Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Mighty Sparrow
Topic Started: Oct 15 2011, 02:09 PM (4,001 Views)
Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
On the left is a mod, on the right is a pre-made psycho...get the picture?
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Tabi Gweneth continued from Awe of She))

It hurt to walk. Her ankle wasn't in as much pain and before, but there was still a limp to her steps. Added to that, was a new pain in her lower abdomen. It was a throbbing pain, as if a flare was being lit inside repeatedly.

And yet through it all, Tabi was smiling and no amount of pain was going to remove it from her.

When she woke up earlier that day the first thing she saw was the cameras. It had caused her cheeks to warm up. No matter how many times she had acknowledged them in the past, it was always so easy to forget that people were watching them all. She turned away from it and looked up to the dawn sky. It had been a bright blue, with a myriad of purples and pinks. She fiddled with her underwear and let out a slight cough.

It had been then when she looked down at Ivan. It seemed that he was able to get more sleep than she did. She had doubts that it was much more than hers, but it was best not to wake him. Not until they absolutely had to leave.

Sadly, the collars had awoken them, and it was to her own disappointment, that Tabi and Ivan had to leave once more.

They had traveled quite a distance before the noonday sun had been shining upon them. The two of them had not spoken a word between each other. Sharing only passing glances between them, flushing every single time. Tabi found herself adjusting her dress constantly.

They were in the residential area. A place where the two of them had many memories of. Most of them were rather poor. But perhaps, a new one, a bright and happy one would happen.

After all, it was time to face the world a day at a time. She had spent enough time dwelling on the past.

"Do you want to stop here?"
v5 characters
B054:Oscar Trig-Smoker, Artist, Film Buff

Please, message me if you have ideas, I sure don't!

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was an arduous process to get up the steps, but Tabi powered her way through it. It was only one flight of winding stairs after all. They had been through much worse and made it out alive, stairs weren't going to stop her.

The bedroom that Ivan had walked into was rather spacious. Anything that was of value had probably been removed from the premises. The only things left was the bed, its frame, and some very heavy looking side tables and dressers they had probably been too big for whoever looted the place to remove, and so it rested here. Tabi looked at the pale walls, by all accounts this was a gloomy space to be in, but there was still the light from a curtain-less window. The noonday sun was starting to fall into afternoon light, providing a much warmer spread into the room and onto the bed.

She turned her head back and saw Ivan's nervous tapping of the bed and invitation. Tabi couldn't help but laugh at it all, not through spite but of how silly he looked. They had spent all this time together and yet he was still afraid about such a simple gesture. She playfully strode up towards him, keeping mindful of her limp.

"It's perfect Ivan."

She gave him a gentle kiss on his forehead and sat down beside him before laying down on the mattress. Her eyes closed as she gently breathed in and out. Her hands drifted to her stomach, rising and falling with every breath. A squeaking noise opened her eyes, and it was then that she noticed that Ivan was laying next to her now.

"Kinda makes you forget about it all?" she said, "Doesn't it?"
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi had heard the gun shot, and despite what Ivan had asked of her. She couldn't help but move towards the window with him. The sound of the gun firing off multiple time had renewed that sense of having to find out where it was coming from and whether they could avoid it.

She didn't see the action, but she did see it's finale. On the ground was a dead girl, blood seeping onto the street below her. Standing in front of it was a shaggy looking kid, she squinted her eyes to see if she could pick him out amongst the faces that had littered the Bayview halls. Then it had come to her. It was Aaron Hughes, weedy and arrogant Aaron Hughes. He was from the chess club and she seemed to recall him boasting about his skills at times when walking past the classroom.

She remembered the announcements, he had been a killer, just like them. However this was different. This was cold blood, it couldn't look like anything else but cold blood.

It was unlikely that someone like that would be willing to talk civilly.

Tabi turned back to the bed when Ivan had hurriedly commanded that she go to. Inside her backpack was the other pistol. The one that they had stolen from Clio. The one that Tabi hadn't dropped and abandoned in the swamp. It was a Walther PPK she could tell by the intricate engravings on the barrel.

She had only fired a gun once during the whole time they had been on the island. It had been terrible, but at the same time, it ended up being something out of necessity. She lived because she couldn't keep her finger still.

Ivan had made his way out of the room, shotgun in hand. Tabi hobbled her way to the top of the stairs. She took in a deep breath and followed her boyfriend.

It looked like she had no choice now. But if it was to protect the man she loved. She figured she could pull the trigger again.
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi recoiled when the gunshot went off. She was already moving back up the stairs when Ivan was scrambling up to avoid being shot at. She rushed back into the bedroom and quickly dove to her bag. There was ammunition inside and if they ran out of ammo now they were as good as dead.

She heard the loud bang of Ivan's shotgun and found herself turning back to check on him. He was still alive. Good. Now it was time to help. She hobbled over to the other side and tried her hardest to hide from Aaron's bullets.

He didn't even let them talk. He gave them no time at all. They had already been pushed into a corner. There would be no reasoning with Aaron Hughes.

The two of them exchanged a look. It was a look of reluctance, but it appeared that there was nothing that could be done now. She nodded and let out a quiet breath.

Her fist tightened around the handle of the gun.

She bent around the corner and fired two shots. Not caring for her aim. It was all about protection now. It was all about keeping herself alive.

The gun fire echoed throughout the empty hallway. Ringing in her ears. She dove back behind her cover. Waiting for the next shots to come.
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
When the first shots rang out, Tabi pressed her back to the wall. If there was anyway to make her tougher to hit she would do it. But as it stood now. They were pinned. The first round of shots drew her out in an attempt to fire again. But Aaron had been faster and let out another round of shots. Tabi could hear his mad cries and it drew forth a lump into her throat. It was as if Aaron had just turned into this wild beast. Caring not for who or what got in his way. As long as he killed them both.

Tabi found herself rushing to the bedroom. They needed a choke point, and what better spot then the entrance to a room? Ivan just needed to follow her and they would reclaim the advantage. They'd be able to defend themselves.

"Ivan!"

She made a break for the room, there was a series of loud bangs, and then she collapsed onto the floor and screamed. Her right leg had gone hot with fire. Her breath went heavy in an instant and she tried to scramble behind the doorway. Her right leg wouldn't move in time with her, while her left flared in complaint when she put pressure on it. She started to crawl as fast as she could. She had seen what had happened when Ivan had been grazed with a bullet. But she had never expected that it had hurt this much. She turned her head around and saw the blood seeping from her leg. She wanted to patch it up right now, make the blood stop flowing. But the sounds from outside the hallway brought it all back into focus. Ivan was still out there fighting. She would too.

Tabi checked her gun, an empty cartridge. She looked around the room and saw the scattered clips of ammo on the floorboards. Reaching out, Tabi clutched her clip and loaded her gun. She wasn't dead yet.
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi had made it to the foot of the bed. She was unsure as to how it had happened. But she had made it all the same. It had been a struggle to break through the pain to hold her weapon, it was only for a few moments but that was all that she needed. There had been an opening, and she had fired. Was it twice? Four times? The entire clip? She couldn't tell. But Aaron had been hit at least once. He had dropped his weapon. Then she saw him flying, there was blood, and then there was nothing. He was no longer there.

It had become quiet. Sound had been sucked away from the room, and the only sounds heard were her increasingly sporatic breaths and a dull humming sound. The blood from her leg had brought a garish smear onto the woden floor from the cabinet to where she had now found herself. The flaring in her leg was intermitant and when it flared up it was an overload. Her head felt light and it was a sturggle to keep it upright.

Ivan was rushing over to her. If her leg looked bad on her side, she could only imagine how she looked to Ivan. He looked older than she had remembered, his face seemed to have succomed to the weight of the game. It was bloody and bruised, and she couldn't tell for sure, but it had looked as if his glasses may have cracked. His eyes though, there was such a weight held in those eyes the true proof of his age.

He kept asking her if she was alright. Over and over. He was trying to wrap up her leg, but in an instant the white bandages had become stained with crimson.

"Are you alright?"

Tabi smiled, and yet, she could feel the mosture pooling down her cheeks.

"No."

Ivan had paused. But, as if to not admit it himself, kept trying to wrap the bandage tighter. It was terrifying looking at him, feverishly trying to stop the bleeding.

"I'm dying...aren't I?"

"No, of course not!" Ivan blurted, "We can stop the bleeding."

She laughed, not out of spite, but it was something she couldn't keep under wraps. Maybe it was the admition of the truth. Just vocalizing it out for all to hear. Her head was becoming heavy, it drooped down, giving her full view of Ivan's efforts.

"Sorry. I didn't mean it that way."

Her hands lifted up to her belly.

"Last night was wonderful Ivan. I'm glad that I got to share that with you."

"N-no."

"Ivan, stop. I... I wan't to give you something."

Her arms lifted up behind her. She was fiddling with the bobble of hair that she had put up yesterday. Ivan seemed to love that look. She liked it too.

When her fingers grabbed the scrunchie holding it together she let out a low hum before pulling it off of her, letting the hair drop down beside her. She then strained her neck up to look at her boyfriend, trying her hardest to keep a brave face, despite her tears.

"I want you to take this Ivan. I want you to take this, and, if you could. Could you maybe bring it home with you? I think my parents would like to keep it you know? You don't have to do it though. I mean. It makes a great bracelet. Something to remember me by y'know?

Stay with me Ivan. But please, don't give up. Your little brother wouldn't want you to give up after all."

Tabi placed the hand with the scrunchie into his own and held it there. She could feel Ivan squeezing it tightly.

"Thanks Ivan."

She couldn't keep her eyes open. Everything was starting to grow heavy. And yet...

This was nice...

After all she had been through, Tabi Gweneth was content.

G041 - Tabitha "Tabi" Gweneth: Deceased
6 Students Remain
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply