Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The City on the Edge of Forever; Private
Topic Started: Jul 24 2011, 10:18 PM (2,345 Views)
Ciel
Member Avatar
"Thatís not a prediction, thatís a spoiler.Ē
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Jessica Pentangeli continued from Full Circle)

The waves of green had brushed across her cheek so many times that it burned. It stood out amongst the other feelings, the other powerful burnings in the pit of her chest. She couldn't think. She could only feel. Everything and nothing. The only sound that stood out was Nick's voice and her muffled urges. Her voice felt hollow, as if she were panting inside of a cave. Her eyes teared up, she bit her lip and she tried to straddle Nick with her legs, despite her position. Her nails and her hair found the dirt beneath her. Pain mixed with joy. Love mixed with lust.

And for a century everything was perfect. Because no matter how much she tried to scold herself or berate her own actions, this was hers. She did this.

And yet she didn't sleep. Jessica was so tired, so fucking tired. The happiness that found it's way into her heart was overwhelming her and she just wanted to find a bed and rest. Yet she was wide awake.

Her heart thumped.

"Nick?"

She needed him to tell her that this was real. Help me Nick, I'm stuck in a dream and I can't get out. She didn't say that though.

"What are you thinking?"

His response stabbed her. The wound was deep and painful, and for a moment Jessica felt the urge to cry. She kept it bottled up. She didn't want to cry in her dream.

"Nick - "

"I love you - " of course she didn't say that.

"You're everything to me - " she didn't say that either.

Both were on the tip of her tongue, threatening to bust free. Then Jessie bottled all of it up. It was nothing new. This wasn't something that she had come to learn about herself that she never noticed before. She always knew that she was a coward. She had no spine. She drove everyone away, even her best friend. Except Nick. She wasn't planning on letting him go. And yet she couldn't bare to tell him the truth. Even after what had happened it rang true. Even after realizing she was dreaming, she wouldn't dare tell him. That was how truly spineless she was. She mentally spat at herself.

She was still worried. Would her parents feel disgusted? Would they disown her? Would nothing ever be the same? Was she dirty? How did Nick feel? Was he worried?

Of course, these weren't the questions Jessica wanted answers to.

She stared into his eyes and swallowed her tongue.

"What do you think... death is like?"
Edited by Ciel, Jul 25 2011, 03:49 PM.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nick's answer filled her with relief, but it wasn't enough. Her mind was spinning now. Her breasts pressed against his side, her head dipping.

"... scared."

Jessica thought. She sighed.

"I'm scared of everything Nick." She said. "I worry about the smallest things. I'm paranoid over how people think of me. I don't think I do anything right. Everything makes me jump. I - " She pressed her chin against his jaw. "Sometimes I get scared whenever my hair falls in front of my face. My heart pounds and I freak out. I guess I.... I'm... Just a coward. I-I always have been."

She closed her eyes.

"But death has never really scared me. I guess I never thought about it. I never cared." Jessica twirled a finger around a lock of hair. "I figured I wouldn't have to worry about it." She paused. Gasped. "I-I mean, I don't want to die - " She wheezed. "I really don't want to die, not now. Not after..." She stopped. "But I never really understood death. I just figured it was something that happened to other people... something I shouldn't be concerned with."

Jessica paused. Her hand ran against his chest. She felt an urge in the pit of her chest. She blushed, pressing her lips against his cheek.

That was when her eyes started to water.

"But now... I'm not just scared Nick. I'm terrified. T - I'm - Terrified of losing everything! I didn't even know I had anything until we..." She trailed off. "I-I just don't want to go back to having nothing. I had nothing when I was in high school. I was a scared little girl with no friends. I sat in the back of the room and never spoke to anyone. No one knew my name. No one cared except Alex." She sniffed. "I wanted to die. I really did. But I was too much of a coward to go through with it..."

Hesitation.

"Then you came, I met you and I - and I- Everything felt right, you were perfect, and we met at the pie shop every week and I didn't want it to ever end. You were so positive and people liked you. When anyone thought you were weird, you didn't care. It's like nothing ever got to you. And that's what I wanted. I wanted to be you. Positive, well-liked... nice. Not a coward." She quivered. "I wanted to tell you that I admire you but I was scared of what you'd think... but I figured I'd have my whole life... but..."

She swallowed. The tears came again.

"... but then I woke up on this island and I was so scared! I didn't know what to do! I stayed with Alex but then she went off and died and I was alone! And - And - and..."

She wheezed, head buried in Nick's neck. She was so pathetic.

"But it's okay now! It's okay, right? You're with me. Now that we're together, like this, it means you care. You're here. S-So I'm not going to be terrified. You're the only thing that matters Nick. If you weren't around, I'd have no reason to..."

Live? But she couldn't think of that. Not in front of Nick.

"You'll stay with me, right? You won't leave me like Alex... you would never do that..."

She went silent. Took a breath.

"... right?"
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
But Jessie was on top of Nick, staring him straight in the eyes. When he turned away, she tried to turn with him so that the only thing he could stare at was her. She couldn't sense his reluctance. All she could feel or understand was his feelings for her. He cared. He really did.

"N-Nick," She held his arms, brushing her chin against his jaw. "I don't want to die. But I don't want to live without you. If you leave, I'll just wither and die! We can't be separated, don't you see?"

The pitch of her voice heightened.

"Don't you see Nick? We can't let anyone kill us! Then we'd be alone!"

Her expression was pale. She sounded scared.

"I want us to be together forever. I want you, like I wanted you then. You've made me feel things I couldn't even describe! I want us to be together, to feel these things!"

Jessica was shaking now. She was almost screaming.

"And the only way we can do that is if we end it together!"

Jessie clutched Nick's arm tight enough to draw blood.

"You know that right? It's the only way! We can't let this game break us! Ending it ourselves is the only way we can truly live! Please see what I mean!"
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jessica nodded. She couldn't have agreed more. Nick was right, so right, absolutely rihgt.

"We can't survive."

So they had to die.

Die.

Die. Death was a foreign concept, something that Jessica didn't truly understand. It truly scared her. She didn't care. As long as Nick was there with her.

If she and Nick could be together, Jessica would be happy.

Jessica knew of a place. They were close to a cliff, they had passed by it earlier. Jessica desperately pulled the cloth of her shirt over her head, flicking her tongue over her teeth. She couldn't go walking around without clothes. No. Not in front of Nick.

Her cheeks flushed. She remembered of her previous hours. Her heart pounded.

"I - " love you, she didn't say that though, " - want to be with you. You are so nice Nick - "

She grabbed his arm.

"So let's do it Nick. There's a cliff, we can end it there. Just do it without thinking. We can beat this game, we can do it together."

She started to pull. He was too heavy to pull up all by herself, but she tried.

She hoped for everything.

"Please..."
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There was no death by sleep. There were no lullabies, no embraces. The end was not peaceful.

It ended in a brutally loud crack that shook the rock beneath Jessica Pentangeli's weight. Head first. Neck snapped like a twig in three separate directions. Fractions to the head, leaving a gaping wound. Blood spilled, not gallons but enough to mark where she landed. Died instantly. On impact the body flew forward, flying off the edge of the rock, into the waves below. A hour later, the tide would finally manage to pull her body free of the boulder, and drift the corpse off into the ocean. No evidence. Her body would never be found again.

She couldn't have known any of this. In her mind, she imagined splattering like a tomato thrown to the floor. A terrible mess. Juice everywhere. She was worried someone would mind the mess. Or maybe nothing would happen. She would just drown. Funny. She was worried whether the waves would manage to weigh her down. She was a worrisome child. As if her death were somehow inconveniencing everyone else.

That was Jessica. She was paranoid. Afraid of doing the wrong things. Afraid that no one liked her. Afraid of everything.

It was too much to expect Jessica to grow a spine in her final seconds. The final seconds that felt like hours.

Jessica's mind was plagued. She couldn't turn her attention to anything else but...

Nick.

Nick had promised her. He had promised her. That was what she couldn't believe. Didn't he... they... they fucked on the grass for christssake! Did that mean anything to him?! Did he use her?! Did he ever really care about her!?! Jessica felt dirty, and she worried if everyone else was going to think she was a whore. Of course she worried, she always worried.

She wasn't mad though. Saddened. Feeling useless. Not mad though. What would anger serve her? Nick meant too much to her...

Jessica almost laughed. She really was a fucking idiot.

Everything you know is gone Jessie. A lie. All that's left is to close your eyes.

She almost did too, but -

that's when she heard it.

Nick's voice.

A shout. She could hear it so clearly.

She managed to look up with the slightest turn of the head. Nick was still standing there. Staring down at her. Then her head turned, and it was impossible to keep looking.

And for once, Jessica understood. She stopped worrying.

Yes. Yes, she would see him again. And until that day arrived, she would be willing to wait for an eternity.

She mouthed a timid phrase, three words, love-struck, aimed at the boy she spent so long thinking about, knowing full well that it would never reach his ear.

You know how this ends.

If it's any consolation, her end was quick and painless.

G030, Jessica Pentangeli : DECEASED
38 STUDENTS REMAIN
V6

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Southern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply