Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: The Cursed Islands - Shak-Ti Tribe Camp
Topic Started: Oct 16 2012, 04:10 PM (2,170 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is the tribe thread for the SHAK-TI Tribe. As of the start of the game, the only characters authorized to be here are:

• Jaquilyn Locke (LocoBroJoe)
  • David Zimmer (Bikriki)
  • Francis St. Ledger (Pippin)
  • Sharon Austin (jimmydalad)
  • Joachim Lovelace (Bikriki)
This thread is for day-to-day tasks and talks ONLY. If it's meant to be secret, it doesn't belong here.

You approach the island shown on the map, and Jaquilyn is first to spot the site. The sandy beach currently has a green tribe flag. In a weighted bag underneath the flag are your camp supplies: two machetes, five canteens, a water jug, a bag of rice, a first-aid kit, and a map that leads you to a source of water (needs to be boiled).

The forest behind the flag is composed of deciduous trees. In the forest, there are a variety of animals to eat if one were so inclined: there are Andaman wild boar, monitor lizards, turtles, deer, and various rodents. Also there are jackfruit, various tubers, and oomin seeds. Beehives are a source of honey for the particularly adventurous/foolhardy.

There are fish and edible shellfish to find in the ocean, although that might take some work to collect. It is currently 1100 local time. Start making camp, and welcome to Survivor, Shak-Ti.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The tall boy nearly plumbed into the water as he exited the boat. Fortunaly, a blond young man came and helped him to exit safely. A quick expression of gratitude was heard, and both boys eventually stood on the island. They stood there for a few seconds, taking a look at the local scenery. One broke the silence.

"Our tribe's name is quite funny, considering the male-to-female ratio," Joachim said, taking a quick grasp at David's long hair before looking in his eyes. In this moment, he thought it was funny that he was nearly half a foot taller, but the other one looked much stronger.

David needed some moments to grasp what Joachim said. Tilting his head, he signalized his confusion. Fortunaly for him, Joachim explained his statement right away:

"You see, the Shakti is the so called female and ancient power in hinduistic mythology. One could say that every female goddess is an aspect of "Shakti"."

A sigh escaped the German boy. Walking a few feet towards the island, he muttered something and turned around. Taking a good look at his tribe, he began to express his hope:

"I am not one of these team-players. Nor am I good with this... "Survivor" thing. So I am just going to be the passive one and make what you say, eh?"

These words were understandable, David felt it was a good idea to let the guys familiar with this show running the tribe. With the face towards his tribe mates, he openly agreed with Joachim, and then asked who of the three people knew something about Survivor, hoping to find the one perfectly familiar with Survivor.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Chuckling to herself as she watched the kid plumb the water, Sharon carefully exited the water, making sure she didn't drown in it due to her less than ideal height. Luckily, the water wasn't too deep and she made her way onto the beach. She did find the place to be pretty, but now really wasn't the time to be taking in the scenery. They had other pressing issues, like trying to build a shelter and get fire started.

Hearing the kid talking about the origins of Shak-Ti, Sharon could only roll her eyes. She knew what the origins of the name was as well, but she didn't really see the point in talking about it all willy-nilly. It was just showing off at this point. Right now, Sharon was picking her targets and seeing who she should keep next to her. If she was planning to go far in this game, she would need to pick her allies well.

It was then that the German kid, Joachim, started talking about how he wasn't a team player and was going to play the passive game. At first, Sharon couldn't believe her ears. She blinked in shock for a moment, and then gave a shrug. One thing was clear to her at that moment, Joachim was a complete and utter idiot. He was also part of the Book Club so she loosely knew him, but she never pursued a greater relationship than that.

"Whatever floats your boat." Sharon stated matter-of-factly as she turned to the rest of her tribe. "We might as well get started on building the shelter and collecting food. If we're going to survive, we're probably going to be needing those things. Jaquilyn and I will go look for food on the island while you three get started building the shelter. Does that sound good to you guys?" Sharon asked the others, a serious look on her face as she did so.
Version 5

Version 7

Artsy Stuff by Other People

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Still standing on the boat, Francis shook his head in mild irritation as Joachim almost face-planted straight into the water. Luckily, David was on hand to help the guy up, but it was not a good start to this whole thing, especially for Jo. Francis knew a little about Survivor-the clue was in the name, after all-but the strategic planning ahead and forming of alliances was lost on him. Right now, if his hand was forced, Jo was looking like the most likely target for elimination. It was shame; the guy seemed nice enough, but also as if a stiff breeze would snap him in half.

Francis exited the boat with much more care and precision than Joachim, using his agility to his advantage. Following Sharon onto the beach, Francis took a look around the area he guessed was going to be their camp. There was a dark green flag with a couple of bags underneath, and behind that, a lush forest in a similar green colour. Francis had to admit, it was quite a sight. He was sure that after a couple of weeks here, though, hed quickly grow sick of the sight of it.

David and Joachim seemed to be discussing the name of the tribe, so Francis took the opportunity to take a look at his tribemates. Jaquilyn was one of the many members of the popular crowd he disliked thanks to her generally unpleasant attitude. He knew little of Sharon, and Joachim had already shown he wasnt exactly suited to this sorta thing. Right now, David seemed to be either Francis biggest threat, or best chance at an ally. The latter was much more preferable.

As if to further Francis thoughts about him, Joachim suddenly mentioned that he wasnt a team player, and was just going to play the passive game. Francis didnt think that sounded like the greatest plan for this game, but whatever helped him get further was fine by him. He did feel rather shitty about all the negative thoughts he was having about Joachim, but he reminded himself that this was all just a game. Back in Aurora, everything would be cool; no feelings from the game would be reflected back at school.

Sharon was next to speak up, and she seemed to be trying to take charge of the tribe. Shed already designated jobs to everyone; Francis was going to be building the shelter, apparently. Personally, Francis thought hed do a pretty good job as leader, but he okay with seeing how Sharon did. If she was a good leader, then great! If not, Francis would try and take the lead himself. It would all be okay.

Sure thing. Sounds fine to me. Francis replied to Sharon, before looking at David and Joachim. Alright then, lets get started. Guessin we should go get some wood first, huh? S there an axe or something in one of those bags?
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Our tribe's name is quite funny, considering the male-to-female ratio."

Jaquilyn's mind raced to find the pun. She repeated the name in her mind mover and over looking for an innuendo, but could muster up nothing.

""You see, the Shakti is the so called female and ancient power in hinduistic mythology. One could say that every female goddess is an aspect of 'Shakti'."

BORED. She picked up a canteen and shook it, only to hear it wiff through the air, clearly empty.

"I am not one of these team-players. Nor am I good with this... "Survivor" thing. So I am just going to be the passive one and make what you say, eh?"

She slung the canteen under her shoulder, not looking at her tribemates yet. She'd socialize when she had to. Still examining camp, she picked up a machete, turning it over in her hand several times, feeling ready to hunt.

"Jaquilyn and I will go look for food on the island while you three get started building the shelter. Does that sound good to you guys?"

Jaquilyn's eyebrows raised.

Sure thing. Sounds fine to me.

Jaquilyn's expression easily translated to, "are you fucking kidding me?"

The machete dropped to the ground, the thud of it sounding like disappointment and disdain. She kneeled over the basket and removed it's contents, just now realizing that they were literally on their own in the wild. She tucked the water jug under her arm and half tossed, half hurled the basket towards Sharon.

She collected herself.

"S'go. I'll follow you."
Edited by umop-ap!sdn, Oct 17 2012, 02:07 AM.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
...damn

Just after a few seconds, Joachim realized that he made a complete fool out of himself. A most unpleasant feeling arouse in him. It would have been a catastrophe if Joachim was the first one to be voted out. His concerns were disturbed the moment Sharon began to speak. Appearantly, she decided to be the leader. Just as she was finished with assigning tasks, Joachim got an idea.

Someone who is helpful will not be voted out, right?

For him, the course of action was clear. Play "passive", keep a low profile, and don't pose a threat. A quick glance on one of the girls faces quickly set this decision in stone, it appears that some people already have different targets.

"Alright then, let's get started. Guessin' we should go get some wood first, huh? 'S there an axe or something in one of those bags?"

"Yeah, sounds like a good plan." With steady feet, Joachim went to the green flag. Kneeling down, he touched the bag for a few seconds before attempting to open it.

-----------------------------------------------

Sharon claimed her role as the leader very quickly. This irritated David briefly, making him feel uncomfortable. Suddenly, a switch was pressed in his brain. That woman is probably going to cause conflict. Something David wanted to avoid on this early stage. Fortunaly for him, the other people seemed to be nicer. Including Joachim's stated passivness.

After Francis proposed to try and find axes in the bag, David went to the object along with Joachim. He seemed to struggle for a while, but before David could intervene, he already opened the bag.

"Oh my," Joachim said upon looking at the contents of the bag. The shorter boy leaned over Joachim to take a look too, and was not very pleases to see that the bag did not contained any axes.

Turning to Francis, he said:

"Hmm... look here, no axes. Seems like we're must find some lose wood."
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
While everyone seemed to be fine with it, the look on Jaquilyn's face clearly stated that she thought her idea was bullshit. However, Sharon pretended to pay it no heed as she chucked the basket at her. Sharon managed to catch it, but stumbled a little as she threw it hard. It seemed as if Jaquilyn wanted to throw the basket at her head but she couldn't get angry. She needed to keep calm. Take deep breaths.

Sharon stood up as she looked at what the other three were doing. Francis asked if there was an axe with them. Sharon had to prevent herself from rolling her eyes and making a snarky comment about how unreasonable it would be to give them an axe. Come on, when does anyone get an axe on Survivor of all things? It's freaking ridiculous.

"Good, since everyone's in agreement, let's go." Sharon said to Jaquilyn as she turned towards the forest and began walking in the direction of the trees. Hopefully she could rely on the guys building a decent shelter by the time they got back. They were guys, they were decently strong and if they weren't completely retarded, they should be able to build a shelter by the time they found some food in the forest.

Hopefully, Jaquilyn wouldn't completely freak out during their time at camp. But at the same time, it might be a good thing if Jaquilyn lost her shit in the camp. That way, a lot of heat would be taken off Sharon and they would be more preoccupied with eliminating her rather than Sharon. That sounded like a good idea. However, she wasn't going to aggravate her yet. She had to wait for the right time.

((In the forest, things aren't going to be posted here as whatever happens in the forest, stays in the forest.))
Edited by jimmydalad, Oct 18 2012, 04:17 AM.
Version 5

Version 7

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jaquilyn returned within half an hour, bringing a basket of fruit with her. It was enough for a meal, and Sharon would probably bring back just a little bit more to look more useful than her.

She took a deep breath. After having left with Sharon in clearly a bad mood, proceeding to vent would make her out to be the villain. It wasn't her fault if the two girls didn't get along, and it wasn't her fault if forced friendship seemed forced.

"Hey boys, I brought back lunch! How is the fort coming along? You guys need any help?"

Maybe now she could be in her real element. Just one of the guys, proving she could hang with them. Maybe she could recover from the woods and restart on the right foot.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[Excuse me for skipping you, pippin. I think it is important to keep the story going while you're away]

[Also,the time is 1130-ish, right? Yeah, will do]

The construction was surprisingly well-built, given that the only knowledge of building things like these Joachim had were from some stories Timothy told him. David went into the forest with a machete, and regularly returned with wood. At the moment, the shelter already had its four main pillars, supported by standing in a hole, aswell as being surrounded by stones. Nearby, one could find a large piece of wood, presumably a fallen tree. Joachim tried to cut it in two parts with the machete, but failed doing so. They were supposed to be the frame for the roof. Upon looking at the things they already had, he also noticed the growing amount of branches David brought along with him. He said they were for the floor, but Joachim was content with sleeping on the sand. Something probably more comfortable than this collection of wood.

"Hey boys, I brought back lunch! How is the fort coming along? You guys need any help?"

A female voice was heard. Joachim turned around to see who it was. Greeting back, he already thought about the next steps. Staring absent-mindly at the forest for a few seconds, Joachim realized that he'll need some leafs or something similiar as a roof. Knowing that he is useless at doing the hard work, he asked Jaquilyn:

"Do you see that big piece of wood over there? It is very long and thick, and if we cut it in half, we already have a good start for our rooftop."

The boy pointed at said wood, and then at the forest.

"While David is trying to find another one of this large things, could you please try and cut that one in two parts? In the meantime, I could find some vines. For fixating the frame work, and the rooftop."

Without waiting for her answer, Joachim stepped into the forest.
Edited by Riki, Oct 19 2012, 01:31 PM.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jaquilyn nodded at Jo's suggestion. Feeling confused as to why he'd asked a girl to cut a tree in half for him, she clicked her tongue and positioned herself over the door. She turned back to ask Joachim where exactly she should cut it, but he was disappearing into the woods.

The woods where Sharon dwelled. Maybe somebody else was up for talking to her. Jaquilyn let out a slight laugh as he vanished into the brush. She looked back at the trunk she was to cut and placed the blade against it.

It raised over her head and slammed down. She kept on hacking, feeling the stress melt away. Her left hand stayed very far away from her striking point. Her aim wasn't great, but she was making progress little by little. The endorphins that filled her head slowly eased her frustration.

She rolled the log and continued to chop at the wood. Her eyes glancing around to see if any conversation was starting up at all. She'd probably missed some strategic talk while she was gone, and there was probably more talk going on in the woods now.

"Anything happen while I was gone?"

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Francis shook his head in annoyance as David informed him that there were no axes. Damn it. That would make things much harder than necessary. He guessed the machetes could be used for a similar purpose, but they just wouldnt work as well. It would take more effort using them, which would make them more tired than necessary, which would make them worse at challenges.

Sharon and Jaquilyn both went into the forest, leaving the three boys on their own at camp. Right then. It was time to get to work on the shelter, by any means possible. Francis didnt have too much knowledge about building shelters of any sort, and he knew it was probably a lot harder than it sounded. But then again, he guessed they did it on every season of Survivor, so it couldnt be that hard, could it?

David and Jo had both taken machetes, so Francis had busied himself by carrying the loose items to the shelters, such as branches and logs, as well as placing the heavy stones round the four pillars that formed the skeleton of their shelter. It was looking pretty good so far, even if Francis said so himself.

After about half an hour, Jaq returned from the forest, holding a basket of fruit. Francis grinned at the sight; it wasnt his first choice of food right now, but give a week or so and he knew hed be thankful for it, especially seeing as he was so thin.

Joachim was the next person to venture into the forest, but not before asking Jaquilyn to chop a rather large log in half. Francis frowned a little; he wasnt too sure why Jo had asked Jaq and not him. Whatever. Didnt matter in the long run, so long as they actually got the shelter done. Francis looked closely at the shelter for a while, to see what the most important thing they needed next was. He was about to head into the forest himself, when Jaq spoke up, asking if anything had happened whilst she was gone. Francis shrugged before speaking.

Nah, not much really. We were just focused on buildin the shelter. Francis walked over to Jaq and lowered his voice so that only she could really hear. I think we worked faster without somebody micromanagin us the whole time. A wry smile appeared on Francis face, before he pointed at the log Jaq was attempting to cut.

You need any help with that? I reckon wed get done faster with two people.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Sharon emerged from the woods, carrying a lot more fruit than Jaquilyn was. She couldn't believe the girl just ditched her while she was searching for food. She had such a nerve. However, she had appeared to be more useful than Jaquilyn due to her bringing back more food and therefore, allowing her to appear to be more of an asset than her. In a way, she was. After all, she was smarter than Jaquilyn. She could survive out here for longer if she needed to. What was physical prowess good for if there wasn't smarts to back it up?

"I'm back people!" Sharon called out as she placed the food next to the what seemed to be the basis of the shelter. She rubbed a bit of sweat from her forehead as carrying all of that fruit was exhausting. Not only did she spend more time in the forest, she also brought back more food than her partner, who was supposed to be helping her out. It seriously annoyed her when she just left but she had to keep calm.

"I managed to find and bring back a lot of fruit, unlike some people." Sharon continued to say, putting emphasis on the last part and shooting Jaquilyn a fleeting disapproving look before turning back to the rest of her group. She wasn't going to let her go off completely unscathed.

"You need some help around the place? Maybe we can get a fire started with my glasses? It might take some time though." Sharon said to the rest of the tribe as she looked around to see whether or not she can find some kindling as well as timber and make a fire pit. She needed to be useful, and she doubted she would be able to carry all those logs around.

"Unless you need my help elsewhere of course." She then added, not wanting to take on too much of a leadership role, but it seemed as if that was too late. Maybe she could backpedal out of the position, but she doubted it. She didn't know whether it was good that she was the leader, or if it was bad that she was a prime target for elimination. She hoped it was the former.
Version 5

Version 7

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
You need any help with that? I reckon wed get done faster with two people.

Jaquilyn thanked and smiled at Francis's kind offer to help her. She moved over for him so there would be space. Handing him the machete, she indicated what she was doing exactly.

It wasn't a two person job, only one person could swing a machete at a time. Jaquilyn's pride nearly made her resist his offer to help.

"Here, I'll turn it while you chop. We're just about through it, but I think it's strongest at it's core."

Rejecting help was rude. It was just a matter of fact, and Jaquilyn was starting to get tired anyway.

"I'm back people"

Oh God. She was back. And she was happy, so she'd probably gotten what she wanted from Joachim.

"I managed to find and bring back a lot of fruit, unlike some people."

Jaquilyn let out a laugh. Literally, just as she'd expected. Bossy was back, and she was trying to throw Jaquilyn under the bus. She looked up from the huge log she was cutting, a task no slacker would have taken on.

"I'd totally love to have a bitch fight right now, but I'm busy working my ass off."

Picking fruit was pansy work, and Jaquilyn felt like a frail wallflower taking on such a menial task while the guys made shelter. Here she was being productive, and in the company of likable people.

"Go ahead and start a fire though. I'll build you a little kitchen too, but don't let me catch you out of it."

A fragile thing like Sharon really shouldn't leave the confides of a kitchen. Seeing as she was kilometers away from her father or a police officer, she was unsafe.

She looked at the opposing fruit stockpile. Sure, there was a little more, but it was the same thing. If Sharon had come back with an animal or something, Jaquilyn would have been impressed, but this was just a petty attempt at out performing her.

Jaquilyn had made her points. If Sharon had anymore to say, she'd get smacked down again. If anybody els had anything to say, the line in the sand had been drawn.

And there were two piles of fruit that every member of camp would have to pick from whenever they ate.
Edited by umop-ap!sdn, Oct 22 2012, 01:30 AM.

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Heavy... so heavy...

The large piece of wood was surprisingly difficult to handle. Due to its weight, David only managed to drag it behind. It took minutes to transport it, but he eventually arrived at camp. He saw everyone minus Joachim standing there. It appeared that Jaquilyn and Sharon managed to collect enough food, maybe too much, and Francis and Jaquilyn were working on the first big trunk. David smiled. It looked like things were running well.

"I managed to find and bring back a lot of fruit, unlike some people."

Uh-Oh, not good.

There was one thing David certainly doesn't want. A bitch fight. It would be unproductive and would ruin the fun for everyone. For David, it was clear that he had to mediate soon, or else a serious fight could happen. As they both talked about making a fire, David put the log a few feet next to the first one and loudly greeted his tribe mates.

" 'lo everybody! Where's Joachim? Wasn't he supposed to build a shelter with you all?"
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Day 3...

[I.C.]

"Hey guys, we have treemail! And it's immunity!"

"With Immunity on the line
You'll compete in this Boulder Run
For one unlucky contestant
This game will end the fun."

[OOC]

This immunity challenge will be based off of strength, constitution, and for two other contestants dexterity and intelligence as well. All I need from each tribe is who will be competitors in the latter category. Make sure to send them to me or announce it in the tribe threads once you decide, by 6pm Monday EDT at the very latest.

Any questions, make sure to PM me.
Edited by Brackie, Oct 28 2012, 01:35 AM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply