Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
v5 Survivor
Topic Started: Oct 7 2012, 10:50 PM (3,249 Views)
Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jeff Probst stands in front of a collection of sandy dunes, where spread out over the many hills are a collection of coloured mats, doors and puzzles. Almost simultaneously, each tribe is boated in on a different coloured boat. Everyone reaches the shore of the dune collection and stands on their mats, awaiting instruction.

"Alright guys, you've had 3 Days to get to know each other again, and build your tribes. But after tonight, one of you will be the first person voted out of The Cursed Islands. Because this is your first immunity challenge."

"Alright, here's how it'll work."

"On my go, you'll race over to-"

Jeff indicates behind him, where four boulders shackled by rope lay motionless.

"-these boulders, where two of your tribemembers will untie a series of complex knots that are keeping the boulder in place. Once the knots are all untied, your entire tribe will need to roll the boulder up a hill, where you will run into another puzzle; a locked gate. The same two people as before must slide a series of metal rods into place, allowing the door to open. Once you get through, your tribe must once again push the boulder down a hill and into a brick wall, shattering it."

"Once you've shattered the wall, you must use the pieces of your tribe colour to complete a small bridge over a ditch, where once again you must roll your boulder through an even tougher course. Once you reach the finish line, you must place your boulder on a stand, where you will then have to get both of your puzzle-solvers on top of the giant boulder, where they will pull a lever, which will raise their tribe flag."

"The first three tribes to raise their flag win immunity, while the losing tribe will have a date with me, at Tribal Council."

"In addition to immunity, there will also be a reward that goes along with it."

Jeff walks over to a table, where he pulls the cover off of a small pile of boxes. Inside are various amounts of wood, a few scattered bottles of kerosene, and a folded tarp.

"The FIRST tribe to complete this challenge will win a complete fire making kit, AND a tarp for their shelter. It will rain out here, so tarp is invaluable."

"Now, the SECOND tribe to finish..."

Jeff walks over and pulls the cover off of another smaller pile, but this one is missing the tarp.

"...will ALSO win a fire making kit, but no tarp."

Jeff walks over to a third pile, vastly smaller than the other two, and pulls off a cover, where only a few pieces of metal lay.

"The third tribe to finish will win flint, but no fire making kit to go along with it."

"The losers will get nothing, only a trip to Tribal Council tonight."

"Everyone clear?"

Everyone nods.

"Alright, I'll give you a minute to strategize, wait for my go."

--

Spoiler: click to toggle

---
Abridged Results

---
OOC:

Alright, sorry for the wait, but as you have read, Gwe, Varna and Shak-Ti are safe from the vote, while Brahman will be going to Tribal Council.

Tribal Council itself will be up on the 8th of November, and the results of that Tribal Council will be revealed on the 10th of November.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Night 3...

The five Brahman's all trudged along the coastal path towards the large temple in the distance. It was large, impressive, and most of all, sacred, and as such it was the perfect spot for one of the most sacred rituals of the game of Survivor - Tribal Council. The one spot where everyone could be held accountable for their actions in the game. Each of the five teenagers climbed the steps, where a pit of fire, behind which stood Jeff Probst, awaited.

"Alright guys, behind each of you is a torch. Go ahead and grab a torch, and approach the flame."

The Brahman's did so.

"This is part of the ritual of Tribal Council, because in this game, fire represents your life. As long as your have fire, you're still in the game, and when your fire is gone, so are you."

Once again, each of the Brahman's did so, and sat down on their respective seats. Once Claire was seated, Jeff Probst continued.

"And in thanks to the first curse of the game, here is Cassidy, coming in from Exile Island."

The small blonde girl walked in through the exit gate, and took a seat over in the now empty jury bench. She had her bag with her.

Once everyone was settled, Jeff sat down, ready to begin.

---
"Alright, let's talk about the first few days."
Quote:

"Claire, you're sitting here on Day 3, after sleeping on an island in the Indian ocean for two nights. What can you tell me about those first three days, are they more than you bargained for?"
Quote:

"Jake, there are a lot of risks assosciated with being a leader in Survivor - did anybody put their neck out and say "Hey, let me lead you guys, I can help us"?"
Quote:

"Alice, you guys really weren't given much to work with - how does a group like this survive without fire for the first few days? Have you tried making fire?"
Quote:

"Owen, I'm not a geographer, but I do know that it will rain a lot out here in the next 39 days - is Brahman prepared for that?
Quote:

"How about mentally? Believe me, the rain and the weather is not just something a normal adult can brush off, and you guys are teenagers! - it will hit hard and strong, and the only way you're going to be able to stick through it is not only a good shelter, but mentally - are you prepared for that?"
Quote:

"How about you, Alice?"
Quote:

"Claire?"
Quote:

"Ruth?"
Quote:

"Jake?"

"Alright, the immunity challenge:"
Quote:

"Ruth, run me through what happened. Is there any one person to blame on the challenge lose today?"
Quote:

"Owen, it's fair to say that you guys aren't exactly a physically strong tribe - where else do you think you guys as a group can trump the other three tribes?"
Quote:

"Alice, you were one of the puzzle-solvers for the challenge today, and you and Jake got that done faster than almost every other tribe - do you think that helps you tonight knowing that you've got that one-up on your other tribesmates, that you didn't let the tribe fall behind in the puzzle aspect?"
Quote:

"Jake, you were, like I said, a puzzle-solver - same question as Alice?
Quote:

"Owen, you're not just voting out a tribemate tonight - you're also welcoming Cassidy into your tribe. Does that factor in to which way your vote will go?"
Quote:

"Ruth, you didn't seem to be having any trouble with the boulder, at least compared to your tribemates - do you think that makes you safe tonight?"
Quote:

"Claire, what other reason would there be to vote someone out other than challenge performance?"
Quote:

"Alice, same question."
Quote:

"Ruth, how are you voting tonight?"
Quote:

"Jake, same question."

---
"Alright, so you guys now need to make the first big decision of Survivor: who to vote out. One by one you'll all walk down the walkway over there to a voting booth. You will write down the name of which member of your tribe you wish to vote out, state the reason why you're doing so, put your vote in the urn, and return to your seat."

"It is, time to vote."
-----

OOC:

Alright - Laurels, Un-Persona, dmboogie, Pippin, and Aura Master Fox - you five need to respond to your questions in this thread before you can cast your vote, which you will send to me via PM. If you're unable to answer your questions in the next three days, PM me and I'll accept your vote without your answers (but only if you're, say, away or extremely busy). The vote will be revealed on Sunday 11th November, or at the very least when I recieve all the votes.

Happy voting!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Claire was in awe of Tribal Council when she first stepped in. The production team always put a lot of effort into the sets for the series, and this one was no less impressive than the ones before. However, it meant that there was a chance she could be voted out, so Claire decided to focus on the immediate danger. She lit her torch and took her seat, waiting for Probst to ask her the important questions.

Quote:

"Claire, you're sitting here on Day 3, after sleeping on an island in the Indian ocean for two nights. What can you tell me about those first three days, are they more than you bargained for?"

Claire cleared her throat.

"Well, the first three days really gave me an idea on how the survival aspect worked. It can be hard to really gauge aspects of a television program when you're comfy at home and with a television crew editing the content. Believe me, it's not as easy as it might seem. It took me a while to get a fire started, our meals are very light, and sleeping close to four other people can get a bit uncomfortable. Still, I don't think I'll get too hung up on that aspect. We're still only three days in, and I think we can adjust to island life."

Probst then asked the other tribe members questions. Claire listened closely, hoping it would make her choice easier. Probst asked Alice if she was mentally prepared to handle the mental aspects of surviving. After she responded, he turned to Claire.

Quote:

"Claire?"

"Well, it's hard to say if you can really be ready for this kind of thing, but you have to at least try. You have to have some tolerance to this kind of stuff if you want to make it here, and if you don't, we'll notice, and it might mean you have to go home."

A few more questions, then Probst turned to Claire again.

Quote:

"Claire, what other reason would there be to vote someone out other than challenge performance?"

"Jeff, what we have to realize is that the game is social as well as physical. Since we are in the early stage of the game, each person here has to know how to make his or her tribemates understand exactly why they should be here and what they can offer. I think that's probably how tonight is going to go, so I think everyone here needs to be ready to defend their actions."

Claire hoped her answers were satisfactory. It was time to vote, and she was nervous her opinion could turn the others against her.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As the torch warmed his face, Ruth looked around the tribal council. It looked very well put together, and he could tell the designers put a lot of effort into this thing. Of course, now was not the time to enjoy architecture. Someone is going home tonight, and Ruth needed to focus. It was then Jeff started asking questions to the tribe, one by one.

