Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Football Players & Other Aurora High Team Rosters; Planning interactions between team-mates?
Topic Started: Jun 12 2012, 01:36 PM (2,611 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is a roster of all the sports teams in Aurora High School.

An idea came to me the other day, seeing as we have pretty sizable rosters, especially for the football team, but other than the Girls Softball team, there hasn't been very much interactions between team-mates to really make them feel like team mates imo. Well let's fix that!

Here is the Aurora High football roster (So far - There might be more later):
FOOTBALL
Benjamin Ward
Brian Zhdanovich
Cody Patton
Jack Johnson
Michael Whaley
Jasper Rourke
Yoshio Sato
Caleb Luke Matthews
Kyran Dean
Miles Strickland
Ethan Hunt
Francisco Reyes Lanza

I have two boys on the team and I'm interested in forming some interactions/relationships with other members of the team through a Memories thread, if anyone else is interested. If you have any ideas on what sort of set-up the team should have to interact, or anything specific, please share!

My current idea is a post-game victory or after practice scene within the locker room (memories section). This might be an interesting way to show dynamics and bonding between the characters on the team, in a sort of casual way, as there might be small talk or conversations going around (or maybe even some not so friendly interaction). I bet they'd have a lot of interesting, sometimes testosterone fueled things to talk about (Girls or Cheerleaders maybe?) while cleaning themselves up or changing out and doing whatever guys do in the locker room. Sounds fun? =P

Right now I'm gauging interest to see if people would actually participate in this. We can always add a few NPC's to the mix as well. So... interested? :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Similarly if anyone is interested in interacting/playing out or has anything in mind for any of the other sports teams such as the...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AtomicVandal
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Frank Reyes is also part of the football team. And I'd be interested... If I wasn't involved in another kind of memories thread on the making. Drat.
Edited by AtomicVandal, Jun 12 2012, 02:25 PM.
V5 Fresh Meat

Francisco "Frank" Reyes "Well...Damn"

Hunt11
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
I might share the same issue as Vandal, but if it is okay then Ethan Johnson would defiantly be a part of that.
Current Characters

Ethan Johnson If you notice anything about my posts that could be improved on, feel free to PM me.
Spoiler: click to toggle

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll just post here to say what you already know. Of course I'm game.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cassidy's in, Jaq may be going to a party. But she's a maybe.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In the case of a student council thing I'd totally be down with throwing Naomi into that.

Also, while I know it's a guy's soccer thing, if there was a sort of 'both soccer teams' thread Mallory would be down with it. (There's really not enough active soccer-playing girls to justify its own thread.)
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like post game victory, but if your looking for ideas, we could do prep rally preparation.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
LocoBroJoe
Jun 13 2012, 07:29 PM
I like post game victory, but if your looking for ideas, we could do prep rally preparation.
I've updated the Football Roster here, to add FB Players who were missing. Thanks for letting me know guys!

Anyway, Miles and Kyran are free for open memory threads so I can do something soon. (Prob the locker room scene with Kilmarnock and whoever else wants in *Open thread* first as it may be quicker to do.)

@LocoBro - I like your ideas. I think we can do more than one idea. Like for example, I'm thinking the post game locker room scene would be a nice short, casual thing between the boys of the football team to show some dynamics and camaraderie and it could be done quickly.

I also like your other idea to include cheerleaders (in Post Game Victory or Pep Rally), where I am really up for that. We can do that too in a different Memories thread when stuff get free later too. It's a very interesting and also slightly more complicated set-up that might do with some more planning/organization first though, as it may take a bit to play out, but yes, I do like the idea alot as well. So if you want to plan stuff, do. :)

@Everyone else: I like it all, and I'm def in with the other stuff too if I'm open.

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
If we're doing a pep rally or whatever with the cheerleaders then Stacy's in.
V6 Characters:

Posted Image------------------Posted Image
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------

V5

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So um, I'm thinking of starting this memories thread very soon, for whatever we got here. I'm fine with a small group of handlers in thread, as that means stuff usually goes faster. We can always have NPC team mates there as well. I'll post the thread up when it's ready and whoever wants to join can. It'll be an open thread for whoever makes any sense to join.

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm working on a football player. When he's finished, could I still join the thread?
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Mimi
Member Avatar
are you upset?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Violent-Medic
Jun 13 2012, 02:24 PM
In the case of a student council thing I'd totally be down with throwing Naomi into that.

Also, while I know it's a guy's soccer thing, if there was a sort of 'both soccer teams' thread Mallory would be down with it. (There's really not enough active soccer-playing girls to justify its own thread.)
I'd pop Summer in a student council thread in a heartbeat, if Keaks or anyone else wants to do that!

Posted Image

I◄◄

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@ the two posts above - Sure. c:

The threads, particularly the football team thread will likely play out pretty quickly, hopefully, to avoid lengthy stalls. I want to try and establish some character relationship and development and then move on to play out these other suggested thread ideas. So just pushing on some sort of quick pacing there.

Also, if there is ever a student council thing, I'd totally be interested. Though, someone else must start the thread instead, as I don't even know how these things work. =P

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Concerning the student council thing, I should probably start that since Naomi is president and all (I think.) Although she currently has a couple of things she needs to do as well, and also I need to figure out what the hell student councils do. xD
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Med - That sounds cool. I was thinking that these ideas are more memory thread stuff, maybe a meeting sometime earlier in the senior school year, or in the past three years, as juniors, sophomores, or freshmen. It could help if memories section is more open for your character later.

Also football players - I will try to start the memories thread in the post game locker room soon, though I'd actually prefer if someome else started it, so I can react instead. I'm blanking on titles and scene set up atm. =<

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply