Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
FINE. I want friends too!; "I" as in my characters of course...
Topic Started: Nov 25 2011, 08:45 AM (1,592 Views)
xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
Ok, realising that lots of other people's characters have lots of connections and mine don't, I've decided to finally give in and make one of these threads. Also, I can't remember who I already made relationships with, so this is also a place for me to record stuff pertinent to my characters as they appear.

So now I present to you... Phoebe, Harry and Lor.

PHOEBE CHO - 2nd generation Korean-American, both sets of grandparents moved to Seattle from Seoul as young couples, before they had children. Phoebe is slightly eccentric, but fairly quietly so. She dresses quirkily, and likes combining different fashions for an interesting mix. Her main hobbies are music (plays the violin in the school band and is also good at piano), shopping and generally trying to keep herself occupied. She likes to take on little projects and rituals, and comes across as very superstitious as times, but in actuality she just enjoys the novelty of them. I reckon she's got a bit of a thing for conspiracy theories without really believing in them. She does pretty well in school (mostly A's with the odd B), mainly due to pressure from her grandparents, and is always being encouraged by them to find herself a "nice Korean boy". Phoebe is fairly average looking, but has nice hair that she likes styling. She wears a flower most days to correspond to whether she is or isn't in a relationship.

So for Phoebe I'm looking for a bunch of friends. She'd get on with people in Band, and people who are similarly eccentric and/or hardworking. She's pretty nice to anyone so I don't know how many actual enemies she'd have, I figure a lot of the student body would be indifferent to her/find her a bit weird. I would also be open to her having a boyfriend (I have this fun idea of if her boyfriend dies first on the island she symbolically moves her flower over to the other ear), bonus points if he's not Korean and she has to hide him from her grandparents (who fortunately have no idea about her weird flower quirk).

relationships

HARRY HANLEY - also born and raised in Seattle, he is the child of amiably divorced parents. Harry and his sister Mia live with their Mom and stepdad. His Dad owns a used car dealership just outside town, which offers a small discount to people attending Harry and Mia's high school. He's got brown hair, blue eyes, and an attractive, mischevous face (i.e. he might be described as cute but not particularly handsome). Harry is also pretty musical, though he doesn't play any instruments he is a natural performer, and is highly involved in drama in the school, and played Marius in the production of Les Mis. He sings pretty well, and was coerced into being in the school choir. He averages a B/C in school, could probably acheive more if he worked harder but his free time is split between being in the musical, helping at the car lot, and trying to make money.

Harry is a perpetual entrepeneur, always trying to make a little extra cash. He's the kid who spent his summers washing cars and his winters shovelling snow for the odd $5 note. At school he runs a slightly illicit business, selling chocolate and sweets and pens in school for slightly cheaper than the cafeteria/school shop, and makes a little bit of money off it. He is very in tune to the needs of the student population, and will exploit that to his best ability. Also, he sometimes sells alcohol that his Dad buys him (for a cut of the profit, Harry had to inherit his money making genes from somewhere!) to underage kids for a huge profit, but this is kept very much on the down low and only to people he can trust not to tell anyone/don't ask where it's come from.

Harry is very outgoing and would likely have a lot of friends, and similarly a lot of people who might find him a bit irritating. He's a useful resource for parties and things so might be fairly popular within that crowd. As he's always busy, I reckon he's a bit of a floater in social crcles, but could certainly use some friends to act as employees of sorts at times. I'm not averse to him having a relatoionship, but she'd have to be okay with all the slightly dodgy stuff he gets up to, good at keeping a secret, and probably not too demanding on his time.

relationships

LOR VAN DIEPEN - a military brat, she's lived in lots of places. She started at Aurora at the beginning of their sophomore year, having recently recovered from a relapse of Hodgkin's lymphoma. Prior to becoming ill she was a fairly successful junior athlete, and was intensely training in the 1500m. The fact that she can no longer train at as high a level as before makes her angry from time to time. Lor can be a bit stuck up at times, often ranking herself above her peers whom she sees as 'less interesting'. Additionally, she's very straight edge, doesn't drink or stay up late, rarely eats fast food ("the pizza is better in Italy"). But she superficially comes across as friendly to people at first, and she's good at telling stories.

Her main hobbies are running, she's on the track team, and making videos for her video blog. I'd like her to have a few friends - probably people from the track team who are at least a little bit laid back to counteract the fact that she is highly strung. I sort of had this idea of her knowing people through track that she stayed friends with while she was ill, if anyone's up for that? Also we could do with some people for her to not get along with as well. Like an old rival from county wide races or something. I'd quite like to do the old rivalry thing, like they'd be trying to track each other down on the island to kill each other (and chicken out when the time comes most likely).

relationships

Uh yeah, so if anyone's interested in any of my doomed kiddies, let me know!
Edited by xylophonefairy, Sep 12 2012, 09:34 AM.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm glad you're one of us now. One of us. One of us. Okay I'll stop.

Loraine would definitely be friends with Harry. She's not the kind of person who would judge him for his business practices. Im fact, she'll think it's really cool! Also. Hawke's going to need alcohol, and Harry will no doubt irritate him. So a hate/"gotta be nice to this so I get alcohol" relationship is possible.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gregory Yee is Chinese rather than Korean. He could have a thing with Phoebe, and she could tell her grandparents he is Korean.

Note: I am part Asian, I know they are different. But they are similar enough to be confused.
It's kiss or kill and shoot to thrill when you do what you do.
I would not die for anyone, but I would kill for you.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There's a good chance Owen would get along well with Phoebe, seeing as they're both musical, slightly odd and in Band, and most of the time he's pretty hardworking. However, there are periods when Owen just slacks off, but I dunno whether that'd be a cause for concern. Chase is also very hardworking, so he'd most likely be friends with Phoebe.

I'm pretty sure all of my characters would get along with Harry, although Chase would most likely only have a passing relationship with him, as he doesn't really have much money, and doesn't often go to parties and things.
V7 BAYBEE
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky
Current Thread: The Glorious Evolution - "Sorry, that was a little weird, wasn’t it?"
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one
Current Thread: V for Vend-etta - "Fuck off. Are you kidding me?"
FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
FINALLY REPLYING TO THINGS.

@Ciel - I like Loraine and I can definitely see her and Harry getting along! I also love the idea of Hawke and Harry having a business like relationship. I can see Harry making an effort to be particularly annoying if he ever figures out that it grates on Hawke. He'd probably find that amusing.

@Loco - I reckon Phoebe's grandparents could probably tell he was Chinese, but that doesn't matter. I like the idea of her having to keep said boyfriend a secret. As it's kind of an important role for her we could try out a couple of threads when Pre-game rolls around to see if things work? I don't want to commit too early cos sometimes people disappear before pre-game even starts (not that I think you will, it just happens sometimes, I could equally disappear!), but this is definitely a possibility!

@Pippin - Phoebe could probably do with slacking off a bit, so Owen could be a bit of a good influence on her in that respect. As for Chase, he and Harry have cars in common, so they might actually be friendly in that respect, though Harry knows less about the technical side of things and more promotion. I reckon Harry will have a fairly amiable relationship with most people who don't find his exuberance annoying, being a permanent salesman he's always being friendly and trying to get on good terms with people.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
speaking of disappearing... Gregory Yee has been scrapped as a character.

He'll probably show up in the future though!

However, one his his replacements, Joey, would make a great friend for Harry!
Edited by umop-ap!sdn, Dec 23 2011, 09:21 PM.

G009 Cassidy Kant
A contestant, a seeker, an abstainer, a klutz, a case of survivor guilt, a repenter, a star crossed lover, a star crossed lover, a damsel in distress, a hot mess, an inspired dreamer, an unwanted ally, a pawn
B034 Joey Caputo
A scout, a follower, a tracker, a rebel without a cause, a slaughtered guinea pig
G017 Jaquilyn Locke
A victim, a survivor, a team player, a doubter, a hunter, a person, a schemer, an instructor, a nomad, a deserter, a self-appointed savior, a repenter, a failure, a hypocrite's scapegoat

Achievements Unlocked!

Serpico
Member Avatar
It's your boy.
[ *  * ]
Owen would be a customer for Harry Hanley and potential friend.
Owen would definitely be buying that Alcohol from him and possibly making wise cracks about it. He might try and pester him about the price occasionally though.
Owen would also be willing to help him with his dodgy activities as long as he gets something out of it at least.
NOTHING HERE, GO HOME EVERYONE.
Brady Kim Floyd || Cochise Highschool - Senior || Status - Just Fine || Availability: NIl. ||
Pregame thread count: || 1 ||

Cheshire42
Member Avatar
Ladies and Jellyspoon! Hobos and Tramps! Cross-eyed moskeetoes and bow-legged ants. Let our tale of insanity and wonder begin!
[ *  * ]
I don't know how... but I want Red and Harry to have some sort of relationship. Casual aquantances, Friend-enemy... I don't know what though...
Possible V5 Characters

Jack Widdlestone- A boy with his head in the clouds and his feet in the shadows. He tries to keep with himself, but will generally make friends with the stranger people out there. Has a thing for food and fairytales.

William Tyler Folley- A shortsited, energetic boy who's interests range from magic, to pranks to 80s/90s nostalgia. Never seen without his red hat.

Luna Vanderhof An obese student who is kind and sweet despite her large exterieror. She is also rather shy and has a large appiteite. She'll join a cooking club if there is one. Or an animation club.... or a bird watching/ singing club.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu139/Insan-kun/JackGeorgeandLuna.jpg

READY AIM FIRE FIRST TIME CHAMPION!
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/banthesun/RAFTrophy-1.png
SECOND TIME WINNER TOO!

For Friends and Enemies
http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/7359794/1/#new

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
looks like everybody wants to be Harry's friend hahaha
Edited by umop-ap!sdn, Dec 24 2011, 03:33 PM.

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
@Loco - What can I say, he's a useful guy to know! I reckon he'd get on with Joey, especially if the kid likes eating snack foods. They could girl watch together sometimes, seeing as both of them appreciate the opposite sex.

@diseasedbear - Harry is always willing to negotiate on prices for alcohol, if he can source reliable customers/help him sell stuff Harry might be willing to sell him things at a discount. Mates rates and all that.

@Cheshire - I reckon Harry and Red might get along, he'd like her fiery side. They might not be particularly close if she doesn't seek out friends and he doesn't have the time to invest in her too heavily, but I think they could get along (especially if they've known each other for a long time, went to the same elementary school or lived on the same street or something). Unless you want to play it another angle and she could find his over-friendliness irritating. It's up to you!
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

umop-ap!sdn
Member Avatar
upside-down
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sounds perfect man.

G009 Cassidy Kant
B034 Joey Caputo
G017 Jaquilyn Locke

Achievements Unlocked!

Serpico
Member Avatar
It's your boy.
[ *  * ]
Sounds good, we can talk about their relationship in further detail if you'd like.
For now I'll list Owen as Friend and customer in my own thread if that's alright.
NOTHING HERE, GO HOME EVERYONE.
Brady Kim Floyd || Cochise Highschool - Senior || Status - Just Fine || Availability: NIl. ||
Pregame thread count: || 1 ||

Cheshire42
Member Avatar
Ladies and Jellyspoon! Hobos and Tramps! Cross-eyed moskeetoes and bow-legged ants. Let our tale of insanity and wonder begin!
[ *  * ]
@xylophonefairy , I could see him knowing her from elementary school or middle school. I can't see them more then aquatances, but she'd hang around with him and occasionally help him with some of his schemes.
Possible V5 Characters

Jack Widdlestone- A boy with his head in the clouds and his feet in the shadows. He tries to keep with himself, but will generally make friends with the stranger people out there. Has a thing for food and fairytales.

William Tyler Folley- A shortsited, energetic boy who's interests range from magic, to pranks to 80s/90s nostalgia. Never seen without his red hat.

Luna Vanderhof An obese student who is kind and sweet despite her large exterieror. She is also rather shy and has a large appiteite. She'll join a cooking club if there is one. Or an animation club.... or a bird watching/ singing club.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu139/Insan-kun/JackGeorgeandLuna.jpg

READY AIM FIRE FIRST TIME CHAMPION!
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/banthesun/RAFTrophy-1.png
SECOND TIME WINNER TOO!

For Friends and Enemies
http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/7359794/1/#new

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
I guess Jason and Harry will get along, both being workers.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
Casually bumping my own thread because THIRD CHARACTER. Lor's been approved for a couple of weeks but I started back at Uni and it's all just been very busy since then. And I want MORE FRIENDS to feed my characters.

(Also, if we had sorted out any other relationships at any point and I haven't put them on here remind me. I have a memory like a sieve, which is totally a characteristic everyone wants in a doctor.)
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply