Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: The Cursed Islands - Varna Tribe Camp
Topic Started: Oct 16 2012, 04:09 PM (1,934 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is the tribe thread for the VARNA Tribe. As of the start of the game, the only characters authorized to be here are:

• Cammy Davidson (jimmydalad)
  • Kat Tolstoff (decoy73)
  • Lana Torres (KamiKaze)
  • Cassandra Black (BROtoro)
  • Miranda Millers (KamiKaze)
This thread is for day-to-day tasks and talks ONLY. If it's meant to be secret, it doesn't belong here.

You approach the island shown on the map and disembark from your boat. Your map leads you a ways inland, into the deciduous forest. Kat is first to spot the site. There is a red tribe flag in the midst of the vegetation. In a weighted bag underneath the flag are your camp supplies: two machetes, five canteens, a water jug, a bag of rice, a first-aid kit, and a map that leads you to a source of water (needs to be boiled).

In the forest, there are a variety of animals to eat if one were so inclined: there are Andaman wild boar, monitor lizards, turtles, deer, and various rodents. Also there are jackfruit, various tubers, and oomin seeds. Beehives are a source of honey for the particularly adventurous/foolhardy.

There are fish and edible shellfish to find in the ocean, although that might take some work to collect. It is currently 1100 local time. Start making camp, and welcome to Survivor, Varna.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Cammy was grinning widely as she and her crew arrived at the camp. She was on Survivor! This was such an awesome experience and she looked forward to playing the game. The fact that she got an awesome tribe with a lot of her tribe mates being her friends just made the experience more awesome. She knew they were going to do well. After all, nearly all the girls on her tribe were sportswomen and Cammy especially was one of the fastest girls in her school. They had the physical challenges in the bag.

Jumping off the boat, she landed on the shore and turned to her tribe mates. Being the only full-female tribe on the group, they had a lot to prove. After all, they were the girl power tribe of the game and Cammy realized that they had to do well in order to stay alive. If they could keep strong and keep together to end, they can make it to the final five at the very least. That would be really cool. However, that probably wouldn't happen. She sort of wished that Virgil was in her tribe, but she didn't mind that much. He was a strong person. He would stay in the game.

"So girls, what do you guys wanna do now?" Cammy asked the group as she looked around the rest of the camp. The place where they were was so pretty, especially the forest they were next to. Her eyes flitted around the place as she took in all the sights, awestruck. She couldn't even believe that a place like this existed. The fact they got to live here for the next month or so? It sounded like a really fun idea. It would be like camping!

"We probably should get building the shelter and stuff. What do you girls wanna do? I really don't mind." Cammy continued to ask her tribe as she sat down on the beach, not caring that her clothes got sandy. Feeling a little hot, she took off her hoodie top and wrapped it around her waist in an attempt to make herself comfortable. She didn't want to suffer from overheating and she was starting to wonder whether or not it was a good idea to bring her hoodie in the first place. It seemed like it was going to be more of a hindrance in the long run.
Version 5

Version 7

Artsy Stuff by Other People

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[OOC note: Cassandra's last name is "Black," not "Davis." It must have gotten mixed up with Virgil somewhere]

While Cassandra appeared pleasant enough on the outside, she was internally kicking herself. Cassidy had not split the tribes up in a way that was helpful to her: She got put on a tribe with four people who were all very athletic and well-liked. Cassandra was hoping that they wouldn't have to go to tribal for a while, because that would mean trouble for her.

Nevertheless, Cassandra was plotting. How could she best infiltrate this group and build herself a solid position? Cammy was not going to be an easy person to work against early, since everybody loved Cammy. Kat played basketball, so Cassandra felt she could maybe use that shared interest to her advantage. Lana did have her hearing disorder, and Miranda was known for being a bit of a bitch. Cassandra felt that trying to get one of those two to divert attention onto themselves early would be her most fruitful course of action.

When Cammy asked about what they should do, Cassandra took a quick glance at the provisions left for them. As she was doing this, she began speaking. "We definitely need shelter, fire, and food. Maybe three people work on shelter, one on fire, and one on food?" Something caught Cassandra's eye.

"The med-kit. There might be a magnifying glass in there that we could use to start fire. I'll go check."
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lana Torres took off her jacket, feeling the heat beat down on her like a fist.

Well, she managed to get roped into this by twists and turns of fate. Might as well make it count. She hadn't seen too much Survivor; she wasn't a big reality TV fan. But she'd seen a few episodes here and there. And really, it wasn't a bad experience, being here. Who didn't want to be on a reality TV show? No one, actually. Sure, they could get silly and ridiculous, but she was pretty sure that was the point of reality TV.

Tying it around her waist and securing it with a firm tug, she stared up at Cammy, who was doing a similar action. Cammy Davidson, she remembered, was an insanely good member of the track team. She was also insanely peppy. Right now she was asking about... oh, shelter. That's right; they had to make it.

Lana looked around at her team mates.

Cammy.

Kat Tolstoff. Wasn't she that popular basketball star? Wasn't she friends with Millers?

On that note, Miranda Millers. Yeah, not much of a comment. Millers seemed kind of... well, she wasn't the nicest person around certainly.

And finally, Cassandra Black. Lana... didn't really know her that well, to be honest. She kind of came off as the studious type, based on the few glimpses of her she'd seen.

For the first time, Lana realized that their group was all female. Funny how that worked. Well, she guessed that it was time to show the other tribes the meaning of girl power.

And with that, Lana smiled.

Miranda Millers' arms were crossed, looking at the group in front of her.

Summary: Kat was a godsend and a lucky moment, Cammy could go to hell, and the other two... who were they again? Oh, right, the wrestling team captain and... Cassandra.

Long version: Miranda didn't like Cammy too much. Too peppy. And to be honest, she had always been a little jealous over how Cammy was able to be such a good track star. Seriously, was she taking steroids or something? Well, she must be on something, since she seemed so... happy about everything. Needless to say, Miranda was both envious and weirded out when it came to her.

Kat, thank god Kat was here. Really. It was so lucky they ended up in the same Tribe. The thoughts of an alliance still bubbled in her mind. It almost made up for having to deal with Cammy for a while, even! Seriously. She still was beaming a little inside at that.

The other two, Lana and Cassandra? Wasn't Lana deaf or something like that? But wasn't she also somewhat strong at least? Cassandra, meanwhile, came off as uptight based on what she knew of her. She really had no idea if they'd be in any way competent. Would they?

Cammy, of course, was practically bouncing in place once Kat had spotted the camp and they had made their way over. Soon enough, it turned to a discussion of shelter. Miranda agreed, shelter was important, though... she felt dumb for thinking this, but how would they get shelter up? She'd seen Survivor with some of her friends, certainly, but she was currently blanking on how to make a shelter. Wait, she remembered a bit now. First you make a frame, then you put leaves or something over them. Miranda wasn't particularly clear on this, but she could always ask the others, right?

"Well, yeah. Shelter's kind of important", Miranda said, a small smile forming on her face.

Cassandra began to suggest everyone split off; three on shelter, one on fire, and one for food. Something about magnifying glasses.

"Would that work, though?" she asked. "I know it works on ants. But does it work on wood?"
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((OOC: Cassandra's surname has been fixed. Also to clarify, the camp is well inside the forest.))

If there was one good thing about Kat's position, it ws that she was on the same tribe as Miranda. It would be stupid of them not to be in an alliance. Then there were the other three. There was Lana, who was on the wresling team and strong as hell; Cammy, who was some sort of track star as far from what Miranda told her, and Cassandra, whom Kat didn't really know.

As soon as Kat noticed the tribe flag, discussion turned to what was necessary - food, shelter, and fire. Cassandra suggested that they split up, three on shelter, one for fire, one for food, while noting that the first aid kit might have a magnifying glass.

"Couldn't tell you. I've never really used one." Kat looked up at the cover. It didn't even seem like such a thing would work, given the fact that they were in the forest. Anyways, Kat had to get some sort of alliance going.

"The whole shelter thing sounds good, though," Kat replied as she picked up a canteen and shook it. Empty. "I'll start up with Miranda and Lana. How does that sound?"

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Cammy nodded her head at each of the girls' suggestions and was prett much fine with any of them being the leader. In particular, Cassandra seemed to be the one calling the shots to some extent, assigning them roles as well as being the one who suggested what they had to do. She didn't mind following someone. It certainly made life easier if she wasn't the one calling the shots. She knew she wasn't the best leader, hence why she didn't run for leader of the track team.

"If Kat, Lana and Miranda are doing the shelter, I might as well be the one to get food." Cammy interjected as she did not want to get stuck making a fire, mostly because she didn't have the foggiest idea about how she was going to make a fire in the first place. Cassandra said something about a magnifying glass, but it escaped her.

"That means Cassandra will make the fire, if you're cool with that." She continued to say to the others, making an aside to Cassandra as if asking for her permission. Cammy was not going to exclude her just because she didn't do sports. She was going to be inclusive and let her hang with the rest of them with relative ease. Cammy personally wasn't worried about going to tribal council as of yet. After all, they were the strong tribe.

Cammy stood up at this point and walked to the edge of their camp, picking up a basket on her way out and turning to face her tribe as she made preparations to leave. She took her hoodie with her, deciding she could use it as a placeholder so she couldn't get lost. That would really suck.

"I'm going to go now. See you guys soon!" She exclaimed as she went into the forest, aiming to try to get as much food as possible.
Version 5

Version 7

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Day 3...

[I.C.]

"Hey guys, we have treemail! And it's immunity!"

"With Immunity on the line
You'll compete in this Boulder Run
For one unlucky contestant
This game will end the fun."

[OOC]

This immunity challenge will be based off of strength, constitution, and for two other contestants dexterity and intelligence as well. All I need from each tribe is who will be competitors in the latter category. Make sure to send them to me or announce it in the tribe threads once you decide, by 6pm Monday EDT at the very latest.

Any questions, make sure to PM me.
Edited by Brackie, Oct 28 2012, 01:35 AM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank god they somehow didn't get last.

Cassandra hadn't managed to build great relations on her tribe. After idiotically getting herself assigned to make fire (to no avail), she just wasn't in the best spot with her tribe. That didn't end up mattering, though, as they had gotten second. Somehow. They, as a group, barely had any right to avoid last, given how weak the individual performance Miranda had been. That would at least give her something to leverage going forward.

As they returned to camp, Cassandra figured that they should start on fire as quickly as possible. Getting water and rice was going to help them tremendously going forward.

"Hey, who wants to make the first fire?"
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Cammy was relieved to say the very least. They were doing so badly in the immunity challenge and they got really lucky. She was annoyed by the fact that Miranda didn't contribute at all. What the hell was that girl's problem? She was on Survivor and if they had lost, she would have most certainly been voted off. However, being angry at her wasn't going to get her anywhere. She had to look on the bright side, after all, they got a fire making kit!

"I might as well volunteer to get the fire started." Cammy said as she got the fire making kit and began to open it. Cammy saw something in the kit that caused her to momentarily act surprised, but she quickly calmed down and looked a bit dumbly at the kit, not really sure how to operate it. She didn't understand how to use it. What was she supposed to do?

"Hey, does this thing come with instructions?" Cammy asked the others as she tried to work out how to operate it, to no avail.
Edited by jimmydalad, Nov 5 2012, 02:54 AM.
Version 5

Version 7

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Miranda's facial features seemed to had been glazed over with an odd expression.

Well, what did they want her to do, then? She tried her hardest, didn't she? And yet... her performance was weak. She was admittedly a little confused by the challenge at first, but she wasn't... you know, bad. That she knew. But here they were. Even if they got in second place, there was still that line travelling in and out of her head.

"Miranda's not doing anything for her tribe!"

Yeah, that.

That was what made Miranda feel uncomfortable.

Miranda wasn't really the competitive sort most of the time. What she was, though, was the perfectionist sort. If anyone else acted the way she'd been acting, she would have probably flipped. And now she was flipping at herself.

They won second place, didn't they? But then, she couldn't help but look at her tribe mates. They were judging her, weren't they? They seemed more focused on the fire, but she could feel the scorn. Maybe she was exaggerating a bit, but you know. Miranda didn't do so well with even perceived failure or rejection. It was a good thing they had immunity; she probably would have been a goner otherwise.

For the moment, she was completely quiet.

Lana came back in good spirits.

They had won second place. That wasn't so bad, actually. Sure, they didn't have a tarp, but what they did have was immunity and a fire making kit. Despite the weak performance at the start, they got a pretty good result. If it did rain, they could come up with something to make their lives a little better, yes? Possibly reinforcing the shelter a bit, or something like that. It wasn't so bad, in Lana's opinion. No one in their group was going home tonight, and they had much more easy access to fire.

Though, if anyone had to be voted off tonight, it had to be Millers. Seriously, Millers? What was she even doing back there? Lana had no idea. Did she want to know? Luckily for her, she had enough time to redeem herself before Tribal Council, since, after all, they had immunity. For her sake, she hoped that she would do something to help.

Of course, once they got back they discussed making the fire. Cammy, of course, jumped at the opportunity. For a beat, she had opened the container, only to frown as if she had found something she didn't get.

Oh. She didn't know, did she?

"Want help?", Lana asked, peering to get a look at the kit herself. "I don't know much about fire, but..."

Lana barely knew anything about fire-making, actually. But really, it could be easier if multiple people worked on it and figured it out.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

BROseidon
Member Avatar
Fata viam invenient
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Cammy needed help with the fire. Cassandra had a vague idea of what needed to be done, but wasn't sure how well she'd be able to deliver. Striking the flint wasn't exactly her sort of thing.

"Um, let me take a look at what we have." Cassandra walked up to Cammy, who was holding the kit, and she peered inside.

Flint, tinder, coconut husk, and some sort of oil. Cassandra felt like she knew what to do.

"I think we won't need that oil, and we might burn ourselves if we aren't careful with it. I think we need to strike the flint with the machete and get a spark to ignite some coconut husk, which we can use to ignite the tinder and eventually build up to burning the wood. That said, I don't think that I'm the person that should be doing the striking. I'm not that comfortable with knives."

As Cassandra was saying this, she was trying to figure out how to get people by themselves. She'd noticed that Miranda was friendly with Kat and standoffish with Cammy, and that was a divide that she could use to further herself in the game. Cassandra didn't know where Lana stood, so talking to her would be of the utmost importance.

"Um, I can go collect firewood for us to burn. Anyone want to come with me?" Hopefully Lana would take the bait, but getting one on one time with anyone was valuable at this point.
Edited by BROseidon, Nov 5 2012, 10:55 PM.
The Living:

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Cammy listened to what Cassandra had to say, having no clue about what she was saying half the time. She was relatively smart, but she was completely lost when it came to things like making fires and camping. She never really went camping before.

She explained the instructions to the group and one thing became clear to her. There was no way in hell that she would ever start a fire. She put her hands in her pockets as she stood up and causally walked away from the fire making kit.

It was then that Cassandra offered to go collect firewood and wanted people to go with her. Almost immediately, Cammy went to her side, putting on a wide grin.

"I'll go with you Cassie. I'm sure Miranda and the others would be able to build a fire without us anyways." Cammy said happily as she took Cassandra's hand and began to drag her into the woods. She wasn't in any danger yet of being voted off, so she was pleased. In any case, there was things she wanted to discuss with select people. While Cassandra didn't seem to be the most appealing option, yet after her performance in the immunity challenge, she was better than Miranda.
Edited by jimmydalad, Nov 6 2012, 01:30 AM.
Version 5

Version 7

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, that could have gone better.

They had come in second, beaten out only by Gwe, which had three people who could qualify as "tanks," so that was good. The only problem was a certain comment made by Jeff during the challenge, namely

"Miranda's not doing anything for her tribe!"

Even Kat could feel the heat on Miranda. Not that she was actually assigning blame or anything. It was simply that, the way Kat saw it, Miranda hadn't exactly been on good terms with the rest of the tribe going into the game. Add a weak challenge performance in a challenge where they had been in the rear most often, and it wasn't really surprising that Miranda might possibly be in trouble. Which left a question for Kat: risk alienating her tribe, or stab her best friend?

Cammy and Cassandra went out to get firewood, leaving Kat with Miranda and Lana again. Kat looked at the flint and assorted fire making items they had.

"So, how do you want to do this?"

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
((20 minutes later...))

Cammy returned to the camp, carrying a bunch of firewood for the fire as well as a few fruits to eat. She looked a little tired, owing to the fact she was carrying a lot of stuff. She wanted to be as helpful to the tribe as possible and after all, if she pulled her weight, she was not going to get the boot anytime soon. She would make sure of that.

"I'm back girls~!" Cammy happily shouted to her tribe mates as she dropped the goods close to their shelter and walked over to Lana, giving her a friendly grin. She sort of knew Lana through the world of sports, but she never really had a chance to really hang out with her. Since she was here, it provided her the perfect opportunity to get to know her and possibly become friends.

"Hey there Lana." Cammy greeted her kindly as she sat next to her, smiling happily at her. "How're you doing now? Can you believe we're actually on Survivor? It's pretty awesome, isn't it?" She asked her as she relaxed and calmed down around her, still smiling gleefully. She was determined to be happy while on this island. She wasn't going to let the game break her.

"You do sports at Aurora High right? Which sports do you do? I don't actually know." Cammy told Lana as she tried to get comfortable with her. Who knows, maybe she could become friends and make an alliance. That would be pretty cool.
Version 5

Version 7

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cassandra had asked if anyone wanted to get firewood for the rest of the tribe. Lana opened her mouth to offer, but Cammy piped up, saying that she wanted to go with her. And off the two went.

Kat, Miranda's friend, asked what they should do.

"They're coming back with firewood in a little bit, I think", she said.

Some time later, Lana looked up from where she had seated herself on the ground to see Cassandra and Cammy came back with firewood and fruit.

Lana had to admit, it was a marvel. Cammy was clearly exhausted. And yet, she was still as cheerful as ever. Lana knew that when she personally was exhausted, she could barely even smile. It was kind of impressive really.

Thought, it seemed as if she had gone for a beeline straight for her, as she started barraging her with a series of questions. First it started with asking her about survivor, then asking her about sports and so on. She just kept going on and on.

"Uh..."

Lana tried to figure out how to answer all these questions. Really, how do you.

"I... wrestle", she offered.

Miranda, still feeling surly, watched as Cassandra asked about firewood. Of course, Cammy jumped to the offer, and they ran off.

There was something fishy about Cassandra. Was it just her, or was she bossing everyone around? It looked as if she was trying to position herself as leader of the tribe or whatever. It gave Miranda a weird feeling. Something told her that under the right circumstances, Cassandra could be a problem.

She glanced over at Kat once the two left, trying to see if she was noticing the same things she was. The topic of firewood came up, but wrestler girl had just said that the other two were coming back with firewood.

It made Miranda wonder if Cassandra was discussing something with Cammy while they were away.

And sure enough, they came back.

Cammy's attention was immediately drawn to a clearly confused Lana. That was all fine and good, as long as she wasn't bothering Miranda. But she had bigger fish to fry.

She had to talk to Cassandra. Perhaps get on her good side, or find something that she could use to her advantage. Either way, it was probably a good idea to talk to her.

Miranda walked up to her, and smiled as best as she could.

"Hey Cassandra. Quest for wood successful, I see?" she asked, attempting to start off simply.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply