Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
All My Love to Long Ago; Enter: Chitose Sakubara.
Topic Started: Apr 16 2012, 07:41 PM (1,612 Views)
Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Chase Rodriguez continued from One Step Forwards, Two Steps Back))

As Chase trudged towards the park, hands in coat pockets to prevent the cold, he wished that he had gone out in the snow more often. Pretty much every time it had snowed in the past, Chase had stayed at home to complete a piece of artwork, read something or try and beat the current Gym Leader in Pokemon Sapphire. Whenever Audrey asked him to come outside too, his response was usually a mumbled “It’s too cold.”

Chase always seemed to forget that whenever he did go out, he enjoyed himself much more than if he’d stayed inside. For one, the whole city became twice as beautiful under a blanket of snow. Everything looked different; Chase could walk the same path when it was sunny and snowing and he wouldn’t recognise a thing. He’d once brought a sketchbook with him, but the snow kept falling on the page, and then Audrey managed to hit it out of his hands with a snowball. So that idea had been scrapped.

On this snow day, Audrey had indeed managed to convince Chase to go to the park with her. Wrapped up in a dark blue coat and light blue scarf, Chase walked at a casual pace, watching Audrey dash on ahead, shouting at Chase yet still looking ahead; “You’d better get ready for a snowball fight, Chase! You’re not gonna win this time!”

By the time Chase reached the park, Audrey was already crouched down near the gazebo, busy packing clumps of snow into balls to throw at him. As Chase walked over to her, he noticed that there were other people in the gazebo. He supposed he should have worked that out sooner, by the footprints leading towards it, but he hadn’t really been paying attention to the ground. He was still a fair distance away from them, and although he thought he recognised them, he wasn't too sure.

Chase considered going over to talk to them, but he didn’t know whether they’d pre-arranged this meeting or not. Even if they hadn’t, he wasn’t sure whether he should interrupt their conversation or not; he didn’t know how long they’d been here or what they were talking about… Better to be safe than sorry; they might not appreciate someone barging in on their conversation, especially if I don't know them...

Chase’s train of thought was suddenly derailed by a snowball hitting him on the side of the head.

“C’moon Chase, stop getting so distracted!”

Brushing the snow from his face, a small grin appeared on Chase's face. Grabbing a handful of snow, he prepared to throw it at his sister. Before he could, however, another snowball flew towards him, hitting his hand and destroying his own snowball. A second came soon after, hitting Chase on the chest. Looking up, he saw Audrey a fair distance away, laughing, a small pile of snowballs at her side.

For the next few minutes, the sblings hurled clumps of snow at each other, with Chase missing most of his, and Audrey getting almost all of them. He'd also managed to slip whilst throwing, and land face first in a small snowdrift. That had lead to a short break from the procedings, and also allowed Audrey to clean off some snow that had stuck to her glasses.

As he was brushing himself down, Chase felt a vibration from his trouser pocket. Chase hurriedly took out his cheap, battered phone to answer the call.

"Hey, Chase, are you doing anything that can't be stopped right now?" Chase heard his dad's voice coming down the line. He replied with an "Uh, no, not really."

"Good. I need some help in the garage. Harry wasn't able to come in today, so we're gonna need another pair of hands. Can you try and come over as soon as possible?" Chase shrugged, said "Sure thing dad", then hung up. He ran over to Audrey, who was still cleaning her glasses.

"Hey, Audrey? I'm really sorry about this, but dad needs some help in the garage right now. I need to get back as soon as possible." Audrey looked rather crestfallen, so Chase hurriedly added "Look, I'll try and finish as soon as possible, okay? Then, I promise you, I'll get back here. And, hey, isn't that Alice over there?" Audrey turned to look in the direction Chase was pointing in. Sure enough, one of her friends from school had just entered the park.

Audrey sighed, then looked back up at her brother. "Alright, fine. You'd better come back though! I still want to beat you!"

Chase made his way to the exit, but not before one last snowball hit him in the back.

((Chase Rodriguez, continued in Shake and Stutter))
Edited by Pippin, Jun 16 2012, 02:13 PM.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Centennial Park · Next Topic »
Add Reply