Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Slasher Film Role Play?; Funny guy goes first
Topic Started: Aug 14 2012, 02:12 PM (3,300 Views)
umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I been on some kinda kick from watching movies like Stay Alive, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, House of Wax, Final Destination, One Missed Call, and Scream and it got me in the mood to write some slasher stuff. However, I realized that anything i wrote would end up being relatively predictable, so i figured i outta ask some roleplayers to make cool characters for us to kill.

The current premise is something like a cat humanoid monster that kills people. the only reason i chose cat was because that would give us a crappy reason for the antagonist to have multiple lives. Plus, this is the internet, and cats are a diety. Anyway, it would operate via rolls to determine deaths, and if we had 9 protagonists, there would me a 50/50 chance on the outcome. The antagonist does not have to do with cats, just a very basic and undeveloped thought i throwing out there.

Anyway, this is just an interest check. I'd definately like to do a slasher role play, but details would need to be worked out greatly. If you are intereted, let me know, especially if you have a potential story. I started to write one out, but then decided I should make sure there is enough interest before I invest too much time. Feel free to just use one of your SOTF characters here, but note that all protagonists should somehow be connected.

And please, PLEASE, if you have a good story plot that would give the killer a reason to survive being killed different ways, please share. A killable killer is ideal to keep the suspense of rolls up. Alright, I hereby cease my begging and advertising, and leave it to y'all.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'd LOVE to be involved with this, it sounds so cool!! If I come up with any ideas I'll post them here. :]
V6 Characters:

Posted Image------------------Posted Image
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------

V5

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ok, so far I've got two ideas for why the killer keeps on coming back to life.

1) The killer can't be killed and after someone kills him/her he reincarnates like an hour or so later or something. The only way you can stop the killer is to trap his soul in some mystical box or something.

2) The killer has some magical helper like a servant or crazy mum that heal wounds/reincarnates him/her after he/she gets wounded or injured. The only way to stop the killer is to kill the helper.

They aren't the best ideas and I know that they don't seem too realistic, but hey, some horror films aren't all that realistic anyway. If I get anymore ideas I'll post again. :]
V6 Characters:

----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------

V5

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I'd be really interested to play as well. I'll be sure to post some ideas up when things come to me. :3
Version 5

Version 7

Artsy Stuff by Other People

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Two more ideas for the killers multiple lives:

1) The killer infects/impregnates a victim just before death so that another killer would come out of/change the next victim into the killer. To give you an idea of what I mean think of the creature out of The Thing for the infecting bit or the facehuggers in the Alien franchise for the impregnating bit. Obviously in order for these ideas to work the killer would have to be some kind of foreign being from outer space.

2) There are multiple weaker killers like zombies or the crawlers from The Descent or the mutated people from the Hills Have Eyes. I guess some of the multiple killer ideas would only work in certain environments like the crawlers would have to be in caves and the mutated people would need to be in the middle of nowhere, but you can just take this idea and make it into your own so it works.

I know that both of these ideas don't really fit into the slasher horror category but they're both horror ideas so I guess it could work. :]
V6 Characters:

V5

kervin555
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Oh yes.

Oh hell yes. This sounds exciting.

Okay, so if the killer can come back from the dead, maybe it's not just one dude, anyway. Catch my drift? What I mean is, there are several people masquarading as the same killer, so it give the illusion that the guy can come back from the dead. Well, I dunno; it sounds kinda stupid and unrealistic, but that's the best I can come up with.
Virtua-SOTF - F05: Renee Murphy - The Broken Bird - "Until we find out, you're going to need me."
Threads: Holding Out For A Hero > Inexplicable > Rebel Without a Clue > While Rome Burns > Far From Home > Breaking Point > Swan Song > Still Red > Last of the Alderbrooks
Virtua-SOTF - M16: Patrick Reynolds - The Ingenuine - "Um, I think we're lost."
Threads: The Funniest Joke in the World > I Can Hear the Bells > From Where You're Kneeling
SOTF V5 - Bradley Edwards - The Spare - "Call me a cynic..."
Pregame Threads: Debates and Discourse
Meanwhile Threads: Above it All
SOTF V6 - Audrey Reyes - The Dedicated - "Get the camera!"
Pregame Threads: There's No Time Here in Space
Threads: Hideaway

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sounds intriguing. Ever read How to Survive a Horror Movie? Great analysis of the genre, and loads of fun for horror fans.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ok so this isn’t a killer idea but a protagonist idea. Usually in a horror film there are several archetypes that make up the protagonists of the film. Depending on the size of the cast and type of horror film (usually a horror film containing teens) they will usually use most of or a hybrid of these archetypes. Here are a few I could think of off the top of my head.

1) The athlete- The athlete is usually good looking and is commonly a male. In some movie the athlete is also shown as the bully and is sometimes one half of the couple or the hero.

2) The bitch- The bitch is, more often than not, good looking and is typically a girl. The bitch is usually the heroine’s enemy in a movie but will work with her to stop the killer. The bitch is the female version of the bully. In some movies the bitch is also shown as the whore or bully.

3) The bully- The bully is usually typically a guy and is usually the enemy of the hero but will work with him to stop the killer. The bully is the male version of the bitch. In some movie the bully is sometimes shown as the athlete.

4) The couple- The couple is almost always shown as a boy and a girl. In some movies the couple is sometimes shown as the hero and heroine or the bitch/whore and the athlete/bully.

5) The drug user- The drug user is typically portrayed as a guy in most movies. He usually gets himself killed by going off alone somewhere to do drugs. He is sometimes shown to be the funny guy.

6) The funny guy- The funny guy is usually a guy in most movies. He usually gets himself killed by doing something stupid.He is sometimes shown to be the drug user.

7) The hero/heroine- The hero/heroin are obviously the hero or heroine of the movie. There is usually just a hero or a heroine in a movie but they are sometimes both in a film. The hero/heroine always has positive attributes and is the opposite of the bully or bitch. The hero/heroine are usually good looking. If there is a hero and a heroine in a film they are usually shown as the couple or if there is just one hero or heroine and they have a girlfriend/boyfriend then they will also be shown as the couple. They can sometime be shown as the virgin as well if there is just one of them. In the case of this roleplay where there is technically no hero/heroine due to the survivors being determined by roles, the hero/heroine would be a brave/nice guy.

8) The loner- The loner can either be a girl or guy. The loner is usually a loner as they have weird attributes and interests. They are usually picked on by most of the cast. In some films the loner can be shown as the movie buff or smart guy.

9) The movie buff- The movie buff is usually a guy but can sometimes be a girl. The movie buff will usually know what to do in the case of a horror movie situation. In some films the movie buff is sometime shown to be the smart guy or loner.

10) The smart guy- The smart guy can either be a girl or a guy. They usually look intelligent (with the things that they wear) and can sometime be referred to the rest of the cast as the nerd. The smart guy will usually come up with plans in order to survive the movie. In some films the smart guy is sometime shown as the movie buff.

11) The virgin- The virgin can either be a girl or guy. They are usually sweet and kind and are sometime picked on by the bitch or bully. In some films the virgin can be shown as the hero/heroine

12) The whore- The whore is typically a girl and is good looking. They usually seduce people and have sex at inappropriate points in the film, usually ending up in her or her partner or both of them being killed. In some movies the whore is sometimes shown to be the bitch or the other half of the couple.

So as I’ve said before, there can be hybrids or certain archetypes or variants of archetypes to make them differ slightly. There can also be multiple people with the same archetype in a film but give them different attributes to make them slightly different. If I think of anymore archetypes I’ll add them to the list. :]

V6 Characters:

V5

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sounds like an interesting read.

To the rest of you: The only problem I have with the multiple killer suggestions is that it would require several more characters. As for the impregnating idea, I think that's just a bit... well... sexual?

The "soul trapping" thing makes since, but I'm kinda looking for a hard number of times they can come back just to keep the odds consistent. Now we COULD say the protagonists kill the monster a certain number of times before discovering how to defeat him, but then we have to work out how they figure it out and whatnot.

Before we start with entering characters, we need to set the basics for a storyline. I'm unfortunately still stuck on a cat theme, somebody tell me its terrible before I continue farther.

An eccentric woman, who of course dabbled in witchcraft, lived alone with several cats. She scorned humans, thinking them as selfish and exclusive people. She would often try to hex or curse people whenever they tried to disturb her. Being a crazy old cat hag, this was very often. After noticing a trend in the misfortune of mischevious teenagers, and somebody somehow making the connection, the townspeople went nightmare on elmstreet on her ass and burned her house down.

The house was rebuilt, but terrible things went on within it's walls, and it was abandoned. One halloween, ten friends on a drunken dare ring the doorbell and break in. One of them mysteriously dies, and the kids flee.

Now, being catlike and crazy, this bitch likes to play with her victims before killing them. She may give them premonitions of their deaths, she may give them lengthy chases. Also, she does not actually look like a cat. Just some creepy lady who looks a bit ghostly. She will be a physical person who is killable (though she has got that whole many lives thing.)

Well, I did a bad job stopping myself. Look it over, let me know if its too corny. The story honestly doesnt matter to me just as long as it sets up a killer with multiple lives, hence why I strung this crapfest together.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm liking the whole idea of the crazy witch bitch toying with her victims and telling them how they're going to die. It sounds really interesting. The only thing I don't particularly like is the involvement of cats. My opinion of the cat thing overall got better after you said she didn't actually look like a cat because up until them I was picturing her as some giant cat which was making me a little skeptical. I think your idea is good enough without the involvement of cats, after all everyone knows that cats actually don't have nine lives.

With my impregnating idea I didn't mean for the killer to be inserting anything up a girls vage or a guys butt hole, I mean like inserting a parasite or something down the persons throat or into an open wound or something where it would then rapidly grow then exit.
V6 Characters:

V5

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Aight. Psycho bitch is the same minus kitties. Maybe when her grave was disturbed she stole a little bit of life from each person in the house. This was she can learn their fears and mimick them. And then she has enough life force or whatever to exist.

For her actual form, I'd refer to something like the countess in Stay Alive. Details on how to kill her will need to be worked out. Right now I'd just like to see who's definitely in, and a character they'd use. Don't feel obligated to create one from scratch, and don't feel obligated to fit a trope. Original is always good!

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
If you’re still open for suggestions regarding the plot I think I might have an interesting idea. It’s pretty much the same as your but with a few tweaks and changes mostly to the setting.

Ok so it’s the 1800’s and there’s a small town. The town is located by a large forest inside of which lives a old crazy witch lady several miles in. Over the years the people of the town have noticed that several people have gone missing when entering the forest. They blame the witch for these disappearances and they gatherer up a mob. They go into the forest and find the witches cabin/house. They then burn down the house/ kill the witch or whatever you want really (if we’re going for the burning house option it is then rebuilt later on). The town’s people go on with their happy lives and there are no more disappearances.

It’s now present day and a group of 10 college friends decide to go camping in this very forest. They have a party and an awesome time and all that and then they have to go to bed. On the first night one of the friends goes missing. All that they find in his tent is a bloodied sleeping bag. The remaining 9 friends go out searching for him and come across the witch’s cabin. When they go inside they find the remains of their friend and/or the witch. They get scared and run back to camp. When they arrive at camp they find that their cars are not there. Stranded in the middle of the forest with no reception (as it’s in the middle of the forest) the friends have to find a away to survive and escape.

What do you think? I changed the scene to somewhere where the teens couldn’t easily get help so I chose a forest. Also the forest would explain why they can’t call the police and what not.

I really like the whole idea of her giving the friend premonitions of their deaths and I think it would be cool if the witch gave the friends premonitions of how their friends will die and not how they theselves will die (So lets say there's 2 people, Tim Tom and Tom Tim. Tim Tom knows how Tom Tim will die but doesn't know how he himslef will die). This gives them the difficult decision of whether to tell their friends they’re going to die in some horrible way or not tell them and let them live the remainder of their life in the hope that they might escape. :]
Edited by Will, Aug 15 2012, 04:20 AM.
V6 Characters:

V5

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Also I think before everyone make characters we should discuss them here. Otherewise we might end up with 9 blonde bimbo sluts running around the forest screaming, only stopping to have sex with each other.

When I search of the countress lady nothing comes up apart from a load of old woman like Maggie Smith and Joan Rivers, so could you send a picture please? As for me I was picturing her like this:

Posted Image

EDIT:
Also I added a bit more information to the drug user, the funny guy, the hero/heroine, the movie buff and the smart guy.
Edited by Will, Aug 15 2012, 03:50 AM.
V6 Characters:

V5

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I wonder if the witch could be the construction of the collective's paranoia and fear i.e. the reason the witch keeps coming back to life is due to the fact that the characters believe that something is there. The witch's magic causes her to be alive when people believe she is alive and the only "true" way to destroy her is to try and forget/ignore her or deny her existence.
Edited by jimmydalad, Aug 15 2012, 03:03 AM.
Version 5

Version 7

Artsy Stuff by Other People

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just realised you wanted us to say what character we'd use. I'd probably have a bitch character. I think they're really fun and they're always my favourite characters in films.
V6 Characters:

V5

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply