Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Yet another relationship thread
Topic Started: Sep 14 2011, 10:30 PM (788 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay. Pregame's coming up, so I'd better prepare my characters as well - so here are how my characters stand in school (as I see them)

KATARIN "KAT" TOLSTOFF - currently a member of the Bitch Squad, also going to be a point guard on the basketball team. She's going to be a "loyal manipulator" - meaning that she'll stick with those she considers friends and would be a good team player so long as her team does right by her, but she's not averse to using manipulation to help out/get what she wants/whatever (no, this won't be anything grandiose, at least not in pre-game). Has a twin brother, Edgar, played by storyspoiler. In some ways, she'll be like v4's Charlene (athletic, popular, pretty), but I'm going to tone her abilities down to a less offensive level so that Kat isn't a Mary Sue.

ZUBIN WADIA is a member of the "outer in-crowd" - he's not in the top echelons, but his quirkiness accompanied with his friendly demeanor means that he is on more or less good relations with the other students (he doesn't specifically dislike people unless they are deliberately mean). He's a bit of a geek, especially involving video and tabletop games, but he's also on the debate, math, field hockey (manager) track, and swim teams. He'll need some friends, but I wouldn't mind him having some enemies (although given his status, it's likely that those people will be called "bullies").

MICHAEL WHALEY is a strong side safety on the football team, a power forward on the basketball team, and a second baseman on the baseball team. He's fairly popular due to that status, but there's one other thing - both his parents (in reality his aunt and uncle on his mother's side - his biological parents are dead) are deaf, and as such, he knows ASL and might end up volunteering at a deaf school, but he'll be somewhat more comfortable speaking ASL, as he speaks it almost exclusively at home, and signing his speech will likely be one of his nervous tics. Mike doesn't talk about this much, as he knows that his biological parents are dead, and has gotten over it pretty easily, given that he will be at oldest two or three when it happens.

Any friends/enemies/suggestions for these three?
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Acidic
Member Avatar
Stuff Happened!
[ *  *  * ]
Caleb is on the football too. So maybe he'd get along with Caleb.

And Edith is a gamer, so maybe she'd get along with Zubin.

You can see for yourself, and mind the update at the bottom.
Lars Nylund "Shit, I was here for something."
Shopping -> Shooting
Edith West "Who the hell is editing my posts?"
Flirting
Caleb Matthews "Don't worry, Bro. We're still cool."
Refereeing

Sig'd

A journey of a thousand miles ends with one,
"Fuck this, lets play video games."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.

Cheshire42
Member Avatar
Ladies and Jellyspoon! Hobos and Tramps! Cross-eyed moskeetoes and bow-legged ants. Let our tale of insanity and wonder begin!
[ *  * ]
Luna Ganderweight and Jack Widdlestone need some bullies to torture them. Kat might work for that. Jack generally hangs out with other people who aren't that popular. He doesn't talk much but could be friends with Zubin
Possible V5 Characters

Jack Widdlestone- A boy with his head in the clouds and his feet in the shadows. He tries to keep with himself, but will generally make friends with the stranger people out there. Has a thing for food and fairytales.

William Tyler Folley- A shortsited, energetic boy who's interests range from magic, to pranks to 80s/90s nostalgia. Never seen without his red hat.

Luna Vanderhof An obese student who is kind and sweet despite her large exterieror. She is also rather shy and has a large appiteite. She'll join a cooking club if there is one. Or an animation club.... or a bird watching/ singing club.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu139/Insan-kun/JackGeorgeandLuna.jpg

READY AIM FIRE FIRST TIME CHAMPION!
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/banthesun/RAFTrophy-1.png
SECOND TIME WINNER TOO!

For Friends and Enemies
http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/7359794/1/#new

The Bearded One
One of the Larpaajilta
[ * ]
Zubin Wadia has a ready-made clique over at the Tabletop RPG group thread.

Michael Whaley will have Lenny Nast (see my sig below) trying to learn ASL vocabulary from him in the most humorous way possible: making random hand motions and asking Michael what he just said. It usually ends up total nonsense, but occasionally will form an almost-sentence like "Fish school tradition dummy" or "Canadian army eagle crash". He has (I'm sure) already learned the "don't don't umbrella umbrella" dance. (I'm a professional ASL interpreter in real life, and this is really how one of my friends "learns" ASL from me.)

v5 concepts:
Spoiler: click to toggle

SotF-TV:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright, we've talked about it a bit over most of the threads here, but here's where I try and establish something clear.

Tessa and Zubin would both know each other through several of the academic clubs we talked about in that other thread, and their relationship would kinda be love-hate - sometimes she can rely on him, while other times she finds him intolerable and doesn't want anything to do with him (most of the time she's strung up on caffeine pills, so she's pretty unpredictable). Their friendship, if it could be called one, would basically be a result of mutual petty/light antagonism coupled with an eventual reliance and tolerance of one another due to their similar interests and crossing paths.

how does that sound?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rachael might know Michael from ASL class. Since the event that rendered her mute, she mostly communicates by writing messages down, but she also took sign language to quickly communicate, although only with those who understand it.

Kat would also probably bully Rachael. I can also see her having a poor relationship with Laura, who used to be in Bitch Squad but was kicked out when she got pregnant.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, here's what I got so far:

Kat - Bitch Squad and basketball team, as well as:
Kat

Zubin - Field hockey, swim and track teams, RPG group, as well as:
Zubin

Mike Whaley - Football, basketball, and baseball teams, as well as:
Mike

Regarding Kat and Laura, it would depend on who Laura has had sex with (i.e. was Kat or Miranda dating the guy at the time?). If yes, then they would be on very bad terms. Double points if the ex-boyfriend might be the father. If not, then they might end up growing apart, but Kat wouldn't hate Laura.

Please keep me updated

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rutherford "R.J." Roger Jr. could be a friend of Michael since they both play baseball and are nice and quiet.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
As i've said before, Veronica and Zubin are friends.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, dredging up this topic, as well as this one. So I have Zubin, Mike, and Kat. Here are the relations as far as I know:

Zubin:

• Stacey Modetsky (Aura Master Fox) - Acquaintance through Jake
  • Jaquilyn Locke (Nuggets) - Friend/Prom date
  • Naomi Bell (Violent Medic) - Semi-friend
  • Mara Montalvo (Ruggahissy) - Negative acquaintance
  • Veronica McDonald (leAloha) - Friends

Kat:

• Miranda Millers (KamiKaze) - Best friend
  • Mara Montalvo (Ruggahissy) - Negative acquaintance
  • Stacey Modetsky (Aura Master Fox) - Acquaintance through Jake
  • Edgar Tolstoff (aristea) - Brother
  • Cody Patton (MK Kilmarnock) - Prom date

Mike:

• Dan Liu (bacon) - Basketball
  • Lana Torres (KamiKaze) - Friend/Prom date
  • Cody Patton (MK Kilmarnock) - Football/Baseball
  • R.J. Roger (Un-Persona) - Baseball

If anyone else has a relation, please reply. Links to the profiles are in my signature.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply