Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
If you ain't gettin' drunk, get the fu-; (Surgeon General's warning goes here.)
Topic Started: Jun 13 2012, 10:55 PM (5,883 Views)
umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
(This thread is OPEN, and takes place between sophomore and junior year.)

Joey plopped himself down on the couch. It was 8 O'clock, on the dot, party time. He cracked open the first beer, officially commencing the drinking. Beer cans were never as exciting as kegs, but they kept things simpler and cleaner.

His cousin had been kind enough to provide the beverages. Of course, he'd taken a big ass tip, but it would be worth it in the end. Joey'd been planning this party since he saw the invitation in the mail. While his parents watched their third string friend get married, they'd probably be drinking too.

They wouldn't even care if I threw a party. So long as nothing, and nobody, breaks.

Ruth would probably join him soon. In the meantime he'd just sip his Yuengling and wait for people to start showing up. He wasn't sure in all who'd be there, but that's how parties worked.

A final glance around confirmed that all the chips were out, and the mixers and chasers were nearby their assumed partner liquors. It was a good thing Alfonso had talked him out of a keg, there would be enough left overs already.

Joey hoisted himself up, and made his way over to the snack table. If his guests were anything like himself, he'd have over an hour to kill before having to entertain. He popped some jalapeño flavored chips in his mouth, savoring the burn before extinguishing it with beer. Finding them tastier than he'd expected, he took the bowl back to the couch with him. Snacking would help pass time, and he knew better than to drink on an empty stomach.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Aiight, Rutty's here! You got any idea of when anybody's gettin-"

There was a knock at the door, and a stocky girl soon filled the doorway. Joey remembered she was a regular in the weight room. She wasn't exactly a model, but it was better than having three dudes and no chicks. Chicks sometimes got awkward when they didn't have anybody to go to the bathroom with.

"What's up, Nice Guy?

Alright so she didn't care. Joey made a mental note of her chillness before starting to rise to greet his first guests.

A third person appeared in the doorway, which was still open. Another girl in fact.

"Wassup R.J? Hey, Mal."

Joey'd seen her before too. In fact, he'd assumed the chatter box was more of a dork until now. Always talking about something, he'd assumed she spent her free time using the Internet to learn or something. But here was Glasses, ready to party.

And she's fixing the ratio. And she's not looking half bad.

He strut up toward the door, trying to look as welcoming and hostly as possible, while still looking macho and respectable. On the way, he passed the long folding table and a pack of hollow, plastic spheres. He snatched it up I'm his meaty and made for the visitors.

"Heya guys, I'm Joey, welcome to my humble home."

He snickered at his false formality, and waited for their reactions, hoping they'd say their names and save him having to ask Ruth later.

When the conversation slowed again, he held up the pack of ping pong balls.

"Anybody up for 2 on 2?"
Edited by umop-ap!sdn, Jun 14 2012, 10:57 PM.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Joey's eyebrows narrowed.

Ping pong?

They all seemed to be up for it, despite it seemingly out of place, and kinda lame. But they all had paddles now...

"Whaddya got to drink?"

Now they were getting back on track.

"Smirnoff, Kracken, Cuervo, Pinnacle Whipped, and beer. The mixers are over there if ya want."

He paused, and then grabbed a stack of cups. He'd intentionally asked his cousin to avoid red cups and Solo cups, the song was enough go make him sick. Coupled with drinking, he preferred just to avoid the possibility of a musical outburst.

"Hey since we got the stuff for it, how about we just beer pong? Standard rules, no leaning, two restacks, yadda yadda?"

Everybody seemed very passive about teams, and he didn't want to be the one to crack.

"We can do guys and girls, or we could mix it up and get to know each other."

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
(OOC: I'm not really expecting us to RP every shot or reaction to the shot, and were probably gonna elapse time a bit, so don't feel like you have to focus on the game.)

"Heya Ethan, what's up? We were just starting a little pong, if you wanna Celebrity Shot lemme know, drinks are over there, and food over there! If Claire here ends up being a lousy shot you n' me can take winners!"

Anxious about playing, he turned his attention back to the table, politely tossing Mallory the ball.

"Start us of, Lemons!"

The bag had been moved to the mixer table. It looked slightly less out of place next to the diet coke.

He was impressed with himself that, not even a half hour into party time, a few people had showed up already. And Ethan's presence suggested some more footballs kids would be arriving soon, which was good. The current mix of kids were social enough, but definitely a seemingly random handful.

Whatever, parties are for 3 things. Meeting people, meeting girls, and... Uhh... Well... Partying?

He convinced himself it sounded cool, and waiting for the next thing to happen.

He didn't have to wait long. Jaq Locke entered right behind Ethan, who the door hadn't even shut behind quite yet.

She smiled seeing everything set up, making sure to smile especially big at Ethan, the cutest of the current male pool.

"Sorry I'm late, but I didn't want to be on time."

(let's try to get more people before going on too much, otherwise I feel like it's gonna be super slow.)
Edited by umop-ap!sdn, Jun 16 2012, 04:25 PM.

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jaq smiled at Ethan. "Thanks, you!" Remembering she was a host, she held up one finger and asked, "where's our host?"

She found Joey looking bored at a folding table covered with cups. She extended her arms as she neared, and he looked up, very happy to see her. With the heels she was wearing, she had to bend down a little bit. The embrace lasted a little longer than appropriate before separating. Jaq moved back toward Ethan.

Joey then left to go high five Travis. It probably wasn't the polite party thing to do, but his other pongers would probably realize that, ad a host of a banging party, he would have to be social with everybody. Mallory had gone and lost the ball anyway.

After a quick high five/handshake with bro Travis, Joey went for the bag to see the new toys. He heard a female voice from the doorway.

Looking up to see Susan, he called back, "HELLZ YEAH BABY!" His swag then vanished when he found himself unable to unzip the back pack. Quitting? He looked up to Travis.

"So, whatcha got in here?"

Jaq reunited with her pal. Unsure where the conversation was, or where it was going.

"Sorry, where were we?"

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Joey scooped up Travis's bag and hande it back to him. He turned to walk away and beckoned over his shoulder.

"Let's keep the smoking in the kitchen, guy. Ladies don't seem to be approving of the activity."

He led the way to the kitchen, hoping Travis was following. He struggled to think of something ironically sexist to say, but it became too much work. He called behind him without looking, "so you got pot?"

Pot was his usual, but Travis seemed especially proud of his bringings.

Meanwhile, Jaquilyn returned to Ethan. She didn't directly face him, wanting to keep her eyes on the door to see if anybody else cute walked in.

Her eyes turned back to him with her passive interest.

"Me too, just glad to be outta the house. Had to climb down the side of my house to get hear, but I'm hoping it'll all be worth it."

She showed the scrapes on her soft hands.

"Wanna go get something to drink with me?"

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Joey heard talking and coughing from the next room, but nothing that seemed attention demanding. He pulled back a stool at his counter and pulled an ashtray closer to them. Having a chain smoking parent paid off.

"Pffft, do I got pot? And here I thought you knew me better!"

So, what was in it?

"Heheh, I might have some other stuff as well, but we're saving that for later!"

He reached for the backpack, having lost his patience. Travis's ambiguity was killing him. He heard bottles clink and plastic bags rustle. He was about ready to grab the bag and tear it down the middle.

"Dude! Quit teasing! Whatchu got? And how much can I safely take?"

-------------------------------------------------------

"Well it looks like I am done with this beer so I would love to another one with one."

Jaquilyn blinked. Either she heard him wrong, or he'd misspoken. There was no point in asking him to repeat himself. She was pretty sure she knew what he meant. And not just about this, the whole parents being away seemed a little suggestive too.

"Sure, I'll come grab one with ya. I'm a PBR girl, but I'm not picky."

As she got up and walked, she addressed the other fact he'd discreetly mentioned.

"So, parents are outta town, huh?" She felt herself switch in a mischievous tone. She was pretty sure she knew what he was getting at, but she wasn't into it. Hooking up was fun and all, but she wouldn't be screwing anybody she wasn't sure was a perfect hunk. Jaq did not settle, no. Ethan would have to prove his worthiness.

"You should throw a party!"

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jaq's devious smile widened. Ethan was down to host, and she was always down to be a guest. Sure, this party wasn't bad, but Ethan coulp probably throw an even better one. She internally frowned at her ability to think clearly.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to see if there's any tequila."

She patted his knee, reassuring him that she'd return after a shot or two. Drinking wasn't fun. Being drunk was fun.

Joey pulled up the bag of pills. Weed had lost it's exciting charm weeks ago, and these looked temptingingly badass. He pulled two out into his hand, like asprin. Probably a lot for a first time user, but he would NOT be outdone by Travis.

He handed his friend the plastic bag back, holding out his palm with the pills. "On three, then?"

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jaq slinked away towards the kitchen. She hadn't seen any terribly hard liquor in the living room, but Travis had announced that he'd brought some booze as well. She turned her shoulders to manuever between the other party guests. They all seemed to be female. Except one, but upon closer inspection, it was just a brutish one. She felt herself slightly bump into somebody, the Asian girl. Jaq turned her head to make brief eye contact, just to see who it was. Upon not recognizing her, she simply raised her eyebrows in acknowladgement and went on her way.

She entered the kitchen to see Travis and Joey taking some mystery pills. Her interest piqued, and she moved closer. Joey looked over, his face bright with excitement. She smiled at the first time druggies. Pills were too intense for her, but she remembered why she was here. She moved towards the party back-pack and unzipped it. Whatever was in there, he certainly wasn't ashamed of. He'd probably like to see how impressed she was by his stash.

"Trav, you got any tequila?"

Joey waited for the effects to take it. His blood was flowing faster now, but that was just due to his excitement. His heart was pounding, and his stomach was turning. The placebo effect convinced him he even felt a little light headed. He hid his reactions to these red-herring symptons, he'd feel like a wuss if he felt it before Travis.

Even though this drug would probably hit him pretty hard in the next few minutes, he didn't want to freak anybody out. Being the life of the party was one thing, but getting naked and baking cookies would be another. He waved to Jaq as she entered, and then went back to grinning at Travis in wait.

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
"There we go, m'lady. I hope this small token gift shall please you..."

Jaquilyn turned to look over her shoulder and gave a wicked half smile, blinking as she did so. She was bent over to reach into the back pack with her legs crossed at the shins. She stood as she received the bottle from Travis.

[/i]"... and get you royally fucked up on this wonderous occation."[/i]

Jaq pulled the cap from the bottle and raised the top of it to her nose. She circled it around, letting the liquid swirl and breathe. She grabbed a cup with her other hand and quickly poured herself a small amount. From eyeballing it, it looked to be about two shots with change.

She closed her eyes tightly, pouring the liquid to the back of her throat and swallowing it quickly. The burn followed, and her eyes watered a little bit. She blinked the tears back in before taking the cup back down, she didn’t need her mascara running.

“Ahhhhh.” She inhaled the first cold breath following the alcohol. “Thanks boys.” She returned to the couch to find the target of her flirtations missing.

She turned towards the door to see a final smile before he left. She waved back, wiggling her fingers. Once the door closed, she sighed and began scoping out again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joey was feeling a bit of nausea. He started to worry a little bit. Discomfort following a new drug was often a bad idea. Maybe Travis had gotten some bad stuff from a dealer, maybe he was taking vitamins. For all he knew, he was getting ruffied.

Warmth. It flowed over his body slowly, like somebody pulling a comforter over him. A big goofy smile appeared and looked over at Travis. Joey lifted his hand and snapped his fingers, the slight friction between them feeling like pure bliss. He rubbed his hands together to stimulate more sensation. Even breathing felt magnificent.

He wandered out into the living room to see all his friends. His very best friends. He loved them all so much, and it was so great that they could all be there. They were all such good people, he jut wished this party would be nice enough to reward them for being so special.

The music hit his ears, and it sounded like angels singing. Joey tried to make his way over to the stereo to turn it up, but saw a dancing Ruth before he could make it there. The small boy was quickly grabbed in a big bear hug.

"YOU are my beeeeeeeeeest friend."

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Joey released the struggling R.J. He looked around at the room. His house looked so familiar, but so different. It was like he was seeing it through different eyes entirely. He turned around, stumbling ever so slightly. His eyes darted around.

He felt confused. Even a little nauseated, but he still felt good. Really good. He felt like he was floating, but also very heavy. His mind was racing, but his body was completely relaxed. He looked around for somebody else to talk to.

"Where the fuck is my boy, Travis?"

He turned back towards the kitchen.

"How YOU feeling?"

----------------------------------------------------

Jaquilyn looked up towards the pill poppers. She was bored, and high people were always entertaining.

Out of nowhere, a can hit Travis in the head. Apparently, this party was really getting started now. Feeling excited by a little bit of chaos, she looked around for the thrower, ready to jump into the fight, and unsure which side se would be on.

Mallory the man had her hands cupped over her mouth, and Susan looked amused. There might have even been a hidden snicker in there.

She stood up and made her way towards the two. Susan whispered to Mallory, Jaquilyn grabbed a tostido chip from a bowl and tossed it in their direction. Travis probably didn't deserve the passive-aggressive can shot, and this bitch wasn't going to get away with it.

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Joey stepped in front of Travis, not entirely sure what was happening, but seeing Travis angry had alerted Joey to a potential problem. He looked towards the other shouter, who looked flustered. Joey tried to diffuse, but really just had no idea of exactly what was happening. He opened his mouth to say something calming, but realized he couldn't given his lack of knowledge of the situation. His comforting and level headed voice he'd prepared turned back into a confused whispered.

"Yo, what's going on?"

There was a crunch. He looked over at Ruth who'd just stepped on a chip very far from the chip bowl, and very far from the trash. More confusion, somebody was probably just being sloppy already. He rolled his eyes at whoever wasn't keeping their shit together, and gave his little buddy a slightly condescending glance that asked, "really?"

He turned back to his fuming party guests and tried to keep his foggy head level. Susan seemed to be a bystander, maybe she could fill him in in an unbiased way.

"Heyo Susan, what happened?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaquilyn's chip landed far off from the girl. It figured, chips were't exactly baseballs, and it was a long throw. A couple yards was pretty off, but it seemed the point was made, even if it wasn't reacted to in any real way. Sasquatch 1 had given Jaquilyn a funny look, and she wasn't sure how to take it. She moved a little closer to the action, trying to see if anything was going to be made of it.

*CRACK*

aw fuck.

She turned to see Rutherford wiping the crumbs off the bottom of his shoe. Glancing back, she saw Joey hobble/stumble over to Travis and start a dazed interrogation.

The party was winding down in a sort of escalating way. Nobody was drinking very much, and she was hardly even socializing. She had her tequila, but she wasn't going to be the only drunk person at the party. Even if Sasquatch might have been a little off balance, Jaquilyn didn't feel comfortable getting wasted around this group of soft-core partiers. She'd have one more go at conversation, and see if anything interesting happened. Otherwise, she'd be off with her bottle to save for another, better party.

"Hey Baby Ruth, what's going on?'

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Joey was getting flustered. While normally, he would be frustrated and angry, he could only feel confusion now. Travis was being loud, Mallory was being loud, Susan didn't seem to be helping, and Ruth was just eating shit everywhere. It wasn't quite chaos, but things seemed to be heading in a poor direction. At least there were few enough people at the party to keep it contained, and chances of a noise complaint were next to none.

"Pum quich saxaid zaxat vech paxalonks toaxast zoil gids keew vaxannols pi zaxat yeuls efvieusrupp idniz, focaxauso axaccoptick axaperegios dis Vaxannols Ms pi keew paxalonks toaxast zaxat skit. Ug gned, axaperegios, peniz stod um yeep veuth burr, haxatovol. Ovon Pum gned zaxat. Whorr, dit waxas whaxammolow dinke vo hon Pum waxas, riko, zloo. Beep. Jet dimpeltaxank, zo oxaxand axago, fut waxaupp fobelo haxatovol axago ug axalo unropt ug whaxad yeep klewth spult lidicureusrupp oaxalrupp--waxait"

Huh?

"... Haxat waxas zaxat ug saxaid axafuk vupp paxalonks, Saxasquaxatst?"

Joey Polpetta plopped himself down and just took to watching. His body was warm, and his head was foggy. In fact, it felt like his conscience was swimming in a pool of his thoughts. A very warm pool. And his fingertips felt like they were being grazed by all the pleasantries of the word. He watched his hand glide back and forth on the couch's surface while Ruth struggled to get up a few feet away. Nobody was making sense, but he could entertain himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Ruth walked away from Jaquilyn's question. She scoffed and looked back to the action. It had escalated to a point where even Susan was trying to work damage control.

"I just said that most parents teach their kids good manners and that yours obviously didn't, because accepting apologies is Manners 101 and good parents teach that shit. You know, apologies, don't chew with your mouth full, whatever. Even I know that. Hell, it was hammered into me when I was, like, three. Four. Not important, the exact age, but way before whatever age you are unless you had your growth spurt ridiculously early--wait."

Mallory's face changed as Susan's words hit her.

"... What was that you said about my parents, Sasquatch?"

Jaquilyn turned sideways to slide past Baby Ruth. Maybe she could get through to Travis. Even Jaquilyn could see that this was a misunderstanding. She stopped short as Ruth slipped on the can. She didn't have time to see if he was alright, Travis looked ready to blow.

She only managed to get out an apologetic, "Look out! Sorry!" as she stepped over the clumsy boy.

As she neared the boy about to unleash the beast, she felt herself grow afraid. She'd never seen anybody so pissed before. She swallowed her fear and forcefully put her hand on his chest.

Trying to speak as calmly as possible, she began trying to talk him down. "She didn't mean it Trav, don't mind her. She's just saying words."

She could feel his heart pounding through his chest.

Oh no.

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Joey sat on the couch with his palms at each of his sides. His fingers opened and closed rythmically to the beat of the music as he intook everything he was sensing. His toes clenched and relaxed as he watched his feet.

Ruth and Jaq seemed to have a handle on the situation, and Travis wasn't much of a brawler. And even he could realize this was fucking stupid. Travis was probably just having a bad trip.

He took a swig of beer, its slight bitterness dancing on his tongue. As the foam rushed down his throat, he leaned back and enjoyed the sensation. Why couldn't everybody just calm the hell down?

---

Travis apologized for not being able to calm down. What?

Jaq stood her ground. She was the lightest of the three people present, but she'd scuffled before, and she wasn't afraid of embarassing Travis if he made an ass out of himself. Her arms were slightly extended at her sides. She, for once at a party, was happy not to be intoxicated.

Mallory asserted herself once more before calmly leaving. Baby Ruth appeared at Jaq's side.

"Hey, could you stop crying for a second and calm down? Everything is okay, see she's walking away..."

That was not a way to handle a raging bull. If Travis was determined enough to fight, he probably would. And now with little Baby Ruth coming in and telling him to quit crying???

She stepped in front of R.J as quickly as she could and gave him a little hush nudge. He was going to get himself decked.

"YOU are going to get the shit beat outta you," she turned to Travis, "And YOU are going to make an even bigger ass outta yourself for hittin' this kid."

She reached her arm out to put on Travis's side so she could forcefully walk him away from everybody. She pulled at him, sighing grumpily, wishing she could just get drunk and not deal with shit.

"Look, I'm not your fucking mother, but get a Godamm hold of yourself. You need to quit with the sensitive bitch stuff and just chill the hell out."
Edited by umop-ap!sdn, Mar 29 2013, 12:30 PM.

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Memories (The Past) · Next Topic »
Add Reply