Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOTF Groundhog Day; Relive and repair ...
Topic Started: Oct 20 2011, 10:14 PM (1,394 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You're lying on the ground, dying. Your eyes close, and then open again - you look around. You note the familiarity of your surroundings as your hand travels to your neck, and the cold metal around it. Then you realize:

It's happening again ...

Welcome to SOTF Groundhog Day! The basic plot is as follows - your character has received a second chance in v4 - this time, with one important advantage - he or she remembers the events of the first go-through, and has the chance to make things better - whether for others or for him or herself is up to you. There will be some rules, as follows

• RULE 1: Your character starts at the exact same spot the second time as the first time. Also, he or she goes through the same threads up until elimination, with one exception (see Rule 3). Any characters eliminated before the escape may act freely should the original death be averted. So no, your character cannot wake up at Bayview and slash the tires or kill the drivers to save everybody.
  • RULE 2: Your character retains his or her memories of SOTF v4, but ONLY from his or her point of view, and ONLY until his or her elimination (e.g. Remi Pierce will not know of the escape attempt).
  • RULE 3: Should your character make it to the rescue, he or she may escape, regardless of whether or not he or she actually did, assuming that STAR would not turn them away - the limit in this case is one kill, plus any clear accidents, self-defense kills, or player kills (Maxwell, Clio, Brook, etc.). The "one character per handler" rule will not apply - ANY characters who are allowed to escape due to your actions are eligible.
  • RULE 4: Your character is the ONLY character to receive a second chance - each scenario is taken separately, and it is assumed that no other characters are repeating.
  • RULE 5: Escapees and people still in the game can get the second chance - their final point in the first game will be their most recent in-game post.
  • RULE 6: Please state the major events that are changed, and how the body count is changed (who gets spared/dies, and why so). For simplicity's sake, any un-eliminated character will be assumed to make the escape with no additional kills, and any killer whose kill count is lowered to an acceptable level can escape.
  • RULE 7: Your character IS allowed to divulge information regarding the future, provided it can be done without getting caught by Danya. Whether it is believed and how it is proven, is up to you.
  • RULE 8: While you can pre-emptively kill a player, the kill would count against you for escaping - before "Bloodgarden," nobody thought Brook was a raging psycho.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Soooo it's second chances, but you remember what happened.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
jesus dick

i just thought of rashid and harun on the boat to this tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saalGKY7ifU

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If your character is the only one to recieve a second chance, does that mean you'd have to write out an entire V4 character line including other people's characters and any altered reactions they'd have all by yourself? For that matter how is this being written out?
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

Lucas Brady - Believing in the Heart of the Cards - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is this intended for actual RPing or is it just a "If my character went through this again, what would they do differently" kind of discussion?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Slamexo - It will be written out as a list - where your character goes, what that character does differently, and what it changes - namely, who is saved/dies early as a result of your actions. How much detail you want to go into beyond that is up to you.

@Namira - It's just a "If my character went through this again, what would they do differently?" discussion

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I see. Fair enough.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds cool.

Everett Taylor would not lie about having a gun to the angry and dangerous girl. He'd probably get killed horribly within the first day anyways, though, lacking anything in the way pf survival skills and self confidence.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder drawn by Ryuki

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Craig's fucked no matter what you do, but maybe he'd try and find Jimmy. Cheer the guy up.

Felicia would, rather similarly, do everything in her power to get to Rosa before anything terrible happened.

Brook would certainly NOT go down the same road again. He remembered everything from the last time, and would steer Jason far away from anything that causes shit to go down.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hmm...

Brendan would probably try and stop Charlotte + Jaclyn from killing each other in the clinic (though considering Charlotte, he'd more than likely fail to save either of them), he'd be a lot more careful on that hill when saving S-Tan from dangerzone-splosion, probably not abandon as many friends as he did knowing how they'd turn out, and keep a better hand on his guns.

Clio would probably not have killed any of the people she did if she knew rescue was coming whoops just read rule 2. Anyway, she'd probably kill one or two more people, then die the same way.

Paige would earn some common sense and not piss off the racist basketballer with a gun.

Jacob would grow some balls and stop her from doing the above situation if it fails. That fails, he'd probably stick with Colin/Tim and be of big help in Bloodgarden/Lonely American nights when stopping Tim/Colin from possibly dying rather than wandering off. Oh, and he'd probably not bullrush Mizorye and get shot in the head since he knew Raidon was there.

Maf would turn around at the escape boats.
Edited by Brackie, Oct 22 2011, 02:22 AM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
Now you may be wondering, who was wearing the bolo tie? Me or the shark? Answer: YES!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nick: "...Pulling on the collars works, right?"
VeeFive

V4

NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's how Charlie would change things:

• White Knight Nightmare - Charlie doesn't mouth off to Jonathan Jarocki, so he doesn't shoot, meaning that Alex doesn't take a bullet and Jonathan doesn't split away. Should they still end up caught in the Greens when it goes DZ, they get out with much less drama.
  • Break Up and Break Down - Because everyone cleared the DZ pretty easily, tensions are down a little. Charlie would stay with Hayley, and talk to Steve when he shows up, to ensure that Hayley doesn't kill her. Should Hayley and Kyle leave, Charlie would request that should Hayley find James, she guide him to the Gazebo - alive and in one piece. Should Hayley stay, Charlie will ingratiate herself to Hayley. Either way, she has stopped, or at least postponed, the rampage of Hayley Kelly.
  • Cleanliness and Loneliness - Charlie goes and meets Thea, Jason, and Evie. Because Alex doesn't get shot, his arm doesn't get infected, leaving Jason with no reason to cut it off. Charlie would attempt to get Meredith out (politely at first), but also hold Jason back from making any dumbass comments.
  • Revenge Is Best Served Cold - With Alex's arm intact, Evie won't be under pressure to leave, thus meaning that Jason won't leave to find Evie. Evie and Jason live.
  • Without Love, It Cannot Be Seen - Since Steve doesn't die, if Hayley and Kyle are there, the most that happens is that Charlie joins in on the fun. Kyle lives.
  • Anthem For Doomed Youth - Charlie carries Ricky out of the tunnels. Ricky lives.
  • The Use of Common Sense is Authorized - There was a campfire and some hanging out. Nothing here really changes.
  • Everyday is Like Sunday - If Hayley is still there, the meeting would be cordial at worst.
  • A Slight Change of Plans - Charlie hears about the escape attempt and comes back to the Eastern Beach with Acacia (who escaped anyway), Thea (who has no reason to go after Hayley) and Mary-Ann (who followed the three of them there and is still friendly with them) - Charlie, Thea and Mary-Ann live.
  • Other changes - Because Alex Campbell never got shot, his arm wouldn't get cut off, meaning he would live to see the boats. Because Jennifer Romita wasn't killed, Morgan Leftowitz wouldn't have gone crazy and would have escaped. Madelyn Prowers would not kill herself, because Hayley Kelly didn't kill five people (as of her death), so they would live to see the boats. Because Hayley has killed nobody, Ema Ryan is not guilty by association and gets to escape.
Assuming that everyone mentioned escapes, the following additional people would be on the boats: Jonathan Jarocki, Steve Barnes, James Mulzet (if Hayley listened), Jennifer Romita, Jason Clarke, Andrew Mitchell, Evelyn Reed, Alex Campbell, Madelyn Prowers, Kyle Portman, Ricky Fortino, Morgan Leftowitz, Ema Ryan, Hayley Kelly (both taken off STAR's shit list), Mary-Ann Warren, Thea Kairos, and Charlene herself, for a total of 17 people saved.

It should be noted that Charlie really got the short end of the stick here. Had she lived a couple hours longer, she would have known that there would be a rescue attempt, and would have probably tried to save Joe Rios, as well as being able to use her knowledge of the escape as well as previous events to ensure cooperation.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Harun would be very much "well, I'm getting off alive"; he'd just try and keep Rashid sane, and try and get more people to stay close to him.

Dougal would be a lot more cautious with that shotgun.

Sunil would, I dunno, stay away from the docks and not let Rena wander off.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
Acacia - wouldn't go into the Sawmill, Roman wouldn't get shot, they would go and find Alex. All of them would hide for several days, and then all get escaped. Roman lives and Acacia doesn't get beaten up by Alex.

Helen - would not do her appendix surgery and go wait on the beach instead, so that STAR can take her to people who are actually surgeons.

Neill - would try his best not to lose Ray, and run away at the first sight of Rachel Gettys. Then he'd get to the boat. Or maybe just do as he did up until he hears about the boats, and then run away from Rachel and get rescued anyway.

Maddy - not really sure here seeing as she went a bit nuts. Perhaps not tell Clio of Charles' plan. Maybe not lose her weapons in the swamp so that when she encounters Raidon later she can throw her machete and cleaver at him. I had such high hopes for Maddy becoming a crazed killer, with machete in one hand and cleaver in the other.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, Marty would probably try to find Carol before it was too late to see her one last time, seeing as he kind of missed the boat last time. How successful he is on the other hand is something I'm uncertain of.

Joshua would try to stop Remi from pulling his own collar, and would make damn sure that Everett doesn't wander off too far this time. Apart from that, I imagine that he would also try to find Marty earlier then he did last time, seeing as he would have a vague idea where he was.

Maxwell, knowing full well where the whole "shoot everyone on sight" tactic eventually led to, decides to lay low and wait until the boats arrive so that he could escape without having to pay for what he did during his previous life. He's kind of a dick that way.

Vera would not bother trying too see if she can take refuge in the ranger station. Instead, she'd be more concerned with finding Maxwell and filling him full of lead. What happens afterwards though is something I'm not 100% sure about.
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply