfall.

The forest behind the flag is composed of deciduous trees. In the forest, there are a variety of animals to eat if one were so inclined: there are Andaman wild boar, monitor lizards, turtles, deer, and various rodents. Also there are jackfruit, various tubers, and oomin seeds. Beehives are a source of honey for the particularly adventurous/foolhardy.

There are fish and edible shellfish to find in the ocean, although that might take some work to collect. It is currently 1100 local time. Start making camp, and welcome to Survivor, Gwe.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Virgil couldn't have been more thrilled with the makeup of his tribe. Well, almost. Cammy could have been there, but they would just have to team up later in the game.

First and foremost, the group was, as a whole, remarkably athletic, and it contained the two largest, strongest guys in the game. The group also seemed to be an honest bunch, and it didn't seem like scheming would be a major problem in the Gwe camp.

Virgil didn't want there to be scheming, he didn't want there to be backstabbing, and he didn't want there to be lying. That aspect of Survivor always left Virgil baffled. How could people lie so easily and manipulate so freely? Virgil sure as hell wasn't going to play that way, and he didn't think that any of his tribe mates would either. The sneaky ones got placed on the other tribes. Virgil was pretty confident that Cassidy had decided to majorly stack their tribe in terms of physical ability, and he didn't care to figure out why. It didn't matter to him. Virgil just wanted to be an asset in the challenges and enjoy his time out here. Winning wasn't particularly high on his agenda.

As they approached the camp, Virgil took a quick stock of what they had, and what they needed. Most obviously they needed shelter, and they probably needed fire to boil water for rice and for drinking.

"So guys, anyone have any ideas about how we should get started?" He was the first to speak. On the pitch, Virgil was a leader, and he called the shots as much as one can in rugby. Out here, Virgil was planning on doing the same, and hoping that nobody else decided to fight with him for the leadership role.

Virgil noticed the first-aid kit again, and an idea popped into his head. "Let's check if there is a magnifying glass in the first-aid kit. Our fire problem might solve itself." Virgil didn't know much about outdoor survival, but he did know a few things.
Edited by BROseidon, Oct 16 2012, 10:08 PM.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Venice looked around the island and could feel herself swooning at how beautiful it was. She had to snap herself back into reality when Virgil began to speak.

"So guys, anyone have any ideas about how we should get started?"

Venice looked around her surroundings again. She realized she was the only girl on what was possibly the strongest team on the island. She wasn't the strongest for sure, and she didn't feel like the smartest. In the unfortunate, yet unlikely, event that they were the first team to lose the challenge, she felt like she would be the first off the island.

"Oh geez, I would have rather been exiled if I knew it would have turned out like this."

She needed to show these guys that she was valuable, worth having around. Venice put on a confident face and volunteered to do work.

"I'll go get some water so we won't get thirsty!"

She grabbed the map and the water jug, and with some pep in her step, ran off to the water source. She just hoped she didn't come across any boars or any other scary animal.
Edited by Un-Persona, Oct 18 2012, 11:13 PM.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zubin Wadia was of two minds regarding his new tribe as he tied his sweatshirt around his waist. On the one hand, they seemed like nice people who would be easy to get along with. On the other hand, he was almost certainly the physically weakest member of the tribe. He was the only guy shorter than six feet tall, and he wouldn't be surprised if Venice turned out to be heavier than he was. If he wanted to stay in the game, he was going to have to make himself valuable fast.

He looked at the tribe flag, and the bag containing everything they would need for at least three weeks. There was a basic first aid kit, two machetes, their canteens, a map, and a jug. This was when Virgil spoke up.

"So guys, anyone have any ideas about how we should get started?"

Venice took the map and the jug in order to get water as Virgil suggested they search the first aid kit for a magnifying glass.

"Don't worry about that." Zubin tapped the earpiece of his glasses. "I know how to use these to make fire. I'll go get some wood and set up a fire pit for when Venice gets back." It was true. About four years before on the show, a guy put some water on his glasses as a makeshift magnifying glass. Not as reliable as flint, but better than nothing. Zubin walked to the edge of the forest to go get some tinder and kindling for their fire pit.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Matt looked around the camp. It was his first official day on Survivor. He was a strong guy, so he expected to do well in the challenges, and he was a nice guy, so he expected to make a lot of friends.

In other words, he was dead in the water.

He had seen the show before, so he knew the deal. Nobody wants a physical guy to make the merge because they'll seem like an immunity threat, and nobody wants a nice guy anywhere NEAR the end, because they'll be a threat for jury votes. If Matt wanted to come anywhere close to winning, he would have to do a lot of work in order to keep himself alive.

His tribemates were beginning to divvy up the tasks. Vergil was calling the shots, Venice was going to get water, and Zubin was starting work on the fire. Matt picked a machete out of their supplies and decided to get to work on the only remaining task.

"I'm gonna get to work finding stuff to make a shelter." He called out to his tribemates. The best way to fit in around camp was to help out, after all.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Venice was off before Virgil had even mentioned the magnifying glass, and Zubin already assigned himself to fire making. Shelter and food were the only remaining priorities, and judging by the bag of rice that they had and the looks of the area, food was not going to be a huge concern, at least not for a while. Shelter, on the other hand...

Virgil thought it would be nice to sleep off of the cool sand.

"Hey Matt, I'll help with the shelter. Seems like something we should be able to pound out quickly with a solid plan."

Virgil looked around for a minute. He didn't really know much about building a shelter, but it seemed like it would be hard to build one without a stable tree to use as a pillar.

"Maybe we should try to build it off of one of the trees at the forest's edge? That seems like the best way to do this."
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
Douglas looked around the campsite, appraising his team. Overall, he was pretty satisfied. The group was pretty stacked in terms of physical ability, and there was also a smart guy for the thinking puzzles. Of course, Venice didn't seem to offer too much, but she was a weak link that could be eliminated later. 

For now, Douglas decided that he should begin getting closer to the rest of the group. He figured that if they were closer to him emotionally, they'd be more hesitant to vote him out. Maybe he could assume some sort of leadership role to cement his usefulness.

As Douglas emerged from his thoughts, he realised that the rest of the team had already begun work on the campsite. Much to his chagrin, Virgil had already seemed to have taken on the role as leader, giving orders to the rest of the tribe as the others began working on improving their living conditions.

After a few moments of silently stewing in frustration, he decided to make the best of the situation. If he couldn't be the leader, then the next best thing could be forming a good rapport with him. At the very least, it could open him up to possible preferential treatment in the future.

With this plan in mind, Douglas ambled up the beach to where Virgil and Matt were currently planning a shelter. He waited until Virgil had finished mentioning his idea before he popped in with another that he had seen done a couple times on the show.

"Hey, I was thinking about another way that we could do this. There are two machetes in the bag they gave us, yeah? Maybe we could cut down some small trees to use as a frame for the shelter, and then make a roof out of leaves. The leaves on these trees ate pretty large, so I think that we could probably layer them for use as a roof. Cutting down the trees might be a little difficult, but we're all pretty strong guys and we probably won't have trouble as long as the trees we select aren't too big."

Once Douglas had finished explaining his plan, he stood beside the other two boys, waiting expectantly for their response to his suggestion.
Survival of the Fittest Version 5

Survival of the Fittest Version 7

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It took about half an hour for Zubin to make a fire pit in the right spot, and another twenty minutes to get some good tinder and kindling so there actually could be a fire. Once he had the pit fully set up, he went to the shore, dipped a finger into the water, and placed a drop onto the lens of his glasses. He then quickly walked back over to the new fire pit, and positioned his glasses so the bright spot visible on the tinder was as small as possible. Now all that Zubin had to do was be patient, and wait for the smoke.

After a good seven minutes, Zubin was rewarded with what was, given the circumstances, almost a gift from the heavens. The tinder finally started to smoke and then glow. As Zubin tried his best to keep his hands still, he called out to anyone who could hear him:

"Hey. HEY! I've got something here! I need someone to blow on this!" He started to blow on the now glowing tinder, trying to keep the tinder in a condition to go aflame..

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Douglas had a different idea about how to build the shelter than Virgil. Virgil was cool with this, since he didn't really know what he was doing, and the other boy seemed confident with his plan.

"Yeah, uh, that sounds good. I'll start chopping down some of the trees." Virgil knew that both Douglas and Matt could do the work just as well as him, as they were all remarkably strong. But it was Douglas's plan, so Virgil felt that he should oversee the project.

Virgil grabbed the machete and began chopping down trees and carrying them back to where the others had decided to build the shelter. After some amount of time, he heard Zubin calling.

They had fire. This was huge, since it would let them eat and drink. Zubin needed someone to blow on it. Virgil hurried over and starting blowing, supplying the oxygen to get a fire going.
The Living:

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
An hour later, Venice was back with a full jug and a map that was damped a smidgen at the bottom left corner. The jug was hefty and bloated, and made Venice carry it with both her arms, leaving her teeth to carry the map. She struggled and wobbled, but she made an effort to walk all the way back. There was no way in hell she was just going to be "the useless chick" in this island. It wasn't as easy as she thought it would though.

"Jeezus, who knew water could be so heavy?"

She saw and smelled a little smoke, and almost dropped the water when she realized the men had got a fire going. Now that they had a fire, they could drink the water she had brought. She laid the jug and map next to a tree and jogged to the fire pit.

Venice saw that Zubin and Virgil were already blowing on the fire, and not wanting to accidentally mess them up, made tiny tip-toe hops excitedly and watched like an excited puppy, not realizing she was embarrassing herself on live TV.

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Day 3...

[I.C.]

"Hey guys, we have treemail! And it's immunity!"

"With Immunity on the line
You'll compete in this Boulder Run
For one unlucky contestant
This game will end the fun."

[OOC]

This immunity challenge will be based off of strength, constitution, and for two other contestants dexterity and intelligence as well. All I need from each tribe is who will be competitors in the latter category. Make sure to send them to me or announce it in the tribe threads once you decide, by 6pm Monday EDT at the very latest.

Any questions, make sure to PM me.
Edited by Brackie, Oct 28 2012, 01:35 AM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As the group returned from the immunity challenge, Virgil was ecstatic.

They had managed to pull out a win, which meant that they had a tarp. They had already made fire, so the flint just made their lives easier. The early access to water had probably helped them in their victory.

More relevant to Virgil was that they were not going to tribal council. Virgil knew that he would have a rough time with the strategizing aspect of the game. He just wasn't a great liar, nor did he enjoy being deceitful. Virgil knew that winning challenges would be the only guaranteed way for him to advance in the game. He'd just have to hope that he had built strong relationships with people when he wasn't safe from the vote, since he wasn't going to be staying around by any machinations.

Once the group had returned from camp, Virgil was the first to speak.

"So, who wants to help me set up the tarp?"
The Living:

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zubin was of two minds about their come-from-behind victory in the challenge. On the one hand, the tribe was safe from the vote this round, meaning that he could solidify his place in the tribe. On the other hand, HOLY SHIT THEY HAD A TARP I CAN FEEL THE SEXY DRYNESS!!! So yeah, Zubin was feeling pretty good about the win. On top of that, he seemed to be getting on pretty good with his tribe and his chances of staying for the time being seemed pretty high.

"So, who wants to help me set up the tarp?" Virgil spoke up with an idea for the tarp they had just won.

"Ceremonial tarp set-up? Count me in."

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Day 4...

The sky has turned from a healthy blue to an ominously dark grey. Most of the animals in the forest behind camp have made themselves scarce. While it is not raining yet, the tides are getting higher as the day goes on, and the wind is starting to pick up.

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Venice bones quaked as the wind got stronger. As the boys set up the tarp her and her teeth chattered, she tried to boil some water. She hovered her hands near the fire in an attempt to get warm. Her hands started to feel less numb, and her toes began to warm as well as she put them closer to the pit. Venice again looked at the gray sky, debating if the rain would would ruin the water.

As the water finished boiling, she needed to wait for it to cool down in order for it to be drinkable. Venice wanted to get something to drink before she went to bed, she was starting to feel dehydrated.

"You guys better get something to drink before it starts raining!"

After drinking the last drop from her bottle, she hid under the newly tarped shelter and tried to preserve warmth.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply