Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friends and Relations; 'Cause why not?
Topic Started: Aug 5 2011, 05:16 AM (763 Views)
Sister Grimm
Member Avatar
I am a great biotic wind that will sweep all before me like a... a great wind! A great biotic wind!
[ *  * ]
So, as much as I'm loathe to do, I'm joining the crowd. Unlike V4, when I made characters where the need for friends was from minimal to nonexistent, I recognize that isn't going to really fly in V5. Not to say I'm not playing mostly the same vein of social outcasts, but, you know, less so than before. So, this time I'm going to do something different. I'm going to actually cast about for friends before pre-game starts.

So, without further adieu..

Regan Flagg: 18 year-old music geek with dreams of music stardom. Play's the guitar in a band with her brother, played by Ciel and another character played by Holly. Relatively strict Catholic parents, so, I'll say, strict home-life. Smart but not motivated, so doing poorly in school. Absent-minded and scattered, but friendly. Loves rock music, classic rock music mostly, stuff from 70's-90's period especially. Idolizes Dave Grohl, Kurt Cobain, and Angus Young. Closeted lesbian, keeping her orientation hidden because of overbearing parents. Lot's of teenage angst, 'who am I?' sort of stuff.

Looking for friends, people with similar musical interest mostly. Casual acquaintances, that sort of thing. Someone who plays drums would be awesome, but I'm not holding out hope for that. Rather, I'm holding out for Ciel of Holly to look for one for me.

Posted Image

------------------------

Jane Gordon: I was thinking a combination of V4 pre-game Pondsworth and The Breakfast Club's Bender, minus any parental abuse. Ignored at home. Loves her parent's and is desperate for their attention, so get's in fights/bullies people for attention. Loves animals, and wants to be veterinarian in the future. Closest nerd, e.g., loves to read, doing great in school. Homophobic, but more a subdued, passive discomfort than anything else. I kind of want her to mellow out toward the end of pre-game, but I'd play it by ear.

Looking for someone who she can actually call a friend. I realize that might be asking a lot for a professed bully, but I do want her to have a soft spot for someone. Maybe even a boyfriend, but I'm not holding out for a miracle. People with a soft spot for animals might do better in the friends category. As for the boyfriend, well, any applicants may apply.

Posted Image

------------------

Faye Martin Castle: Quiet, dorky, artsy girl. OCD, rail thin/anorexic. Germaphobe. Antisocial to the extreme, afraid of personal contact. Afraid of social interaction, but desperately wants to be able to make social connections/friends. Lonely. Talented artist, excels at painting and drawing. Uses art as a means of expression. After graduating, wants to work with computers or video games. Sees video games as an escape.

Looking for a friend or two, small number sort of thing. Remember, girl terrified of social interaction, so she's not exactly going to be the belle of the ball. Artsy people, I'm thinking, unless that seems too obvious.

Posted Image
Edited by Sister Grimm, Jan 22 2012, 06:17 AM.
"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass" -Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Lost To the Ages
Spoiler: click to toggle

Coming soon, to a V5 near you
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I can see Yasmin and Faye being friends with each other. If you want to know more about her before you agree it's all here http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/single/?p=8808959&t=7337819
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Frozen Smoke
Member Avatar
Corporal Denyer
[ *  * ]
Zeke would probably get to know Regan through either Church (If she attends) or through the (Apparently thriving) music scene. He could either be an aquaintance, a friend or even a band mate, it's up to you!

(Oh, and if you want someone to try and help her come to terms with her sexuallity, Zeke's your guy!)
Fuckin' Magnemites, how do they work?

V5 Ideas, Current;

Jimmy Johnson - Almost as great as he wants to be

Ezekiel Strahm - The wannabe christian rockstar - Approved

Hey guy, you know, pregame started on Friday the 13th. Think about it. There's probably a really cool hidden meaning there, like how they're all going to d- Oh wait. They are.

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I can see Naomi clashing with Jane quite a bit. In spite (or maybe because of, she's not exactly ladylike) of being huge, Naomi's a pretty easy target thanks to her interests. She'd... react pretty strongly.

Keira's very active in LGBT circles, so she too is a possibility for the assistance-of-sexuality-resolution. She got helped through something similar by her girlfriend.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

widespreadinman
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Hmm... perhaps Faye would be less awkward around Billker? I mean, both aren't exactly social, but he might comment every now and then.

Sister Grimm
Member Avatar
I am a great biotic wind that will sweep all before me like a... a great wind! A great biotic wind!
[ *  * ]
@Deamon, artists that Yasmin is, she'd be a fine match for Faye. Maybe even kindred spirits of a sort. Quiet and lonely, that is. No, yeah, I'm sure something could be worked out with a minimal of switching things around.

@Frozen Smoke, I can definitely see Regan and Zeke palling around, especially if they have similar taste in music. While not exactly a church-going type, Regan does try to keep abreast of the music scene, so someone with similar interests could definitely be a friend. As for bandmate, we're, if I'm not mistaken, looking for a drummer still.

@Namiria, enemies for Jane are always welcome. And Keira, another friend wouldn't go amiss. I'm thinking that Regan is keeping deep in the closest, telling only her secret girlfriend, and possibly her brother. At some point further down the road, as things play out as it were, she might be grateful for some advice. But, up until then, Regan could always use another friend.

@ widespreadinman, Faye certainly wouldn't argue someone who takes the effort to talk to her, but her OCD would drive her crazy if he smoked around her.
"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass" -Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Lost To the Ages

Acidic
Member Avatar
Stuff Happened!
[ *  *  * ]
Caleb Matthews may get along (or even have dated) Jane Gordon.

Also, Jane may as well have a go (bullying) at Edith West. Who might end up the school punching bag.

Marko Laine may be friends with Faye Martin. Both are shy, but Marko isn't very artistic.
Lars Nylund "Shit, I was here for something."
Shopping -> Shooting
Edith West "Who the hell is editing my posts?"
Flirting
Caleb Matthews "Don't worry, Bro. We're still cool."
Refereeing

Sig'd

A journey of a thousand miles ends with one,
"Fuck this, lets play video games."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You and me have Hawke and Regan. :P I'm still looking for a drummer though.

Also, I can see Faye Martin being slight friends with Dolores. Dolores tends to not want many friends, but Faye's a bit different. I can totally imagine them interacting. I could tell you more over pms if you want! :D
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

@Namiria, enemies for Jane are always welcome. And Keira, another friend wouldn't go amiss. I'm thinking that Regan is keeping deep in the closest, telling only her secret girlfriend, and possibly her brother. At some point further down the road, as things play out as it were, she might be grateful for some advice. But, up until then, Regan could always use another friend.

Keira's a nice enough chicka that it would certainly be no stretch for them to be friends.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

storyspoiler
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Mallory V could totally be Jane's friend. She tends to either not notice or simply not care about barbed remarks, and she might bring out Jane's hidden geek side, given that she's an ubergeek herself.
--------

Alice Boucher was a liar.
Liz Polanski played with fire.

And who the hell is Radio Asuka?

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Given that Regan/Aidan shenanigans (oh man their names rhyme) have been essentially sorted...Chitose would get along with Faye, I think. She isn't an artist herself but is fascinated by art and by capable who are capable of making it. She is very patient, if a bit of an oddball, and she's also a gamer and a huge fantasy dork.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4

Sister Grimm
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Oh snap, I apparently didn't reply to this. Bad start to various friendships, huh? Even worse throwing 'oh snap' in there. But, yes! Yes to everyone! Enthusiastic and exultant yes! It's fun setting things up ahead of time.

@Acidic, I could always use more bullying-targets. As for past-relationship regarding Jane/Caleb, I'm not so sure. The sexist part, you see? Friends, I can see. They trade insults, that sort of thing. A Riggs/Murtaugh dynamic. But he would piss Jane off too much for them to have dated. Or, possibly, that's why they broke up, depending on how vocal he is with his remarks. As for Faye, she might be interested in his philosophy. I think it could work out.

@Spoiler, I'd definitely like a chance to indulge Jane's geek side, lest it become similar to how Alice was supposedly an acrobat. Maybe Jane wouldn't join in for the rpg stuff, but she might share book or sci-fi talk. I'm sure we could figure something out.

@Holly, that sounds like a great idea. Having someone who thinks her art is awesome would please Faye to no end. I don't know how much of her interests outside art I've established, but being into fantasy stuff would probably fit fine. Wait! No, I just remembered, gamer. No, yeah, they'd get along great.

Lost To the Ages

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I already said Michelle would be frands with Regan so all systems go!
things

paradise
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Allen would be friends with Faye, he's a bit socially awkward, and a bit OCD as well, he's a gamer, and desperately wants to learn to draw. I could kind of see him being friends with Jane, considering he loves cats and adopts strays.
A-anyone got a light.. I really need to s-smoke about n-now...

-Allen Blue

V5 Concept Character- Allen Blue- Quiet, Tall, Nerd, Furry, Neurotic, Schizophrenic, Crazy Survivalist, Likes Cats.

Sister Grimm
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Oh Vicky, I can't say no to you.

And Paradise, Faye and Allen would be a good match. As for Jane, I can see him walking into her at the animal shelter or something and have a total sitcom moment. Eyes narrowed, drawing a finger across her throat. "You didn't see anything." And then they talk and it's revealed they both totally dig cats.

Lost To the Ages

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply