Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Football Players & Other Aurora High Team Rosters; Planning interactions between team-mates?
Topic Started: Jun 12 2012, 01:36 PM (2,618 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is a roster of all the sports teams in Aurora High School.

An idea came to me the other day, seeing as we have pretty sizable rosters, especially for the football team, but other than the Girls Softball team, there hasn't been very much interactions between team-mates to really make them feel like team mates imo. Well let's fix that!

Here is the Aurora High football roster (So far - There might be more later):
FOOTBALL
Benjamin Ward
Brian Zhdanovich
Cody Patton
Jack Johnson
Michael Whaley
Jasper Rourke
Yoshio Sato
Caleb Luke Matthews
Kyran Dean
Miles Strickland
Ethan Hunt
Francisco Reyes Lanza

I have two boys on the team and I'm interested in forming some interactions/relationships with other members of the team through a Memories thread, if anyone else is interested. If you have any ideas on what sort of set-up the team should have to interact, or anything specific, please share!

My current idea is a post-game victory or after practice scene within the locker room (memories section). This might be an interesting way to show dynamics and bonding between the characters on the team, in a sort of casual way, as there might be small talk or conversations going around (or maybe even some not so friendly interaction). I bet they'd have a lot of interesting, sometimes testosterone fueled things to talk about (Girls or Cheerleaders maybe?) while cleaning themselves up or changing out and doing whatever guys do in the locker room. Sounds fun? =P

Right now I'm gauging interest to see if people would actually participate in this. We can always add a few NPC's to the mix as well. So... interested? :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Similarly if anyone is interested in interacting/playing out or has anything in mind for any of the other sports teams such as the...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
LocoBroJoe
Jun 13 2012, 07:29 PM
I like post game victory, but if your looking for ideas, we could do prep rally preparation.
I've updated the Football Roster here, to add FB Players who were missing. Thanks for letting me know guys!

Anyway, Miles and Kyran are free for open memory threads so I can do something soon. (Prob the locker room scene with Kilmarnock and whoever else wants in *Open thread* first as it may be quicker to do.)

@LocoBro - I like your ideas. I think we can do more than one idea. Like for example, I'm thinking the post game locker room scene would be a nice short, casual thing between the boys of the football team to show some dynamics and camaraderie and it could be done quickly.

I also like your other idea to include cheerleaders (in Post Game Victory or Pep Rally), where I am really up for that. We can do that too in a different Memories thread when stuff get free later too. It's a very interesting and also slightly more complicated set-up that might do with some more planning/organization first though, as it may take a bit to play out, but yes, I do like the idea alot as well. So if you want to plan stuff, do. :)

@Everyone else: I like it all, and I'm def in with the other stuff too if I'm open.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So um, I'm thinking of starting this memories thread very soon, for whatever we got here. I'm fine with a small group of handlers in thread, as that means stuff usually goes faster. We can always have NPC team mates there as well. I'll post the thread up when it's ready and whoever wants to join can. It'll be an open thread for whoever makes any sense to join.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@ the two posts above - Sure. c:

The threads, particularly the football team thread will likely play out pretty quickly, hopefully, to avoid lengthy stalls. I want to try and establish some character relationship and development and then move on to play out these other suggested thread ideas. So just pushing on some sort of quick pacing there.

Also, if there is ever a student council thing, I'd totally be interested. Though, someone else must start the thread instead, as I don't even know how these things work. =P

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Med - That sounds cool. I was thinking that these ideas are more memory thread stuff, maybe a meeting sometime earlier in the senior school year, or in the past three years, as juniors, sophomores, or freshmen. It could help if memories section is more open for your character later.

Also football players - I will try to start the memories thread in the post game locker room soon, though I'd actually prefer if someome else started it, so I can react instead. I'm blanking on titles and scene set up atm. =<

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No Problem: Since you're going to start that Student Council thread, you can set it up whenever you're ready to. =)

==

Also football players if one of you feel like starting the memories thread post the link here. So we can join. Same for any of the other teams and clubs actually. Post here those links.

The main goal is to establish relationships/bonds and dynamics both neg and pos between members of these teams like with the girls softball team threads.

Also to have some fun of course.

Pregame looks like it might go by soon, so lets try to keep activity up as quickly as possible in these threads. :)

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hunt11
Jul 7 2012, 09:10 PM
Though it might be a brief first post I will try to get the football thread started this weekend. Feel free to pm me with anything specific you want me to mention when I set the scene.

Edit: Chances are I will set this in the middle of Junior year, but this is open to change as long as its not in Freshman year.
Sounds good Hunt. If it's Junior year the character and former FB player, Adonis Alba could also join. That could honestly be a bit interesting, considering his history with the team. Also, thanks for taking the weight of starting this thread off my shoulders Hunt! Anytime you're ready just let us know with a link here. :)

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Erm, not sure if we wait for Ethan to be cleared from his other thread. Should probably remind the rest of the footballer's that it's open, when it's def open.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay: Still letting folks know that' I'm still in this, just having some inconvenient schedules recently. But will make an effort to participate as soon as I can.

Bumping this so some other FB players can post in the post victory locker room thread and start making the idea active in the mean-time.

If you guys want - my boys, Miles Strickland (Socializing) and Kyran Dean (changing out, sitting quietly) will already 'be there' in the locker room with you guys, even if I haven't posted yet. So if any of you want to make mention of them or want to interact with them, feel free to do so, and I will try to respond back as immediately as I possibly can.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply