Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Prom Planning Thread; Do you need a date?
Topic Started: May 14 2012, 06:12 PM (4,849 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, I figure everyone's gonna need a place to find dates for their characters and such, as well as to come up with any other Prom plans. Therefore, I'm starting this thread for that. Have at!

I'm not entirely sure what my characters' date positions are quite yet, except that I'm definitely looking for a Prom date for Susan Clarke.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I also need some dates for Prom. I might have something already for Claire, but Rachael Langdon and Sophie McDowell are still available. Both girls are straight, so no women, sorry. Rachael would prefer a quieter, intellectual boy who doesn't make her feel threatened. Sophie would probably go more for the artistic guys.

If interested, merely say so, and I will pimp my lovely girls to your boys for this enchanted evening.

*puts on a purple suit*

Any takers?

EDIT (5/15/12 5:42 PM): Rachael will be attending Prom with Daniel Whitten. Claire will accompany Jack McDonald. Sophie is still up for grabs if anyone would like to take her.
Edited by Laurels, May 15 2012, 04:42 PM.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I wrote about what my three current peeps would probably see through the prom experience here.

Copy and pasted here:

Quote:

OK, so are you going to ask someone out to the prom or do you wait for someone to ask you?

Kyran: (Short answer.) Prom isn't really my thing.

(Longer answer that he'd think about)
Prom isn't really my thing, but it's sort of a high school tradition and my mom would like to see me go, not to mention there's going to be a few kids I know and like there and I'd probably go for them. As for who I'd go with? Hm, I'd probably either ask a close friend, like Alex Ripley and go together as friends... or I'd probably just wait for someone to come to me and ask, because hey, any decent girl who has the courage to ask a guy out is fine in my book. Granted: She isn't one of those annoying kind of people.

Miles: The best guy always goes with the best girl. It's for the good of the species. I seek her or she seeks me. Probably the latter. *smiles*

Lahela: I guess if someone wanted to ask me, I'd be flattered and say yeah. Even better if he's a cute haole boy. I'm probably not going to ask anyone myself though, but I'd still go. It's prom after all. *Sigh* I miss my old school.

I might add a few more characters I've planned to write later.

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Adonis Alba and Stacey May-Mordetsky need dates!

Adonis' criteria: Hot girl.

Stacey's criteria: Hot guy.

Yeah, they're shallow...So who wants to be their dates to prom?
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Haha, wow, you all have better presentation than I do. Teaches me to rush stuff! This was kinda an afterthought to the announcement.

Anyways, I've thought a bit more and come up with a better set of stuff/info.

Susan Clarke wants a date for Prom, with a guy. She's not super picky, except that she won't go out with jerks or people who she isn't at all attracted to, and anyone who asks her out (or who she asks out) will have to be someone who can avoid irritating her/causing her to dump them before the dance comes around (not super tough, as long as whoever it is can interact in a reasonable, non-problematic fashion). Her expectations for the evening are pretty grounded.

Adam Morgan will probably be forced to go to Prom by his parents. He's not gonna ask anyone, and if any girl asks him, they're probably gonna have to deal with him being generally nice and goodhearted but unfocused and disengaged, and not really particularly excited about the event unless something really catches his attention.

Lydia Robbins is probably not going to Prom unless someone invites her, as she just doesn't have a ton of interest. She's pretty shy and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, though, so she probably wouldn't turn anyone who asked her down.

Emily Nakoa would like a date. She probably won't agree to go with anyone who's not at least loosely attached to the popular crowd, and ideally would want someone handsome and good for her social standing but also easy to get along with and who doesn't really expect much of her. She'll probably also want to make sure her cousin has a good time.

I'm not 100% what's going on with Steven, so I'm leaving him off here for now.

If you want to work something out with any of my kids, drop me a PM! :)

Edit: Wow, that was quick. Emily and I feel all popular and stuff now.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My peepz perspective on prom here.

Alex Ripley will most likely be going. She'd go with you if you ask, even if as a friend. She doesn't think dates are critical, though as noted she'll accept if asked. She is also willing to go in a group.

Miranda Millers is also going. She would accept dates on a "meh, why not?" basis (probably male, mind. She's still almost completely closeted, after all). However, again, she could easily go with friends/in a group.

Lana Torres is somewhat "meh" on prom. She's kind of apathetic about it, really. She still hasn't come to a decision about whether or not she's going. That said, feel free to pop a "hey Lana, wanna go with me?" at her. She'd probably go if asked.

If you have any ideas, toss them at me!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Cash Money
Member Avatar
Come on and slam
[ *  * ]
Randall is going stag if at all possible; he just likes to dance.

Milo is probably not confident enough to ask for a date, and may miss it as a result. On the other hand, his parents will want him to go, so he might ask for a date. Expect awkwardness if you accept, in the form of not generally being interested in looking like a couple or dancing all that much.

Leah is probably going if her circle is.
V5 concepts:
Randall Cimora: aspiring music producer, easygoing, space cadet, new kid
     Currently blowing his Christmas money in Life is like a broken record
Leah Chapel: classic teenage rebel, sneaky, pessimistic, the un-favorite
     Re-upping in LSMFT
Milo Richter: consummate professional, intellectual, debater, self-conscious
     Convincing someone of what they already believe in Variables...

Lovely pics

In other news...

Delroy
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Well, both Travis and Geo will probably go to the prom.

Travis is outspoken, laid back, and probably wants an attractive girl to go with. He definitely expects to score (No, this is not a requirement. Just his expectation.) with his date, so he won't want prudish girls.

.... Wow, demanding :o

Georgia will probably be nervous, but will most likely say yes to any boy who asks her out. It would definitely help if he's able to make her feel comfortable. Otherwise, she might just go with a friend.
V5 characters:

Travis Webster - Whistling party animal with a roguish smile, quick wit, and without a care in the world.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Pregame: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]

Island: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Back home: The Webster Household, and their reactions....

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stacy Ramsey needs a date! She is a straight, good looking girl and relatively kind; she’s also part of the popular group. Don't expect much out of her sexually, you need to gain her respect! She would want a good looking, popular guy. She probably wouldn't go for the nerdy/gamer types.

Finn Grant will probably go, but just with his friends.
V6 Characters:

Posted Image------------------Posted Image
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------

V5

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Michael currently isn't interested at all in prom, Why rent an expensive suit just so you can stand around awkwardly and eat shitty food? but if an attractive/interesting girl asked him out he'd probably accept, though if she doesn't know sign language he might dismiss the whole thing as being too troublesome.

Daniel would like to go, but if he isn't asked out he probably wouldn't be able to muster the courage to invite someone. I now have plans involving Daniel, who will be going with Rachael Langdon.

Alice doesn't care at all, though if someone invited her she'd probably go along out of mild curiosity.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

Courtography
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Jessica would want to go with prom, preferably with a date. But she only dates nice guys, so yeah. If anyone's interested in the nice cheerleader girl just ask.

Kelly probably is not so interested in prom. She's probably going to church prom instead (yes they exist) but might go if she was asked by someone she saw as okay, like a fellow Catholic.

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Takeshi Yoshikawa is rather gay. Also rather asian. If there are cute boys or fag hags that would like to go to prom with a nice semi-introverted gaysian boy, do let me know and we can plot this out.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Serpico
Member Avatar
It's your boy.
[ *  * ]
Owen Veveris is looking for a girl to take to the prom. Preferably someone pretty, but he will consider interesting too. (P.S. They should dress well)

Yoshio Sato Not considering going to prom. Unless a girl asked him, in which case he would definitely agree to go.

Gabriel Castinera Will rock up to the prom regardless of having a date, fair game for anyone that wants him really. More there to party and muck around though.
NOTHING HERE, GO HOME EVERYONE.
Brady Kim Floyd || Cochise Highschool - Senior || Status - Just Fine || Availability: NIl. ||
Pregame thread count: || 1 ||

xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
Getting back into this V5 thing....

Phoebe Cho would definitely like to hae a date for Prom. Her Grandparents would prefer if he was Korean, or at the very least Asian, but one of her hobbies in life is annoying her grandparents so she's not picky. It might make sense if it was someone from Band seeing as that makes up the majority of her social life. Dancing skills not required (she can't dance either).

Harry Hanley will probably be doing something dodgy like organising the alcohol shipment for the afterparty, so more likely than not he'll be going stag. If he goes with a girl she'd have to be okay with being abandoned for a fair bit of the evening. Or help him. Either or.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright, sooo:

Penny Huang will most definitely like to go to Prom preferably with a date. Like Miss Cho above, her mother would prefer it if he was Korean and/or Asian, and she might be slightly cold to anyone who isn't as such. She'll probably see about doing her very best to get shacked up with one of the footballers, or at the very least one of her gaming buddies, although if anyone who isn't an asshole asks her, she'll probably say yes.

She's now taking one Mr Ilya Volkov to the prom.

Jasper Rourke ain't going. Yeah. He don't like prom.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply