Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Prom and Student Government/Team Positions
Topic Started: May 14 2012, 06:12 PM (1,402 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright, everyone! It's been coming for a while, and now is the start of Prom season (in character, that is. We know a lot of Proms have happened already). As such, we're opening voting for Prom King and Prom Queen. You receive one vote for each per character. These are supposed to be in-character awards/votes, so vote the way that makes sense for your character. The thread for votes is here.

As we have had some issues in the past where characters who made no sense were elected Prom royalty, this year we are going to allow handlers to withdraw their characters from consideration. They may do so at any time for whatever reason, by posting in this thread. You may not un-withdraw a character later. You may withdraw some characters but leave others in contention.

Voting will run until Saturday, June 2. Prom itself, with its own subforum, will begin on Sunday, June 3. The time to find dates for your characters is now.

Also, votes for school offices and sports positions are beginning now. To handle everything but the presidency and vice-presidency, we will be starting a thread in the Pregame Planning section where handlers can enter their characters. This thread will be open for one week. At the end of this time, any uncontested positions will be awarded. Any contested positions will go to votes, each having their own threads. Voting will not be anonymous. Handlers will be allowed to vote for each position/team in which they have a character participating. Any positions without interest can be assumed filled by NPCs, either other seniors who miss the trip for whatever reason or kids in lower grades, as appropriate.

Once we have the official candidates for president and vice president, we will start a thread for that election. In that thread, each candidate will be allowed to present a speech. Like Prom, the presidency and vice presidency will be handled with in-character votes, one per character. This thread will probably run for about two weeks. We'll want all handlers whose characters are giving speeches to have them submitted to staff before voting begins, so get them in to SOTF_Help before the one-week nominating period ends.

We're looking forward to an awesome remainder of pregame and a great V5. Feel free to post any questions in this thread.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And here is where you submit characters for candidacy for other positions.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am officially withdrawing Matt Masters and Jake Mordetsky from Prom King contention.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, I've been notified that like half the site is graduating/neck-deep in finals this week. As such, we're gonna extend the deadline for speeches and nominations until Friday.

Also, we've decided that, in the name of realism and sanity, we're not going to allow any character to serve more than three posts. You can still nominate for whatever, but three posts is the limit.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We still have only half of the requested speeches for the presidential and vice presidential candidates. Please get these in ASAP, or the voting thread may start without your character getting a word in.

EDIT: Specifically, the thread will probably start Tuesday, as Monday is Memorial Day and so lots of folks won't be around.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Positions have been announced and polls made. The presidential election will be up shortly. If you wish to have a character in a position that has not yet been discussed or claimed, please PM a staffer to discuss it. The polls will run for one week. Thank you for your time.

Also, this isn't 100% official, but I suspect Prom will be pushed back a week to allow the polls to close before it, as some positions could be relevant (say, knowing who's dating the football captain or whatever).
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Elections are open.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, we're gonna go ahead and hold Prom off for another week. It seems okay to leave the King/Queen elections open a bit longer, too. I think we can close them and the presidential elections at the same time, a week from today (that's Friday, June 8th).
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Reminder: Prom and Student Government elections end tomorrow. Let's say at midnight West Coast time, as I think that means the day is over for almost everyone except Keaka, who I'm pretty sure already voted.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And that's a (slightly belated because I fell asleep) wrap to the voting. Prom itself will start soon, probably within the next three or four days. In V4, it ran for quite a while, and there's no reason to assume it won't this time, so there's no need to hurry into the section or panic or anything like that. You've still got time to plan and stuff. :)
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic