Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
If you ain't gettin' drunk, get the fu-; (Surgeon General's warning goes here.)
Topic Started: Jun 13 2012, 10:55 PM (5,753 Views)
Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Rutherford Roger Jr. Continued from Little Talks)

R.J. was already riding down the highway to get to Joey's house, even though the party didn't start till 8:00. R.J. checked his phone and saw it was 7:54. It was night time already, the stars were abundant, and the city lights looked beautiful on the dark horizon. However, there was no time to enjoy the scenery, especially since the he had the go ahead.

It was the beginning of summer, and the end of a long sophomore year. R.J. had about a week before he left to see his father, before being deployed again. Since he wanted to relax, Joey's party seemed perfect. Drink a few beers, hang out with some friends, maybe even watch the game. Seemed like everything was going to go swell. R.J. didn't imagine that Joey had that much beer, and slung around his shoulder was a plastic bag that held 3 big liters of beer that he got from the Quik Stop, which he hid inside in what use to be 3 big liters of empty Ginger-Ale.

R.J. pulled his bike up into Joey's driveway. Joey's parents were out, so there was nothing else in the driveway. He checked his phone again, and it was 8:04. He rang the doorbell and waited patiently.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Oh, hey guys." R.J. didn't even notice the two girls that were behind him when the brickhouse that was Joey opened the door and invited them all inside. Joey had asked if anybody else wanted to play some ping-pong , which seemed like a good way to past the time till more people came. But, business first.

"Yeah, sure, just give me a second."

R.J. placed the bag that held 3 large liters of beer, on the kitchen counter.

"Here, some Bud for my bud."

R.J. had been waiting to take a piss since he was halfway. He had been to Joey's house before, so he already knew where the bathroom was. A sigh of great relief passed through his whole body as he let nature do it's thing. He zipped back up his pants, washed his hands with soap, and was ready to roll.

"All right then, who's with who?"

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ooooooh, Beer Pong! I should have known that!

R.J. had seen beer pong videos before on YouTube. The rules varied depending on personal preference, but the basics seemed to be understood by most. Try to get the ball into the other team's cup and make them drink. If you get the ball in their cup, they drink, if you miss, you drink. The team with the most cups (and less achohol in their systems) at the end won.

R.J. took it upon himself to stack the cups into the shape of a triangle, two on each side of the table.

"We'll, if we're gonna mix things up a little, why don't we have me and Mal go against you guys?"

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Another guy named Ethan had come along, which was fine. More people meant more fun, right? He knew he was on the football team, so that usually meant that more football players were coming. Which was cool too. Football players were usually party animals, or so R.J. was told. Joey was a football player too, or use to be anyway, so R.J. figured that this was only natural. Jaq Locke also came in, evening up the ratio yet again.

Of course, there would be more time to think about this later, as there was beer pong to be played. Mallory had dubbed her and Ruth as "Team Ambiguous Gender" which was fitting.

"Yep. Androgyny, all day every day."

Of course now that Ethan was here, R.J. had wondered if "Team Dented Noses" was a better pair. He then realized that was mean, and tried to erase it from his mind. Joey had said that Mallory was up first.

"Don't worry, Mal. If you miss, I'll take the first drink."

Besides trying to be nice, R.J. actually was pretty thirsty, since he had been munching on some Jalapéno-flavored chips, which were better than he thought they would be.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mallory had something about chivalry, which amused R.J. on how silly that would be.. He imagined himself as a gallant knight riding on his mighty steed, across the plains of Ireland, to meet with the stocky and masculine princess. When suddenly a pothead dragon bursts through the kingdom chambers, incinerating all the villagers with his beer breath.

Wait,what?

Oh, It was just Travis. R.J. did know who Travis was, but not that well. One more girl came in, but R.J. didn't who she was at all. Mallory had dropped the ball, so R.J. took a cup from the table.

He was about a quarter away from finishing the bag of chips, and his throat was starting to get dry. With a quick swig, he finished the beer in a few gulps. After that, he took out another ball, not knowing Claire had found the original, and bounced the ball off the table and into the cup that was on the bottom right.

"All right, so who's gonna drink?"

He realized that only Claire, Mallory, and himself were the only one's still at table. Joey had left to go greet Travis and the other girl, and Ethan and Jaq seemed to be busy with each other. R.J. had just successfully got the ball in the cup, and since Mallory was on his team, so that left the girl who just bumped her head on the table...

"Hey, um, Claire...you OK? It's your turn to drink."

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It had occurred to R.J. that this game of beer-pong wasn't going to go particularly well. Mallory had just left in order to even out the odds, but you can't exactly play a party game with just two people. Everybody else seemed to be more interested in the art of when and where to smoke.

He turned back to Claire, who was chugging down the drink like a champ. She looked a little pale, so R.J. went to give her a light pat on the back in order to make her feel better.

"Look at you! Our little drinking p-"

Before R.J. could finish the word pro, Claire dolted to the bathroom. R.J. scurried after her to make sure she was OK. To him, it looked like Claire was throwing up in the sink.

There was something you were suppose to do when your friend was throwing up, or at least something he had seen in a movie, but he couldn't remember what it was. So, all he could was pat Claire on the back and ask if she was okay.

"M-maybe we should find something else to do, yeah? Somethin' that doesn't need you to drink..."

R.J. was worried for Claire. He also had drunk a beer from the game, and he felt fine so far. Maybe she had drunk a different brand, something that was way to strong for her. Regardless, Claire wasn't well.

"You need anything, like a cup or some food?"

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Ah, well that's good then."

R.J. was happy that Claire was Okay, given that he wouldn't know how to handle a sick and drunk Claire. They had made her way into the kitchen where Travis and Joey were.

"And how much can I safely take?"

Joey was probably talking about drugs, of which kind, R.J. didn't know. He hoped it was just pot, but R.J. figured that Joey was a big boy, and that he could take care for himself.

Not wanting to bother the two boys about smoking and seeing that Claire was perfectly fine, he went to grab another beer from the table. Figuring that nobody wanted to play anymore anyway, R.J. took a sip from the cup.

R.J. quietly slumped himself onto the couch and flipped on the TV, hoping that nobody would mind. He couldn't find the baseball Game, but he did find the Bulls playing the Heat, 64-56. He took another sip and tried to enjoy himself.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
68-76. What in all the living hell. Goddammit, Derrick Rose, The university of Memphis did not invalidate your SAT'S so you could choke in the 4th.

"Hey man, what's on?"

Claire had just sat down next to him. It was a party after all, and Ruth did feel weird just sitting here, so it was nice to have a friend. However, Ruth was a little bit mad. It was the conference finals, and the Bulls had previously lost 3 games in a row. If they lost this one, it was all over. His cheeks were even turning a little pink. Or maybe that was the beer. It didn't matter. Of course, he couldn't just have a little fit and throw all that he had at Claire. She didn't deserve that. He just gave a little "Oi" and rested back on the couch trying to think.

Twirling his hair, R.J. said, "Eh, nothin' much, just watching the finals." He tried to take another sip from the cup, but it was practically empty.

"The Bulls are playing The Heat. The Heat's Winning..." Ruth's voice became a little grave once he started that second sentence.

"Gah, I'll be right back."

He left the couch, wanting to get another beer. He clipped his own shoe, almost making his fall flat on his face. When he regained his balance, he raised his hands up in the air like a gymnast, giving a humble bow. He grabbed yet another beer from the table. Ruth couldn't remember which this one was, but it was either 5th or the 6th. After sliding past Claire like he was in the movies, exclaiming "sorry" and moving fast and nervously, he slummed back down on the couch. The commentator sounded very excited. Shit.

"LeBron has the ball, passes it to Udonis Haslem, passes back to LeBron, who passes it back to Udonis. UDONIS SHOOTS FROM THE HALFWAY LINE AND HE-"

"TTTTHHHHHRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Dammit!" R.J. took a big gulp from the plastic cup.

68-79.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, me too..."

Did he have any money on this game? Maybe with his brother or some of his friends? If he did, this was gonna suck. If he didn't, it still sucked. Ruth hated this, especially since it was at Chicago. His home town. He didn't live their long, but he loved it anytime he visited. This game was practically over, there was no hope left. He gave a little huff, and his upper body fell on to the couch, his legs still on the ground. Cup lying on the table, R.J. stared at it blankly. Then music came on. It was FloRida, R.J. knew that much. What he was singing, was up in the air. It didn't matter, but it was making Ruth feel a little bit better. He looked nonchalantly at Claire.

"Wanna dance?" he asked.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Why not?"

Allright, so Claire was up for some dancing. That was good...except R.J. remembered he couldn't dance, or at least not very well. He was a bit buzzed, so that might be a problem. He finished his cup, and went to show his moves. As long as there was a big open space, he shouldn't have to much of a problem not tripping over his own self. He was ready to start dancing to FloRida when he realized the music had changed. He didn't know what the name of the band was, but he could tell the genre. Rock. Different genres called for different dance moves. He started bobbing his head back and forth, and rocked his hips left to right softly. He felt like they were doing pretty well, although Ruth didn't really know what qualified as good dancing. He was just sort of winging it, trying to enjoy himself.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
R.J. waved to Claire as she left the party.

Rutherford was a bit bummed that his friend was leaving, but he was too buzzed to keep a sheepish grin off his face for too long. Especially since his best friend since kindergarten had just swooped his into the best bro-hug of all time. He heard a strange plastic noise behind them, but he didn't really care.

"Joey, you're my best friend too and all, but you're kinda *HURK*...breaking my spine."

As Joey tightened his grip on Rutherford, the skinnier boy gave a little chuckle. The boys were the same height, yet Rutherford felt like he was in space.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dropped like a hot potato. There was a thudding sound inside R.J.'s head, which he was pretty sure that no one else was hearing.

"Oooowwww, now I think I got a migraine."

He rubbed his forehead, feeling the warmth of what was possibly a fever. He vision was kinda blurred, so he reached for the glasses he kept hung around his shirt. Except they weren't there.

"Ssshhhhiiiitttt, I left them at home again..."

The young man sat up on the floor, one foot under his outstretched leg, and rubbed his eyes. He looked back behind him and saw that everyone was huddled close to each other. Wondering what the commotion was, he also walked over there.

"CRACK*

"Aw, goddammit, I stepped on a chip."

As R.J. wiped the chip off the bottom of shoe, he tried to pay attention to what everybody else looking at.

"You're a Sasquatch!"

"What."

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Joey looked at R.J. with a rather coy look. He looked back at him with a "Shit, man, already." However goosebumps were forming on the boy's back. He stared at Travis, who until this point, looked like a pretty chill guy. There was just this look on his face that seemed like he was ready to actually hurt somebody. And...were those tears? He couldn't tell, but there seamed to be a gleam coming off his face. Mallory and Susan tried to talk to him, but it didn't look like it was working. In fact it was

"I just said that most parents teach their kids good manners and that yours obviously didn't, because accepting apologies is Manners 101 and good parents teach that shit. You know, apologies, don't chew with your mouth full, whatever. Even I know that. Hell, it was hammered into me when I was, like, three. Four. Not important, the exact age, but way before whatever age you are unless you had your growth spurt ridiculously early--wait."

...Well this didn't seem like it was gonna go well.

"... What was that you said about my parents, Sasquatch?"

Seeing as how Joey looked like he was on a different planet, and it didn't look like Susan and Mallory were able to help themselves, It dawned on R.J. that maybe he should play peacemaker here. He barely heard Jaquilyn talking to him, beyond the Baby Ruth part.

"I really wish she would stop calling me that..."

He tried to walk over to Travis, talk to him, see if he could be reasoned. But then randomness had to be a little jerk...

"H-hey, are you all right ma---"

R.J. seemed to have slipped on a can, creating another loud thudding inside his head.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
While R.J. was lying face down, he could feel a part of his head throbbing. He was getting a little pissed about how all this stuff was knocking him down. And it didn't help that everybody else was acting like an idiot all of a sudden, and were only making things worse. Travis apparently can't keep his emotions in check, Mallory can't keep her goddamn mouth shut or her opinions to herself, Joey was out of his mind, there was some other chick who R.J. didn't know what she doing (but it was something dumb he presumed) and Claire, the only person besides Joey and Jaq he actually knew here, already left. And he got called Baby Ruth.

"This party sucks..."

R.J. also hated how he seemed he had to be the one to be Superman here, since everybody else was either incompetent or incapable. Maybe he didn't have any room to speak, but neither did anyone else. Even Jaq, who knew Karate of all things, didn't seem to want to completely stop him. Besides, even if she did, Travis was like the anorexic personification of Cocaine and he'd probably be broken like a stick. And now he wants to act like a tough guy by trying to beat up someone for an accident? R.J. got up yet again and went over to talk to this guy. Jaq already had her hand on his chest, stopping him as calmly as possible. R.J. stood next to the girl, only being a bit taller then the her.

"Hey, could you stop crying for a second and calm down? Everything is okay, see she's walking away..."

Maybe these weren't the best choice of words, but R.J. hoped they would be the ones to let Travis think about what he was doing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Memories (The Past) · Next Topic »
Add Reply