Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dropping my values to make friends!; It's just like high school!
Topic Started: Sep 2 2011, 06:55 PM (1,960 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cause I prefer less pre-game planning but at this rate none of my children will have any friends and a father has to control his children's social lives very precisely. So let's see who's what:

Ryan Banks

Ryan needs a few homies to be close with but isn't really seeking a large group to hang out with; a small size group to tag along with would work wonders. Fellow track members get bonus points but people have lives outside their sports foos it's not like you have to run and get all sweaty and shirtless to catch his interest. No boyfriend volunteers cause I'm still gonna find one of those through pre-game.

David "Dave" Russell

Dave needs friends, lots and lots of friends. He also could do with some buddies who were members of Aurora's former Student Volunteer Club (Which he is currently trying to rebuild), but other than that he just needs loads of pals and maybe some people he's rubbed the wrong way with his overenthusiasm.

Gabriella 'Gabby' Parker

Not looking for any bands or musical allies or the like as as mentioned in there I already have a partner handler talked out, but Gabby still needs friends and folks to hang out with. Not mentioned in that concept but she'd typically hang out with the peppy crowd more than anything else, but if you have another sort of suggestion please don't be afraid to whip it in my face. No romances though please, scornful and hate filled or otherwise.
Edited by Slam, Apr 19 2012, 11:29 AM.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ryan seems like he'd get along okay with Chase Rodriguez, as Chase is the type of person to speak to anyone and everyone, and respect Ryan's wishes for personal space and stuff.

And, because Amy needs a couple of people she dislikes, Alex would probably rub her the wrong way, seeing as Amy is one of those popular pretty girls.
V7 BAYBEE
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky
Current Thread: The Glorious Evolution - "Sorry, that was a little weird, wasn’t it?"
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one
Current Thread: V for Vend-etta - "Fuck off. Are you kidding me?"
FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Somehow, I feel that Rachel might make a nice friend for my gamer chick Monica. If Rachel is able to look past Monica's temper problems as you've described, they could make a nice duo. Let me know what you think.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Pippin: I can see Ryan getting on with Chase quite easily, yush. And the more people that Alex has pissed off the merrier!

@Flare: I can also see Rachel being happy enough to hang out with Monica, although I doubt she'd really play the video games herself that much. Temper could easily be dismissed by the dear girl as passionate for playing!
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Seeing as Brian's on the Track team, he'd probably get along well with Ryan. I can picture him trying to convince Ryan to act less introverted all the time, seeing as Brian himself is something of an extrovert.
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Stark
Member Avatar
Nuts.
[ *  *  * ]
I believe Caroline Quick is just the archnemesis Alex is looking for. Popular, pretty, and absolutely aware of it.
<Mimi>: You are much nicer than I thought you'd be!
<Stark>: Shut up, fatty.

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Fiori: I can see the two spending time together on the track team and perhaps the odd occsaion outside of it. Ryan probably wouldn't pay the extrovert pushing too much heed, though how he'd definitely react is still a brainstorming matter methinks.

@Stark: One single archnemesis might not be the shebang I'm going for, but then it could also potentially make for some fun scenes so Alex will quite gladly hate Caroline with a passion for now!

Though at this rate the poor love's going to be all hate and no play. Fellow assholes, where fore art thou?
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

storyspoiler
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Yelene might be jerk-friends with Alex, assuming Alex could deal with Yelene being Often Stoned.
--------

Alice Boucher was a liar.
Liz Polanski played with fire.

And who the hell is Radio Asuka?

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Actually, I actually have a concept for a set of fraternal twins (Edgar and Katarin Tolstoff), as outlined in this post and I was planning on playing Katarin. Maybe we could combine the concepts to create Edgar Tolstoff (for the record, the Edgar I was picturing was also going to be a blonde). If we were to do this, I would like to discuss how they would fit together so we can incorporate our backstories. Other than that, you would have complete control over Edgar.

To summarize: I could help you in the twin department, the only difference is in the names of the twins.

What do you think?
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@story: I like the idea but I'm a little concerned that Alex might have way too short a tolerance to deal with someone that was stoned so often and that Yelene would suffer the brunt of that more than the she'd care to.

@decoy: I already declined that offer through the PM you sent as well. For the sake of everyone else my interest is more in Ryan than it is in the twin factor.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rachel Penn has since died in a tragic skiing accident for being bland and too similar to Amber Whimsy. A full page in the yearbook is assured.

Ryan and Alex are still on the looky loo for friends, enemies and all the rest however.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Archemides390
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Hey, Slam. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ryan and Jamal sound like perfect matches. You can find his description in the V5 concepts thread. Also, regarding the track team; I was thinking that if it gets any larger, and nobody else wants to be captain, do you think making them co-captains could work? That's how it's done at my school, largely to prevent anyone from going mad with power. Also, so that practice doesn't have to stop just because one particular kid got sick, but, whatever. Preventing insanity resulting from minimal control over a high school sports team is the main thing.
Level 12.5 Misspelled Philosopher

Seel

Arch, good god man you need an advil

teamsleep
Member Avatar
dahmer party of five.
[ *  * ]
Alex and Tim Tavares already sound like best friends forever forever.
Posted Image
oh look v5 kids

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've updated Ryan and Alex's descriptions a bit to better reflect how I'm planning them these days, so if you've scheduled anything with me you might want to double check to be safe.

Archie: I can see where you're coming from, what with Ryan and Jamal both being track team enthusiasts, but the problem is the entry in the V5 problems thread doesn't really tell me a lot about Jamal's personality, just what he does and who he interacts with. If you could flesh out how he interacts with others a little more, then I'd be more than willing to give it a looksy.
As for co-captains, I don't even think Ryan would win the elections for it with his personality: guy may be a great runner but he's not exactly masta charisma. It's more of one of those '"I'd love to try" but he's gonna fail' things in my mind and I'm pretty sure co-captains could only happen if there was a tie or a close second. But if that does happen hey by all means considered.

teamsleep: Actually, I'm kind of having trouble seeing the two getting along for long if Tim doesn't actually know a thing about anarchism still like I just read in the concepts thread. Though I can see the two getting along from unpleasant parental histories sympathising, but really that's kind of the only link I'm seeing now, though the Alex I had up there was rather out of date and would have meshed better so I see why you offered up. Mah bad on not keeping them more modern really.
Edited by Slam, Nov 24 2011, 03:40 AM.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

teamsleep
Member Avatar
dahmer party of five.
[ *  * ]
I think I've graduated Tim from "obnoxious occupy wallstreet poser that doesn't know who Emma Goldman is" to "black bloc extremist that probably would do more harm to his cause than good". I figured Tim and Alex would get along almost like those two kids on the corner that would go "man look at these sheep with their fake problems, they don't know what REAL problems are!" etc.

Like an angry talkative co-ed Jay and Silent Bob.
Posted Image
oh look v5 kids

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply