Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casting Call!
Topic Started: Jul 26 2011, 10:57 AM (1,652 Views)
Chib
Member Avatar
Oh my god you guys The Riz killed Cara what do!?
[ *  *  * ]
First to break the trend of starting all these threads with the prefix V5, aww yiss.

Anyway.

As mentioned in the concepts thread, I've got pretty big plans for Ford's backstory and pregame activities. There's already some level of interest in a production of Les Misérables having happened the year prior to V5 starting, and on top of that, having some build up to a show that's meant to go on at some point after the kidnapping stuff (or before, depending) to occupy the numerous theatrical types in the pregame would probably be fun.

So this is the thread for all that stuff. Anybody with musical- or technical-theatre interests is obviously welcome, but the artistic types are necessary for things like wardrobe and set, and the more business minded for budget, front of house, and all that jazz.

Yeah, post with interest, ideas for the nature of the pregame show, and anything else relevant to the rampant thespianism.
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy

The Past
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Should have mentioned this earlier, but I would definitely like my character Ruby Forrester to be involved in some way or another.

She could either be one of the actors or (more likely) work on something behind the scenes like the lighting technician or the sound operator. Might be worth mentioning beforehand though that I know very little about the musical Les Miserables, although I'm guessing that wouldn't be too big a deal.

Brian Zhdanovich might also be available for one of the more minor roles, probably a nonspeaking one seeing as acting isn't exactly his speciality. :P
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Chib
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
From the looks of how you've described her, I could see Ford and Ruby being pretty good friends, in that weird sort of "subtly take the piss out of each other almost all the time, but actually surprisingly close" way. And casting by personality alone, I could see her making a good Eponine... or Gavroche, which would be considerably funnier.

As for not knowing much about the show itself, Wikipedia's actually pretty accurate about it, if you wanted to get the general gist of what it's like.
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink

The Past

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jack could definitely be in a play, however he can't sing very well so he definitely wouldn't be able to have a main singing part in a musical.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was thinking about having one of my characters (Sean, specifically) being part of 'crew'... the shorthand term referring to stage hands and theatre techies (my high school was very well known for its theatre program, and techies were often some of the most popular people in school for... some... reason).
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
My character Harry (name subject to change) would be up for this. He's got a young, cheeky looking face, and can totally be a good singer and be up for one of the main roles. I haven't seen Les Mis since I was about thirteen and honestly didn't quite get the story then so I'm going almost entirely on what wiki tells me, but any ideas what role he would be good for?

Oh, and Phoebe will definately play in the pit.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
I will likely have a theatre type lurking around, so if that happens I'll be around.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My character Keira is an actress, so she'd definitely try to get herself involved.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

nope
Member Avatar
throw that pussy like i'm famous
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd also be interested in throwing in a techie

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Being a techie myself I feel honour bound to lend a character to help tech this. Just need to figure out which one.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Chib
Jul 26 2011, 11:28 AM
From the looks of how you've described her, I could see Ford and Ruby being pretty good friends, in that weird sort of "subtly take the piss out of each other almost all the time, but actually surprisingly close" way. And casting by personality alone, I could see her making a good Eponine... or Gavroche, which would be considerably funnier.

As for not knowing much about the show itself, Wikipedia's actually pretty accurate about it, if you wanted to get the general gist of what it's like.
Seeing as we seem to have a lot of techies, I think I'll have her play Eponine.

I would have her play Gavorche instead, because that DOES sound like a very funny idea, but the only problem is that I doubt it'd fit with my intended description of the character (Namely the fact that as much as she tries to downplay it by wearing masculine clothing and having her hair cut short, Ruby looks a bit too feminine to play a male role...)

Come to think of it, I ought to update the profiles I submitted to the concepts thread at some point or another...
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm still interested in having Owen and Chase do stuff and be unhelpful.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Acidic
Member Avatar
Stuff Happened!
[ *  *  * ]
None of my characters will act, but maybe Caleb could be a part of the crew (Moving shit, whatever).
Lars Nylund "Shit, I was here for something."
Shopping -> Shooting
Edith West "Who the hell is editing my posts?"
Flirting
Caleb Matthews "Don't worry, Bro. We're still cool."
Refereeing

Sig'd

A journey of a thousand miles ends with one,
"Fuck this, lets play video games."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.

Chib
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Jegus I was not expecting all this interest. Right...

@Flare
The problem here really is that Les Mis is through-sung, which is to say, there isn't any dialogue that isn't singing. So I'd probably say either skip it and go with the pregame show instead, which I can pretty much guarantee will be more orthodox, or perhaps - with some degree of IC "I don't mean to be funny, but..." - be Grantaire, who's not necessarily meant to be a good singer, due to being the token drunkard. Either or, really.

@MK
Always in need of tech crew, not much interest in the less glamorous roles and all that, but narrowing it down would probably be handy. Unless you literally mean something like a stagehand, in which case, I didn't even think of that good call.

@Fairy
Harry... depends on whether he's more on the youthful side or just outright "young and cheeky", because that could point to either Marius (romantic male lead) or Gavroche (token audacious child), respectively.
And, uh.... the pit?

@Fiori
Eponine it is, nice doing business with you sir.

@Everyone else
Sort of what I said with regards to MK; specificity. I'm glad for any interest at all but you're the ones that know your characters best. I mean if something seems completely unlikely from Ford's perspective I'll say something, but other than that I'm more or less fine with you guys picking out characters/jobs yourselves, whatever fits the profile.

The Past

Tagabasa
Member Avatar
The Killable One
[ *  *  * ]
This has been set for awhile, but Mia Long would be Cosette, while Casey Malkovich would help with lighting and sound stuff.

You can never have too many techies; when my school did Les Mes we had 2 stagehands to move stuff on stage right, 2 stagehands to move stuff on stage left, 2 people on the soundboard, two people on stoplight, a girl who did ropes, and two adults who helped (who, in this situation, would be replaced by students). And that's not including the student assistant, costume girl, the make-up girl, the set-builders and the set-painters (of which there were 6 each, but some of them overlapped with other roles), and the ushers. Ford's production probably won't be that large, though. Plus, my school be crazy.

Quote:

He's got a young, cheeky looking face, and can totally be a good singer and be up for one of the main roles.

That sounds like Marius.
Version 4 Character:
Simon Fletcher (B104): Dead at The Sawmill

Version 5 Character:
Casey Malkovich (G037): Dead at The Farmhouse

Spoiler: click to toggle

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply