Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Popular Kids; Aka: Mimi's Inner Circle Thread #2!
Topic Started: Apr 12 2012, 07:33 AM (4,696 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This thread is basically the same idea for this thread here, originally created by Mimi:
http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/7360169/1/

Though, since I wasn't able to edit the first post, I'm starting this new one so I can organize and maintain our little grouping here.

We're starting fresh, since the old thread was outdated. So if you think that the character might fit, lemme know. If you folk who applied last time are still into the idea lemme know as well.

So far we have (Reference List of all the Popular Peeps):

Males:
Cody Patton: (Popular Athlete Type/Star Quarterback) - MK Kilmarnock
Miles Strickland: (Popular Preppy Type/Has Money/Soccer player and fb kicker) - Psychadelic
Caleb Luke Matthews: (Conservative/Religious Jock) - Acidic
Francis St. Ledger: (Popular Soccer Player who quietly doesn't approve of this group's behaviors) - Pippin
Michael Fischer Jr.: (Ammeeerrricaaaannn.... Dreeeaaaaaammmm) - GeneralGoose
Travis Webster: (Party Animal/Brings the weed) - Delroy
Adonis Alba: (Meat head jock with a bad attitude/some of the other popular kids think he's an idiot.) - Aura Master Fox
Kyran Dean: (Athlete/Technically "in", but prefers not to associate with the crowd) - Psychadelic
Michael Whaley: (Jockier than your av-er-age Jock!) - decoy73
Ethan Johnson: (Adorably Un-confident football player and follower) - Hunt11

Females:
Naomi Bell: (Popular Overachiever, Female Preppy/Cousins with Miles Stickland.) - Violent Medic
Stacy Ramsey: (Hot, Flirty Cheerleader) - Will
Amaranta "Mara" Montalvo: (Rich/Stylish/Snobby Latina) - Miss Ruggahissy
Miranda Millers: (Bitch Squad Fashion Lover) - Hit Girl Kamikaze
Stacey May-Mordetsky: (High maintenance bleach blonde bimbo/Has awkward brother) - Aura Master Fox
Summer Simms: (People Pleaser/shallow-fake/fame-whore) - Mimi
Cynthia Welsh: (Friendly & Sociable Female Volleyball Player) - Blastinus
Emily Nakoa: - (Popular Cheerleader/Part-time Delinquent) - MurderWeasel
Katarin "Kat" Tolstoff: - (Popular Bitch Squad Female Athlete) - decoy73
Cassidy Kant: (Super Sweet Hearted Cheerleader/Lovable Ditz) - LocobroJoe

Other Types of relationships (Popular "Targets" for us, "excommunicated" Kids, WHATEVER YOU WANT!):
Jake Mordetsky: (Easy target/Awkward brother of Stacey#2) - Aura Master Fox
Veronica McDonald: ("Aggro Bitch. Hate her.") - LeAloha
Mallory McCormick: (Sasquatch/Eat Yo Rice!) - Violent Medic
Zubin Wadia: (Not part of popular crowd but liked by some of them disliked by others because Geeky) - decoy73
Rutherford "Baby Ruth" Roger Jr.: (Looks like a girl, name is Ruth, likes to be called baby = GAY.) - Artstanley4
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley: (The girl who stands up against the meaner of the crowd) - Hit Girl Kamikaze

As you can see. Popular peeps come in different flavors. (SBTB Reference: AC Slater-jock OR Zach Morris-preppy types, respectively for our first two boys, for example)

**What this is about & What we're looking for**

Basically pretty much every high school has a "Popular Crowd" so that's what this is all about. We see a whole bunch of popular peep characters, but for some reason feels like they are lone popular peeps. These folk usually associate with each other, so we're forming this into a group now. Now, despite being in the same group they're not all gonna be friends/friendly with each other of course. We're not gonna be the super-buddy-team or anything right now. We're just getting a basic gist of the group of kids and folk these popular kids usually hang around with.

In real life, not all the popular kids legitimately like or get along with each other and THAT'S FINE FOR US TOO! There needs to be some form of conflict just like in REAL high school here, or else things to RP gets boring really fast. You'll get some of the group getting along with each other and some not. Some are gonna be in the center of being friends with folk who don't really like each other, that's fine.

Though in general, these folks *as a group* get along (usually) or at the very least know each other well... good or bad. Some may bicker sometimes, but hey that could be fun.

- As Mimi put it: "We're taking social, popular kiddies with 'popular' hobbies and interests (LOL?)~ This'll also be the place where kiddies already in the group can work out some plots/backstory with other members!"

- We're looking for *dependable* (communication is key!) people who won't just disappear on us mid-way through. But we'll see!

I'll edit this post as more peeps are added. Post here if you're interested.

If you're interested in OTHER TYPES of relationships with this set of kids, let us know.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think Stacy Ramsey would fit in here. She's described as being very attractive and is a cheerleader. She is flirtatious and is known to use her looks to manipulate boys into doing what she wants. As a result of this many people view her as a slut. Despite this, she is actually a kind person and is never intentionally horrible to people. Stacy is also naturally smart, although she doesn't show this when around her friends. She is a model and enjoys partying and cheerleading.

There is some other information about her personality that I didn't put in here, because if I did it would get all complicated and muddled up while trying to summarize it. If you want more information about her and the stuff I didn't mention, just have a quick look at her profile. :)
V6 Characters:

Posted Image------------------Posted Image
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------

V5

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ohhh

Well, there's a few of the girl types in the bitch squad thread.

My Mara would probably be in here as she's a "popular" kid. She's rich and pretty and stylish and on a bunch of extracurricular things including student council. She's kindda snobbish.

Since she and Stacy are both in the bitch squad I imagine they know each other.
things

Acidic
Member Avatar
Stuff Happened!
[ *  *  * ]
I'm still up for this.
Lars Nylund "Shit, I was here for something."
Shopping -> Shooting
Edith West "Who the hell is editing my posts?"
Flirting
Caleb Matthews "Don't worry, Bro. We're still cool."
Refereeing

Sig'd

A journey of a thousand miles ends with one,
"Fuck this, lets play video games."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, it's not Stacy who's in the bitch squad, it's Finn.
V6 Characters:

----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------

V5

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bleh, Finn! I knew that! Sorry @_@
things

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ooh, hey, do you think it could be possible that this is the group that Francis St. Ledger is part of/hates? I mean, he doesn't necessarily have to hate all of the people in it, but from the looks of it, there's definitely a couple of people that would annoy/anger him, whether he showed it or not.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Naomi Bell would certainly be part of this, particularly since she's already pretty close to some of the people listed (Miles is her cousin and she's good friends with Mara). But yeah, she's smart, pretty, involved in a whole lot of extra curricular stuff (student council, debate, book club) so... basically a giant nerd in a prettier wrapping. <.< >.> She also tends to go out of her way to try and be liked among the students in general.

Should be noted that she would probably try to end conflicts between both people in the group and between the group and people outside it, because it never ends up well and she likes being seen as diplomatic.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You're all in. Updated the list and gave some descriptors. It could help if anyone else who joins can tell a little about their kids too. Still open for more!

Pippin: That certainly works. When I read your pregame thread, I thought the same thing. My character is on the Soccer team too and could make some interesting interactions there.

**This is not limited to being /in/ the group either. If you want a different kind of relationship with these types of people. Let us know.

Delroy
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Well, Travis has grown up in the Seattle Area for his entire life, and has fallen in with older kids. As a result, he's always been a bit "ahead" of his own grade in life experience, meaning that he's probably regarded by other kids as "that kid who hangs out with some of the alumni".

This is Travis profile:
Quote:

Growing up to be relatively good looking, knowing how to switch over to the [British] accent he picked up from his dad, and getting together with plenty of girls, Travis managed to fall in line with the “in-crowd” despite his somewhat different appearance, and quickly began becoming the life of the parties he went to. At the same time, his parents both got more responsibilities at work, thus spending less time at home than before. This was about the time when Travis and his parents began drifting apart. He had his first shot at 15, and smoked his first joint at 16. Now, at 18, he has tried several party drugs (such as Cocaine and Ecstasy) which he has acquired from friends at parties, as well as smoking Marijuana in his room almost every day, which he acquires from a dealer he knows through his older friends.

I have no idea if this is enough for you. A partying druggie of an halfbrit isn't exactly standard popular crowd. He might be an odd fit between Cheerleaders and Quarterbacks, but that's entirely up for you to decide. Just putting his name out there :P

If not popular, he should at least be well known xD
V5 characters:

Travis Webster - Whistling party animal with a roguish smile, quick wit, and without a care in the world.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Pregame: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]

Island: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Back home: The Webster Household, and their reactions....

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I guess I'll toss Miranda here as well, then? O_O

As you all know, she's a BS person. She's a bit fashion-wary, with a secret fondness for anime and video games, and is on the track team.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Stacey May-Mordetsky is popular because of her money, looks, fashion, and the fact that she'll sleep with pretty much any guy that meets her standards (meaning guys who are rich and/or popular).

Her brother, Jake Mordestsky, is a large target for bullying and ridicule by the more popular students. His scrawny frame, lack of any athletic ability, and awkward demeanor don't exactly endear him to the higher tier of the high school hierarchy.

Adonis Alba is a weird case. Half of the student body still thinks that he's awesome thanks to his good looks and still-present athletic talents, but the other half thinks that he's a jackass due to his many, many negative traits. I guess you could say that he's half-popular, half-excommunicated.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Veronica is hot-headed and argues a lot, and that might get her on their 'bad' list.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Updated the first post. Stuff looks good. Keep them coming!

Also, any of you free/open for a pregame thread to RP with me? :[

Will
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sure, Stacy hasn't been in a thread yet so I need to get her moving. Is this going to be a group thing or a one on one?
V6 Characters:

V5

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply