Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lies, lies, lies; Private and probably very short. Back at the tenth announcement
Topic Started: Aug 3 2011, 01:09 AM (1,199 Views)
Jonny
Member Avatar
You hate kings and you think kings are really stupid. They are petty, bossy tyrants and are really full of themselves and are basically awful in every way.
[ *  *  * ]
(Charlie DuClare continued from Altering the Deal)

Well it'd be nice to put a hand on his shoulder and make a sad face and say Hey man, I know how you feel, but she didn't, she didn't, she was alive and well and she was everything electric, she was letting the grin spread wider, wider, cause when you told her They're all dead she told you,

“Hey, no, no no, you don't know that! We don't know anyone's dead cause-” and here she had to stop for a second, “- cause think about it! If it'd worked, what'd they be saying? They'd be saying the exact same thing as now.”

Lest you think this was some amazing momentary insight, remember it's not. Remember she had two or three eternities to mull this over while the announcement played, and then another for good measure while Aaron clawed at his hair and spoke in his weepiest voice. She had time, she had time.

“It's okay. It's okay, it's real. It worked.” And here she actually put a hand on his shoulder, cause dude was about to write a poem and put it on his livejournal if someone didn't cheer him up soon, “You wanna know why there's this other douchebag reading the announcements? Cause Danya's just gotten his ass kicked by the CIA or whoever it was, and now he's losing his shit and he's too mad to string a sentence together.”

Play that image in your head, ten times twenty times a hundred. Wonder for a second if it'll ever stop being funny.

“And hey... I get what happened at the beach, don't worry about it. You saw the boats, you thought it was too risky for us, you chickened out...” As if compensating for a certain unnecessary risk he'd taken earlier. “Dude, whatever. You're a pussy, but it's okay. I forgive you.”

So there it was.

She saw that he'd been lying. And it didn't end the world.

Didn't even make her skip a beat as she was practically dancing, whirling in her head and jumping so high, pirouette and arabesque and don't give a single fuck about what he said and what he tried to tell you, because he's just some scared boy who doesn't know any better and never will.

And here he was on the verge of tears and here she was gliding along smiling shining weighing nothing at all. And you try and say he took her hope away.

“Hey, come on, let's go.” Grabbing his wrist and nudging in the right direction. “Rescue might still be going on, they might be coming back, they might need help, I don't even know. But I'm going, and you're coming with.”

And Aileen?

“And Aileen, oh my God, you too, I- fuck, I don't know why we didn't just listen to you in the first place, it was- yeah, you're way smarter than me, and you're pretty cool and- let's get you rescued, yeah? We going.”

And she sprang towards her rescue and all things alive and beautiful and glimmering with wonder marched behind her.

(Charlie DuClare continued elsewhere)
Jeremy Franco is alive. You can write a better ending, goddammit.

Charlie DuClare is dead. And nothing was easy anymore except to smile.
Julian Avery is dead. Courage was the man with a gun in his hand.
JJ Sturn is dead. Fuck it, all good things gotta come to an end.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply