Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Questions Game - V5 Edition
Topic Started: Oct 21 2011, 04:51 PM (13,924 Views)
Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Some of you might remember the Questions Game thread that Solomir put up two years ago.

Well, seeing as we're nearing pregame, I felt that it might be appropriate to bring it back for our V5 characters. It always struck me as a fun way to fleshen out our characters after all.

Here are the basic rules:

Instructions:
1) Read the question asked in the most recent post.
2) Pick one of your characters and answer that question. Put the question in quote tags so we can see what the question is.
3) Ask a new question for the next person to answer. Questions can be random and silly, or be deeper and more probing. (Don't flood the thread with silly questions though)

The above-linked thread features a lot of good (and bad) examples of the kind of questions that could be asked, and how best to reply to them. Just make sure to avoid pitfalls, such as borning yes/no questions and forgetting to provide a question after answering the previous one, and this thread should go along fine.

(Also worth mentioning that its best to assume that the questions aren't being asked by an interviewer or something IC, seeing as one problem I noticed with the original thread was that some characters answers were more-or-less "I'm not answering because it's a secret".)

So, without further ado, I may as well ask the first question:

Question:
Where do you picture yourself twenty years from now?
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: Name the first song you ever remember hearing.

Brian: Heh, funny story... My father, he was always a big fan of 80's Russian Rock, and I distinctly remember the first song he ever played to me being this obscure tune called Blood Type by... God, what the hell was that band's name again... Kino? Something like that, yeah.

Ruby: The first song I remember hearing? Okay, weird question, but what the hey. Um... I vaguely recall hearing a song by the Beatles when I was, like, three or four years old. Can't remember what song it was though, but it was definitely by the Beatles.

Jenna: *laughs a little* I can't say I remember what the song was called or who it was by, but when I was a kid this rap song started playing on the radio which got my family's attention when the singer started swearing like a sailor. I remember the event quite clearly because it was the first time I ever heard such language, and my parents had to explain to me immediately afterwards that there were certain naughty words which only adults are allowed to say. Good times...

Question: What kind of music do you like?
Edited by Fiori, Oct 22 2011, 06:03 AM.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Question: What's your favorite internet meme?

Brian: I don't care if it's now outdated, that Numa Numa guy STILL cracks me up to this very day.

Ruby: Hmm, tough question, but... I guess I kinda have a soft spot for lolcats. Oh, and I've always found the Nyan Cat pretty amusing too. You know what, fuck it, I'm just going say anything that involves cats.

Jenna: I've never really been that up to date when it comes to internet memes, but I recall this one time when a friend of mine showed me this funny video of some guy going on about a double rainbow or something. Does that count?

Question: Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? If so, who was it?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: You've suddenly been forced to visit one country from every continent! Which countries do you choose to visit?

Brian: Well I've always wanted to go to Russia, what with it being my family's home-country and all, so that's definitely my pick for Asia. I also wouldn't mind a chance to see what Paris is like in person, so that's Europe sorted. As for which African country, I uh... Well, I guess it couldn't hurt to go to South Africa, right? Seems like a pretty decent place to go on holiday. I'm not exactly sure whether or not Australia and New Zealand are part of a continent, but if I had to pick between them I'd go with Australia. No, scratch that, I'd rather go to Tazmania. As for South America, um... Brazil? Maybe?

Ruby: Hmm, I've already been to Scotland before on holiday, but what the hell. Nothing wrong with visiting the country your family descended from more than once in a lifetime, right? And a part of me has always wanted to go on holiday to Kenya. As for Asia, I guess I could go to Japan or something, see what all the fuss is about. It'd be kinda cool to go to New Zealand as well. Uh, what else... Oh right, South America, I nearly forgot. Gonna have to agree with Brian and say about Brazil.

Jenna: Well, since my mother's Iranian, and my father's family originated from Ghana, I'd say those are my two picks for Africa and Asia. I wouldn't mind going to Mexico either, if we're counting Central America. Brazil would be my pick for South America, and Australia would be my pick for Oceania. As for Euorpe... Hmm, not sure..... Wait, I know! I'd want to go to England. London, to be exact. Half of my favorite books originated from England after all.

Question: What are your thoughts on Japanese culture?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: So yeah. You're trapped on a desert island. You can only bring one normal item, and one person with you. What and who are you going to bring?

Brian: Lets see... I'd probably bring Shiro and a bottle of vodka along with me. What? I'm probably going to die anyway, so I may as well go out partying. Besides, this is only a hypothetical question, right?

Ruby: I'm guessing that asking for a helicopter and a pilot would be cheating. In which case... Hmm, if she's cool with being trapped on a desert island as well, I'd probably bring Regan and a flare gun.

Jenna: Probably my father and a satellite phone. Honestly though, I doubt it would really matter who I brought along, seeing as the phone would be more than enough to solve the whole "stuck on a desert island" problem anyway.

Question: What are your political beliefs?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: If you could go through time and space to beat up anyone in the history of the planet, absolutely anyone, who would it be?

Brian: As unoriginal an answer this is, i'm gonna go ahead and say Hitler, even though I'm pretty sure that everyone else is going to pick him as well. I think pretty much everyone on the planet has fantasised about kicking Hitler's ass Inglourious Basterds style. Because lets face it, NOBODY has it coming more then that guy.

Ruby: Actually Brian, I think Stalin deserves it a LITTLE more than Hitler. I mean, at least Hitler died like a coward as the Nazi regime fell apart around him. Stalin on the other killed millions, and pretty much got away with it scott free. If anyone deserves to get their ass handed to them, its him. The fact that he made the rest of us Atheists look bad doesn't exactly help.

Jenna: Honestly, I find this question redundant. You can go on as much as you want about how cool it would be to be able to brutalise some fascist or communist dictator from the past, the fact remains that they're already dead. So what you're doing is completely pointless. Although, for the sake of answering the question, I'd probably pick Danya for all the hundreds of innocent America citizens who were effected by actions. Not to mention the fact that he warped the mind of an entire generation with his sick excuse of a TV Program.

Quote:

Question: If you could own any fictional creature as a pet, which one would you choose?

Brian: Huh? Two questions in a row? Ookay then, uh... I guess it would be pretty neat to have a pet pegasus. I mean, you can just fly it around the place shouting "Hey everyone, look at me! I'm on a flying horse!" or something... Okay, I probably wouldn't do that, but still you gotta admit that it would be awesome to have one.

Ruby: Okay, this might seem a little silly, but... Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to have Puar from Dragon Ball as a pet. I mean, it's a flying cat-rabbit thing that can talk and shapeshift into stuff! Who WOULDN'T want a pet like that?

Jenna: Oh, I don't know... It'd be interesting to have a Phoenix as a pet, I guess. Although, I would have to keep it somewhere where it couldn't burn the house down, which I imagine could be somewhat irritating.

Question: Are there any particular fandoms that you find particularly annoying?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: If you could speak any language, excluding the ones you can already speak, which one would you use?

Brian: Well, I can already speak Russian, so that's taken care of. But it would be pretty cool if I could speak Spanish or French as well. You know, to impress the ladies! *winks*

Ruby: Haha, very funny Brian. But in all seriousness, I suppose it would be interesting if I knew Japanese. That way I could watch Japanese movies with the subtitles turned off... And anime too, I guess.

Jenna: Hmm... I've always wanted to know how to speak Farsi. It's such an intriguing language, but I've just never got around to actually sitting down and trying to learn it.

Question: If you were offered $1000 to kiss someone of the same gender on the lips (Or the opposite gender, if you're already into that sort of thing), would you do it? If so, anyone in particular who you'd pick?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: What, in your personal opinion, is the most horrifying form of torture possible?

Brian: Anything involving the genitals. Seriously, I'd rather have both my arms chopped off than to have anything bad happen to Cinderella and the two ugly stepsisters.

Ruby: Being forced to sit down for an two an a half fucking hours to watch some shitty pretentious arthouse film. No, I don't think watching the same dull shot go on for fifteen minutes is the least bit thought provoking. Nor do I think that randomly cutting to a cow or something is supposed to be symbolic. It's all total bullshit, and a complete waste of my time. Also... Cinderella and the two ugly stepsisters? Is that what you call... You know what, nevermind, I'll pretend I didn't just hear that.

Jenna: I cannot imagine anything more horrific than being punished for a crime I didn't commit. It doesn't matter how severe or minor the punishment is, the fact it's for something that I had nothing to do with is enough to make it worse then the cruellest medieval torture methods.

Question: What qualities do you look for in a partner?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Answering this one first because it got missed out.

Question: Name a celebrity would would turn gay/straight for. If you're bisexual, name the top five celebrities you'd bang.

Brian: Geez, uh, where to begin... Megan Fox seems like an obvious first choice. Then I'd probably have to go with Emma Stone. As far as other guys go, I always thought James McAvoy was pretty cute, and I guess I kinda have a thing for Anton Yelchin for reasons you could probably guess. Then, uh... Screw it, I'm gonna go with Angelina Jolie. Because damnit, I don't care if she's a mother in her late thirties, she's still Angelina Jolie!

Ruby: Hmm... Well, I remember seeing this Japanese gorefest called Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl, and apart from all the gratuitous bloodshed the thing that caught my eye the most was the main protagonist. Who, i've got to admit, is actually kinda gorgeous. I can't really remember what his name was though... Takashi or something?

Jenna: *audible silence*

Quote:

QUESTION: If you could live in a cartoon, which cartoon would you be in?

Brian: A cartoon you say? Hmm, to be honest, I don't really watch that many. But I guess it would be pretty neat to live in Futurama, what with all the cool futuristic technology and all.

Ruby: Spongebob Squarepants. What? It's a silly question, so I'll give it a silly answer. Although, I guess I am also kinda curious as to what the heck a Crabby Patty tastes like...

Jenna: I'd love to be able to solve crimes alongside Jimmy Kudo from Case Closed. I'd say it would be a dream come true, but that'd probably be pushing it a little.

Question: If you only had 24 hours left to live, what would you do?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: What is the worst movie you've ever seen?

Brian Zhdanovich: Uh, give me a minute. I tend to avoid watching films which I don't think I'll enjoy, and many people have told me that my standards are too low when it comes to movies... But, that said, I really regretted the day I decided to watch Hulk. GOD, that movie was boring.

Ruby Forrester: I'm not sure if it counts, but during Theatre Studies my class had to sit through this short film called Rockaby which was adapted from a play by Samuel Beckett. And... My god. I have never seen ANYTHING so tedious and pretentious in my entire life. I mean, Jesus, the entire thing consists of some old hag rocking back and forth on a chair repeating the same lines over and over again. For thirteen-fucking-minutes. By the end, I felt like breaking something. But, as far as mainstream films go, Eragon was one of the most godawful films I've ever had to endure.

Jenna Rhodes: Reservoir Dogs. No, I'm not even kidding. Nearly everyone I know keeps telling me its a classic, but when I finally got around to seeing it myself I was so disgusted I couldn't even finish watching it. That scene where the police officer gets tortured is one of the most vile things I've ever had to sit through, especially seeing as my father happens to be a police officer too. And even without all the gratuitous violence, the rest of the movie is still awful. Everyone keeps telling me that Quentin Tarantino movies are all about the snappy dialogue, but as far as I can tell the dialogue consists of nothing but people swearing and talking about sex. And the story is so slow, I'm surprised most of the audience haven't fallen asleep by the halfway point.

So... Yeah, long story short, I didn't like the movie.

Question: What kind of music do you like?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

QUESTION: You are placed in a room with a man tied to a chair. You are given a gun with one bullet in the cartridge. If you do not shoot the man in one hour, you will be electrocuted. If you kill yourself, the man will be killed as well. What do you do?

Brian Zhdanovich: Uh... Bit a dark question, isn't that? I guess I'd try to find a way out, since I've apparently got an hour to do so.

Ruby Forrester: Depends on whether or not the electrocution is fatal. Also, for the record, I hate pointless questions like this.

Jenna Rhodes: I'd call the police on my mobile phone. Next question, please.

Question: What are your thoughts on movies which feature a lot of blood and gore?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: Who do you think are the best villains in any fictional work?

Brian: I've always preferred bad guys who never take themselves too seriously. You know, like the Joker, or uh... Whatshisname, the guy from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies...

Ruby: Personally, I've believe that-

Brian: FREDDY KRUEGER! That's the guy's name!

Ruby: ...Oookay. Anyway, as I was saying, I believe that the best villains are always those that you REALLY end up hating. Not in the "Oh god, this character sucks" kind of hate though, more the "Man, this character's a total dick!" kind of hate. I mean, the way I see it, you're always meant to root for the hero right? So naturally, if a villain's bad enough that you WANT to see them get their comeuppance, then the writer is obviously doing something right. Not that there's anything wrong with sympathetic bad guys, just that I prefer the kind that makes me want to reach into the screen and throttle them myself. As far as specific examples go, I'd say that the bad guy from Oldboy is probably the best as far as truly evil villains go.

Jenna: A good villain to me is one who's smart. And I mean genuinely smart, not "sci-fi" smart. The kind who can come up with an ingenious scheme that would impress even the cleverest of protagonists. Think Moriarty rather than... I don't know, pretty much any mad scientist.

Quote:

Question: What is your perfect first date? (Where do you go, what do you do, what do they look like...how far do you go?)

Brian: (chuckles) Okay, lets see... There's this cinema near were I live where you can go order a pizza and eat it WHILST you're watching a movie! That's always been a perfect place to take my dates to. After that... I don't know. I guess I might take them back to my place if my dad's not home, maybe cuddle up on the sofa to watch some TV or something. Honestly though, it mostly depends on what they want.

Ruby: First date? Uh... Not sure, although it'd be cool to go grab a bite to eat at some Italian restaurant or something. Other then that, not much really comes to mind other then just sitting around and hanging out. I've never really been a "lets go on some fancy date!" kind of girl, you know?

Jenna: Well, the thing is, i'm putting that kind of thing off until I go to university. But when the time comes, I suppose I would want it to be something special. Something that I would always remember. It doesn't necessarily have to be mushy and romantic, but... Actually, I take that back. I'd love it to be all mushy and romantic.

Question: If you were given the task to make a five-minute short film, what would you make it about? (Genre? Tone? Style? Plot? Music? Etc...)
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Question: What kind of pet do you prefer?

Brian Zhdanovich: One that is small and easy to look after. So... Uh, I dunno, maybe a guinea pig or something?

Ruby Forrester: I've got three cats. Take a guess what my favourite pet is.

Jenna Rhodes: Whilst i've never owned one, I've always wanted to have a pet dog. What other pet could you take with you on trips to the park, or actually go out of its own way to aid you in times of need? As for what breed of dog I'd prefer, probably something along the lines of a German Shepard.

Question: If you found yourself in a situation where you had to pick between preserving your own life and saving someone you loved from certain death, would you sacrifice yourself to save them?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Brian and Ruby look at each other, then turn to the camera/interviewee/etc and say "Awkward" in unison.

Jenna: I imagine that it will be one of the most memorable moments of my entire life. Whether it'll be memorable in a good or bad way is yet to be seen though.

Question: What are your thoughts on gun control?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply