Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Rosemary Michaels
Topic Started: May 23 2012, 11:42 PM (637 Views)
MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Name: Rosemary Michaels
Grade: 12th
School: Aurora High School
Hobbies and Interests: Reading, swim team, writing.

Appearance: Rosemary is around 5"7 in height and weighs about 138 pounds. She’s of above average height but not gawky-looking. She has C-cup breasts, small waist with a soft stomach, and no hips. Her face is round with a small mouth, average-sized nose, dark brown eyebrows; light blue eyes and has freckles along the bridge of her nose and cheeks. She has wavy dark blonde hair with natural strands of red and gold thrown in due to sun exposure that ends at the middle of her back and is parted in the middle. She has pale-skin that is easily reddened.

Rosemary usually wears dark wash jeans and hoodies in solid colors or loose t-shirts with tank tops underneath. Her color scheme sticks to the cooler palette of blacks, grays, blues, and purples, and for footwear usually a pair of beat-up gray converse. Applies minimal make up save for sunscreen and lip gloss on occasion.

Biography: Rosemary was born in Los Angeles, California. The second child born to Leo and Julia Michaels (nee Stewart), whom at the time were working as a High School science teacher and as a secretary at a law firm respectively; her older brother Ryan was four at the time.

Both of Rosemary’s parents had graduated college and lived in a middle class suburb of Los Angeles. Rosemary had an average childhood and when she was old enough tagged along with her brother when he went to hang out with his friends, learning how to play soccer and how to swim at the local YMCA. At five years old Rosemary joined a club soccer team and played defender until a year later a ball kick to the head made her skittish of it on the field and caused her to drop out a few months later. During these years Rosemary was a cheerful child, though a bit of a tomboy. In elementary school she had a good circle of friends but spent some recesses reading books out on the field instead of playing, causing a few of her classmates to think she was weird, though Rosemary didn’t seem to mind it.

The normality of the girl’s life changed when she was nine, when biking home from a friend’s her brother was hit by a speeding driver. Ryan wasn’t wearing a helmet and pronounced dead at the hospital a week later. Rosemary was evidently shaken by the loss of her brother and would be sent to the nurses office a couple of times for breaking out in tears during class in the months after the accident. Her parents were also more protective of their remaining child and restricted the girl’s time outdoors, giving Rosemary more time to read. At first the girl complained about not being able to play with the neighborhood kids more, but after getting caught once running out to the street with cars nearby her parents screamed at her, making Rosemary afraid to see Leo and Julia react like that and stopped her from sneaking out again.

When middle school hit Rosemary entered another personally challenging part of her life. The time spent indoors reading and not being active caused her to gain some weight and in the in the sixth grade she had to get braces to correct her overbite. Do to friends either moving away or moving on to different social circles Rosemary had no group of friends who shared her interests to rely on, making her an easy target for bullies. The girl tried to ignore the verbal abuse and kept it a secret from her parents because she didn't want to add on to their worries. After Ryan died Rosemary decided that she would try everything to be a good daughter since the girl thought it would make their family happy again.

However what started out as teasing and verbal taunts turned into harassment during an incident in the seventh grade in the locker room that ended with Rosemary and a few other girls being sent to the Principles office. The instigators were suspended and Rosemary’s parents were contacted. After the event Rosemary was put onto a local swim team and once she lost some weight found out she had the endurance for long-distance 500 yard freestyle and the 100 yard butterfly. During this time Rosemary slowly started to have acquaintances at her swim lessons and friends in class to talk to, but the girl continued to distance herself from others. Not having much of social life though helped her succeed in academics, and Rosemary made Superintendents Honor Roll every year in middle school.

The summer before her freshman year her father received a pink slip around the time when the recession hit. Leo moved the family up to Seattle after a friend from college name Warren Little offered him a job at the middle school he worked at. They moved to a less developed part of the city in small condo. After the move Julia had a hard time finding a steady job, which made the relationship between her and Leo a bit strained, but it also gave Rosemary freedom to explore her new environment. Walking up and down the streets of Seattle until her curfew gave the girl a look on the outside world that she had been unaware of during her sheltered years. A few times after having her excursions she began to take notebooks with her a jot down the things and people she saw and would sometimes develop them into short stories. A few of these stories she posted online but hasn’t entered any contests or made moves to publish them as of yet.

As she went into adolescence Rosemary would be vague about her school experiences and how she spent her days to her parents. The girl continued to try and be the perfect daughter she thought her parents wanted even more now that they were going through financial troubles and trying to make ends meet.

Rosemary entered Aurora High as a freshman and since then has maintained a high GPA and joined the school’s swim team to keep in shape. After she got her braces off, Rosemary started to receive some attention from boys but never responded due to still lurking body and trust issues because of the bullying she endured back in middle school. The girl has friends in multiple social circles but remains a bit of a floater, preferring to have space and alone time to read. The people who know of her describe her as nice and polite, but that's about as much as Rosemary let's people know about her. Rosemary doesn’t like to share her personal thoughts with others, preferring to write the thoughts down in one of her notebooks. Though she tries to hide it Rosemary is still an emotional person and is afraid of being rejected by others. When dealing with people she knows a bit better she uses sarcasm regularly, but when they asked to be given a straight answer either changes the subject or uses euphemisms. Because her parents were so overprotective Rosemary retains much of her innocence about life, but is not naive.

After a short seperation during Rosemary's sophmore year, Leo and Julia have since reconciled most of their differences, but still argue from time to time. Julia now works part time as a bookkeeper, which Rosemary takes advantage of many times a week. Rosemary has continued to love her parents, keeping her nose clean by staying away from drugs and alcohol, but still doesn't share her feelings with them very much. She sometimes thinks about what life would have been like if her brother Ryan were still alive, and still has sad feelings about it. Though with age she has gained more freedom both Leo and Julia are still very protective of their daughter and have strict curfews, which make it difficult for Rosemary to go to many parties. Though she sometimes feels constrained Rosemary is terrified of large gatherings of people she doesn't know, and if ever invited she would go find a vacant corner and wait until her ride was ready most of the time.

The girl doesn’t have a favorite genre but is fond of classic authors such as the Bronte and Dickens. Sometimes she uses quotes from her favorite books when talking to people, enjoying the look on the person's face if they don’t know where the quote came from. When Rosemary is reading she tends to block out anything that is around her until she has reached the end of a chapter or a certain point, making communication difficult. Rosemary enjoys all types of food but tends to eat in moderation in fear of gaining weight. In order to have spending money Rosemary has been known to tutor people in the library after school. She keeps her cost low so she can get more customers.

Her house is now in a nice neighborhood but since her parents have lower incomes they can't aford to live outside the city in the suburbs and instead reside in a two bedroom condo close to the library where Julia works. Rosemary is planning on going to community college to save money and take her remaining general education requirements before thinking about the prospects of going to a university. So far she's shown interest in possibly taking Creative Writing or English Literature, hoping to become a writer someday.

Advantages: Her time on swim team has given her a conditioned body and good endurance. She is smart and capable at coming up with plans when necessary.
Disadvantages: Her low self-esteem makes it hard for her to trust others, which could be a deal breaker in alliances.
Edited by MrMissMrs Random, May 24 2012, 05:22 PM.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi, Rand! Before we give Rosemary a full critique, please make sure her profile exactly conforms to the template. Specifically, please ensure that only one line is skipped between each paragraph, and that sections are spaced exactly as they are in the template. And example of what that looks like may be found here. Post when you've got that handled, and we'll give Rosemary a full critique. Thanks!
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder
Offline Profile Goto Top

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Made the corrections.
Edited by MrMissMrs Random, May 24 2012, 09:02 AM.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Formatting Fairy!

I'm RUGGAHISSY and I've already weirded you out before so you know who I am! I'll be your moderator for this critique.

The profile is temporarily denied pending a few additions but let me say a bit before we get into this.

It's clear you went through and looked at other approved profiles before submitting this one. Were it not for a bit more detail missing from it I was tempted to send it through without any alterations which is somewhat unusual for a new person. This is a very well thought out profile and I wanted to commend you on it, especially being your first one for this site. : )

Also I have a weak spot for girls who swim since I was one <_____<

ON TO THE THING I'M SUPPOSED TO DO

Interests: Since Rosemary is on the swim team can you put that in place of "swimming"? We have a big ol' list of all the sports teams and clubs so people know who their characters team mates are so if a character is on a team or club we ask you put it in the interests and hobbies section so we can easily see at a glance what lists to add them too.

Appearance:

- Can you be a bit more specific on her body type besides just "good proportions"?
- How long exactly is her hair? I'm under the impression that the gold and red bits are dyed. Are they?

Biography

- Why did Rosemary keep the fact that she was being bullied from her parents?
- How did Rosemary feel when her parents kept her inside after her brother's death?
- A little more about how she gets on with her parents would be nice.
- Where do her trust issues come from?
- Does she have an eventual career goal?
- Again, how does she feel about her parents keeping her close to home?
- A little more on her personality would be nice.

That's it. It's very minimal and once again I'm impressed with the work done so far. Post in the thread when the edits are done : )

things
Offline Profile Goto Top

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yay! Fellow past-swimmer! Thank you for looking at Rosemary. I've made the additions and clarfied in my edit.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Everything checks out : )

APPROVED
things
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Approved Registrations · Next Topic »
Locked Topic