Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
v5 Rules of Thumb
Topic Started: Sep 5 2011, 02:08 AM (2,745 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Honestly, this idea does not seem far-fetched at all to me. This is the kind of thing I would do. Granted, I'm one odd duck, but still, people like this exist. These lists aren't all that uncommon in my circle of friends, and if there was a chance of it actually happening then I know at least half of the guys I know would take a note-book full of these "rules" with them during any sort of group trip.

What is most interesting to me about this concept is watching it breakdown. I mean, realistically these rules will inevitably fail. You can bet Columbus had rules about not trusting people and only working with them as much as you have to given his personality type, but that fell apart right quick, didn't it? No matter how prepared you think you are for something like this, you can never really handle it, and that realization could be a truly powerful thematic moment.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rule 16: You're a fighter, not a lover. Last-chance romances are distracting, and force you into a no-win situation.
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ignoring the inherent infeasibility of an otherwise innocent teenager being able to murder anyone, even a sociopath, in cold-blood, I'd like to examine game-theory for a moment: Role-playing is the responsibility of the handler, not the concept. At the conceptual stage these rules are being written by a high-school student who has no actual experience implementing any of them. At the role-playing level, they must be viewed by the handler through that lens. Is it realistic to actually run the game by these rules, to the letter? No. Does it make sense to leave rules like "Shoot the psycho, no questions asked" out when writing an uninformed survival guide? Double-no. That's the nature of the beast, though. Everything about a concept should in theory be dictated on a case by case level. Rather than operating on the philosophy of "My character will always do X", it would seem more logical to say "My character thinks they will always do X." Just my 2 cents.
SotF Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply