Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
If you ain't gettin' drunk, get the fu-; (Surgeon General's warning goes here.)
Topic Started: Jun 13 2012, 10:55 PM (5,876 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Claire Monaghan checked her cell phone's clock. She was early.

Hell yeah. Early for the party, first to get the good food and drinks. Hehehe.

Claire's parents were out of town that week. Her dad was at a medical conference in San Francisco, and her mother tagged along to go sight seeing and shopping with friends. They knew she was going to a party and made sure she wouldn't misbehave. For the most part, that involved making sure she didn't drink too much, didn't engage in anything explicit, and generally acted like a reasonable individual.

Plus, her brother was home from college, so she basically had an adult figure looming over her. Mason was dropping her off at the party, and would be back to get her at eleven.

Claire and Mason were nearing Joey's house.

"Okay Claire," her brother said, "you remember what Mom and Dad said. It might not be fun, but they want to be able to trust you on this kind of stuff. Just drink soda, chat with some friends, try to make the most of your time."

"Alright," she said. "Man, you became kind of a stick in the mud really quickly."

"Oh please," Mason responded, "while you are at your lame high school party, I'll be shooting heroin and painting the Fremont Troll pink. Don't say I'm not fun."

"Okay Mase," she sarcastically responded, "you go be the wild one. I'll get us home alive with my learner's permit. Oh, hey, we're here."

Mason pulled the car up in front of the house. Claire unbuckled her seat belt and grabbed her jacket.

"Although admittedly, I would love to see a pink troll. I'm sure you can do it in time."

"Go on sis," Mason said, pushing Claire's shoulder. "Go be young and do all that John Hughes shit."

"Thaaaanks," she responded, stretching the vowels.

She stepped out of the car and closed the door. A moment later, Mason was driving off.

Okay, high school party. What to expect? Julia Stiles dancing on a table, Rachel McAdams kissing Lindsay Lohan's crush, probably one of the Stacys getting body shots done off them. Are either of them coming to this?

That's when Claire noticed the two at the door. The one closest to the door was the girly looking guy Claire had been friends with since fifth grade. Next to him was a soccer player, holding lemons. She waved to them as she approached.

"Wassup R.J? Hey Mal."
Edited by Laurels, Aug 29 2012, 11:08 AM.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, Glasses Girl.

"You can call me Claire," Claire told Mallory, "like Claire Denis or Claire Bennett from Heroes. 'Glasses Girl' implies that I'm defined solely by my appearance. I'd much rather you judged me by my soul instead."

The doughy guy hosting the party welcomed them into the house. Claire briefly looked around and took in all of Joey's home. R.J. was going to the bathroom, while Joey was trying to invite her and Mallory into playing ping pong.

"Ping Pong sounds fun," Claire said. "I have no preference for teams."

Claire walked over to a bowl of potato chips and put a few in her mouth.

"Whaddya got to drink?" she asked Joey.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Ooh, beer pong sounds awesome," Claire said. "I never played it before."

She listened as Joey explained the rules. Soon, R.J. and Mallory began to declare their alliance. It kind of forced Claire to work with Joey, someone she hadn't really known, but figured if they were playing a game, it might be fun.

"Okay, me and Polpetta versus you guys," said Claire.

That's when she heard the knocking at the door. Some kid named Ethan was at the door.

"Awesome, more peeps," she said.

Okay Joey, I hope you're good at ping pong. I can't get drunk tonight.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Claire was surprised that Ethan wasn't the last person to enter the house. Soon after he arrived, a few other people came in. First was Jaquilyn Locke. Claire knew Jaquilyn was into stunts, and had considered using her for a film of hers. However, Claire hasn't made any films that require a lot of stunt work, so she hasn't really found a way to use her.

Then Susan Clarke came in. Claire knew Susan was a member of the softball team. She filmed a few games, and Susan was an awesome third base player.

Lastly, Travis Webster came in. Claire thought he looked kind of creepy, and the fact that he was a drug dealer made her worry about the kind of drugs he sold. But whatever, he was invited to this party, so he had to be okay.

She turned back to the beer pong game, only to see that Mal had lost the ping pong ball.

"Uh, whoops," Claire said. "Here, I'll help."

Claire got on her knees and began feeling around on the floor. She began to feel around, hoping to find it, when she felt something round and plastic.

"Oh! Got it!"

*bang*

"Dammit!"

Claire had quickly sat up when she found the ping pong ball and hit her head on the underside of the table. She slowly crawled out and set the ball on the table, rubbing the injured spot.

"Jeez, I haven't even had anything to drink and I'm already being stupid. So, uh, should we start?"
Edited by Laurels, Aug 29 2012, 11:09 AM.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well damn.

R.J. managed to get the ball in the cup on the first go. She had to drink. She promised Mason, but she couldn't look like a pussy in front of R.J. and Mallory.

"Okie-dokie, first drink," Claire said. "Here I go."

She picked up the red Solo cup and stared at the liquid inside. Before she took a sip, Mallory mentioned leaving so it wouldn't be completely stacked against Claire.

Well, that was nice of Mal. Okay, no clue what this beverage is, but I better just chug it down. Better keep the game going.

Claire put the rim of the cup to her lips and tipped it up. The beer began to pour down the throat. It was, in a word, unpleasant. Claire still didn't have a taste for alcohol, and whatever beer they poured into the cups was something Claire wasn't really prepared to drink.

That's when she felt something in her throat. She quickly coughed, spilling some of the beer out of her mouth and onto the floor. She continued to cough.

*cough* Goddammit *cough*.

She set the cup down and ran to the nearest bathroom. She spit into the sink, hoping to clear some of the leftover beer from her mouth. She then turned on the faucet and held her hands under the running water. She collected some water in her cupped hands and drank from them.

Okay, maybe I will just stick to soda tonight.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Claire continued to sip the water from her hands when R.J. appeared, checking on her status.

M-maybe we should find something else to do, yeah? Somethin' that doesn't need you to drink... You need anything, like a cup or some food?

"I'm okay" she began to say, wiping her hands on a hand cloth. "Just had a tickle in my throat as I was drinking, made me gasp for air and begin to cough. I'm fine, I coughed it all out. I don't think I'll drink anything else tonight."

Claire covered her mouth with her fist and let out a quick burp.

"So, yeah, let's go join the others. See what the buzz is with these guys."

Claire moved out of the bathroom and made her way to the kitchen. She picked up a cup and began to pour some soda into it.

Well Mason, you won.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Claire finished pouring her orange soda and took a big swig of it. It was easier to down than whatever kind of beer was in the beer pong cup. She filled her cup up again and slurped the bubbles up.

Man, this is some good stuff.

Claire looked around the kitchen. She could see a few people were chatting with each other. That's when she noticed that R.J. was sitting on the couch watching TV. Claire thought it was a little weird to watch TV when there were people around to socialize with.

Then again, R.J. is alone. I ought to chat with him.

Claire then looked at the bar of snacks. She grabbed the bowl of potato chips and walked over to the couch.

"Hey man, what's on?" she asked as she sat down, placing the chips on the coffee table.

He was watching basketball. Claire was never that into sports. It was one thing to cheer for the Seahawks, but she never really focused on basketball.

"So, what's happening? Who's winning?" she asked R.J.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
According to R.J, the game was just the Bulls against the Heat. He didn't seem that happy though. He stumbled as he got up to get some beer.

Wow. It's like he's about to collapse inwards.

He then came back to the couch as one of the players got a three point shot. R.J.'s reaction made it clear he was not pleased with that.

"I'm hoping you didn't put any money on this game," she said, taking a chip out of the bowl and eating it.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
R.J. looked so forlorn over the basketball game. Claire didn't blame him. He was a pretty big Chicago Bulls fan, and so it must have hurt him to see his team lose. She figured it was like watching someone like Humphrey Bogart getting an Oscar nomination for a really fantastic role, only to lose it to Adam Sandler.

Claire then noticed that the music was changing. Some of the sporty girls in the kitchen were playing around with the stereo system. That's when R.J. turned to her.

Wanna dance?

Claire shrugged.

"Why not?"

She quickly stood up and moved to an open space in the living room. That's when she realized she had no idea how she should dance. She wasn't that familiar with the music, and she wasn't that skilled in dancing. But R.J. asked her to dance. He wanted to get down and boogie, so she decided to nut up and just go for it.

She began to sway from side to side. Claire was still uncertain if she looked like she was really dancing or experiencing vertigo, but she tried to make the best of it. She began to move her arms slightly. She imagined it looked sort of like a train, how the sticks on the wheels (What the hell are those called?) moved to make a sort of invisible cylinder shape.

What a feeling, bein's believin'.

Claire just hoped R.J. wasn't too embarrassed by how she looked.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Claire continued to dance along with R.J. Even though they were the only two dancing, it was kind of fun. Just stupid stuff they could do together.

That's when she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. She quickly pulled it out and saw that Mason had tried to call her.

"Aw man," she said, checking the voicemail on the phone.

She listened carefully. Apparently, Mason would be picking her up much sooner than planned.

"Sorry," she said to R.J, "looks like I'm gonna have to go now. I'll see you later."

Claire gathered anything that might have belonged to her and made her way to the front door.

"Great party guys! Have a good night!"

She wasn't shouting at anyone in particular, but felt it was a good way to make her presence known. Claire stepped outside and saw Mason's car. She opened the door and climbed in.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Mom and Dad called. They changed their mind on the curfew."

"That's fucking ridiculous."

"I know, but I bet you'd rather not get grounded."

"Yeah. Still kind of unfair."

"You're young," Mason told her. "Everything is unfair."

Mason started the car and drove away. Claire hoped she didn't miss anything too important.

((Claire Monaghan continued You Can't Take the Sky From Me))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Memories (The Past) · Next Topic »
Add Reply