Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Moving Day; Private, Emily and Lahela
Topic Started: Jul 13 2012, 02:11 PM (1,140 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Lahela Nakoa - Memories Thread # 1))

"Alright, we're here. Welcome to: Hale Nakoa!"

Lahela grinned at her uncle's choice to use Hawaiian words in describing their home as the SUV pulled into their driveway.

It was nice knowing that her uncle was doing his best to get them comfortable and break the ice, so to speak. And speaking of ice was this really summer time? The temperature and the view of the sky could have fooled her, because ever since the moment she got off the plane she felt cold, like it was the middle of December or something, not the middle of June. This was definitely something she'd have a tough time getting used to.

The place wasn't so bad though. The ride here from the airport was pretty neat, as the site seeing was something that really impressed Lahela. She'd never left the islands before, so other than the time they spent with other family on Oahu and had to drive through Honolulu; Lahela had never experienced a city atmosphere. She was more a town and country girl. But still, it was pretty amazing seeing what her uncle called the "Seattle Space Needle" for the first time.

Her family’s enthusiasm certainly helped keep her mind off the sad parts about moving. She had already dealt with the emotional things accompanied by the move, when she bid her goodbyes to all her friends and she really didn't want to dwell on it all that much.

The car finally went to a complete stop and parked into a very large driveway, in what looked like a pretty well off neighborhood. Lahela couldn't help, but mouth the word "wow" after seeing the outside of their property, through the car's windows. This was going to be her new home now. It was quite an upgrade after spending a few years living in a crummy apartment.

Uncle Akela opened the trunk and the doors open for Lahela and her mother and started helping with what few luggage they had. Aunty Lani, in the meantime had immediately gone into the house to call Emily down to greet them.

Emily was her cousin, and she was the one person Lahela was most excited and nervous to see again. Part of it was due to the fact that they were the same age, so there were much more expectations there, from what she knew of her age group. The other part was that Lahela remembered Emily as being pretty cool, those few times she'd visited the Big Island, when she was younger. Lahela really hoped she was still cool and didn't evolve into something less than stellar, or else living here was going to drag.

Lahela stepped out of the car and felt the chilly breeze push up against the back of her neck. She quickly shivered into her sweater, wondering the whole time how on earth her uncle and aunty could wear such light clothing during their 'summer' weather. The sun was barely even out, being almost completely covered with blankets of clouds.

She held her personal bag as her family talked amongst each other and took out the luggage. She waited, staring at the front door of the large house for any signs of Emily.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A pretty young woman walked out from the house following close behind the older Aunty Lani, waving her hand and calling out a welcome to their home-town-city. Granted, it wasn't filled with very much Aloha, but still this was her cousin and she couldn't blame her for being a little nervous. In fact, Lahela was slightly nervous herself; still scoping out how exactly her cousin would be like, these days.

Lahela responded to the greeting with a wave of her own hand, but in her own style. Instead of an open hand she extended just her pinkie finger and thumb to form a shaka sign accompanied with a bright smile to her approaching cousin. Lahela was actually a bit surprised that her cousin was walking onto the concrete with her bare feet.

She always figured that mainland kids never left the house without some form of footwear, but then again Emily was raised by her uncle and aunty. Perhaps she learned a few small behaviors from them. Or maybe she had been stereotyping the whole time. Weird how that worked both ways.

Emily stopped a few feet in front of her and asked if she wanted help with her luggage. The whole time, Lahela noticed that Emily didn't personally greet her there by name or anything. It felt and looked like Emily was acting more like a bellhop at the Waikiki Sheraton, than part of her ʻohana.

Looks like she'd have to be the one to break the ice.

"No, it's okay. I can handle a few bags. I'm a big girl now. I got this!" Lahela stated, with a giggle as she hefted her bags up as if they were weights. "As for the plane ride, it was pretty depressing, for obvious reasons, but eh, I'll get over it."

"Oh, I have something for you," Lahela said, as she dug into her plastic bag for the gift she brought from the islands.

The gift was a flower lei she had made herself. It was one that was slightly limp after being cooped up in her baggage for the entire flight. She pulled it out and approached Emily, placing it over her head and around her neck and followed up with a quick, one handed family style hug.

"Aloha cuz! Long time no see in person huh, Emily? You're one sexy babe," She said with a grin.

Hopefully this was a good 'first-ish' impression and she didn't come on too strong.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Emily seemed to receive her introduction fairly well, even showing off a little of her pearly whites. There was much more ground to cover before they were both comfortable with each other, but it was progress. Emily was even opening up and pushing along the conversation on her own asking if there was anything she was interested in seeing and Lahela already had a set answer for that.

"Yeah. How are the boys here?" Lahela said semi-casually with a straight face before breaking into a large grin and playfully taping Emily on the arm with her hand to show that she was only kidding. Kind of.

"Well um, I'm pretty excited to see what your house is like. It already looks great on the outside, so maybe you can show me around inside?" She shrugged and lifted her bags up again. "Oh yeah and where should I put my stuff?"

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[[OOC: Well looks like this thread has been a while. All my fault. I'm making short posts so I don't take long anymore and we can finish this up.]]

Lahela set her bags down on a table and looked around. It was a pretty impressive house, better than what she was used to at least. At the same time it had small hints of local flavor probably due to her aunt and uncle who had roots back home.

Emily showed Lahela around, room to room, including the guest room she was supposed to stay at.

"Hey which one's your room cuz?" She asked, curious to see what it would look like in there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Memories (The Past) · Next Topic »
Add Reply