Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: The Cursed Islands - Brahman Tribe Camp
Topic Started: Oct 16 2012, 04:08 PM (2,009 Views)
Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jake was saddened by the result of the Immunity Challenge. They had gotten off to a good start, but the boulder they had to push just killed any momentum that they had. The worst part was at the end, when Jake had gotten on top of the boulder. They were so close to finishing, but Shak-Ti just barely edged them out. It was crushing.

Claire asked if anyone wanted to help her get firewood. Jake picked up his canteen and responded. "Sure, I'll help."

Jake followed Claire into the woods. Thoughts of the impending Tribal Council scared him. He really didn't want to be the first person sent home.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Owen walked back to camp in silence, keeping his hands in his pockets and his thoughts to himself. They’d started off so well, both in the challenge and at camp. They had a proper shelter and they had somehow managed to get fire, which was pretty incredible. They’d been the second team to properly get going during the challenge. But the physical aspect had done them in, in the end. The immunity was the most important thing, but the tarp would have been nice too, just to waterproof the roof of the shelter.

Owen really wasn’t looking forwards to voting someone out, but that was what had to be done. No-one really deserved to go home, but that was just the way the game worked. At least they wouldn’t be down in numbers afterwards. Truth be told, though, Owen was just nervous that he might be voted out. Stranger things had happened after all. He’d tried to do his best around camp and at the challenge, but really, anything could happen at tribal council.

Claire and Jake went into the woods to gather firewood. Owen watched them go, still in silence. He… sorta had an idea for who he might be voting for, but nothing was concrete. He picked up a rock, strode the few paces towards the water’s edge, and skimmed it across the surface. The rock bounced twice, before sinking into the depths.

Never was any good at that…

Owen turned back to the remaining tribe members, talking as he walked.

“We should probably try and keep the fire going. Maybe check on the shelter, see if anything needs fixing.”
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This sucked ass. Ruth felt heavy in his chest and he sighed. He was so sure that they would have at least gotten third, considering the tribe had the right people to get the job done. At least there was no one to blame for the loss...or at least no one specifically...he hoped. Opposite to this bitter loss was the sweet fact that his friend Cassidy would be joining them soon, keeping the number of people the same. Of course, he also knew that he would have to vote off one of the people he just met here, and that left a bad feeling in his stomach. As Claire and Jake went off to get more firewood, he contemplated who would be kicked off first, even though he had no idea who was voting for yet. They all seemed like nice, helpful people who Ruth wanted to keep around a bit longer.

"Gah, if worse come to shove, I'm eenie-meanie-mying-moing this sucker."

It was getting dark, and the clouds practically yelled that it was going to rain in a bit. Oh how he wished they had that tarp right about now. His stomach growled, and he looked at the ocean. His previous attempts to catch fish had gone unsuccessful, and they had been eating nothing but rice and what little fruit they could find.

"We need protein, just so we can do better in the next challenge."

At that time, Owen had spoken up and asked the remainder of the tribe to help out as well. Ruth offered to help out with the shelter.

"Well...I think, that maybe, we should...um...put alot more leaves on the roof, 'cause it looks like it's gonna rain here in a sec. And then maybe after that we try to get some hunting done afterwards, so at least we won't be hungry."

V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Claire noticed that she and Jake had gotten somewhat deep into the jungle. Fine with her. She needed to be able to figure out what was going to happen tonight, especially if there was a chance that she would go home.

She wasn't sure how she felt about Jake yet. He had trouble getting into the camp work ethic, and he had some issues with the boulder run. Still, he was probably the most book smart guy they had.

"So Jake, what do you think will happen tonight," asked Claire.

"I mean, I know it's hard to predict strategy, but who do you think the others might vote for? Who's most likely to be replaced with Cassidy?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
After walking for a while, Jake and Claire were pretty far into the jungle. During the walk, Jake had found a pretty big stick about the size of his arm. He picked it up and carried it with him, since it would probably be useful for the fire. He continued to survey the area with his eyes for any good wood.

"So Jake, what do you think will happen tonight? I mean, I know it's hard to predict strategy, but who do you think the others might vote for? Who's most likely to be replaced with Cassidy?"

Claire's words distracted Jake from his firewood hunt. He had almost forgotten about Tribal Council. He went over the plans his tribemates were likely to form in his head before answering.

"Uh... I'm pretty sure that Owen and R.J. are safe, since they probably want to keep the physically strongest players in. Since you're the next strongest after them, er... I guess that you're probably safe too. I think that, um, the vote will probably be between me and Alice, seeing as we're probably the weakest..." Jake shook his head sadly. He knew that if he was the first person kicked off, then his sister would never let him hear the end of it.

"I really don't want to go home first..."
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Claire listened as Jake explained his views on how the voting would go. He seemed to honestly believe that she, R.J, and Owen would be safe. She had figured Jake and Alice would be in the most danger if they lost. Still, from how Jake spoke, Claire suspected that he was leaning towards voting off Alice.

"Well, if you don't want to go home, why shouldn't you?" Claire asked. "What do you have that Alice doesn't? Why should we keep you over her?"

Claire picked up another stick. If it was going to be between Jake and Alice, she would really need to hear how they viewed each other. She figured she should find Alice after this and see what she thought.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Claire immediately asked Jake why he thought that he deserved to stay over Alice. Jake took a deep breath and answered. His shot at staing in the game was likely relying on what he said next.

"Well, I build robots back at home, so, uh, I'm really good a puzzles and building things and that kind of thing." He paused for a moment to pick up another stick. "Also, uh, I don't want to sound rude, but I don't think that Alice seems much like a team player. She doesn't really seem to have her head in the game. Even though I'm, uh, really shy, I think I can contribute more to the tribe in the long run than she can."

Jake waited to hear Claire's response. He was really nervous about what she would say.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alice sighed dejectedly, running over the challenge's events in her head. So close. If only she'd been less exhausted by the boulder-pushing, her team might have managed to snag immunity. She really didn't want to be the first to get kicked off the show, after all. She'd hardly been able to do anything! No alliances, no plotting, no strategy of any kind! Well, she could live without plotting. Probably.

Jake and Claire had gone off into the woods to get some firewood, leaving Alice alone with Owen and R.J., who were currently focused on helping with the shelter. She hopped off the log that she was sitting on, making her way over to them. "Yeah, we, uh, definitely need to reinforce the roof. Sky's looking ominous. Makes keeping the fire going sorta a moot point."

Alice headed over to a couple of makeshift fishing spears lying in a pile on the ground near the shelter, idly picking one up and toying with it a bit. Sure, she might not be any good at catching fish, but she was more than able to create rough tools so that more dexterous people could do it easier. It was nice to contribute to the tribe, at least. She had done enough to prove her worth, right? Getting water, making spears, doing pretty damn well on the challenge (discounting the physical portion)?

Argh, she was stressing out so much over this. Owen and R.J., being the only physical hope the tribe really had, were probably safe. That left Jake, Claire and herself as the most likely candidates to get voted out. If the other two, say, banded together to get her out of the picture, it'd just take one additional vote to kick her off the island. Scary.

She put the spear down again, turning to face the two guys. "Uh, I understand if you don't feel like talking about it, but, got any idea how the elimination thing's gonna pan out? I mean, the tribe should come to a consensus on what action'd benefit us most, right? Probably?" Of course, it's not like R.J. and Owen would tell her if they planned to eliminate her. Still worth a shot, at least.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
OOC: As of now, the Brahman tribe camp is open to Cassidy Kant (LocoBroJoe), replacing Jake Mordetsky (Aura Master Fox). Accompanying the sandy beach and orange tribe flag is a basic shelter and a fire pit, both past the high water mark. (Please PM me if there are any corrections or extra details to be added to this post)
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cassidy kept her arms folded over her chest for warmth as she followed the line back to the camp. It was relatively quiet as a whole, and it seemed obvious why. Only two people had initially wanted Jake eliminated, and now he was gone. At least one of the remaining survivors had voted for Alice, and even Claire had gotten a vote thrown her way. The tribe had not come to a common decision, and the results had most likely surprised many of them, and shaken those who had been voted for.

It had been an awkward council, but at the same time, that was a relief. It was a shame the tribe hadn't been unified in their decision, but it also meant that Cassidy wasn't an obvious target. The tribe was divided, which meant she wouldn't be outright shunned. There was still a chance of bitterness from being put on the losing tribe, but she hoped that topic would be avoided.

"Oh wow, that shelter looks great. I can't wait to get out of this cold."

And she couldn't. But she realized that before she climbed into a shelter she hadn't even been a part of building, she should probably try to help everybody out if there were things to be done. She didn't know what Jake's responsibilities had been, and simply asking would be awkward.

"I don't really know who does what, but if there is anything I can do I would like to help!"

She put them in this situation, she didn't fully expect hospitality. In fact, she feared hostility.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It wasn't cold. But Saint Nicholas be damned if the wind wasn't being a nippy bitch. Ruth bones shook a little every time the breeze came flowing. His bucket hat almost came flying off twice. Ah, well at least the shelter was still in tact.

"For God's sake, I just wanna take a nap..."

Cassidy, his friend and new tribe mate, seemed to agree with him, along with being perky as usual

"Oh wow, that shelter looks great. I can't wait to get out of this cold. I don't really know who does what, but if there is anything I can do I would like to help!"

"Well, there's not much to do till tomorrow, so I'm just gonna get some sleep. There's some left over fish if you're hungry, but it might be cold. Good night."

And with that, he was the first one under the shelter, holding himself to keep heat. Although the fact they had left over fish made him a bit warmer.

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Day 4...

The sky has turned from a healthy blue to an ominously dark grey. Most of the animals in the forest behind camp have made themselves scarce. While it is not raining yet, the tides are getting higher as the day goes on, and the wind is starting to pick up.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Day 5 ...

IC: TREEMAIL!

Nobody likes to get wet
So keep a very tight grip
For if you should let go
It could be the end of your trip

Another envelope has five pens and six sheets of paper. Five sheets are blank, and the sixth reads:
"Your second Curse is as follows: you will each vote on whether or not there will be Tribal Council tonight. You MAY NOT discuss this with any of your tribe mates."

OOC:

For each character, I will need:

• A vote on whether or not you want Tribal Council tonight.
  • The reason why (for confessional/Jeff)
  • What your character will be wearing when holding onto the pole (about 12 inches diameter, oriented vertically)
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
R.J. was finally enjoying some peace on this Island for a moment. With this new fishing line, he didn't have to get all Stabby McStabstab on the fish. The weather seemed to be passive as of right now, although it did look like it could turn bad at any moment. At least no one from his tribe was being sent home, although he knew Cassidy would be upset because Matt was going home. Surprising as it was, R.J.'s mind was on other things. Namely, relaxing.

He laid his back on the warm sand, the hand-made fishing rod tucked under his arm and placed the bucket hat over his face. That's what people usually did in the movies, so he figured he try it here. At least Claire would appreciate it...probably.
Edited by Un-Persona, Dec 27 2012, 01:34 AM.

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cassidy was holding it together. She wanted to cry, but she didn't want to be annoying. Things weren't bad anyway, crying would be petty. Things could have been much, much better, but things were fine.

Matt was gone. She hadn't seen him fall, but that hardly helped her denial. He wasn't gone forever, but this would have been fun if they had spent the time together. She could wait till the end of the game to see him again. Maybe she could even win a visit with him.

Then she lost the challenge. She was impressed her worried mind had kept her in high enough spirits to make it to the last two, but coming in second smarted. She was close, she was determined, and she needed something to cheer herself up.

But Jaquilyn couldn't let her have that. Of course, Cassidy shouldn't have expected such charity, but she was trying to be optimistic. Jaquilyn certainly didn't need to taunt her like that either. Even if it was all strategic and just part of a game, it was super annoying.

Her teeth unclenched as she remembered to breathe. Matt was gone, but she wasn't seeing much of him anyway. She was disappointed, and sad for him, but it was okay. She'd lost the challenge, but she'd still won her tribe some tools.

Her body untensed. She had proven herself to her tribe, which had been her goal going into this challenge. Sure, she wasn't being congratulated, but she'd grown up on minimal praise, it wasn't something she had ever needed.

She stood taller. Cassidy Kant had completed he first challenge. She was a contender, an was proving her worth to her tribe quickly.

She looked towards that fishing rod, smiling once again. "Who wants to break this thing in?"
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply