Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
v5 Rules of Thumb
Topic Started: Sep 5 2011, 02:08 AM (2,760 Views)
xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
Maybe he wrote the list sort of around the time of v4, so he'd be younger and maybe a bit more dramatic/immature. I remember in school sometimes writing stupid lists with my friends when we were bored, how to survive a zombie apocalypse, what not to do if you're in a horror film, that kind of thing. Then SOTF would effectively go away for a few years and they'd probably forget about the list. Also he'd grow up, become less paranoid, so the 'not going on school trips' thing would pass.

Then in game it's like "oh SOTF", and then after a little while he remembers the list. Might be an amusing moment when he remembers the #1 rule about not going on school trips. Also, maybe, if you made him forget some of the useful rules and only remember weird/pointless ones, it would be kind of funny, and you would avoid some criticism about being meta.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
It's one thing making the list saying "shoot on sight" then it comes to actually killing them. Someone they probably recognise/had a class with/stole a pen off in middle school. It could be a really great character moment when he realises that it's not as easy to follow the rules as he thought it might be.

And anyway, there's a chance he might end up with glow sticks as a weapon draw.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply