Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The locker room. A place of blood, mud, sweat and hijinks.
Topic Started: Jul 9 2012, 12:00 PM (2,409 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[[OOC: Alright, sorry for the long wait. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be really, very active from now on.]]

[[Kyran Dean Continued From: Little Talks.]]

It had been a competitive game against one of the toughest schools in their division, but somehow, someway the Aurora Pelicans managed to prevail in one of the most satisfying victories yet. The team had been on a roll lately and the recent win pushed the team's confidence over a new level. Nearly everyone on the team was visibly ecstatic, congratulating and celebrating quite happily throughout the locker room. There was no doubt that someone like Steven Salazar, was already on their way forming an article for the school paper.

Kyran in contrast, sat quietly on one of the benches, out of the way from most of the others and out of mind, as to stay under the radar and not get too much attention on himself. Being quite reserved, he didn't really know how to respond to attention if people were going to compliment him or anything like that nor did he have the temperament to loudly celebrate.

Even though he didn't show it; Kyran too was very pleased with the victory, happy they'd won just as much as the next guy. Coach let him and many of the underclassmen take the field during the last quarter of the game where he finally had a chance to really play and show some of his skill. He was quite sure, some of the other guys, like Ethan Johnson and Cody Patton were equally pleased to have their abilities showcased, which could maybe open up some more trust for them to play on the field with the seniors, more often. Still, despite the good game, Kyran remained quiet and to himself.

From his bench, the wide-receiver slowly removed his gear one by one from his sore and irriguous body. It was the usual of course, just like with every game he got hurt. This time, there were bruises on his obliques and a bit of a pained feeling on his upper abs, probably received after he was tackled and pulled down awkwardly to the turf, while catching the football. He didn't mind though, Kyran was quite used to getting hurt for what seemed like all the time, ever since he was a little kid. He just had pretty bad luck with that stuff he guessed.

His body wasn't really built for the sport that well either, as he was more on the leaner side compared to the more muscular players. In fact, just a little more than a year ago, he was practically a shrimp compared to these guys. Puberty came pretty late for him, but luckily when it did; it came by in one massive growth spurt, so at least he had some height now.

He looked around, observing the other guys. Most were socializing with each other, each with differing topics, including but not limited to the recent game win and upcoming games, along with a majority of other topics which didn't interest him. Apparently Adonis was being a cocky tool-bag again, but as long as the guy continued to be a strong player and didn't bother him, Kyran was fine with having the guy on the team. He just needed to learn a little class.

Some of the guys were horse-playing around half-naked, in their athletic shorts or football girdles. Several of them were whipping towels at each other, for laughs. During all this commotion, Ethan Johnson was able to nap through it all, somehow. Of course there were other guys, such as Cody, merely changing out of their uniforms, cooling down on the benches, waiting for their turns to shower too.

For a moment, Kyran caught his own eyes lingering a little too long again. He quickly turned his attention down to the football helmet and jersey in front of him. Kyran kept his head down, doing his best to avoid the awkwardness of looking like he was staring at another teen guy's half-naked body. As Kyran waited in silence in front of the rotating fan, he could feel the heat build from behind his own ears.

Miles Strickland - (Memories Thread #1 - Pre "It was Just a Drink" timeline wise.)

"Ugh. Smells like poor people."

It had been two years of being here after coming from a private school, but the one thing Miles Strickland still couldn't get used to was the wretched smell from within the football team locker room at Aurora High. Sure, after a while of being inside, the nose would adjust itself to tolerate it, but the maintenance could be better as the place didn't look like it was cleaned that often. It was never like this at the academy.

Still, Miles walked with a smile. They had just won a big game, which was awesome for the team's reputation and by association, his reputation around school. He didn't really like the sport as much as soccer, but the perks were definitely befitting. The best part was that he was used specifically as a field goal kicker, and didn't really work up too much of a sweat compared to the rest of them. He even had some time to finally shine in a varsity game. The senior kicker was out injured and thus, Miles was used as designated kicker. It was his lucky night too as every kick he made, scored and he was quite satisfied with that.

Of course, the showers were taken by the seniors, so unfortunately he had to wait a while to clean off the filth from his body. In the meantime, Miles disrobed from the clunky football gear into his more comfortable, athletic shorts, in red-orange color. He strutted shirtless and barefoot around the locker room for a bit, socializing with his friends and team-mates, while trying his best to (as much as he hated to admit, some of his fellow footballers were) avoid the stupid.

Each time, Miles congratulated the guys on a good game, with a pat on the back, or a handshake, unless they were really filthy and gross smelling, then he'd just nod instead. Miles chuckled when he saw Ethan Johnson actually sleeping on the bench again, after knowing what happened the last time.

Even Adonis' stupidity wasn't going to ruin his good mood. The guy was a decent player, but with an ego bigger than Miles' own. Luckily, Adonis didn't bother him and outwardly Miles got along with the guy. Adonis was a friend of Cody after all and Cody was probably one of Miles' best friends on the team. Speaking of Cody, Miles spotted him sitting on a bench opposite from wide-receiver, Kyran Dean in the room, changing out and waiting. Miles was about to approach Dean with another congratulatory pat, but stopped when the senior Dean, Eli, went over to talk to his younger brother first.

Miles shrugged his shoulders and went over to his pal Cody instead from behind, putting a hand on each shoulder, in an attempt to play around with the guy.

"Sup man!" Miles said loudly, with a squeeze and shake followed by a laugh before letting go and extending a hand to slap his friends’ hand.

"Fantastic game out there, Cody. Coach Sheldon, was cool letting the underclassman play that fourth quarter."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Miles smirked when Cody's palm connected with his. Although he hadn't always gotten along with the guy, they were good friends now.

When they first met freshmen year, Miles didn't think very highly of Cody; he was poor, swore and had a trashy sister. Eventually, throughout the school years Miles discovered that despite their socioeconomic standing and upbringing, they were quite similar. Both were alpha type males with a knack for socializing with and befriending other people, or at least the people who were cool and mattered. They shared and hung out in the same social-circles, had the nearly the same classes, and bonded through the team. In the end, Miles grew to like and respect Cody as one of his best friends.

As for the “poor” thing; Miles had more than enough to make up for that, so no problem.

Cody swore proudly in response about playing the game, before asking about their teammates, Michael Whaley and Adonis Alba. Miles always found it funny how he was able to adjust the way he spoke and behaved around different people, but still couldn’t bring himself to use the same kind of language as Cody just did. Sure, it was easy to use common vernacular such as “sup,” instead of the more formal “hello,” but swearing always felt so vulgar, most likely because his parents taught him such. He didn’t care if his friends swore though, as long as his father and mother weren’t around.

“Hah! Yeah, I saw Ethan knocked out cold again, too. Want to hide his extra change of clothes this time?” Miles suggested with a small laugh, before continuing on to answer Cody’s questions.

“Some of the other guys are outside the locker room, talking with the cheerleaders while they wait for the showers to free up. Mike and Alba might be out there too. I heard Lomelli might’ve called Adonis over for a little talk, but don’t quote me on that. I wouldn’t be surprised though, you know how he’s been lately.”

Miles stopped as he thought about the cheerleader part of his answer. There were a bunch of attractive girls in school to balance out the ugly ones like Sasquatch Mallory. There was Cassidy Kant, Emily Nakoa and his current trophy girlfriend, Stacy Ramsey, on the cheerleading squad alone.

“Hey Cody, who do you think are the hottest girls in our school?”

“You okay, Kyran?”

Kyran looked up to see his older brother, Elijah Dean standing near, still in his pads and helmet under his arm, staring at him questioningly. He froze for a minute, caught off guard by his brother’s inquiry, as he assumed, being a senior quarterback, Eli would be in the showers by now.

“Those were some pretty nasty hits you took, bro. Just making sure you’re alright and not too banged up again. Man, you always get hurt!” Eli laughed and slapped Kyran on the shoulder, to which Kyran flinched a little. If there was ever anybody who could read him well, it was his brothers.

“Yeah, I’m okay,” Kyran tried to say in his most convincing voice. Eli however, didn’t seem to buy it, as Kyran watched his brother’s face turn concerned, yet still remaining calm and friendly. Eli looked at Kyran knowingly for a moment before sitting down on the bench next to him. He repeated his earlier question with a slight rephrasal.

“Something wrong, Kyran?”
“Negative,” he answered near punctual in his statement. “I’m fine.”

Eli nodded at Kyran, but before he could say anything else, one of the other seniors called for Eli, yelling that there was a shower open for him.

“Shut up man, I’m talking to my brother! Wait okay?”

Kyran sat silently and waited for his brother to turn around and finish talking, when he heard someone mention something about hottest girls in school. For a moment he was glad Eli decided to talk to him instead of getting involved in another conversation like that with the rest of the guys. He already had to deal with the awkwardness of talking about that sort of thing with his father whenever they were at Centennial Park, especially when girls from his school would say hi to him. Typical dad.

Coincidentally Eli spoke up again, mentioning their dad being there on the bleachers watching the game.

“Dad was out there watching that last quarter, too. I was talking with him before I came in. He said he’s proud of you bro. That was a nice play between you and Patton there. Perfect pass, perfect catch. Heck, I’m pretty proud of you myself. Keep it up,” he said with a smile.

“Good job out there Patton! Have yourself a shower,” Eli turned around and called out to Cody, who Kyran noticed was stripped down to his underwear now. He looked away.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Miles looked on in amusement, as he watched Cody take up his suggestion and actually go on to hide Ethan's extra change of clothes.

At the same time, Cody began to name each of the girls he felt were the best Aurora had to offer. It seemed like Cody was into naturally tan girls with a bit of flavor in their personalities, by his mentions of Lana, Mara and Veronica. Miles couldn't blame him there, especially concerning Mara. They were way more than the blonde Barbie’s, which he'd grown tired of lately after dating Ms. Stacy "the prude" Ramsey. Well, she was nice to look at, he guessed, but weren't girlfriends supposed to do stuff?

It's like she kept him around as the trophy.

At least her mom is hot.

"Ah yeah. Mara's fine. She has an attitude, but I like 'em spicy." Miles flicked his tongue out briefly to make a comedic point.

When Cody brought up the older girl, Brandy, Miles' brain went into perfect segue mode. As the older Dean Brother gave words of encouragement and offered Cody to take his place in the free shower first; Miles opened up his locker to pull out his towel and searched for his phone from the pockets of his bag.

“Hey Cody, I’m thinking of moving on from Stacy soon. She’s hot, but her dad doesn’t own anything.” Miles chuckled at his brand of rich people humor before continuing on.

“I’m kidding. Turns out she’s a little more prudish than I expected, but I stuck around because of her mom. Here, check this out,” Miles said as he flipped through the pictures on his phone to a candid photo of Stacy’s hot mom in a two piece and then showed it to Cody.

Kyran turned his attention back to his brother; despite his curiosity in seeing a few of his teammates start to gather around to look at something on Miles' phone.

"Hey Kyran. Me and some of the other guys are heading over to the Around the Clock Diner, afterwards to hang out and celebrate, kind of. You want to come with?"

At first Kyran wanted to say no. He really didn't enjoy hanging out with the other guys on the team all that much. He'd just be over there sitting on the far corner, in silence and practically invisible again, just like all the other times. He didn't really like to join in their conversations about, girls, sex-capades, parties and what not either.

Maybe it was Eli's expression of pride after seeing Kyran make those catches and touchdowns, but he just couldn't say no to his older brother's offer and risk hurting his feelings, if he did care.

"Sure," Kyran said with some form of a smile.

"Awesome, man. Hell, after that great game, I'll buy you several rounds of... orange soda," Eli said with a laugh and a pat to Kyran's back. To that, Kyran smiled more genuinely and laughed a little along with Eli at the joke about Kyran's guilty pleasure drink of choice.

"Well anyway Kyran, since Patton's not going in, you can take the shower before me. Go ahead."

Kyran nodded at Eli, taking his towel with him as he headed to the free shower stall. He closed his eyes when the water fell onto his face, as he took a nice cold shower.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[[OOC: I said I wouldn't be slow, yet I was slow again. I'm very sorry for the wait!]]
((Note: This is just a Miles Strickland post. I'll bring in a Kyran Dean post, sometime later in the cycle when it makes more sense.You folks can go next.))

Miles laughed anyway at Cody's failed joke. He could definitely be dense at times, but that was part of his appeal.

"Hello Mikey!" Miles said with a cheeky smile and a single wave of the palm.

That's what Miles always called Michael, ever since he could remember meeting and playing with him for the first time yet he still hadn't quite grown out of using it. Miles had known Mike for years, ever since they were very young children in fact. The Eastmund's were family friends of the Bell’s and Strickland's. There was a time in those early years where he and Mike used to be playmates before they quickly drifted apart after having to attend different grade schools.

Miles still wasn't really sure why Mr. Eastmund decided to enroll Michael into public school. Mikey was a friendly kid, so why punish him?

Eventually, their developing differences in personality and lifestyle proved to be too much and they barely associated with each other for a long time even outside of their respective schools, especially in years where Mikey became pretty much distant to anyone and anything resembling what one would call a social life. It was tough to watch, so Miles just avoided him for a while.

Later, Miles was forced to leave the academy and attend Aurora Public High School, where for the first time in ten years they were in the same school and even on the same sports team where Mikey actually became surprisingly popular in a short amount of time. Still, their bond was never close as it could have been. They mostly only talked due to running in similar social circles and because they shared a few mutual friends. Like right now for example.

"Good job out there," Miles said after glancing at the bruises all over Mike's body. Miles was reminded again why he was glad that he was just the placekicker and didn't have to do much of the grunt work or the hard stuff like the rest of them.

"By the way, if you two haven't already heard, some of the team are heading for the Around the Clock Diner later. You guys up for that?"

Before anything else could happen, their sleeping team-mate, Ethan, decided it was now time to awaken from his slumber.
"Who had the bright idea to hide my clothes?" Ethan loudly asked the locker room.

"Beats me," Miles said casually with shrug. He went back to his phone still opened to a photo of Stacy's mom and tucked it back into his bag, while discretely flashing another cheeky grin at Cody as he passed by when he was sure Ethan couldn't see the front of his face.

"I'm going to see who else is going to the diner, be right back," Miles fibbed to get away from the prank scene temporarily, only to get towel whipped by someone on the way.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
After showering, Kyran had been quietly observing the scene Ethan was making, as he finished getting dressed. Cody and Miles were playing dumb, acting as if they had nothing to do with it. There were a few muffled snickers within the locker room toward Ethan and after a while of frantic searching Kyran felt like giving the guy a break. He slipped the strap of his bag over his shoulder and headed for the locker that he watched Cody hide Ethan's clothes early on.

"These your clothes, Ethan?" Kyran asked, already knowing the answer as he walked over and placed the set of clothing on the bench next to Ethan. He gave a nod of acknowledgement to Mike and Cody, not being much of a talker.

"Later," Kyran said before leaving the locker room in prep for the post game hang out the team had in mind at the diner.

[[Kyran Dean Continued Elsewhere...]]

Miles chuckled as he looked at the phone-picture that one of his teammates had asked him to take as the guy posed while doing some sort flex. He hadn't noticed it earlier, but Miles could see his own reflection in the mirror a dozen or so feet in back of his teammate, standing in his own sassy pose while holding the camera-phone in the photo itself. It was not on purpose, but nonetheless sexy and he knew it. Darn that awful song for getting stuck in his head.

Ethan was still looking around for his clothes and Miles couldn't help, but snicker along with some friends as he watched from a distance.

Miles didn't pay attention too much of what happened when Kyran gave Ethan his clothes. Instead he was keeping an eye on how many showers were getting freed up for the underclassman, so he could finally get clean.

"Hey, Cody!" Miles called out as he grabbed his towel and zipped straight to a stall. "The showers are open."

[[Miles Strickland Washed Up and Continued Elsewhere One Year Later To: It Was Just A Drink.]]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Memories (The Past) · Next Topic »
Add Reply