"How about mentally? Believe me, the rain and the weather is not just something a normal adult can brush off, and you guys are teenagers! - it will hit hard and strong, and the only way you're going to be able to stick through it is not only a good shelter, but mentally - are you prepared for that?...Ruth?"

"Mentally? Yeah, we got that covered. I think everybody on this island knows we got the smartest people in our tribe. Me 'n Owen have worked really hard on the shelter too, we make sure to keep checkin' it and fixin' it, and I trust these guy to do their job to survive."

"Ruth, run me through what happened. Is there any one person to blame on the challenge lose today?"

"No. If we win, we win as a tribe. If we lose, we lose as a tribe."

"Ruth, you didn't seem to be having any trouble with the boulder, at least compared to your tribemates - do you think that makes you safe tonight?"

"Um...well, ya never know at a game like this, whether you're safe or not isn't something you can easily determine."

"Ruth, how are you voting tonight?"

"Patience. You'll see soon."

Ruth gave a mental sigh, still a bit scared about the vote. He hoped he gave off a front of being calm, because he was anything but right now.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This was it. The thing Owen had been dreading all day. Tribal Council, where one of the tribe would have to leave already. It sucked, it really did. But on the other hand, it would suck a whole lot more if he was the one voted out first. Owen knew he’d have to leave his amicable nature behind somehow, and become cut-throat Owen, for this night, at least.

At least the temple where the council was held was pretty amazing looking. Owen couldn’t quite tell whether it was real or constructed. On a good day, probably. But now, in the dark and with the threat of elimination looming above his head? Yeaaah, he had better things to think about. Although, really, maybe it would be better not to think about it too much.

Just make it like a music exam. Clear your head, become calm, yet keep the important stuff at the back of your mind. Unlock it when you need it. Don’t panic, and don’t start whistling Metal Man’s theme because that’s just annoying for everyone.

Owen grabbed his torch, lit it, and went to take his place with the other Brahman members. Soon afterwards, Cassidy walked through a gate to join them. Owen had very little time to acknowledge her presence before Jeff spoke up. It was time for questions. Owen patiently waited to be talked to, hoping dearly that he didn’t say anything stupid. A dumb mistake here, an accidental pissing-off of the wrong person there, and he would be out before he knew it. When Jeff asked Owen his question, he looked up and stroked his chin before answering.

Quote:

"Owen, I'm not a geographer, but I do know that it will rain a lot out here in the next 39 days - is Brahman prepared for that?
“Uh, currently? I’d be lying if I said we were 100% prepared for rain right now. But hey, we’re smart, we can easily figure something out. Give us a day or so, maybe even less, and we’ll be sorted.”

Quote:

"How about mentally? Believe me, the rain and the weather is not just something a normal adult can brush off, and you guys are teenagers! - it will hit hard and strong, and the only way you're going to be able to stick through it is not only a good shelter, but mentally - are you prepared for that?"
“Hey man, I’m from England, Jeff. I’m used to rain, this’ll be nothing compared to 24/7 wind and storms.” Owen grinned, despite his nervousness, before continuing. “Um, seriously though, I’m pretty sure I can handle it, as can all of these guys.”

Quote:

"Owen, it's fair to say that you guys aren't exactly a physically strong tribe - where else do you think you guys as a group can trump the other three tribes?"
Owen scratched the back of his neck at this question. “Yeeaaaah, the physical aspect is definitely our weakpoint. You don’t just need strength in this, though! We’ve got smarts, and honestly, I think we just got unlucky on this challenge. We could hold our own in the physical challenges, if we choose wisely and stuff.”

Quote:

"Owen, you're not just voting out a tribemate tonight - you're also welcoming Cassidy into your tribe. Does that factor in to which way your vote will go?"
“Uh, I... maybe? I mean, she’ll definitely be a boon to the tribe. But even if there hadn’t been this twist, I’m... pretty certain my voting strategy’d have stayed the same. Pretty sure. Mostly.”

Owen sighed as Jeff told everyone it was time to vote. The hard part was over. Now for the harder part.
Edited by Pippin, Nov 8 2012, 08:57 PM.
V7 BAYBEE
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky
Current Thread: The Glorious Evolution - "Sorry, that was a little weird, wasn’t it?"
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one
Current Thread: V for Vend-etta - "Fuck off. Are you kidding me?"
FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jake pretty much felt like garbage walking into Tribal Council. Of all the teams to end up sending someone home first, it naturally ended up being his team. A team that consisted of two strong guys, Claire, and tow weak, but smart nerds. Owen and R.J. were the tribe's only hope in physical challenges, so they definitely weren't going anywhere. For himself, Claire, and Alice, however, it was a one-in-three shot for any of them to go home, and that scared him.

He lit his torch and sat down, listening as Jeff explained the rules of Tribal Council. They would talk, then they would vote, then Jeff would read the votes, then whoever got the most votes would be going home. Simple rules for such a terrifying ceremony. Jake looked around Tribal Council in an attempt to calm his nerves. The set was absolutely beautiful, and he really had to appreciate the set designers for putting it all together. Despite that, he still wished that they were back at camp, and that another tribe were here to admire the scenery instead.

Quote:

"Jake, there are a lot of risks assosciated with being a leader in Survivor - did anybody put their neck out and say "Hey, let me lead you guys, I can help us"?"

"Well..." Jake began nervously. He was still getting used to speaking with so much attention on him. "We don't really have a, y'know, all-around leader guy. Everyone just, uh, kind of did their own thing to help the camp, and, um, he have a shelter, and we can make water. I think that we're off to a good start."

Jeff went down the line, giving everyone some more questions. Eventually he came to the topic of the harsh conditions of the game. He asked everyone else their opinions on the matter before finally coming back to Jake.

Quote:

"Jake?"

"Um... I think that it's all about how much you want to hang in there and, uh, how determined you are. I want to prove that I'm more than just some, uh, nerdy kid with confidence issues. I want to do something I can be proud of out here. It's... it's mind over matter. That's how you have to look at it."

Jeff then went on to talk about the immunity challenge. He asked questions about their performance, then asked Alice if she felt safe, having been a puzzle-solver when the puzzles were the part of the challenge they performed the best on. Once Alice answered, he turned to Jake.

Quote:

"Jake, you were, like I said, a puzzle-solver - same question as Alice?

"I hope so. I mean... I think I did good. I just hope that I did good enough to earn my tribe's respect."

Finally, the questioning started winding down. Jeff asked each of the players how they would be voting. After everyone else had given their answer, he came to Jake.

Quote:

"Jake, same question."

"Um... I'm voting based on who I think isn't a team player. It's still early, and we need to be able to, y'know, work together. I think that we need to make sure that we can, uh, mesh together as a tribe."

That was it. It was time to vote. Jake drummed his figers on his knees nervously. He silently prayed that he would get to stay another three days.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Man oh man was this temple thing cool! Alice couldn't help but admire the set, even while simultaneously dreading what it signified. Someone was gonna get sent home today, and she had a bad feeling that it might be her. She didn't want it to end this early, like this, y'know? Going out with a whimper was never fun.

After everyone was seated, Jeff welcomed them and introduced Cassidy, firing off a barrage of questions shortly after. After asking Claire and Jake, he turned to Alice.

Quote:

"Alice, you guys really weren't given much to work with - how does a group like this survive without fire for the first few days? Have you tried making fire?"

"Didn't. Survive without fire, I mean. We somehow managed to get one started on our first day. Claire knew some technique using, um, glasses, and it surprisingly worked. It was, uh, one less thing to worry about, at least." Alice said. She hadn't really considered the possibility of a tribe not having fire on the first day or so. Basic survival skill, wasn't it? After another round of questions, Jeff turned to Alice again.

Quote:

"Been pretty tough, yeah. Never was much of an outdoorsy person. It's nice and warm inside, and you don't have to worry about getting soaked, y'know? Uh, I do know a bit about survival techniques, so that might have helped a bit. Still not exactly easy." It was sorta weird, talking this much. Definitely not a normal thing for her. Not exactly bad, but... weird. Another round of questions.

Quote:

"Alice, you were one of the puzzle-solvers for the challenge today, and you and Jake got that done faster than almost every other tribe - do you think that helps you tonight knowing that you've got that one-up on your other tribesmates, that you didn't let the tribe fall behind in the puzzle aspect?"

Alice thought for a moment, then said "I guess? I mean, Jake was equally important in that, after all. We honestly can't afford to lose any of our athletic people, though, so not exactly sure if I'm safe." Definitely something that worried her. Yet another salvo of questions. Would they ever end?

Quote:

"What other reason would there be to vote someone out other than challenge performance?"

Oh dear, something about voting strategy. Not easy. "Er, maybe, attitude? Someone who is really good at challenges but never cooperates and plans to backstab everyone for critical damage? N-not that we have anyone like that, of course, but it would definitely be a factor." Jeff asked her tribemates a couple more questions, then announced that the moment of truth had arrived: the vote. Well, at least this meant that Alice wouldn't have to worry any more, one way or the other. One way or the other...
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
dmboogie
Nov 10 2012, 09:45 PM
"We somehow managed to get one started on our first day. Claire knew some technique using, um, glasses, and it surprisingly worked. It was, uh, one less thing to worry about, at least."
Jeff's interest had piqued at this point, so he interjected before continuing to his next question.

"Really? You guys got fire on your first day? Well, it's not often that happens on Survivor, so to make it a little easier for you guys, you will have flint waiting for you back at camp."
---
[[OOC: Still waiting for one more vote. We can't officially continue until we get all five votes, so the final person who has not voted needs to get their vote in ASAP.]]

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Each of the tribe walked up the walkway to the voting booth, where they spent the appropriate amount of time casting their vote. Once the final person, Ruth, had casted their vote and sat back down, Jeff stood up.

"I'll go get the votes."

---

After a long time of nothing, Jeff Probst returned to the main Tribal Council area, holding the decorated urn.

"Once the vote are read, the decision is final, the person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I'll read the votes."

Jeff took the lid from the urn, and then promptly took the first carefully placed vote.

"First vote..."

"...Alice."

One vote for Alice.

"...Jake."

One vote for Alice, one vote for Jake.

"...Claire."

One vote Alice, one vote Jake, one vote Claire.

There were two votes remaining.

"...Alice."

"That's two votes Alice, one vote Jake, one vote Claire. One. Vote. Left."

Jeff reached in to take the final vote.

"...Jake."

There was a tie. The first Tribal Council of the season had a tie.

"Alright, we are tied, with two votes for Alice, and two votes for Jake."

"Here's what we're gonna do - Alice and Jake cannot vote. They will be the only ones eligible for the revote. Owen, Claire, R.J., you three must vote again to decide who will be leaving tonight."

"Once again, it is time to vote."
---
OOC:

Alright, we seem to have a tie - that means that UnPersona, Laurels, and Pippin must send me their votes and reasons again, either for Alice or for Jake. Please get this in as fast as possible.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Once again, the Brahman tribe returned one by one to the vote. Claire, then Owen, then R.J. all cast their votes, then returned to their seats. Once again, Jeff returned to his feet.

"Once again, I'll go tally the votes."

The departure was shorter this time, but at least everyone knew there would be someone voted out after this vote. He returned not long later, carrying the urn once again.

"Once the votes have been read, the decision is final. That person will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I'll read the votes."

Jeff removed the lid from the urn, and pulled out the first vote.

"First vote..."

"...Jake. That's one vote Jake."

"...Alice. That's one vote Jake. One vote Alice. One. Vote. Left."

Jeff pulled the final vote from the urn.

"The first person voted out of Survivor: The Cursed Islands..."

"...Jake."

"Jake, I'm going to ask you to bring me your torch."

Jake got up from his seat, and was promptly extinguished from the game. He left down the path.

"Alright, you guys have just voted out the first castaway of the game. The vote was clearly not together, and starting now, you need to be together as a tribe, otherwise this is going to be a long 39 days."

"Grab your torches, head back to camp. G'night."

"And don't forget, Cassidy will be joining you as well."
---
OOC: Alright, so there we have it - Jake Mordetsky has been the first person voted out of Survivor: The Cursed Islands. Aura Master Fox, feel free to post the ending from Jake's PoV if you are so inclined. After that time, everything will be transplanted to a new thread, where decoy will repost everything so we have a more localised and contained gaming thread.

Everything will speed up slightly over the next few in-game days, so be ready for that.

Inky out!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Inky
Nov 11 2012, 08:09 AM
Everything will speed up slightly over the next few in-game days, so be ready for that.

Inky out!

Is this over?
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply