Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Character Themes
Topic Started: Jul 24 2012, 10:44 PM (4,369 Views)
jimmydalad
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Here are my themes. Yes they're from video games, but I just felt that they suited my characters quite a bit.

Aria Samuels - Memories of the School

Camilla "Cammy" Davidson - Spirited Girl

Sharon Elizabeth Austin - Gavotte/Overwhelmer
Version 5

Version 7

Artsy Stuff by Other People
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Finally figured mine out.

Rachael Langdon: "All is Full of Love" by Bjork

Claire Monaghan: "I'm Alright" by Kenny Loggins

Sophie McDowell: "One Love" by Bob Marley
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
V3 World Heavyweight Champion
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jack Johnson: The Civil Wars - "Barton Hollow"
Is in...

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Puh, it was really difficult choose these songs, but I think I got them now:

Joachim Lovelace: Fettes Brot - An Tagen wie Diesen

While the lyrics are not fitting 100% (I, at least, don't remember him having a daughter), I feel like this song vaguely describes some character traits of Joachim. Namely, he is one part German. Second, the lyrics are about how people are receiving new stories, and third, they react with apathy. Well, I want some character developement here and make him a little more caring, and I feel like the lyrics cover that too as the singer laments his indifference. You find a translation here.

David Zimmer: None yet, I just can't find a fitting one. Eh, probably will change in the next months

Aileen Aurora Abdallah: Johannes Brahms - Ungarian Dance Nr. 5

This one is simple. The idea for Aileen came when I listened to this song. It's just so... fast-paced and energetic. Personally, when I listen to this song, I feel like I want to run through a place and shove the people out of my way... ahem
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ghost Of Ravenstar
Member Avatar
Armed and Unsafe
[ *  * ]
Dream of Mirrors, by Iron Maiden sums up Gavin Hunter rather well. Not so much because of his personality, but more due to the fact his existence centres on being pushed into one scenario of death and destruction after another. Though this one probably won't end with a scene involving an OC-14 and the deadliest woman ever spawned by the cold winters of post-apocalyptic Russia.
Edited by Ghost Of Ravenstar, Oct 14 2012, 07:48 AM.
#B051: Gavin Hunter - Equipped with oh gosh a whole lot. "Well, we break for two months and I'm now suddenly in high definition..."

[08:46] Ghost of Ravenstar: I love the AF2011-A1 as it fits Gavin's perceived personality so damn well.
[08:47] Alex: Overcompensatory, unnecessary and appeals to what someone who watches anime obsessively would perceive as "cool?"
[08:47] Ghost of Ravenstar: BINGO!!!

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I feel like I did a post like this in another similar thread. Oh well. New ones since my feelings have changed

Mara

Michelle

Paris

I didn't really have one for Paris for a long while and then Mimi showed me that and it was so perfect. I listen to it sometimes when I post with him.
things

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This took a while, but I sorted through all of my playlists and eliminated a few different possibilities to come to a conclusion:

Madeline Wilcox: Kill The Lights - The Birthday Massacre

Don't be fooled by the song and band's names, the song is rather lighthearted (or at least as lighthearted as the songs I listen to get).
Turtle's Signature

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Since I changed my mind on both my characters here are their new themes.

Gray Emerson: Swing Life Away - Rise Against

Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll: Break - Three Days Grace
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Matt Masters: Shinedown- Diamond Eyes

I always thought that this song seems to fit Matt very well, even BEFORE I found out that it was the theme song to WWE Main Event. Ihe energy and instrumentality fits very well for a high-tension situation such as SOTF, and the chorus seems to fit his personality perfectly. And let's not even get started on 3:29-3:46...

Adonis Alba: Shinedown- Bully

Well... he's a bully, and a lot of people hate him. And in SOTF, most everybody ends up as a fading memory, no matter how big, mean, or tough they were...

Stacey May-Mordetsky: Aqua- Barbie Girl

This one is self-explanatory. Stacey embodies pretty much every quality of the song's titular "Barbie Girl", making it an incredibly obvious choice.

Jake Mordetsky: Reel Big Fish- Brand New Hero

The lyrics and downbeat tone throughout much of the song are a perfect reflection of Jake's depression and low self-esteem. He has dreams, but he can't reach them if he doesn't learn how to believe in himself.
Edited by Aura, Dec 17 2012, 08:21 PM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All from Persona, because that's really the only music I listen to. :s

Nina Clarke's theme is probably Mitsuru's Persona 4 Arena Theme. She's a tough tomboy, which is fitting for this song.

Theodore Fletcher's theme is harder, but you can't get much better than a song called Alone for the socially awkward boy. It sounds hopeful, too, which is also fitting.
Edited by Espi, Dec 22 2012, 04:01 PM.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cassidy is well suited by the mood and lyrics to Smashmouth's "Allstar"

Jaquilyn is kinda Good Charlotte's "The Anthem"-y

And Joey has always been Pitbull's "Calle Ocho"

I tried to go with mainstream songs. Will probably put some lesser-known ones up later.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Eliza Patton: Placebo - Pure Morning
A friend in need's a friend indeed / My Japanese is better / And when she's pressed she will undress / And then she's boxing clever

Carlos Lazaro: Oasis - Fucking in the Bushes

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, I'm probably the most indecisive handler ever on this (see: finally getting around to filling out some of my V4 character music half a year after the game ended), but dangit I found one I like, so I'm bumping this thread (also, lots of new folks may not have seen it and may have music that fits their kids).

Anyways, I've only got one, and that's probably not likely to change in the near future, but here goes. For Lydia, I like this:

Spiritualized: Lord Let it Rain on Me
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Actually, I found one I liked for Steven a while ago, then forgot about it, then stumbled across the CD again today, so now I'm posting it. If I finish off selecting these before V5 even starts, it'll be a sign of the apocalypse.

Steven Salazar:

Depeche Mode: Blasphemous Rumors
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Xavier Contel--Libera Me From Hell because haha yes.

And I'll try to figure out the rest later.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply